Hatake Ayumi
College Student

Old 12-24-2011, 01:51 AM

Location #1: Menewsha Central Station

Dear Diary Journal Book Stanley Alex,

I bought my ticket (with its signature star on front so you know it's legitimate) well before the Spirit of Calesco was even named! The ticket arrived on my doorstep in its classic wooden box filled with colored paper tissue before the name plate was engraved! And yet here we are! The bright and mild weather is perfect for starting a journey! Only a few steps keep me away from an adventure! It was easy enough finding the Central Station. It's large enough to see from miles away. I just have to enter the front right doors front left doors front middle doors and descend ascend the large, grand stairs to the large gateways where they are checking tickets selling some snacks to travelers. The doors to left must go to the trains bathrooms. Really, this station is so large and beautiful that it's difficult to navigate. They need more signs pointing to where I need to go… I guess I'll stop being distracted by you, journal, and ask a worker where exactly the departures are…

---------------------------

The train will soon start on its journey around the Island of Menewsha, where mystical creatures freely frolic along the varied and wondrous terrain. However, currently the train, my fellow passengers, and I are eagerly waiting within the new Menewsha Central Station. We can only watch the going-ons outside the train's windows, and some passengers are also furiously scribbling in their personal journals. The station has been on the works and, like the train, was just recently completed (and completed beautifully). No expense was spared in the creation of the fine engine and its home base. Columns of marble are gilded in gold and silver. Every surface shimmers on its first day of service. Even the main bell cast out of iron glimmers from the front of the station. The same treatment was given to the Spirit of Calesco. The sturdy engine is also quite beautifully decorated on the inside with rich hard wood and velvet seat cushions. Honestly, the shining ornaments, walls, and floors are a bit hypnotizing and the warm insides of the train and plush cushions are very tempting… I think I'll nap a bit till we depart the station.

With Much Love and Excitement,
Ayumi

Hatake Ayumi
College Student

Old 12-25-2011, 07:15 PM

Location #2: Garland

Dear Alex,

I slept fitfully I fear. I think that's because of the couple who often sit by me, as this first stop at Garland seems to exhilarate the girl. She incessantly chatted about this wooden puzzle box that her father had given her before she left the station. Her voice was grating oh-so unpleasantly on my eardrums. I had to tie a knot in the middle of my embroidery and set it aside. I figured that once the puzzle was solved, she would stop yammering on and let me work in peace! The box did come with cryptic instructions: "The sun rises when you and I meet, and whe the wind blows, you will know my heart." I've seen this exact same puzzle before, I think they started to mass produce these boxes, but anyhow I twisted and pushed the appropriate images on the box's surface and got the pleasure of a pair of dice flung in my face. Dang box had a spring on the inside to pelt the box opener with their gift. I nearly tossed the box out the window in shock! The girl still gave me a poinsettia out of her bouquet out of thanks and continued to loudly comment upon the clever workings of her puzzle box.

---------------------------

I followed the huge group of tourists to the combined grave of the bride and groom from the stories. I offered that pair of rings that you made out of bark, though I'm sorry to say that I accidently tore the pouch that they were held in. You would not believe how pushy people are to offer gifts to the grave. I can't wait to get to a calmer stop…

Your Very Tired and Very Truly,
Ayumi