Mageling
Mostly void, partially stars

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Mageling

Old 05-02-2014, 04:01 AM

"Doc, you are asking me entirely too complicated a question for my brain to handle right now," Avery muttered to him. She was still pressing her fingers to her temples in an attempt to ease the pounding in her head. It wasn't easing yet, and Avery desperately wanted to retire to her quarters where it was quiet and dark so she could pass out for a while. Quiet and dark sounded like a phenomenal idea. After another moment, though, Avery decided she at least owed it to Doc to attempt to explain, even though she didn't understand most of it herself. It was the least she could do, since she was fairly sure she'd worried him with the stunt she pulled.

"There was this thing, it seemed kind of like an AI," she said. "It put me through this tutorial thing, it told me how to interface with the doll and it sort of explained how the personality core worked. I don't understand most of it, though, and my head hurts too much right now to pick through it, but it said something about Advanced Energy a few times and I really didn't get it."

HC-Gal
Badass Freakin' Overlord!
Send a message via MSN to HC-Gal Send a message via Yahoo to HC-Gal

Old 05-02-2014, 07:24 PM

Doc stared at Avery as she explained, she'd already gone over the idea of there having been some tutorial inside before, but affecting the personality core.. Was she saying this doll, this girl, Reina, was nothing more than a doll with a programmable personality? And Avery chose this? He couldn't even begin to imagine how many treaties this alone violated. To top it off they were using banned, dangerous technology and now talk of Advanced energy. There was a spark of recognition to that, the Doctor raised his brow at that,
"Advanced Energy? It said that..? Advanced Energy is theoretical bullshit, it doesn't exist." He stated, staring at the one who identified herself as Reina once Avery said the name, "There was a crazy doctor who came up with the theory that humanity and all living things as a whole have untapped stores of energy in their body, and this was partly responsible for some of the more amazing feats that humans would sometimes perform, or influence great works of art, music or literature. But the way he explained it made it sound more like magic than science."

John shifted his free hand to the gun at his hip a moment, a slight chill of terror swept over him as Reina looked in his direction, it was as if she'd caught the motion he made. She fixed him dead with a stare, as if she were an animal ready to defend herself, sensing the hostility and the fear coming from the Doctor, but he caught himself and moved his hand away from the gun,
"She really is a weapon," he uttered, looking over to Avery again, "She's a homegrown weapon. The Dastan weren't hiring doctors to make biological weapons like I thought they were, they were making living weapons. We've got one of their most precious new weapons in our cargo hold."

Before he could speak further, Hannah got up close to him and whacked him across the side of the head, he was stunned, staring up at the muscular woman,
"W-what was that for?!"
"Two points, one; you're freaking yourself out, two; you're scaring the girl, weapon or not, she has a personality, which means she has feelings and you're hurting them," She scolded. He froze and stared at Reina again, she had withdrawn, shifting as far back into the tube as she could and pulled her knees up close to herself, hiding her head behind them.
John looked at the pitiful sight and pulled something of a grim face before sighing,
"Well Captain, it's all on you what to do about this. I doubt the Dastan will be happy either.." He replied finally, it was strange to think Hannah could be so right, but then he remembered not to underestimate her intelligence.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 05-20-2014, 08:04 PM

"Weapon or not, she's on the ship now," Avery pointed out as she tried to press her fingers even harder against her skull. The throbbing still wasn't easing, and even just the normal sounds of the ship were beginning to grate on her. For now, she needed to lay down and rest. "Doc, pull up all you can on Advanced Energy, I want to be able to understand it once my head stops pounding. Hannah, keep us moving, I don't want the Dastan finding us. Find a safe port, if you can, we'll need to resupply soon enough." She looked at Reina, and hesitated. "And Hannah, if you can, keep an eye on Reina for now." Avery trusted Hannah to keep an eye on Reina, at least until Avery herself could get some rest. Once her head stopped threatening to explode, she'd be able to keep an eye on the doll-girl herself. "I'm going back to my quarters. Hannah's in charge until I come back out."

HC-Gal
Badass Freakin' Overlord!
Send a message via MSN to HC-Gal Send a message via Yahoo to HC-Gal

Old 05-20-2014, 08:44 PM

[ Sorry hon, I'm just not interested in this RP anymore : / I was really hoping it would be a bit more active but waiting for so long has dulled my anticipation and ideas linked to it, ]

Mageling

Penpal

Old 05-20-2014, 09:23 PM

[No problem, it's my fault, I wasn't paying as much attention to it as I should have. Let me know if there's anything else I can do for you.]