Chikyu
Celestial Potato

Old 05-11-2016, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat Dakuu View Post
Would using some kind of art blog be a better community?

aww, lookit the dragons! They're so cute.
Well it would be a tumblr ( my art blog). Just to share my work. I'm actually looking for a website to sell work. I don't really need a place to store my work. I can always use my art blog for that and follow other artists I like.

Tee hee, thanks! :3

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-11-2016, 07:57 PM

I'm just thinking that DA couldn't serve as an art blog. It's basically the same thing. I don't know which is easier to maintain.

Chikyu
Celestial Potato

Old 05-11-2016, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat Dakuu View Post
I'm just thinking that DA couldn't serve as an art blog. It's basically the same thing. I don't know which is easier to maintain.
Oh, I wasn't thinking of DA as a possible art blog, and I think tumblr would be easier. Maybe later on, I will make a DA account.

Blerg, my little brother is watching PPG the remake...and I want to cringe. I miss the older PPg. So much violence lol

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 05-11-2016, 09:27 PM

change the channel, Chikie

Chikyu
Celestial Potato

Old 05-11-2016, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummy View Post

change the channel, Chikie
Haha, my older brother did when he went to shower xD

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-11-2016, 11:41 PM

PPG??

Chikyu
Celestial Potato

Old 05-11-2016, 11:48 PM

Power Puff Girls! :D

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-11-2016, 11:49 PM

Ah. I didn't know they remade it.

Chikyu
Celestial Potato

Old 05-12-2016, 01:53 AM

Yep :/

fireprincess
A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Mak...

Penpal

Old 05-13-2016, 11:55 PM

*plops down*
Hey! How's it going? Have any fun plans for the weekend?

Chikyu
Celestial Potato

Old 05-14-2016, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireprincess View Post
*plops down*
Hey! How's it going? Have any fun plans for the weekend?
Sorry, I was barely online yesterday!
Today my bff is comin over so we can play Okami!
Hbu?

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Shadami

Old 05-15-2016, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chikyu View Post
Yeah, I think I'm gonna follow your suggestion. chibi and bust, but bribe for full bodies!

Ahh, thank you, but I'm sure yours was adorable too! ^<^

Haha, you're welcome, fire!
i guess . but they were just quick doodles ^^;;

Chikyu
Celestial Potato

Old 05-15-2016, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadami View Post
i guess . but they were just quick doodles ^^;;
Haha, doodles or not, it's still art! :3

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 05-15-2016, 01:19 AM

true i suppose. xD but i still want to be better.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 05-15-2016, 01:45 AM

Quote:
I see, well I am usually interested in the commuity aspect of websites. So I guess it's a mtter of personal preference. BUt I agree, following other artists is nice! Good inspiration

Maria-Minamino: Here are Mare and Damien! I even added their dragons (tho it's just the heads ) Damien is actually trying to praise Mare for doing a good job but of course, he doesn't want to admit it directly. I SHIP EM SO HARD OK I COULDN'T HELP BUT ADD BLUSH
I'm SO sorry for the late reply - my students and I had our end of year concert on Tuesday. Then took the day off the next day and slept all day LOL Then worked Thursday and went to support a private voice student of mine in HER end of the year concert. Then Friday was Field Day at my school...been a busy and exhausting week. And then today I literally read and entire 600 page book LOL

Anyway - I absolutely ADORE THIS. They look so stinking cute. You can just tell they really like each other but at loathe to admit it XDDDD Thank you so much for getting this done. Is it bad that I want to order MORE art when you open your slots again? XDDDDDD THANK YOU <3333

Chikyu
Celestial Potato

Old 05-16-2016, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria-Minamino View Post
I'm SO sorry for the late reply - my students and I had our end of year concert on Tuesday. Then took the day off the next day and slept all day LOL Then worked Thursday and went to support a private voice student of mine in HER end of the year concert. Then Friday was Field Day at my school...been a busy and exhausting week. And then today I literally read and entire 600 page book LOL

Anyway - I absolutely ADORE THIS. They look so stinking cute. You can just tell they really like each other but at loathe to admit it XDDDD Thank you so much for getting this done. Is it bad that I want to order MORE art when you open your slots again? XDDDDDD THANK YOU <3333
Oh my! You really did have a long week! How sweet of you to go to her concert. Hope both performances went well! And I really need to pick up a good book! Haha, as for the late reply, no worries, I mean, this art is months late ;w;

I'm so glad you like it and that I captured their relationship! I loved drawing their expressions x3
I wasn't sure how to fit the dragons in, I felt like it made me look lazy to only put their heads xD
Ahh, I'm flattered you want more art from me! I will make some changes to the shop, only offer chibi and bust. Ful bodies will prob involve bribes. I just don't want to overwhelm myself! I do love drawing pieces with backgrounds and such, but it can get time consuming when I have so many orders. Which is flattering at the same time lol

---------- Post added 05-15-2016 at 08:08 PM ----------

Quote:
true i suppose. xD but i still want to be better.
I am the same way, even if I make something I really like, the next day I look at it and I'm like "NOOO WHAT IS THIS?? I NEED TO DO BETTER"

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 05-17-2016, 01:55 AM

i'm pretty sure i'll do that with the art i just did today ^^:;

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 05-17-2016, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Oh my! You really did have a long week! How sweet of you to go to her concert. Hope both performances went well! And I really need to pick up a good book! Haha, as for the late reply, no worries, I mean, this art is months late ;w;

I'm so glad you like it and that I captured their relationship! I loved drawing their expressions x3
I wasn't sure how to fit the dragons in, I felt like it made me look lazy to only put their heads xD
Ahh, I'm flattered you want more art from me! I will make some changes to the shop, only offer chibi and bust. Ful bodies will prob involve bribes. I just don't want to overwhelm myself! I do love drawing pieces with backgrounds and such, but it can get time consuming when I have so many orders. Which is flattering at the same time lol

---------- Post added 05-15-2016 at 08:08 PM ----------

I am the same way, even if I make something I really like, the next day I look at it and I'm like "NOOO WHAT IS THIS?? I NEED TO DO BETTER"
You are inspiring me to go back to writing this story :P

anyway - I'm okay with chibi and bust :P XD or bribing. I bribe you a lot anyway XDDD

Chikyu
Celestial Potato

Old 05-17-2016, 11:24 PM

Quote:
You are inspiring me to go back to writing this story :P

anyway - I'm okay with chibi and bust :P XD or bribing. I bribe you a lot anyway XDDD
Woo! Write a little! Well, I know you are probably busy with work tho

LOL I am looking into selling art prints on ebay and Etsy, and art on Redbubble and Society6. This will require a lot of my time, so it would be better for me to stick with bust and chibis.

---------- Post added 05-17-2016 at 07:25 PM ----------

Quote:
i'm pretty sure i'll do that with the art i just did today ^^:;
Ahh, hope not. But it can be frustrating. I sometimes make something i really like, but then I see other artists' works that I envy and then I feel like crap...but also inspired? lol geez

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 05-17-2016, 11:26 PM

Nice! I hope you sell a lot of prints :) That's exciting! I need to practice art more - I just forgot how to do...anything. And I'm just not a fan of my style anymore D:

Chikyu
Celestial Potato

Old 05-17-2016, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Nice! I hope you sell a lot of prints :) That's exciting! I need to practice art more - I just forgot how to do...anything. And I'm just not a fan of my style anymore D:
Thank you! I'm researching printers to do this, but they are quite expensive. I'm going to Office Max probably tomorrow for their opinion on Epson printers.

I've been slacking in the art department myself, I'm kinda disappointed in myself because I know I could be so much better by now had I practiced drawing more TuT

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 05-17-2016, 11:32 PM

I like Epson - they are cheap and pretty reliable for the most part.

I completely understand how you feel. I do pixel stuff - but haven't drawn drawn for a while OTL

Chikyu
Celestial Potato

Old 05-17-2016, 11:34 PM

Quote:
I like Epson - they are cheap and pretty reliable for the most part.

I completely understand how you feel. I do pixel stuff - but haven't drawn drawn for a while OTL
Other artists seem to like them too! I don't need any of their bigger expensive ones, just one to do small color prints.

Pixel stuff, mad respect to artists like you because that looks very tedious! But I guess art is tedious in general. But I admire pixel artists!

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 05-17-2016, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Other artists seem to like them too! I don't need any of their bigger expensive ones, just one to do small color prints.

Pixel stuff, mad respect to artists like you because that looks very tedious! But I guess art is tedious in general. But I admire pixel artists!
Haha all art is definitely tedious xD It gets tedious when you recolor but I enjoy shading the original piece :P

Chikyu
Celestial Potato

Old 05-17-2016, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Haha all art is definitely tedious xD It gets tedious when you recolor but I enjoy shading the original piece :P
Yep! I actually love shading too, just messing with lighting can bring more life to you work!