Shadami
the one and only

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Shadami

Old 07-21-2017, 01:58 AM

That is how i took it. I apologize for the misunderstanding Dystopia.

shall i just up my other top bids to 10k now as well? i was planning to spend 100k

dragoness129
Slytherin Pride! ^_^

Old 07-21-2017, 01:58 AM

Why are you still trying to fight?
Is there something you want to bid on? I really do not know what items you were bidding on already.

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 07-21-2017, 02:08 AM

Frankly, because this "auction" is a load of bullshit. I don't care about the items. It's not about the items. It's about how everyone here has handled the situation. I cannot believe that we would have open collusion in the thread. I cannot believe that the only official word we have on the situation is, "This hurts my feelings." Of course I understand that this is hurtful and I'm entirely sympathetic, but what are you going to do about it? The Auctioneer talking about his feelings does not punish the people involved in the wrongdoing or reward the people who tried to play fairly. I don't think that the reward for trying to disrespect this auction and its participants should be, "You'll get your items, but I'm not gonna be happy about it."

---------- Post added 07-20-2017 at 07:09 PM ----------

Like what is this. The only "punishment" mentioned is that the Auctioneer is now discouraged from (and discouraging the other NPCs from) holding similar events in the future. So basically, we all get screwed equally, regadless of whether we followed the rules or not?

I'm sorry just. I know this is a stressful situation for everyone involved, but I am not happy at how it's being handled.

dragoness129
Slytherin Pride! ^_^

Old 07-21-2017, 02:12 AM

It is about the items. We are bidding on items.
What they should do about it is update the first page with "do not do this". No one said not to, so everyone involved in it did not know not to do it. Hidden rules should not inflict punishment if no one knows that they should not be doing said thing.

Bids are still Open. ANYONE CAN bid on items!
We just collectively chose to forgo bidding on some.

The current highest amounts stand thus:
Quote:
Blue Gow -@ 10000 goldies
How Now -@ 10000 goldies
Bloodmoon Gems - @ 6000 goldies
Darkmoon Gems - @ 10000 goldies
Bunchi Slippers - @ 10000 goldies
Radioactive Bunchi Slippers - @ 4000 goldies
Traitors of Yumeh - @ 10000 goldies
Traitors of Peeblo - @ 3000 goldies
Gold Commander Pendant -@ 10000 goldies
Auctioneer's Ledger - @ 7500 goldies
If you want to bid on an item, I do implore you or Anyone else to go ahead and bid on it!

The Auctioneer
Better than Santa!
NPC

Old 07-21-2017, 02:17 AM

Thank you Dystopia, I was beginning to think I had lost my mind.

For those of you that have already apologized and realized their error. I can never stay mad at a kind face.

For those of you still unsure of what they did, if I must explain it to you I will.

It shouldn't have to be stated for people not to conspire for personal gains. It's against the very spirit of auctions and decency.

The unaccounted members Dystopia: , sadrain: if their gold count is to believed don't have 10K to outbid you/your conspirators.

You have literally had everyone else claim which item they most want with intentions of not having to compete with each other. Thus halting bidding around those items.

If you make arrangements with your only remaining competition deciding who gets what. Those arrangements given the no sniping rule would be final bid, would it not?

Do you not trust your conspirators? Do you think they would out bid you by another 250g when you leave the thread? Or course not! You trust them, because then there is a chance they'd loose their item to you if they started biding against you.

They would be your only competition left. So no competition = no bidding.

The thought that someone, a mod even is being out right BRIBED to not bid on a ledger with a ledger. . . How could this be?

*sigh*

If you don't see the error in your ways, I can not convince you. I'm much to busy to continue arguing to try and make any of you see reason.

Perhaps one way to rectify this and send a very clear message that would still benefit charities would be to close the auction and give the items directly to charities not affiliated with any of the current bidders?

It is not something I really want to do, but it's being considered.

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 07-21-2017, 02:21 AM

I have to step back and think about this

Last edited by salvete; 07-21-2017 at 02:25 AM..

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 07-21-2017, 02:34 AM

Auctioneer, as long as there is some sort of reasonable conclusion for what happened here, I'll support you.

tbh I am a little miffed that I have to miss out on this event and even future events that might have been in planning but now canceled, but I understand why you would be discouraged, and I think anything is better than letting this just happen.

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 07-21-2017, 02:42 AM

Dystopia, This is a developing situation where a mod has been involved with something a bit shady in public. It's not something that will have an immediate answer. Or likely one that will be posted in public. I apologize for not being quick to react, but some things require more forethought and I'm trying to handle it the best way I can.

I'm sure that if The Auctioneer does give the items to directly charities the charity hosts will come up with some fun games to play for them and then the items will only cost you having fun. :D So you maybe gaining (by keeping goldies in your pocket) rather than losing out.

He still seems undecided.

dragoness129
Slytherin Pride! ^_^

Old 07-21-2017, 02:43 AM

I do understand your points. I just want to be clear on mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Auctioneer View Post
It shouldn't have to be stated for people not to conspire for personal gains. It's against the very spirit of auctions and decency.
It actually really should be stated because I honestly would not have known not to do so otherwise. If it had been stated, we would not have been talking about the items and coming to an agreement.

Quote:
The unaccounted members Dystopia: , sadrain: if their gold count is to believed don't have 10K to outbid you/your conspirators.
You forgot *Hime*: Elirona: LizzyCollinsDeArc: (as per their gold counts and what they bid on, they still have enough to increase the amounts of those bids)

Quote:
Those arrangements given the no sniping rule would be final bid, would it not?
With the above users, it would not make it final.

Quote:
The thought that someone, a mod even is being out right BRIBED to not bid on a ledger with a ledger. . . How could this be?
This can be because these items are not in enough circulation. Such as the last sell date on some items being 2014. I am wondering why some auctions for those items were not hosted, even if just one was released once a year in your very own shop as an auction.

If the items were released just a bit more often. Yes, even just one of each of the items a year, there would be less need to claw each other's eyes out for the items. I am certain they would still be raking in large amounts of gold with how desired they are. Only one person would be able to receive said item that year before having to wait until the next or stalk the marketplace for a user putting one up. Which as you stated earlier is very unlikely to happen because they do not want to let it go themselves.

Quote:
Perhaps one way to rectify this and send a very clear message that would still benefit charities would be to close the auction and give the items directly to charities not affiliated with any of the current bidders?

It is not something I really want to do, but it's being considered.
No one involved knew before hand not to group together to set an amount. We all thought it would be alright as it was not stated otherwise. Closing the auction is itself unfair if we did not know that we could not do said thing. Knowing this now, I would know not to do so if there actually were to be auctions in the future.

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 07-21-2017, 02:48 AM

No worries. My main issue was that it sounded like the auction was going to continue as-is. If you guys are working on a fair solution, then I've said my bit and there's no one else who absolutely needs to be persuaded.

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 07-21-2017, 02:48 AM

Murrr...I only just saw this and was going to come in and potentially participate, but I'm not really sure what is going on, so I will back away.

However, I see the front and prices are not updated, if the post at the top of this page is any indication. Could that get updated? I was going to bid on some items, but I see now they are much higher, but I am confused on if that is accurate or not. Thanks. :)

dragoness129
Slytherin Pride! ^_^

Old 07-21-2017, 02:50 AM

Suona, dear, there are a cut off for any new bidders.

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 07-21-2017, 02:51 AM

As in not permitted?

That's fine. I just figure it would probably good for everyone if the prices were known.

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 07-21-2017, 03:43 AM

Yes and the auction is halted because of funny goings on. So they won't likely be updated until this is all ironed out. If the Auctioneer decides to give the items to charity there won't be any point of updating the bids.

I think closing it and reopening it with new rules might work. But honestly I don't see that happening soon enough as we're a month away from the next event and we need to work on that. It's been disrupted to the point where we'd need to begin it again from the top.

I'm sure there was intention to do a yearly release of these items/add more of them but the person that played The Auctioneer went MIA. So it wasn't an option to hold Auctioneer auctions until another person was trained to play him.

Eye clawing is part of the fun of auction. :D Idle threats from your friends can be amusing if you look at them from the perspective of friendly competition. The maniacal laughter of winning is also pretty good. *shrugs* That's just me though.

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 07-21-2017, 03:45 AM

Sorry to hear things have been so difficult :(

Since the event is ending, it'd have to be outside of the event then, yes?

Btw, do we know yet when the event is ending today?

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 07-21-2017, 04:30 AM

Yes it would have to be outside of the event.

That I do not know. I see an Admin on but I'm not sure if she's by the computer currently.

dragoness129
Slytherin Pride! ^_^

Old 07-21-2017, 04:33 AM

What about a two day bidding auction?
It gets set up and everyone interested gets pinged then there are 2 days for bidding.
The price could start at 10k since Shadami had already posted that she would be willing to spend that towards each item?

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 07-21-2017, 04:49 AM

SPOILERX

I can see how concerned some people are about this. I want to just agree with this specific statement. I hope you will look at the intentions when thinking about this situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoness129 View Post
No one involved knew before hand not to group together
In terms of our intentions, we really did not mean to do anything that would upset the auctioneer or other people. And we did not know that we should not have collaborated with each other. That is why our entire conversation is in this thread. It should be clear to any reader that we were openly discussing everything about this auction. No one was trying to hide or be sneaky because we had no idea that our teamwork would be so frowned upon in the end. As far as I know, no private messages were sent about this so we were not being "shady" like that

Also, you can tell from reading our posts that keeping the prices low was not even in most of our minds...at least speaking for myself...we were in fact discussing how to increase some of our bids. And for the other items, we did not discuss the final price at all. So you could reasonably understand, based on our actual conversation -- not your assumptions or what you project onto us, but the actual dialogue -- that it was not the intention or priority of most of us to get stuff for low prices or anything along those lines. It was to actually get items we wanted

This is not a comment on what happened exactly, but rather on the intentions behind what had transpired.

Last edited by salvete; 07-21-2017 at 11:43 AM..

Hadsvich
Maneki Neko Beckons

Penpal

Old 07-21-2017, 05:33 AM

Honestly, for me, I did feel we were doing something dubious..
So I apologize for being swayed in the heat of the moment even so.
I'd understand any consequences that might be carried out.

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 07-21-2017, 07:07 AM

Holy crappers, what happened in here @@

*Hime*

Old 07-21-2017, 07:13 AM

Wow. It seems all hell broke loose when I was asleep :0

---------- Post added 07-21-2017 at 09:15 AM ----------

I am kinda afraid to bid now :0

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 07-21-2017, 07:18 AM

Ahh ok i read up a bit.
I still don't know what's going on. xD

I never participated in these auctions not because i have all these items - i don't. There's a few i still need. But clearly because i could probably outbid most people lol. I wanted to give people who might not have disposable gold like i do, the chance at these shinnies. Heck i even donated gold to a few so they could go after their dream items. If people have been doing dodgy dealings, i am so disappointed! :(
We just wanted this to be clean, fun & awesome.
And now it's been ruined for everyone. And we wonder why we don't see much of these threads, or auctions or the giving out of rarer items. Very sad :(

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 07-21-2017, 11:38 AM

SPOILERX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roachi View Post
I wanted to give people who might not have disposable gold like i do, the chance at these shinnies.
that was also our intention. To give each other a chance at the items we wanted. Again, I feel the need to point out our intentions. We were working together to give each other the chance to win the auction for items that we each wanted. We had good intentions and were trying to be nice to each other by doing this since it was the last day of the event

---------- Post added 07-21-2017 at 07:42 AM ----------

I am sorry for what happened. I just hope you will see that we did not have bad intentions behind it is all that I am hoping for. We were trying to be nice to each other. At least I was.

This is not a comment on whether what we did was right or wrong.

Last edited by salvete; 07-21-2017 at 11:48 AM..

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 07-21-2017, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadsvich View Post
Honestly, for me, I did feel we were doing something dubious..
So I apologize for being swayed in the heat of the moment even so.
I'd understand any consequences that might be carried out.
I feel the same way. I feel bad for agreeing and I know it was for selfish reasons.
I don't think I can accept getting the ledger this way now. > 3<

dragoness129
Slytherin Pride! ^_^

Old 07-21-2017, 12:07 PM

Exactly what Sal had said. We were trying to help each other out to have a shot at the items (because there are still those who might outbid us). None of use have 100k to blow on one item in here. Which none of these items I'm here are worth over 50k in my opinion. We were trying to come to an agreement that would benefit everyone, including the charities.