xXastraXx
If you come here... You'll find ...

Old 04-08-2011, 07:11 PM

I don't really have any plans yet to open up an art shop on this site, I'm kinda still up in the air about it. I made an account on this site years ago, and then just kinda went back to it recently out of spontaneity, so obviously, everything's confusing and I'm just testing the waters of this site.

Still, it's nice to meet everyone. I hope to make some friends and find some motivation to stick around. ^^
I do have a gaia account, but gaiaonline has been going downhill rapidly in terms of user friendliness, moderation, and money. Everything on there is about money, and it's practically impossible to buy items with gold unless you're an artist and can draw for gold.... I don't know if the situation on this site is similar or not, but I do know that the currency on this site is very different than gaia gold at least.

So I'd like some pricing help if it wouldn't be too much trouble. >w<

samples

we'll go from older ones to newer ones, 'kay? (I'm not sure how many to post ^^;)

out of all my samples, this one is the oldest. I myself am not a crazy yaoi fan, but I drew this for someone on gaia who was.

another older sample. I've gotten better at coloring since then, but I like the Kpop group Shinee.... So of course it'd be a sample XD

I messed up royallly on the folds in the clothes on this one, i've since improved on such, however, I adore the hair here.

another piece of gaia art. the rain makes it hard to see, but a lot of detail was actually put into this picture. The folds were very intricately done, and the musical aura is actually the song of storms from the legend of zelda.

this one doesn't have nearly enough contrast. I was experimenting with a new coloring style. Still the concept of the picture itself- a wonderland style tea party- is one I like- thus this picture still presents a good representation of how I draw.

The cards in the background are actually other pictures I've drawn and edited into this one.... shameless advertising?

I loved SO4. And I was so sad about Faize.... So I drew him and Lymle. The picture is half traditional-done in copics markers- and half digital, done in adobe photoshop cs4 and paint tool sai.

-------------------------------

I hope that's enough samples to get a good pricing.... I can provide more if needed.....

----------

bump

----------

bump

xXastraXx

Old 04-09-2011, 05:45 PM

o-o i suppose that simply means it's not worth buying then.... okies.... or do i not have enough samples o-o

Last edited by xXastraXx; 04-09-2011 at 07:32 PM..

Alexagirlie
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-09-2011, 07:13 PM

no no this forum is just really slow :] i was here like 2 days ago and you weren't so you haven't been here long (also a side note but bumping isn't allowed on mene, just fyi, since i saw that you did. the forums aren't as fast here and bumping is considered spamming= could get you in trouble)

now onto some pricing!
you put a lot of work into backgrounds and such, which is something not a lot of people on mene do, so you can probably charge a bit more for that. SO
lets say for a single fullbody with NO background - around 400
single fullbody with a simple background (like the one with just the clouds) - 450g
single fullbody with a more complex background (such as the wonderland one) - hmm around 550-600g sounds about right
then i think for each additional character should be another 400g
and lets say for a waist up single character...
w/o background - 250g
w/ simple bg - 350g
w/ complex bg - 450g

----------

oh and if your interested I'm holding an art contest :] link is in my siggy
feel free to enter , the current prize is 1k
i have no entries so far so i am major pimping it right no XD

xXastraXx

Old 04-09-2011, 07:33 PM

well. i might open a shop. i might not. i don't really have any plans to. but it's good to have an idea what i should charge for if i do...

as for your contest, i could try....

Anaxilea
Slacker Queen
Send a message via AIM to Anaxilea Send a message via MSN to Anaxilea Send a message via Yahoo to Anaxilea

Old 04-18-2011, 05:32 PM

Wow, those samples are pretty diverse! I love your backgrounds. May I ask what program you color with? You might want to progress towards painting on shines with airbrushes instead of straight. ^^

There's something very unique about your style, and that works well for you on social sites like Mene or Gaia. I would pay around 400g for a full-body with no background, and up to 800g with one!

xXastraXx

Old 04-20-2011, 01:05 AM

Well, I use many many different art programs. Sometimes photoshop CS4, paint tool SAI, sometimes I switch between them.... Sometimes I also draw a picture traditionally and only do a little bit of fixing up or make a background digitally- like I did with the last picture. I also use a program called Manga Studio EX 4.0. ^^