Dragoncookie
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-02-2012, 02:50 PM

Anyone here like PMMM?
It's my favourite anime... >u< I loved how it seemed adorable, and had a cute art style, but was so dark! Not everyday you get to see a dark-themed magical girl anime, that pretends to have pink sparkly scepters and magical jewels and lovable pets, but then it all gets really dark.
My favourite character is Kyoko, but I like Mami too. And Sayaka... and Homura... and Madoka!! >-< I like them all! Even Kyubey, because QB is too cute not to like.
Okay, so would anyone still contract after watching the show? What would your wish be? I would, I'd ask that everyone dear to me would live for a long time, happily, either that or if something urgent, like imminent death, came up.

So... contract? /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Quilleria
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-01-2012, 12:39 AM

I loved PMMM, it was actually this show that got me into the whole 'magical girls' thing. My favorite character is Sayaka, I love her character design and her personality!

Last edited by Seridano; 01-02-2014 at 08:43 PM..

DaisyKeehl
Inactive menace

Old 11-07-2012, 12:09 AM

I loved PMMM. My friend even cosplayed Madoka this past summer at a huge con.

I really love the series and yes, it is hard to find cute magical girl anime XD Especially the dark ones.

Shizuku-chan
ヽ(*≧ω≦)&...

Old 11-08-2012, 04:06 PM

I really love this show for its cute exterior and such... dark atmosphere once you get deep into it.
It's a pity that I didn't chase it while it's still airing though. The suspense would've made it much better.

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 11-09-2012, 07:32 PM

I love it! Kyubey and Mami are my favorites, they're just too adorable.
I literally cried about Mami...not going to spoil it I swear I wont!

If I made a contract.... I don't know what I would wish for.... knowing me it would probably be something to help someone I loved.

MiraiHaredu

Old 12-25-2012, 10:17 AM

I love PMMM that anime shows that magical girls are not just about being cute or happy but also being tragic and sacrificial

HappyStarr
(^._.^)ノ

Old 02-03-2013, 02:56 PM

I...actually haven't seen this yet. But it's been recommended to me over and over so I guess especially after seeing some of the comments about it here I'll have to check it out? Because that sounds like it fits my personality to a T.

Last edited by jellysundae; 04-17-2013 at 04:41 AM..

monsteryrawr
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-04-2013, 03:16 PM

I was a bit skeptical about PMMM, but I gave it a try and it was good! If I show it to my boyfriend he would probably roll his eyes at the animation and how 'girly' it is. To be honest I wasn't a fan of the art at first, but dang! That anime was great! I got kinda obsessed with the soundtracks of PMMM for awhile after that, and one of the guy that I'm subscribed at on youtube keeps posting PMMM song for a while. I was the happiest fan His cover was the reason I gave PMMM the try to be honest XD

Fox Demon Areiku
(-.-)zzZ

Old 05-12-2013, 10:17 AM

I just started watching yesterday, an I am enjoying it so far. Momoka seems very one-dimensional at this point, but that, I am hoping, is the result of just focusing on expounding upon the logic of the world.

NiGhTCoRe

Old 05-24-2013, 08:04 PM

I think Puella Magi Madoka Magika was one of the best anime I have ever watched... Especially the final episode... I was crying so much... But awkwardly my mother came in and saw me crying -.-'' Geez I should have locked!! The next day my eyes were red because of crying e.e My favorite character is Homura... I just loved the way she kept going to the past again and again to prevent and save Madoka from being a Magical Girl... And the ending. Ah, the ending. "Don't forget. Always, somewhere, someone is fighting for you. As long as you remember her, you are not alone." Also what Madoka said: "If someone tells me that it's wrong to hope, I'll tell them they're wrong every time." I simply just love this anime.

Kisshu
Pretty in Pink

Old 05-29-2013, 02:32 AM

I love this anime! I haven't finished it yet (so I am not reading other posts on here in case of spoilers). I am excited to see how it plays out though. It's so cute yet so serious. I feel like there are some really deep undertones in it. :D

Screaming Mime
Full-time internet homo
Penpal

Old 07-05-2013, 12:51 AM

I liked the art in the anime. They were all just so dang cute omg.

ClockworkKanella

Old 07-07-2013, 07:35 AM

Puella Magi Madoka Magica, I think you mean:
"LET'S TAKE ALL YOUR FEELINGS AND STICK THEM IN A BLENDER SO YOU END UP CRYING LIKE A BABY"

Bire
(-.-)zzZ

Old 08-06-2013, 09:01 PM

Oh man, this anime was awesome! At first I thought it would be a girly and cheesy like Sailor Moon, sorry, but it was actually really dark! I found the setting art beautiful and the plot unique. I will never think the same again of cute little animals. Mami was my favorite. If Kyubey asked me to make a contract, I would decline.

scholar
yes, really

Old 10-14-2013, 11:09 PM

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ <-- That's awfully disturbing now.

I loved it, will probably watch it again once, but not for a little while. It's just too disturbing. I also find it upsetting from a feminist perspective—once more the girl has to sacrifice herself and her individual agency for the sake of saving the world. Sigh.

SonicGamer
Dragon in disguise

Old 10-26-2013, 06:36 PM

I like magical girl shows, so as soon as I found it, I watched the whole thing. I love it! It's so cute, yet dark and a little depressing. It reminds me of Princess Tutu. Potential spoilers ahead...

SPOILERX

But sometimes I wonder what it would be like if it was more like the typical magical girl anime. What would stay? What would go? Would there still be a contract? What would the witches look like? Would Sayaka still turn to a witch? Would Homura behave like in episode one, or the beginning of episode ten? What about Mami? Would she survive through the show's run? Or... not? What about Madoka? What would have happened to her in the end?
So many questions...

Last edited by SonicGamer; 10-26-2013 at 06:59 PM..

Exaggerated Rebellion
The Best Bounced Check

Old 10-26-2013, 11:21 PM

I kind it kind of funny when people go on about how dark Madoka Magica is, considering a lot of what happens isn't too different from usual magical girls shows (though normal magical girls shows are usually a little less graphic.) The main difference that it's condensed down to relatively few episodes compared to something like Sailor Moon.

Still, it's a wonderful show nonetheless. :3

I don't know if I'd make a contract if it were in the real world. I mean, I'm not in great need of anything, and it's an extremely high price to pay. Plus, I'd probably become a witch in three seconds flat because I'm prone to depressive episodes. >_>