Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 01-03-2017, 04:54 PM

Going to try to post in here more this year!

You may post along with me :)

Last edited by Maria-Minamino; 01-03-2017 at 05:04 PM..

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 01-03-2017, 05:04 PM

January 1, 2017

Last night was crazy. Normally, on New Year's Eve, I stay at home and go to bed early. I'm not a party girl. I don't like big crowds in small spaces; it makes me anxious. But my Husband's parents own a catering business and they were working a high-end party last night and needed servers. So my Husband, Sister-in-Law, Sister-in-Law's Fiance, and I worked the party for them. I made $350! I'm pretty excited because that money is going to help me next weekened when I go to the annual Music Educators conference! That will be hotel and purchase money! I'm super excited!

At the end of the night when we were cleaning up and the guests were leaving, this lady came over to me and whispered, "I don't want you to get in trouble, but I thought you were FANTASTIC! Can I have your number and can I call you to serve at my private parties?" HAHA That was my first time serving! I mean, I've worked fast food, but never a high end party. Never serving actual, GOOD food. Of course I gave her my number! Extra cash every now and then might be nice!

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 01-03-2017, 05:18 PM

January 2, 2017

Favorite Avatar from 2016? I really don't know. I don't have too many of them saved to be perfectly honest with you!!!

I did this one based on a character from a book series that I adore:

The character's name is Feyre from the Court of Thorns and Roses series by Sarah J. Maas. I LOVE Maas's books!!

I also did this demon avatar that I enjoy as well:

I really like the layering with this one!

Last one:

This is my Winter Queen. I played around with the wig and hair for this one and I enjoy it immensely! I also really like the background and floor layering.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 01-03-2017, 05:23 PM

January 3, 2017

My Favorite Memory from 2016. This one is EASY! Hands down, my favorite memory of 2016 is getting married to my husband! We had spend the previous year getting it ready. My husband was wonderful. He let me have the wedding outside with beautiful oak trees, which was my dream wedding! BUT, the venue didn't have an inside back-up. Everything was OUTSIDE. And 3 days before the wedding, we found out there was a tropical system rolling in that would cause it to pour and storm the entirety of our outside, night wedding.

Luckily, the storm wasn't going to be coming until about 2:30 in the afternoon. By some miracle, EVERY vendor let us move the wedding from 5 P.M. to 9 A.M. in the morning!! It went off without a hitch!

Then at the reception, I found out that my Husband, Maid of Honor, and Mom had conspired with everyone we know to get us on my DREAM honeymoon to Ireland!!! We spent one night in Paris, France and then spent 10 days traveling around Ireland!!! It was AMAZING!

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 01-05-2017, 12:12 AM

January 4, 2017

Woke up to find that in the bathroom this morning :) My husband is so sweet! The inside of the card read: "Today, I decided to reinforce the point with a card!" and then my hubby hand wrote: "Just want to remind you: I love you!"

It's the little things that make me so happy!!!

I got together with my friend, Squee-chan today. She hemmed a new pair of pants for me. I'm only 5 feet in real life, so every pair of pants I purchase is incredibly too long unless they are of the skinny variety. I needed a new pair of black pants for work. I have one go-to pair of black pants for my teaching career, but they are so old, they are falling apart! A few months ago, I found a nice pair of black work pants on sale and bought them, but they were 5 inches too long! My friend Squee-chan ALWAYS hems my stuff for me :P I just kept forgetting to bring them when we would get together.

So today, I bribed her. I bought her Thai food for lunch (her favorite) and she hemmed my pants for me! Which is wonderful because school starts back up on Monday AND I am going to be at the annual Music Teacher Convention next Thursday through Saturday. So I really needed a GOOD pair of black work pants...not a pair that is clearly falling apart. (Not just falling apart...but they are so worn! The part in front on my thighs - I always rest my hands there or wipe chalk off my hands there...so they are permanently LIGHTER than the rest of the pant! LOL).

After that, I came home and watched a bit of TV and played with my cats! I love my cats! We got them at the end of June. We went to the Vet, who had rescue cats, with the intention of getting one. We walked in, and they said, "It's buy one, get one today!" My husband replied to them saying, "You did NOT just tell her that!" So of course we ended up taking two! They are brothers and they were the last of the rescued litter. We couldn't separate them! They are named Dublin (who is white and red) and Kinsale (who is grey and red). They are about 8.5 months old now but they are the size of a full grown cat!!!

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 01-05-2017, 12:51 AM

I couldn't be happier for you, my sweet friend

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 01-05-2017, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummy View Post

I couldn't be happier for you, my sweet friend
Awww, thank you hummy!!!

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 02-19-2017, 08:32 PM

February 19, 2017

So life has been a little crazy. It's the part of the school year where the students are starting to go crazy. The 6th graders are done because they're ready for middle school. The little kids are done because it's just a long school year. We don't have spring break until APRIL. So we are in the long-haul right now. Especially with testing starting in March.

The flu has been going around my area and it hit me hard. I was out for 3 days thanks to it. The doctor gave me a note to be out until the 20th of February...but there was no way in hell I could take off that many days of school. So, even though I'm not 100 percent better, I've been going into work anyway. Oh well. Such is the life of a music teacher.

Last year, at my old school, they kept teasing me about getting new carpet. They'd come to be and say, "You have to clear your room out over winter break/spring break/first week of April/etc." So, like a good girl, I'd literally clear EVERYTHING out only to be told, "THey are behind schedule and they couldn't do it." They FINALLY re-did the carpet over the summer...just in time for me to LEAVE and go to a new school.

I got to my new school and the carpet is....dun dun dun...DISGUSTING. Seriously...there is a patch in the middle of the carpet where they literally CUT a piece out then put another piece in. But the new piece doesn't MATCH the other carpet....it's a different pattern. And since it's just a random strip of carpet...it is shredding and shedding and the kids pick at it and it looks like a grassy patch in the middle of my room. There are parts where there are bubbles in the floor where the carpet is bubbling up and not glued to the floor. It's dirty and we have ANTS everywhere in the damn room.

I was teaching on Thursday and some people came in and announced they were replacing my carpet over the summer and I would need to find a place for all the stuff I had in the room. As much as it sucks that this will literally be the 5th time I will be removing EVERYTHING from a classroom because they are going to be replacing the carpet, I am super excited because this floor is nasty.

Now...if I could convince my new Principal to let me paint the walls something other than butt-ugly beige...the room might have potential!

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 05-29-2017, 10:34 PM

May 29, 2017

It's been a busy year so far! On May 12th, my husband and I closed on our first house together!!! We are so excited that we are now homeowners of a beautiful home! It's only 2 years old. The inspectors told us we were basically getting a "brand new house" that someone happened to live in for 2 years. They said everything was perfect but suggested changing the mulch to rocks in order to prevent termites later. That was literally it! haha

School is out for the summer. The last day for students was May 24th and the last day for teachers was May 25th. I can say, with certainty, that this was the MOST exhausting school year of my career. I think it stems from the fact that we have 970 kids at my school (projected to have over 1000 next school year). I see ALL of them. And they constantly can't find subs for teachers so I'm constantly getting between 30-40 kids in my room at the same time. It's really frustrating and exhausting. I can see why they haven't been able to keep a music teacher at the school. It's just too much.

My sister-in-law got married this weekend. She had a beautiful weekend at a gorgeous hotel in Fort Lauderdale. I was a bridesmaid in her wedding and felt so special being included! :) She is a wonderful sister and I'm glad that I know her! Her parents (also my husband's parents) paid for our hotel room as our first anniversary gift. And her parents paid for my hair and makeup as my birthday present :D It was nice...because we don't have too much money to spare at the moment.

My birthday is this Wednesday...I'm going to be 28 and I just feel so damn OLD. When did birthdays stop being something I looked forward to?

And my first anniversary with my husband is June 2nd :) Going to have a good week!

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 05-29-2017, 11:03 PM

Congratulations to the both of you all my love and prayers and support for a happy healthy wonderful life together in your beautiful new home.����

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 05-30-2017, 12:42 AM

Thank you Hummy! We are super excited! And I'm just a bit nervous - a house is so much money! D:

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 05-30-2017, 01:24 AM

And a lot of work and upkeep make sure to keep your warranty Insurance current and make sure that it's a reputable company

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 05-30-2017, 11:37 AM

We actually are using the insurance rep and company that does hubby's parent's house. :) They've used him for like 20 years apparently and love him so we had no problem using him too :)

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 12-23-2017, 01:43 PM

So the past month of so has been incredibly tough. A few days after Thanksgiving, my parents stopped by at like 7 at night on a weeknight. That literally has never happened...ever. And my husband was home early that day. He is a music teacher like me but he always stays at work until about 8 or 9 at night. Busy bee.

Anyway - I knew something was wrong. I thought, perhaps, my 92 year old Grandma had passed. I wouldn't be surprised in that case. But my parents told me the police had been to their house and explained that my BROTHER had been found dead in the woods in Orlando.

My brother...who is 4 weeks older than me. (We are both adopted from different families). My brother...who was a creative, smart, intelligent child who grew up into the wrong crowd and got addicted to drugs. My brother...who we tried to help time and time again...his friends tried to get him help...his birth parents also tried to get him help. My brother...who didn't want help...who preferred to be high.

He had a habit of disappearing for months at a time. So when they told us he had been in the woods between 2-4 weeks before being found...that made sense...since the last any of my family had heard from him was the end of October.

He was a great person when he was sober. and I had always held my breath, my hope that he would become sober and meet the potential he always had. But he won't get that chance. He will never get that chance.

In addition, a former student of mine (I taught him 3 years)...last week he was hit and killed by a truck. He and his brother were playing in the street and he saved his brother and got hit. He passed away later that night.

I don't know what the universe plans. But...sometimes it's hard to believe in...ANYTHING...when you lose the people close to you and when you lose innocent children from this world.

It's going to be hard and painful for a while.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 12-27-2017, 09:07 PM

Last night I had some left over pasta for dinner. We had made the pasta with veggies on the 23rd of December - so not too long ago. It's a recipe we do a lot - pasta with cooked onion, bell pepper, tomato, and Parmesan cheese. As soon as I ate it, my stomach started to hurt. It calmed down by the time I went to bed and I thought all was well.

But I woke up about 2 in the morning feeling like I needed to throw up. Over the next 4 hours, I threw up 3 times. Woke up my husband to tell him I was sick. He blinked at me, told me, "Drink some water" and fell back asleep LOL

I finally went to bed about 6....think I got it all out (EW). And when I woke up he asked, "Did I dream you told me you were sick or was that real?" I said, "Oh, it was really" and he said, "OOPS" LOL

Anyway - stomach is still wonky but so far I've kept down the food I've eaten today. Won't be having any more of that pasta though...

This is the first time I've thrown up in over 15 years. I haven't thrown up since my Grandma gave me food poisoning when I was 13 when she gave me chocolates with peanut butter in them on Easter. I hate peanut butter and wouldn't have accepted it had I known there was peanut butter in them. Once I bit into it, I realized there was peanut butter and finished it anyway to be polite.

I was the ONLY one to eat that at Easter that year. And when I was puking all night my mom called my Grandma and asked how old the chocolates were...Grandma told her, "Oh, not that old. ONly about 8 years or so" UGGGGGHHHHHHHHH RANCID PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATES.

I just don't throw up LOL only when I get food poisoning apparently :(