vampyface69
⊙ω⊙
n/a

Old 04-23-2007, 09:42 AM

woohoo isn't it BRILLIANT!!
i luuuuuuuuv this film
it was sooo gd but i didn't like the 2nd as it kinda contradicted the 1st
she was supposed 2 b wiv john smith but in the end chose another guy wiv john 4 his name as well!! i soooooooooooo did not like that!!!
so i now think the 2nd film doesn't count!!!

POCAHUNTAS ROX!!!!!!!!!

happyberry
Dead Account Holder
n/a

Old 04-23-2007, 10:43 PM

Yea, I was kind of disapointed when I first saw the ending of the second one, too. But it was kind of nice in a way because it was a more realistic decision then most disney films. Also, I found out later that in real life she really did marry John Rolph. She was only 13 when she saved John Smith. Actually, she died on the ship back to America while carrying her first childTT_TT. Which is a little depressing, lol. But I just love her hair in that movie!!

vampyface69
⊙ω⊙
n/a

Old 04-23-2007, 10:45 PM

OMG i knew it was based on true events but didn't know that, it is quite depressin isn't it!
i luuuuuv her!!!

sars
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via Yahoo to sars

Old 04-23-2007, 11:04 PM

It was ok.
It defientley wasn't my favorite Disney movie... Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast are.
Buuut it was ok. Miko was pretty cute (that WAS the raccoons name, right?)
I dunno. some of the animation was really pretty, but I just found it to be kinda... blah.
Like a big overdrawn Barbie doll add, really.
And I never watch straight-to-dvd sequals of Disney movies.
I made that policy after seeing Lion King 1 1/2. PIECE OF CRAP!!

firedragongt
*^_^*

Old 04-23-2007, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sars
And I never watch straight-to-dvd sequals of Disney movies.
I made that policy after seeing Lion King 1 1/2. PIECE OF CRAP!!
I liked Lion King 1 1/2 more then I liked Lion King 2. at least 1 1/2 didn't have the issue of "is that incest?!?" that 1 and 2 did. (who the heck is Nala's father? Scar? Mufassa? there ARE no other males around to be her dad..)

as for Pocahuntas, I never really saw most of it, but from what I understand, it was horribly inaccurate. thats a big part of why I didn't see it. the other part is that most of Disney's girl movies tend to suck in my opinion.

happyberry
Dead Account Holder
n/a

Old 04-23-2007, 11:23 PM

omg!! I just realized that about lion king 2!! because, simba is nala's dad, and scar is that guy's dad, and scar was simba's uncle, so...they're like 2nd cousins!! that is so weird! oh well, I still liked both movies, but seriously

firedragongt
*^_^*

Old 04-23-2007, 11:24 PM

and if Mufassa is Nala's dad, then Simba married his half sister. if Scar is Nala's dad (even though she doesn't look like him), then Simba married his cousin. either way, their inbreed kid married a family member.

.n.e.r.d.y.
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via MSN to .n.e.r.d.y.

Old 04-23-2007, 11:51 PM

That happens with animals though, they imbreed. I think a lot of people have come to expect it. Maybe Nala's dad had passed away, but who knows.

vampyface69
⊙ω⊙
n/a

Old 04-24-2007, 05:12 PM

get bk 2 the subject ppl POCAHONTUAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol x x x

Jedi Master
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-25-2007, 04:31 AM

MEH, I think its stupid...cause the REAL Pocahontas was a 14 year old little chubby indian girl who never really interacted with John Smith!

SO yeah, I think its stupid that Disney took THAT, aged her a few years, made her into a model, and gave her big boobs!

But other than that, I LOVE the music in that movie!

vampyface69
⊙ω⊙
n/a

Old 04-25-2007, 10:58 AM

OMG don't get me started on the music!!
I LUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUV IT
the minute i read the previous msg i started singing 'just around the river end' in my head!!
i prefer 'colours of the wind' tho!!
awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i'm going 2 listen the music in a min cos its awesome!!!!!

Ling
The Daydreamer
Penpal

Old 04-25-2007, 12:28 PM

I liked Pochahontas, even though it wasn't as good as other Disney films. I like the racoon, so cute.

Also the music is not too bad either.

Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Melody Send a message via MSN to Melody

Old 04-25-2007, 08:15 PM

I just watched the movie with my daughter today. she loves Flitt. (hummingbird)
however, its not even based on the true story. First off she wasnt that pretty, like at all. In the movie she looks like some awesome native american model. omgsogorgeous but yeah she wasnt that pretty. If im not mistaken she did to back with john smith and died on the crossing.
but anyway. for little kids this was a nice story. it has some pretty colors. and that always helps and makes you think "Disney"
I dont think i really have a favortie character though. Perhaps grandmother willow. but i wasnt too fond of her voice. XP anyway. its a cute movie and i own it but its still just eh for me because its sooooo incredibly historically inaccurate.

vampyface69
⊙ω⊙
n/a

Old 04-28-2007, 02:52 PM

for those of you which wish to find out more about the REAL Pocahontas clcik on teh following URL and you'll find out loads, i did:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pocahontas

memarcus
*^_^*

Old 10-12-2007, 11:02 AM

my father is obsessed with this movie. it drives me absolutely insane. he's so obsessed he calls me pocahontas, which drives me nuts because i don't think i look or resemble her at all.

CandyStripes
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-13-2007, 10:53 AM

Always loved Pocahontas.. ^^;
But only the first one. I didn't like the second one.

Shrimp_Man
ʘ‿ʘ
Send a message via MSN to Shrimp_Man Send a message via Yahoo to Shrimp_Man

Old 10-13-2007, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyberry
Yea, I was kind of disapointed when I first saw the ending of the second one, too. But it was kind of nice in a way because it was a more realistic decision then most disney films. Also, I found out later that in real life she really did marry John Rolph. She was only 13 when she saved John Smith. Actually, she died on the ship back to America while carrying her first childTT_TT. Which is a little depressing, lol. But I just love her hair in that movie!!
She died of smallpox while in England, and she had already had her first child when she died. The character Thomas in the movie Pocahontas is actually named after her son.

Edit: Even with the historical inaccuracies, I love the movie and the songs get stuck in my head so easily. Especially those songs that I had to learn for choir class.

elishaxk
⊙ω⊙
Banned

Old 10-13-2007, 11:55 AM

huh?

Machika
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-14-2007, 12:11 AM

I loved that movie. As a child I had a doll of her, with the raccoon that spun her hair with his arms. I loved that doll. Not sure what happened to it though. XD

Not sure a disney movie, even if based off actual events, could be as "dreary" as the real events. :P

charis_mae
Dead Account Holder

Old 10-14-2007, 03:19 AM

I loved one song in the sequel (don't remember what the title is, but the chorus goes "but where do I go from here? So many voices ringing in my ear; which is the voice that I was meant to hear?") but, overall, I didn't like it as much as the original. The original was awesome, even if it wasn't based on true events at all.

Then again, my favorite series of video games totally butchers early 20th history. So I guess I'm just very tolerant of historical inaccuracy, as long as the story's entertaining.

Takuto
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Takuto Send a message via MSN to Takuto

Old 10-14-2007, 06:49 PM

(when I was a kid I was disappointed that she didn't mary John Smith!)

The story is great but it's not realistic! Wasn't Pochahontas a kid and John Smith thought that she liked him, but really she was just showing him her culture? It's was really confusing! But the songs and the structure was amazing! (I miss her Racoon!)

RoyalSquishy
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-14-2007, 10:40 PM

I really like the first Pocahontas better than the second one. I agree with how the second one contradicts the first one because she married John Rolf!

I am definitely a John Smith and Pocahontas fans.

I love the graphics in Pocahontas and how it is actually based on history, which is interesting.

Also, I fell in love with the songs "Colors of the Wind" and "Just Around the Riverbend". I practically memorized the lyrics to the actual "Colors of the Wind" songs.

Disney makes some of the best movies and has some of the greatest songs EVAH!! <3