CrepsleyKabob
(。・ω・&...

Old 12-27-2011, 05:34 PM

The adventures of a traveling Crepsley!
Day One @ The Menewsha Central Station;

It was intimidating, that's the one thing that I remember the most. I didn't have a group, a guide, or any sort of help to lead me to the Spirit of Calesco, and to top it all off, I didn't even have a train ticket! As I saw other passengers prepare to board, all holding their colorful tickets with the big, bright star right in the center, I began to wonder what I was even doing there.

What did I expect to happen? I wasn't even planning on going until less than a hour before. It was completely last minute: I had just finished working for my parents in their chocolate shop, the busy Christmas season had just come to a close. This morning I woke up and got ready to do some bookkeeping in the shop when my parents suggested I take a break from work - they told me they could take care of things. I was excited! I didn't know what to do, though, I'm not used to having a lot of time off... then I remembered that the brand new Spirit of Calesco was making its first trip today. I packed a bag as quick as I could, ran over to the station, and here I am now - clueless, but ready for an adventure!

Man, the station was PACKED! So many families, couples, groups of students, engineers, and all sorts of other people crowded around, ready to start their adventure. One couple - it looked like they were on their honeymoon! - went frolicking by, looking happy as ever. A child, rosy-cheeked and bundled in layers of warm clothes, couldn't stop sniffling from the cold as his mother wiped his face with a tissue. All around, passengers were excited to board the train! The Spirit of Calesco was an impressive sight indeed - more than twenty cabins, each a brilliant shade of scarlet-red, the windows framed with gold and adorned with green garlands for the holiday season. The front of the train had a golden figure casting a shadow of a ferocious Pheonix along the wall next to the train. I could see why it was called the "Spirit of Calesco"!

I still had one major problem: how was I to board the train?! For a quick moment I contemplated sneaking on, but after seeing the officers on patrol who appeared to having tempers nowhere near mild, I decided I would rather not risk provoking them. I had to figure something out though! Then, as if on cue, I glimpsed a hand reaching in the air waving a ticket back and forth. Perhaps the ticket was for sale! I ran over to check and asked the man how much he would like for the ticket. His response caused me to stagger: a whopping 50,000 gold! The pitiful amount of change in my pockets would never be enough to appease this man. The man then caught glimpse of something that did interest him - the watch on my wrist, hand-crafted by my grandfather and made with the finest materials. The man offered a trade: his ticket for my watch. Under any other circumstance, I would never trade away my watch... but I knew my grandfather, and I knew he had the spirit of adventure in him. He would want me to embark on this journey aboard the Spirit of Calesco. I could always request a new watch from him, but the chance to take on this adventure may not reappear.

I took the man up on his offer. With my ticket in hand, I waited impatiently for the train to begin boarding. A large whistle blew, and thus my adventure truly began...

Quote:
Stop 0:
The Menewsha Central Station

Words:
Star, frolic, tissue, cast, mild, watch.
Tasks: Describe the Menewsha Central Station and the Spirit of Calesco. Lose your way.

Last edited by CrepsleyKabob; 12-27-2011 at 05:38 PM..

CrepsleyKabob
(。・ω・&...

Old 12-27-2011, 05:38 PM

The adventures of a traveling Crepsley!
Day Two @ Garland;
Quote:
Stop 1:
Garland

Words:
Bride, grave, dice, poinsettia, bark, exhilarate.
Tasks: Solve a riddle. Tie a knot. Receive a surprise. Tear something.
Stop 2:
Reinsend

Words: - Trot, rake, pencil, cards, volcano, glue
Tasks: - Beware of encounter "invisible cows", bake something, take a picture of small animal, stampeded by reindeer.
Stop 3:
Icy Peaks

Words:

Tasks: -
Stop 4:
Saint's Pole

Words:
-
Stop 5:
Rochelle Harbor

Words:
-

I won't be able to finish my journal ;-; so sorry!

Last edited by CrepsleyKabob; 01-02-2012 at 05:37 AM..