star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to star2000shadow Send a message via MSN to star2000shadow

Old 03-18-2018, 01:00 PM

Because we didn't get a second CI last month and so dfar have gotten none this month. heck the only 'update' was a new user for admins pic..so im just wondering if mene's dying ?

monstahh`
faerie graveyard

Old 03-18-2018, 11:33 PM

If there have been other updates to the current status of things, I haven't seen it so I couldn't tell ya. :(
I am pretty bummed about there not being another CI, and about all the errors.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 03-19-2018, 02:35 AM

It is very sad that we only seem to see activity around events. I feel kind of frustrated and that trying to keep activity growing is sort of useless. I haven't put any Flyers up at the library since before October's update/ server move. I didn't want to invite new people here and all of the glitches kind of turn them off to a really sweet community that I love with all of my heart. But I can say this is how a lot of Avatar sites find the end of their existence. Which means you have to come on post around a little bit even when nobody's here. Because you never know when a new member will pop on and if there's nobody here to greet them then they don't stick around. Anyway just my 2 cents on the subject.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 03-20-2018, 07:22 PM

I'm worried a but...doesn't usually take this long between updates... :(

LillieRose
(^._.^)ノ

Old 03-20-2018, 08:49 PM

I am thinking that maybe the mods and admins are trying to combine St Paddy's day, Easter and April Fools all in one event? Maybe?

I don't know. The lack of CI this month is concerning...

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 03-20-2018, 11:26 PM

Well St. Patty's Day, Easter, and April Fools are not annual events. Sometimes they have them and sometimes not. But the no CI, no comments in the help thread of issues l..that's what concerns me.

monstahh`
faerie graveyard

Old 03-21-2018, 01:11 PM

They posted an update, link on the main page of menewsha. I dunno if y'all have seen it yet, but, check it out.

Inzanebraned
(^._.^)ノ

Old 03-22-2018, 08:00 PM

I hate to think it but I'm afraid Mene is dying a very slow death and is in denial of the inevitable.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 03-26-2018, 02:00 AM

Events seem to be the only thing that keeps it active. And that is so very sad. With having just events keep him it active it prevents some of the people from posting because they're so busy which prevents the site from being active so it's like a catalyst for the slowness and then a burst of activity for an event and then back to the beginning again. And I do fear the worst. In fact so much so I think my last donation has become my last donation. I've had a few sites where I've had a credit of the site money's just taken away from me when it disappeared. I am really sad.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 03-30-2018, 10:29 PM

y'all come on out to the mini-event Easter/Spring breakage ;p

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 04-04-2018, 01:04 AM

I wonder why we didn't get any CIs for March. I thought wish was gonna have more time for them or something..

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 04-04-2018, 01:50 AM

Captain howdy posted in the announcement thread. I think he said something about some issues in the back end of the site preventing it? Or something like that. In any manner, and empty contribution shop is a really scary Shoppe especially for people that donate. And more especially to people that have money still sitting in their account. I would like to see something put in the shop during the meantime. Of course, if it is possible.

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 04-06-2018, 01:48 PM

Me too. I actually bought more mennies to spend them on the next CI. I almost never do that. Makes me pretty sad that I pretty much didn't need to...

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 04-15-2018, 12:27 PM

It certainly seems as though mene is dying. :( I don't think we've ever gone this long without a new CI release. I hope wishie is okay. I'm also concerned about the lack of activity - not just by members, but by staff...it really just seems like the end. Sorry to be Debbie Downer - I'm juts super concerned :( Wishing I could do something to help!

Mikio
(・ω・)

Old 04-15-2018, 05:38 PM

Tbh not much is happening on this site and ever since the server move, all these glitches have been really bugging me. Trades got fixed but there are still so many things that aren't working. I'm not really active anymore apart from events and last event I totally forgot about until the very last day. I never really made any friends on this site but that's probably because I don't post much nor are hangouts really my thing as I tend to forget to check and I disappear very often. I really hope mene doesn't die and I hope the website's problems get fixed.

I tried to suggest ways to boost activity in one of my threads during the Valentine's day event, I think. It was either that event or the Christmas one. Either way, I have some ideas. My main idea was that just because staff can't find the time to make this website engaging, it doesn't mean that WE as a community can't help out, e.g by making a mini comic series that is regularly updated, helping with pixeling items, making art in time for CI releases (we have loads of artists here) and all kinds of other ways to boost activity and lure in new users. I'd be down to help. I'll be finished with university in about two month's time and would love to help out in any way possible.

---------- Post added 04-15-2018 at 06:40 PM ----------

Also, I currently have 500 mennies just gathering dust in my account

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 04-15-2018, 07:23 PM

I'm not sure but I think some people that were trying to join we're having difficulties. And I don't know if that ever got taken care of. I mean we've had test baby as our new member for I don't know a month now? And I am assuming that was done by staff to see if it worked, I could be wrong. A lot of us do try to keep activity going. But it's sort of difficult when new members aren't able to join or activate their account or whatever. It's just a very sad time.

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 04-15-2018, 07:35 PM

< 5020 Mennies waiting here.

There is nothing that can be done about this until our Admins are able to DL things from dropbox and load them into the system again. As Howdy said in the announcement the bork has crept into the back end.

That's not to say we haven't been doing things in the mean time. For example, there has been a new CI ready to be loaded into the site since, MARCH 1st. As well as a few things floating around that could be used for EI's/updates.

So new items and art assets aren't so much the problem. It's people to load/ a system that let's us load those things in.

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 05-06-2018, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummy View Post

It is very sad that we only seem to see activity around events. I feel kind of frustrated and that trying to keep activity growing is sort of useless. I haven't put any Flyers up at the library since before October's update/ server move. I didn't want to invite new people here and all of the glitches kind of turn them off to a really sweet community that I love with all of my heart. But I can say this is how a lot of Avatar sites find the end of their existence. Which means you have to come on post around a little bit even when nobody's here. Because you never know when a new member will pop on and if there's nobody here to greet them then they don't stick around. Anyway just my 2 cents on the subject.
I'm giving you a dollar.

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 05-12-2018, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephila View Post
< 5020 Mennies waiting here.

There is nothing that can be done about this until our Admins are able to DL things from dropbox and load them into the system again. As Howdy said in the announcement the bork has crept into the back end.

That's not to say we haven't been doing things in the mean time. For example, there has been a new CI ready to be loaded into the site since, MARCH 1st. As well as a few things floating around that could be used for EI's/updates.

So new items and art assets aren't so much the problem. It's people to load/ a system that let's us load those things in.
thank you nephila! reading this was very hopeful :D