Seiki Nova
Wishing on Shooting Stars

Old 05-27-2012, 06:27 PM

I actually feel pretty tired. I would love a nap before work but I'm constantly scared of sleeping in and being late. Even though I went to bed early last night, I was woken up early this morning and I don't think I slept enough.

Keyori
Stalked by BellyButton

Old 05-27-2012, 06:28 PM

Cherry can I just write my name on my finger for the proof photos? I don't want to carry paper with me xD

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 05-27-2012, 06:35 PM

Keyori - Perfect, thank you! :rofl:

As long as it's legible, it doesn't matter what you write it on. :yes:

Seiki - Can you set a really loud alarm so you'll be sure to wake up? Or have a friend call you or wake you up?

Seiki Nova

Old 05-27-2012, 07:01 PM

Lets just say it's better that I don't take a nap haha.

Hi Key! I'm jealous that you're going to a strawberry festival. I love strawberries. It's too hot to grow them here. Or rather they just turn out really small >>

And that's more Japanese than I could muster in my entire life haha.

Keyori
Stalked by BellyButton

Old 05-27-2012, 07:06 PM

SEIKI. You should make PM happen again. Because it was fun. And awesome.

I wish I could send you strawberries D:

Seiki Nova

Old 05-27-2012, 07:10 PM

I'm working on it, I promise! I want to say that I'll have a new thread up in June sometime with a mule account and stuff. I'm going to try and come online in my spare time to try and kick up some followers so that I can get enough people to participate so if you wanted to help spread the word that it'll be back in June for sure, that would be great!

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 05-27-2012, 07:57 PM

I'm not in AC much these days, so be sure to ping me if you're able to bring it back! I'd love to apply to be a judge again. :)

Seiki Nova

Old 05-27-2012, 08:01 PM

Will do. I'll keep you all informed.

---------- Post added 05-27-2012 at 01:27 PM ----------

Gotta go get ready for work, but it was great talking to you guys again. Enjoy the event!~

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 05-28-2012, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiki Nova View Post
I don't know if I could ever be a teacher. Maybe when I got old enough and retired I wouldn't mind being like a college professor or something, but at the same time I don't want to be the has-been that's stuck working as a teacher later on in life like the majority of my film professors. I'm glad you're having fun doing it though. It's not for everyone, especially if you're moving to a foreign country to do so. And five years seems like a really long time in the short-term perspective. Five years from now I'll be 27 and hopefully living in New York as an editor or at the very least working for a publishing house trying to climb my way up to an editor position. And probably working in a coffee shop part-time so I can pay my bills haha.

Like I was saying in my thread, I have too much stuff planned not to work and go to school at the same time. I'm going to England in a year and a half for my study abroad, and I need to have my car paid off before then and enough money saved so that I can afford to live there comfortably for five months. I want to be able to travel on my weekends, even if it's just for day trips so I can see some of Europe and get my passport stamped a bunch of times!

But I like the challenge of working and going to school as well. It keeps me on my toes so I make sure to get everything done and not waste my time like I'm prone to doing.

And to answer your question, I'm a double major in English Lit/Film and Media Studies. I'm hoping to be an editor and I just thought that film would be a good background to have when considering book proposals since a lot of the film industry is influenced by books these days. And the two majors fit so well together it's like I'm not even doing any extra work for them.
Oh wow! You have a much better work ethic than I do. I get burnt out if I have too much on my plate for too long.

Plus, I don't have any lofty goals like that. XD I'm content staying in a fairly low-level job as long as I feel like I'm accomplishing something and I make enough money to live. Ideally I'd like to settle down and raise a family, and in that case having a high-pace career would probably cause me stress. I don't have any solid plans, but I'll be 26 when my 5 years are up, so I figure I will still be young enough to change my mind and pursue something if I find something else that I'm passionate about.

That's great that you'll get a chance to travel abroad! It's one of the best things I've done. I've met so many awesome people which helps broaden my world view. Why did you choose England? Learning a second language is one of my life goals, which is part of why I'm planning to stay in Japan for at least 5 years. My conversation skills aren't up to the level I want to be at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiki Nova View Post
I wanted to go to Japan when I was younger and into that whole thing and then I kind of outgrew it. Not that I wouldn't still love to go to Japan just to experience the culture first hand, but I wouldn't want to live there.
You mean anime and Japanese pop culture? I admit I had an interest in that when I first started learning Japanese, but now I couldn't care less. Which is actually pretty bad since I never know about the celebrities/pop icons/anime characters my friends know about. :gonk: Plus I'd probably improve my reading and listening skills if I read manga and watched anime all the time. Alas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry Who? View Post
I'd love to visit Japan someday, but I'd definitely need someone familiar with the language and culture to act as a sort of guide for me. Who knows, maybe Ferra will still be there and I can bug her to help me around. :poke: :lol:
Totally! I would be happy to be a guide. :) My Japanese still sucks, but it's decent enough to get around.