(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-03-2012, 05:04 PM

Hahaha yeaahh! Such a unique style *q*

neller
The Lover of UNICORNS

Old 11-03-2012, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalSquishy View Post
@Neller: It's horrible, actually, I think my art shop died of disuse in general hahaha. So busy busy nowadays~ It's so good to see that some people that I remember still go onto this site though! :3

And I've been here for a long time I feel, it was before those games were made, and before those headers were made (the pictures at the top)....

but not long time enough ago to get those valentine rares that everyone wants hahhaa
I was here just long enough to see what Mene looked like without the header. And then it suddenly changed after I was here like a month...maybe less. O.O

I wish I knew about Mene when it first was born. Haha. I love this place. I've been on it longer than any other site. :3

RoyalSquishy
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-03-2012, 05:12 PM

Haha yeah! You were probably on this site around the same time I was, probably longer. I feel like I might have seen your name once or twice. But I remember when I was here, they were making a LOT of changes to the site, and started making it more....modern?

I remember when games first came out, there was no one in threads until events, so I remember taking a LOOONGG hiatus. So you can say I'm pretty new now in the ways of mene! I didn't even know they had a functioning marketplace!

neller
The Lover of UNICORNS

Old 11-03-2012, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Haha yeah! You were probably on this site around the same time I was, probably longer. I feel like I might have seen your name once or twice. But I remember when I was here, they were making a LOT of changes to the site, and started making it more....modern?

I remember when games first came out, there was no one in threads until events, so I remember taking a LOOONGG hiatus. So you can say I'm pretty new now in the ways of mene! I didn't even know they had a functioning marketplace!
The marketplace is rather new. I think it's less than a year old. ^.^
I joined Mene in September 2009. But there were games so you were definitely here before I was. I remember the biggest change to the site when I first joined was the change of the homepage. I don't remember what it used to look like, though. >.>

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 11-03-2012, 05:24 PM

the exchange is nice

RoyalSquishy
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-03-2012, 05:28 PM

@neller: Oh wow, I just looked up my profile and it says I joined in 2007...has it already been 5 years? Holy canoli!

And yeah! I remember that change too! I wonder if that artist is still drawing for menewsha....or if she doesn't anymore. ;A;

@hummy: I was never good at dealing with the exchange, because I didn't know pricing all too well at all U_U;; I remember getting most of my contribution items through people who wanted art. :9

neller
The Lover of UNICORNS

Old 11-03-2012, 06:15 PM

I kinda miss the Exchange threads. The marketplace screwed the prices of items up. Old items are less valuable, new items are more costly. All that hooblah. BAH! haha. I was excited for the marketplace when it first came out, and it's more controlled than Gaia's because we're a smarted crowd here at Mene. XD

I'm not sure who the artist for Mene is, anymore, if they have on. XD I think event coordinators and moderators handle those types of things anymore. :O

Mene is down to one pixelist...but wishie does such and great job.

RoyalSquishy
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-03-2012, 06:24 PM

Well, I figured the prices would jack up because the Marketplace is so convenient @ _ @. And Mene has always been good at controlling these types of things, also because there aren't as many people and a LOT less spammers in general.
Games in my opinion, REALLY jacked up prices, because now there is so much money floating everywhere haha.

I noticed that not all the shops have NPC art, so I'm assuming the artist is MIA? But then I wonder who does the event art that you sometimes see on the front page~ >>;; <<;; And WOW only one pixelist? But the pixels I see on everyone' avatars are so adorable so wish IS doing a wonderful job. I just wonder what happened to all the other pixelists @_@?

neller
The Lover of UNICORNS

Old 11-03-2012, 08:44 PM

I'm guessing Mene doesn't have the money to pay multiple pixelists. That also probably explains why some of the shops don't have NPC art...They don't have money for an artist. Banner art for events are done by event coordinators and moderators.

I'm quitting the other site I get on. So maybe I can start putting a little extra money into helping Mene out. ^.^

Superstition
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-03-2012, 11:04 PM

When I have some money inflow, I am definitly going to give to Mene!! If it weren't for this site, I'd be bored to tears...

neller
The Lover of UNICORNS

Old 11-03-2012, 11:47 PM

Me too! That's definitely why I try to donate to Mene when I can. :)

RoyalSquishy
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-04-2012, 02:29 AM

Haha, I wish I had money to spend on Mene, but unfortunately I don't. ;A;

I wouldn't mind doing art for mene for gold currency though ahahahahahahahahahahahahaha =u=

but my art would have a HUGE disparity compared to all the other beautiful art on the site.

WherededIGo
(・・^...

Old 11-04-2012, 05:09 AM

What are you saying? Your art is amazing!

neller
The Lover of UNICORNS

Old 11-04-2012, 06:50 AM

I must agree with WherededIGo. Your art is amazing! I'm totally jealous. And I bet anything you could come up with would look lovely. :O

RoyalSquishy
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-04-2012, 07:05 AM

Aw thank you guys! >U<
There is still a lot to learn though O-O I never have any patience to make anything clean, and I definitely am lacking in perspective and background and shading and alll that jazz lol.

Anyways~ do anything fun today? :D

maidenroseheart
Can I please come down? ~Simple ...

Old 11-04-2012, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WherededIGo View Post
*Sleeps on MRH*
cuddles with Where
Quote:
Originally Posted by neller View Post
-saw no posts-
I shall love this thread! -snuggles inside-

Hello everyone. ^.^
Welcome neller
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstition View Post
Yay! Wondered if I would find the glade! Hi guys! Sorry Whered, you can't claim this thread - I do!!! *grabs everyone in a group hug*
happily returns the hug... I would claim my own thread but I just got in and can't stay unless I want to freeze.... so good to see you dear.
Quote:
Wah hello peoples? ouo
hi hon!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascadellia View Post
Where's art is awesome. <3
I totally agree... been watching his work on deviant art :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by hummy View Post

the exchange is nice
Hummy!!! So glad you found my place :D
Quote:
Haha, I wish I had money to spend on Mene, but unfortunately I don't. ;A;

I wouldn't mind doing art for mene for gold currency though ahahahahahahahahahahahahaha =u=

but my art would have a HUGE disparity compared to all the other beautiful art on the site.
Dear, I would buy your art... just point the way to where I can place an order ^_^

neller
The Lover of UNICORNS

Old 11-04-2012, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Aw thank you guys! >U<
There is still a lot to learn though O-O I never have any patience to make anything clean, and I definitely am lacking in perspective and background and shading and alll that jazz lol.

I was on mene all day! But then I got sick. So I've done nothing but Mene all day.
I need to start writing for NaNoWriMo. x.x

maidenroseheart

Old 11-04-2012, 07:19 AM

At least you had mene to keep you company :D

neller
The Lover of UNICORNS

Old 11-04-2012, 07:19 AM

But I'm quite lacking in all of the areas you've mentioned, too. If you really need help with perspective, I suggest taking a figure study class. It's helped me out with human anatomy so much! And then my Illustration class is great practice for clean art. :)

---------- Post added 11-04-2012 at 01:20 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by maidenroseheart View Post
At least you had mene to keep you company :D
That it did...and my boyfriend. Lol. I would have been lonely today if it weren't for those two things. :3

maidenroseheart

Old 11-04-2012, 07:21 AM

I can understand that :) I'm probably going to disappear now... see you all tomorrow!

RoyalSquishy
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-04-2012, 07:22 AM

@maiden: wagggh waaaggh Thank you too *0* Hahaha, now someone give me all the time in the world

Oh noes! Bai :c

Oh hey look its Daylight Savings, now I have an extra hour! LOL Too bad I'm just going to use it to sleep =u=

@neller: Oh I've always wanted to take figure drawing classes and art classes in general! My parents would never allow me because it was expensive. After grad school and paying off my loans I definitely will try to take some classes for sure! :D

neller
The Lover of UNICORNS

Old 11-04-2012, 07:25 AM

See ya, Maiden! ^.^

I'm lucky enough to have those courses as requirements. I'm a graphic design major concentrating in illustration. It's. So. AWESOME. :D

RoyalSquishy
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-04-2012, 07:32 AM

Wah wah jealaloususs heheh. Art seems like such a fun major, but I didn't pick it because I knew I would get super stressed. Whenever I design things or draw things for other people I get really stressed and begin to hate it. So I wanted to avoid that life hahaha. I definitely love seeing people's reactions to my work though which is a plus.

What are you planning to be? I'm not entirely sure how graphic designer/illustrators work exactly...do you illustrate things that can go up on the internet? @_@

WherededIGo
(・・^...

Old 11-04-2012, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Aw thank you guys! >U<

Perspectives are ebil. So are backgrounds XD

RoyalSquishy
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-04-2012, 04:50 PM

I know right!? A lot of times when I try to add them in it's like -stupid looking-

Agh, I can't understand them! Hahaha but then its partly my fault because I don't practice enough! ~0~