NekoLen
Tachigami's Personal Slave

Penpal

Old 06-26-2014, 01:06 AM

Cedric listened to Iago talk, amazed at how experienced the was. He must have been doing this job for awhile. Cedric was so happy to be taught by someone who knew what he was talking about. He wondered if they would get to know each other a little bit more. He was curious about the ring around Iago's finger. He wasn't told the man was married.

"Maybe you could show me our office? I mean... If we have one," Cedric said, smiling nervously. "I need somewhere to put my notes."

He followed the man once they left the small room, paying attention so he didn't get lost. He watched Iago as they walked, thinking about what was said to him before he had moved to the city.

"A bit of a grump, but I am sure he'll warm up to you," Oliver Anders had told Cedric the day before. His father had been Cedric's boss for years, and it was sad to move on. "I heard he is one of the best in the business. You'll learn a lot from him.

"We will miss ya, Ced. You did a lot for the service here. But this is what you need. A promotion to detective and a new scene to work on. Get out of this little town, move on with your life. Maybe even get over your fear of blood." Oliver patted Cedric's back and gave him a fatherly smile. "You'll do me proud, son, I know you will."

Cedric snapped out of the memory, blinking tears from his eyes. It had been hard to move away from his parents. He hadn't lived alone before, and had to call his mum in order to get to sleep. He knew others would think it was pathetic, but he was a real momma's boy.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.
Send a message via AIM to Tachigami

Old 06-30-2014, 11:55 PM

Iago stood swiftly, shaking his leg before starting off. He was sure he saw Cedric's gaze linger on his hand, and he brought it up, rubbing the ring he still wore even though just the feel of it brought back impossibly painful memories. Maybe he was just a mental masochist. He didn't dwell on reasons, so he dropped his hand to his side and glanced back at Cedric. A young guy, but undoubtedly good at his job. Thorough. The right amount of compassionate where necessary while being removed enough not to get too involved. But age didn't matter here. Experience was good, but one didn't have to be fifty years old to have 'seen it all'. Cedric probably saw a good amount, even with his fear---or phobia---of blood.

He led Cedric into an open area with six desks, three of which were occupied. "Other detectives work here. Normally six working independently, unless it's a big case. Here, we're in here." He stepped around to the side of the room and pulled a door open that, for the time being, just had his name painted on. Soon enough Cedric's would be stenciled on underneath. In the room two desks sat facing one another in the center of the room, two independent chairs facing each, and two black bookcases pushed up against the wall behind the desks. "You're on the right, make yourself at home." He nudged Cedric inside. "I'll be out here whenever you're ready."

Closing the door, he turned and stopped short when he saw a familiar, sour face standing near the door. Short brown hair pushed forward and a blue officer's uniform on a lithe, but sturdy body. "Well." Iago pocketed his hands innocently and laughed. "Blue isn't really your color, Kind. Might ask for brown next time---it'll match your shitty personality."

The detectives nearby fought to stifle giggles, earning withering glares from Todd Kind. "Fuck off." He unbuttoned the blue shirt, showing the red one underneath, and threw it onto his desk. "Who's that?" He nodded to the closed door, which was half glass. "New fuck-buddy?" The comment was sneered, and now the rest of the room was completely silent.

Iago growled, narrowing his eyes and clenching a hand threateningly. "You already earned a dislocated jaw, Kind. Wanna go for a few fewer teeth?" Apparently the threat was taken seriously, because Kind turned away and mumbled something about paperwork as he started his computer.

NekoLen
Tachigami's Personal Slave

Penpal

Old 07-10-2014, 12:17 AM

Cedric put away his notes in his desk, and looked about the room. His office. His own office. Well, he shared it with Iago, but he wouldn't complained. Even though the man seemed like a grump, Cedric was sure he had his own reasons. He heard talking and looked up, seeing his new partner talking to another man. He was dressed like a regular cop, but he had the expression of someone that didn't belong in that shade of blue.

He left the office and smiled, offering his hand in a friendly gesture. "Hello, my name is Cedric Anders... I'm new here, just started today." The other man sneered, but shook his hand.

"Charmed, I'm sure. The name is Todd Kind. I'm a senior detective. Been here even longer than... Iago here." Cedric wondered if he imagined the look of pure hatred that Iago gave Detective Kind. "Look, kid. If you find Iago here is too much of an old stale bit of toast, you are welcome to suggest working for me. I could show you how a real man does things around here."

"Um... OK. Thank you, I guess... But I like Detective Brennan... Um... I mean... I'm happy with this arrangement..." Cedric blushed and looked at his fingers. These two obviously hated each other. Cedric didn't want to get between any feuds.

"Sure thing... Cedric. See ya around..." Detective Kind waltzed away after muttering something that sounded suspiciously like 'faggot' under his breath. Cedric watched him go and then turned to Iago with a questioning look.

"What was that a-" he was about to ask when he was interrupted by a woman. She seemed slightly out of breath.

"Detective Brennan... The Aunt is here... She said she can talk with you and Detective Anders..." she panted.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.
Send a message via AIM to Tachigami

Old 07-15-2014, 12:33 AM

Iago was ready to jump Kind, sling his face into the nearest hard object, but he was saved from causing himself even more internal investigation by Tuelle. "Oh? That didn't take long. Where'd you put them?"

"They're in the break room. I figured a... nicer place... might help them both calm down."

Iago nodded and gestured to Cedric. "C'mon, it's not far off here." He nodded to Tuelle, who ducked out of the room and hurried off elsewhere. He held the door open for Cedric to go first and cast a smoldering glare at Kind, who narrowed his own eyes and glared back at the computer in front of him. Once they were in the hall, he looked at Cedric.

"What was what, now?" He asked, looking at Cedric. "Look, don't worry about that dipshit Kind." He threw a glance over his shoulder, half hoping the guy would hear. "He's an asshole to just about everyone, nobody likes him. And he might've been here longer than me but I've been doing this independently before he even came around." He tensed at the idea that Kind was a better detective than him. Was nearly nauseated by the faint notion. He wiped his hands on his pants and dug in his pocket, desperate for something to distract him. A piece of green apple candy gave his dry mouth a break as they entered the break room, finding the young woman with an older one that looked somewhat like her. They both had similar dark hair and eyes.

"Miss...?"

"Mrs. Walton." She stood over the table and offered a hand. "Denise."

Iago nodded, then looked at Cedric. "You wanna start it off here?" He asked.