View Poll Results: Are you just stopping by or reading with us?
Reading as y'all write. 2 100.00%
Just stopping by. 0 0%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

CosmicFoxKitty
The Awkward

Penpal

Old 01-26-2014, 04:06 AM

✉ Check Yes Or No ✉
With Tachigami: and CosmicFoxKitty:.

Tachigami's Character:
Name--- Joey (or Joe) Leschin
Age--- Currently 16 years
Height--- 6 foot

Appearance--- Black hair, somewhat long and swept to the side, sharp light blue eyes and rather dark skin. Lanky, rather thin.

Clothing style--- Usually dark royal colors, blue, red, green, black, and brown, a t-shirt or sweater depending on the weather and usually black jeans and sneakers. Several piercings and bracelets.

Personality--- Quiet and shy, rather reserved and soft-spoken. He enjoys art, but prefers music, though he can't write it or read it. Kind-hearted, friendly, but usually lonely.

CosmicFoxKitty's Character:

Name: Maxx Wilde
Height: 5' 10"

Looks: like this dirty blond hair, freckles, blue/grey eyes.

Clothing: graphic t-shirts with blue or black jeans, a pair of aviators, and Osiris sneakers.

Personality: he does what he wants without caring what people think, a f-you kind of attitude. He is loud and openly speaks his mind. Very outgoing

Maxx shifted in his seat awkwardly as the teacher continued to speak, his eyes tracing the kid sitting across the class from him. The thing is that Maxx had a huge crush on the kid, Joey Leschin. He was a tall, dark, and handsome, Maxx needed to talk to him, but being forward was just to easy. No one at school knew he was bisexual, and he didn't know if Joey was or wasn't gay. Sighing as the bell rang he wrote a little note,

'Check yes or no
Are you single? [] yes [] no
Are you gay? [] yes [] no
Would you like to play a little game? [] yes [] no
Leave in locker 282'

Smiling Maxx slowly followed Joey to his locker and waited till he was gone to slip the note into the locker, the game was starting. "I wonder how much I can get to know him." He whispered to himself as he went to the next period.

Last edited by CosmicFoxKitty; 01-26-2014 at 04:10 AM..

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.
Send a message via AIM to Tachigami

Old 01-26-2014, 04:29 AM

He yawned for what felt like the third time in a row, shifting his head from one hand to the other and closing his eyes halfway. He tried to pay attention through the bore of this particular teacher, whose low and droning voice held the excitement of a brick to the head. Joey was a focused student, however, even through the slogging dribble that was a painful lecture. He caught himself turning his head to look at the other students, and thought he caught one's eye for a moment. Perhaps that was the reason he'd felt watched all period. But the next class was easier to handle---a more energetic teacher, a topic he enjoyed---Literature. He especially loved this one because the teacher allowed them a five-minute early leave, and he was able to walk to his locker early. Something fell out, which was odd considering the clean state Joey kept his locker's interior in, and he snatched it up, unfolding the little notebook paper and immediately blushing brightly. Luckily his rather dark cinnamon skin hid that somewhat well.

He sat, bringing out a pen.
Quote:
'Check yes or no
Are you single? [X] yes [] no
Are you gay? [X] yes [] no
Would you like to play a little game? [X] yes [] no
Leave in locker 282'
He was curious, and that curiosity overrode every instinct he might have as to what that 'game' might be. He didn't have enemies, no bullies that targeted him, and in fact had rather good friends. None, however, at locker 282. He stood, scuttling down the hall and slipping the note into the correct locker. As he walked away, he hoped desperately that it wasn't a random and rather mean prank.

Last edited by Cora; 02-05-2014 at 12:14 PM..

CosmicFoxKitty
The Awkward

Penpal

Old 01-26-2014, 04:47 AM

Maxx was trying his best to pay attention to his science teacher, seeing as it was one of his favorite subjects, but he was to caught up in his own thoughts. The dirty blonde thought to himself, 'How should I continue this game? I want to get to know him but I want him to get to know me as well. Maybe I should make it like twenty questions. Oh what if he doesn't want to play!?' After being berated by the teacher about not paying attention he looked forward. When the bell run he ran off to look and see for a reply. Smiling as a note fell out when he opened it.
Quote:
'Check yes or no
Are you single? [X] yes [] no
Are you gay? [X] yes [] no
Would you like to play a little game? [X] yes [] no
Leave in locker 282'
After reading the note he smiled and walked to his next class where he wrote out another note to Joey.

You can only write yes or no questions, five at a time, they can be distributed with the note I give you or you can randomly give me one. I will always reply. But it has to be yes or no questions. You cannot look up who I am, or try and wait for me by the locker.

Will you play by the rules? [] yes [] no
Do you like shorter guys? []yes [] no
Can you play an instrument? [] yes [] no
Do you sing? [] yes [] no
Do you have a crush? [] yes [] no

Looking over the note he seemed rather content with it. Smiling he walked out of the classroom, claiming to go use the restroom, and walked to Joey's locker. Sighing as he slipped the note into the others locker. 'I wonder how this will turn out, will he try and figure me out? How long can we do these yes or no questions? Maybe I should progress to real notes one day.' He thought to himself as he walked back to his classroom.

Last edited by Cora; 02-05-2014 at 12:13 PM..

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 01-26-2014, 05:49 AM

He could barely focus now in his music class. His absolute favorite class, though he could never read the music itself, and his thoughts were on that note. He kept staring at the wall, wondering who had slid it into the locker. He kept imagining who it was. If it even mattered. Maybe it was meant to cause a little confusion and was merely a one-time thing. Maybe it was meant to get his hopes up. Joey didn't really have a relationship, hadn't been looking. But now... What if this was serious? He sighed, running his hand through his black hair and sending it even more sideways and was eventually barked at for his airheadedness before the bell rang. Joey nearly ran to his locker, pulling out another, longer note this time and crouching in front of his locker to read, and reply.

He checked 'yes' on all but the last question. Of course he wanted to play the game, and he didn't have preference for tall or short as long as they were sweet or good in personality. Though try as he might, he couldn't think of a crush he might have. Using the back of one of his notebooks, Joey composed his reply, feeling like he didn't mind being late to lunch:

This seems a little uncouth, but I'll play by your rules...

Are you in at least one of my classes? []Yes []No
Is this some cruel joke meant to lead me on? []Yes []No
Are you an animal-lover? []Yes []No
Do you enjoy music? []Yes []No
Are you taller than I am? []Yes []No

He grimaced before folding the paper. The questions seemed so stupid, but he couldn't think of anything else to ask. Nothing that would be fully responded to by a simple yes or no answer. Taking it to the locker, he made sure there was no one there before sliding it in and stepping away. He did want to stay, but he had agreed to play by the rules.

CosmicFoxKitty
The Awkward

Penpal

Old 01-26-2014, 06:25 PM

Maxx sat there for a while, listening to his teacher drone on and on about something or another. He wasn't quite paying attention to the class, nor did he ever really. History was easy for him, Maxx knew most of everything they have learned this year. Science and History were his main points of study. Sighing he played with the note he retrieved from his locker.

Quote:

This seems a little uncouth, but I'll play by your rules...

Are you in at least one of my classes? [x]Yes []No
Is this some cruel joke meant to lead me on? []Yes [x]No
Are you an animal-lover? [x]Yes []No
Do you enjoy music? [x]Yes []No
Are you taller than I am? []Yes [x]No

Looking over the answers he smiled, 'Maybe we should switch to just note writing.' he thought to himself as he got out a new piece of paper and wrote upon it,

How is it uncouth? I find it rather interesting. We could always just pass notes. I just wanted to get to know you...
Would you tell me about yourself? [] yes [] no
Are you entertained by this? [] yes [] no
Do you like dogs?[] yes [] no
Are you an only child? [] yes [] no
Do you live with your parents?[] yes [] no

satisfied with what he wrote down he all but skipped to Joey's locker when the bell rang to slip the note into the locker. Maxx tried to move swiftly and quietly as he did so, running to his own locker after the notes were passed.

Last edited by Cora; 02-05-2014 at 12:14 PM..

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 01-26-2014, 08:10 PM

He never listened in his history class, never took notes. Joey found the concept interesting enough on his own and did his own research, reading through his history book by himself and often getting called out for reading too far ahead. Today, for some reason, their teacher had decided to give them a break and let them watch a movie. Joey's mind was on the newest note he had received, though, and his pen was tapping his notebook in thought.

Quote:
How is it uncouth? I find it rather interesting. We could always just pass notes. I just wanted to get to know you...
Would you tell me about yourself? [X] yes [] no
Are you entertained by this? [X] yes [] no
Do you like dogs?[X] yes [] no
Are you an only child? [X] yes [] no
Do you live with your parents?[] yes [X] no
He folded it and slipped it into his pocket, and wrote a reply of his own

Well, you have a point, but I feel like actual letters might hit on more points...

Will this yes/no thing go on for long? []Yes []No
Do you live near school? []Yes []No
Are you the reason I feel watched in at least one of my classes? []Yes []No
Do you believe in ghosts? []Yes []No
Should I at least know your name? []Yes []No

It bothered him that he didn't know what kind of questions to ask. They seemed so ridiculous. But he resigned himself to their idiotic nature and folded it, slipping it between the folds of the other page and packing his things to get ready to run. This classroom, at least, was near the locker he deposited the letters into. As he slid them in amongst the flow of students, Joey wondered if he should stand back, around a corner, and watch who comes by. But he had promised not to. With a huff, he turned to go back to his own locker.

Last edited by Cora; 02-05-2014 at 12:15 PM..

CosmicFoxKitty
The Awkward

Penpal

Old 01-30-2014, 02:20 AM

Going to his locker, the dirty blond smiled brightly as he picked up the note, his blue eyes lighting up with excitement. He couldn't wait to see whatwould be written. He had english class next, an easy class that he could easily read and write back. The teacher wrote pages to read out of The Book Thief, the current book his class was reading, then sat down watching the students flip open their books. Maxx sped through the pages listed to read in his English class as he finished answering the questions over said pages he slid the note out and answered it;

Quote:
Well, you have a point, but I feel like actual letters might hit on more points...

Will this yes/no thing go on for long? [x]Yes []No
Do you live near school? []Yes [x]No
Are you the reason I feel watched in at least one of my classes? [x]Yes []No
Do you believe in ghosts? [x]Yes []No
Should I at least know your name? [x]Yes []No
Looking over the paper he thought to himself, 'It really woouldnt hurt to tell him my name would it? But then he could know who I am which I dont want.' Deciding against better judgment he replied.

I'm no good at writing letters, my name is Maxx.

Do you want to stop the game and just write? [] yes [] no
Do you like cats? [] yes [] no
Do you like reading? [] yes [] no
Do you want to get to know me? [] yes [] no
Are looks important to you? [] yes [] no

Sighing he slipped the note into his pocket and started to doodle on a stray piece of paper. No one minded him much, Maxx was one of those kids who kind of stayed by himself and finished work first in class. The teachers were okay with him, though he had gotten into fights before. Doodling out sketches of Joey, making Maxx blush when he realized what he was doing. As soon as the bell had rang Maxx jumped out of his seat, grabbed his things, and rushed over to Joey's locker. Slipping the note in he scurried off as quickly as he could. The day was almost over, and he couldn't help but wonder about what exactly would happen.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 01-30-2014, 04:54 AM

He tried not to run back to his locker at the end of class, but it didn't stop him from nearly jogging and getting barked at by a few passing teachers. No one seemed to be hurrying away from his locker in a suspicious fashion when he got there, however, and he quickly opened it. Maxx was his name? He knew a couple, but none whose name was simply Maxx, and none that spelled it with two Xs. He slid it into his pocket, thinking about his answer and nearly running into a few people without realizing. Sitting in his language class, Joey read it over more carefully.

Quote:
I'm no good at writing letters, my name is Maxx.

Do you want to stop the game and just write? [X] yes [] no
Do you like cats? [X] yes [] no
Do you like reading? [X] yes [] no
Do you want to get to know me? [X] yes [] no
Are looks important to you? [] yes [X] no
Joey tapped his pen against his forehead. The day would be coming to a close very soon and he'd have to wait for so long to see if Maxx actually wanted to keep their letter-transferring up.

Why not try your letter-writing skills with me, then? I wouldn't laugh...

Can we stop the yes/no system so I can get to know who you are through your thought process
and not a series of curt questions?

[]Yes []No

Maybe he was breaking the rules. But now he was truly interested and wanted to know which class this Maxx was in. He felt as if he could look through the attendance list of each class, he could figure out who it was and understand more. But it would take away the mystery. The curiosity. He wanted to know, but he wanted to know who Maxx was as a person first. He had a hard time focusing in this class---he found it somewhat difficult, learning a new language. If he were younger, he was sure he would retain it easier. When he delivered his response, he walked away rather nervously, almost visibly shaking. If he didn't want to play by the same rules, would Maxx lose interest somehow? He breathed out carefully, pulling his bag out of his locker and thinking about waiting the entire night without knowing what the response would be.

CosmicFoxKitty
The Awkward

Penpal

Old 01-30-2014, 03:55 PM

Maxx slowly walked to his locker, there was no rush to get the note now, it was the end of the day. Grabbing the note and his backpack he slowly walked to the front of the school, where his car was parked across the street. Getting into the black jeep he blasted Whore by In This Moment as he started the drive to his house. Once at the house he parked and went inside, his uncle would be at work now and his other uncle was probably shopping, since it was grocery night.

Going upstairs he waited to do his homework first before opening the note. once he did he blushed lightly. Checking yes on the note he started to write a reply.

Joey,

We could always trade numbers and send anonymous texts to each other as well. My problem is I'm not much of a writer... I moreof a note type person, or maybe a paragraph or so honestly. My grammar isn't the best either.

I was taken away from my parents five years ago, so when I was 12. I was placed in my gay uncles home... so now I have two dad
s. which isn't bad at all. It's actually pretty fun! We live on the beach, in a small home, it's only two bedroom and an office that my dad Eric uses for his art. My other dad, John, works at the garage in town fixing cars.

I don't know what else to say...

You're very handsome by the way,
Maxx

The next day Maxx went to school early and slipped the letter into Joey's locker then went to his art class. Wondering what response hewould get.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 01-30-2014, 09:57 PM

He didn't live too far away from school. Generally Joey walked or caught a city bus that would save him the extra few minutes that walking would take away. But this evening he walked, and thought about tomorrow. He wanted to get back to school soon just so he could look forward to another note. When he made it home he was quiet, lost in thought as he did his homework and sat with a book held limply, and was asked by his grandparents if he was feeling okay. He managed to quell their concern and went to bed early, though sleep was hard to find.

Joey left early for school the next day, running halfway and jogging the rest, and stood in a small hallway off the lobby to watch others enter. He was going crazy not knowing who was sending the notes, but everyone he saw looked like he could be the sender. He was ambushed by a couple friends as he waited, and Joey told them about it, finding they knew nothing about the notes. He had to believe them---they were terrible liars.

Several minutes before the first bell he ran to his locker, finding no one there, but a note already there. He had to have seen the sender, then. Grabbing it, he took up his books for his first three classes and went to his first to read it.

Maxx,

To be honest I don't really own a phone... I lose things too easily so I don't trust myself...

To me, a letter is a letter, regardless of how long or well-written it is. It doesn't matter how it's written as long as the words are meant by their writer. I'd rather know you through actual writing and not some shallow questions. They don't really give you too much information about the other person, do they?

I guess we have similar home lives... I was taken away from my parents too---unfit, you see. And I live with my grandparents on my father's side. They're sweet things, retired but my grandfather does some landscaping to pass the time.

Thank you... I'm sure I could say the same if I knew what you looked like...
~Joey

Writing did feel easier. Joey's face was warm as he folded the paper and slid it into his book as a bookmark, then settled as the bell rang. He could barely let himself walk calmly when it was over, trying not to run to the other's locker and slip the note in. He was sure if Maxx saw, it wouldn't matter. He knew Joey more than Joey knew him, after all.

CosmicFoxKitty
The Awkward

Penpal

Old 01-31-2014, 12:41 AM

Art class went by smoothly, consisting of him drawing Joey up a few times. His anime style making the boy look almost manlier. He compared it to himself, the one he drew of course, and couldn't help but inwardly squeal at the thought of them being a couple. Which was weird, he knew, but it didn't stop him. Getting up as the bell rang he hurried over to his locker, finding a new letter. After reading it in the hallway he sped off to his next class, taking out paper to write back immediantly, and ignoring what the teacher was saying.

Dear Joey,

Well it sucks that you don't own a phone, how will I be able to call you when things progress farther? ;)

I'm glad a letter is just a letter to you, it would upset me if you didn't enjoy reading my little note, er, letter to you. I promise what I am writing and will write will be honest and true, I give you my word. I agree with the whole questions thing... It was a dumb idea, but I really needed, I mean wanted, to write to you or talk to you or something... Honestly...

I know how that is, my parents beat me, I have a few nasty scars but they aren't shown with my clothes on. I hope that you weren't beaten or if you were that it wasn't bad. I hate when parents are "unfit" parents... Landscaping sounds really fun honestly, I bet that he is happy when he is done!

Looks are but looks, the inside is what matters, for if a rose was called by any other name it would smell just as sweet. If that makes any sense. Shakespear was a genius in my opinion...

So I'm giving you some sketches of you that I drew, I hope that it isn't that weird.

Im weird,
Maxx

Slipping the drawings above the letter and folded to where they would all stay together. The next period he would have with Joey, and this scared him almost. He was nervous how the other would reply or act upon reading it all. Sighing he finally started to pay attention. When the class was over he hurried to the other's locker and placed the note and pictures in his locker then ran off to the class they shared, curious how Joey would react.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 02-01-2014, 05:07 AM

Joey grasped the rather thick folds of the newest letter tightly as he hurried to his math class. Sitting in his desk, Joey leaned against the wall beside him and unfolded everything, glancing around as he did though few people had made it so early. Just a few were scattered at their own desks. Perhaps Maxx was the one directly across from him... He opened the letter and curiously unfolded the sketches, immediately blushing brightly and sliding them into the back of his math book. He had to do something similar, but felt a drawing in turn would be too little. Perhaps he could record a spur of the moment song at home in the garage, where he wouldn't bother his grandparents. For now, however, he brought a pen and glanced across the room. That had to be Maxx...

Dear Maxx,
Do you hope this will progress...? I do, actually. I really want to get to a point where I can hear your voice. So maybe a phone would be nice. I'll have to save up a bit of money, but maybe I'll surprise you?

It wasn't a dumb idea... It was a good icebreaker, in my opinion, I just couldn't hold my own in the question department... So that's my fault.

Well... They were pretty hard drug users, so when they couldn't afford to get their fix they'd take it out on me. I'm just glad I told someone so there's no real permanent physical or mental damage.
I'll agree, landscaping is pretty fun but it'll take a lot out of you. I usually help my granddad after school and on the weekends for some extra money, thinking about taking it up full time, maybe doing a little musician things along with it, know?

Ah, I love Shakespeare.

Hear my soul speak:
The very instant that I saw you, did
My heart fly to your service.

Beautiful, isn't it? Maybe I'm a bit of a sap, but I love the dramatic, cheesy dialogue. You just don't see it too often in modern-written stories, in my opinion.

I loved your drawings. I think I might know who you are now... But I don't feel brave enough to approach you directly...

~Joey

He breathed in carefully, folding the paper and looking up as the class's teacher tapped his desk to get his attention. Joey kept his hands on his face the rest of the hour, then scurried out of the room when the bell rang, pulling his note out of his math book and slipping it into the right locker.

CosmicFoxKitty
The Awkward

Penpal

Old 02-05-2014, 04:55 PM

Maxx sat there trying his best to pay attention to what the teacher was saying. Though he was captured by the blush on Joey's face when he opened the letter. Maxx bit his lip, trying not to think of that adorable reaction. He eventually focused on the teacher and did the work that was assigned. As the bell rang he watched Joey scurry out of the room and followed him happily. Grabbing the letter he walked to his next class humming a happy tune as he all but skipped to the class. After reading the letter he replied;

Dear Joey,

I do hope this will progress, I think I would love that, I mean talking to you... That was a rather adorable response! I'd love to hear your voice honestly. I mean more than just answers in class, I want you to talk to me... That was really cheesy huh?

Well in your defense it was getting hard for me to think up more questions myself Ha!

I'm sorry that happened to you. Honestly. I know how much that sucks... I'm glad you told someone as well... I wish I would have told someone sooner than I did. But oh well, can't change the past right? I've never done landscaping before, it sounds like it would be a fun group thing to do. I didn't know that you did that, it's really cool! I usually draw with my dad when he has time for me to go in there. Artists tend to go in their own world and what not.

I didn't know you were a musician! I totally want to hear some of your work sometime! What else do you do?

It is pretty beautiful, i don't think that makes you a saap though. So you're into theatre? There is a play coming up at the local college, Hamlet actually. You should go. I bet you'd have fun! It's in about a month or so!

You know my drawings? Really? Thats... That's really awesome. I didn't think anyone noticed my art... That makes my heart smile, really. And don't be afraid! I wont bite... much. Ha! imagine me winking!

Yours Truely,
Maxx

Maxx sat back in his seat, content with his reply. After what seemed to be ages he stood up as the bell rang and walked to Joey's locker, wondering tto himself when Joey would confront him about it all or if he would let the letters go on for a while. Either way Maxx was excited about it all and couldn't help but wonder how far this would all go. Slipping the note into his locker he went tto his next class.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 02-09-2014, 11:57 PM

Most of his literature class was taken up by reading aloud from their current novel---The Time Machine---so Joey read on his own. It seemed that, when one was made to read aloud to the rest of the class, their reading level dropped significantly. He was half focusing on what he was reading, having read it through entirely twice. He couldn't help but think about what would be written, and when they were released their usual five minutes early, Joey didn't go directly to his locker. He waited. Just around the corner, he leaned against the wall and watched someone approach his locker. He had to hold back, though, despite his wish to actually meet him face to face. He barely waited for Maxx to leave before running to his locker and hurrying to his science class.

Dear Maxx,

I guess I'm a little torn. I do want to have a real conversation but at the same time I don't want the notes to stop so soon. It's different---like an old tradition before phones and email.

Don't worry about your past---you shouldn't live in it or let it control you. It took a couple years for me, but I did manage to move on. But yeah, landscaping is a pretty good social thing to do; pretty versatile, as long as you stick with what your clients want. It's kind of a... form of art, maybe?

I'm not really a musician! I mean, I like to play... but I've never really tried to do anything professional. It'd be nice to do something professional, don't get me wrong! What else do I do...? Well, I guess I'm okay at painting, but I only really do landscapes...

Oh, there is? Hamlet is probably one of my favorite plays... I wouldn't mind going to see it, maybe if I had someone to go with...

Sure, I've seen your work. I go by the art rooms all the time... Maybe you've seen mine around, too? There are a few I'm kind of proud of...

~Joey

He looked up in time to hear the word 'quiz' and slid the response into his book. His normally clean locker was already getting a bit clustered with the notes from Maxx, but he didn't have any intention of throwing them away. Looking down at his paper, Joey decided to use an old shoebox when he got home. For some reason he wanted to keep all the notes. The quiz took up the rest of the hour, and he focused rather hard this time around, and finished just before the bell rang. He looked forward to the foreseeable future, the notes, possible conversations. While he walked toward Maxx's locker, Joey smiled to himself.