star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to star2000shadow Send a message via MSN to star2000shadow

Old 12-24-2011, 01:09 AM

Day 0,

Dear Journal, did you know We have a new train station? I was so excited when i managed to get a Ticket to ride the Spirit of Calesco. Such a magnificent train if there ever was. with all the gold bits shining, done up in a fresh coat of paint. and ohh how the children frolic on the platform darting to and fro. possibly worrying their mother's to bits. above the name of the train is a large Star..
just like on my ticket. its just the most wonderful thing really. when casting ones eye's around there's so much to see.
the ticket seller, the train Watch men who keep track of the time so the train leaves on schedule.
the weather even seems determined to be perfect as well with only a mild wind up in arms. it's positively breath taking.
now your going to think im silly, but as i was looking into every nook and cranny of the train station to explain it to you. i got myself lost. isn't that just like me?
one minute im fallowing some signs..
and then i turned a corner or two and hadn't a clue where i was. i was just lucky the watch man had been using the restrooms i ended up near as he lead me back to the plat form. i'll have to remember to thank him. he told me about the history of the new train. or maybe that was the hopes. apparently it has never been possible to go over the Mountains until now. I'll miss Menewasha central station but I know I'll have a blast while gone. Any ways journal, Im glad i packed extra tissues. you never know. and with as cold as the air is and my habit of opening windows when over heated i might just need them .. or the poor person who rooms with me might. I should perhaps describe some more but at the moment im at a total lack of words. maybe I'll add on to you. after all i have a full trip ahead of me.

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to star2000shadow Send a message via MSN to star2000shadow

Old 12-24-2011, 08:31 AM

Day 1: Garland

Barking woke me early the next morning, Groggily and unfocused I stumbled from my bunk rubbing at my eyes reaching for my house coat I pulled it off the chair it rested on, the pocket Caught on the edge of the chair and The only warning i had was a Tearing Sound. Closing my eyes i counted to ten as irritation flared. well that's what i got for being in a rush. Heading out into the train itself i look out the window. the sounds of the sea, seagull's in the air greeted me. I had heard the story of the lovers. and i knew this was the best area to 'tie the knot' as my mother always hints. not that I'll ever be a bride not my style.. and even though I wouldn't marry i did Intend to visit the grave of the Lost Lovers. and maybe leave a gold coin as a token for good luck. when i moved to the other side of the car, inside my room and looked out that window i could see farms as we passed them by going into the town. From school I knew this area of menewasha was farm lands. I also knew to avoid the forest's that popped up in pockets through out the area. didn't need to get lost on my first trip now did I?

Getting dressed, the Exhilaration of the journey had yet to wear off, and i rushed out to one of the cars with an exit. when the train came to a stop I bound off, as excitable as a school girl who's had far to much sugar for her own good. I also planned on visiting Garland's pretty chapel, located on a small island in the center of the lake, where the groom of the legend had supposedly stood awaiting his bride when her bridal barge was struck. As i Walked through the city i absently tied a knot, later that day, around the poinsettia's I had bought from a lady selling them. Planning on placing them on the grave of the two lovers. asking directions i went to the grave and placed them down, then straightened. it was such a sad thought, but They where side by side in death as they had not had the chance to be in life. moving off to the side, i heard the sound of Dice being shaken in a wooden cup and went to investigate. after all what was a trip without a bit of a riddle to it? I found two Grave worker's playing a game. and smiled tentatively. murmuring a soft "hello."

Then heading on my way i headed back into the town. I passed an older couple and dimly heard a question i used to have trouble with. "Why is a Raven like a writing desk." and before i could stop myself i answered the Riddle. "Because they both have Quill's." I winced. I shouldn't go solving other people's Riddles. I was startled when the man, an elderly gentlemen turned to me with a bright smile. "your right." It was definitively MY surprise when i was handed.. of all things a soft teddy bear.. well two. they where a 'wedding' pair. a bride and a groom. a momentum I suppose, of my visit to the wedding 'capital' of Menewasha. I spent the rest of the day wandering and, avoiding the small Menewshan Black cow, seeing as i assumed where The cows where the bulls would be also. I'd heard they were feisty!
Then I made my tired way back to the train for supper, calming down after my trip all around and then headed off to bed. and I STILL forgot to have my robe fixed.
good thing i packed a sewing kit.

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal

Old 12-27-2011, 03:56 AM

Day 2, Reinsend

At 2:45PM we rolled into Reinsend, lunch was awesome, I even Helped the cooks in the car bake something. well it was SUPPOSED to be a chocolate Volcano. they where teaching me how to make it. it.. didn't exactly turn out that way it was more like a lump of charred cake mix. it didn't help matters, or my pride, that they said it happens to everyone. and yet one of them, having been making the same thing had a proper volcano cake. guess it just proves I am so not a cook.
I went back to my room to finish an art project i was doing for a friend and realized i was out of glue. meaning I'd have to take a trip into Reinsend and get it as well as a pencil, and while i was at it a post card. who doesn't love post cards? especially one with a picture of the evergreens we passed coming up the mountain.
So i grabbed my Coat, my pouch, which i placed on my hip, and headed out to explore Reinsend.

as I moved through the village I saw transportation form Sleigh's to Sleds and Carriages pulled by horses or reindeer, did you know The village of Reinsend has long been known for its domestication of the reindeer that inhabit this part of the island? I didn't One of the Village people had to tell me this. they also like carrots as i found out the hard way ..when i caused a stamped by reindeer. it was an accident i had the bucket with carrots on one arm.. and they just.. got a little to excited. of course it didn't help when a kid had thrown a firecracker into the bonfires they do At this time of year in a celebration with bonfires and dancing and a festival they call the Sleigh Parade.
I also took pictures. TONS of pictures and was warned to Beware the encounter of the "invisible cows". but.. really those couldn't possibly be real. could they? i know for a full day, of half not believing and half believing i moved slowly and carefully. i was so intent on avoiding the 'Invisible cows' i stepped onto the end of a rake, the part with the 'teeth' for raking and got the wooden handle slamming into my shoulder.

but we did stay for the Parade. which was awesome watching Horses and Reindeer trot along the street with people, my group included, lining both sides of the street cheering and having a good time as marvelous sleds, sleighs, and Carriages where driven down the center of the road for us to ooh and aww over. I'd have to say i had Fun here and i got a TON of cards, and, instead of one pencil i bought a package. as well as a couple bottles of glue just to be safe. didn't want to run out at the next stop now did i? i can't wait. I've always loved dragons since I was a child. perhaps I'll sight one.

Iro
Lurker

Event Coordinator
Send a message via AIM to Iro

Old 12-27-2011, 08:44 AM

Hello, star2000shadow. :D

You seem to have missed a required task for Stop 2, "take a picture with small animal". As a penalty, you are required to add these requirements to your entry(s) for Stop 3: Icy Peaks.

Words: - Harp, scrunch, down
Tasks: - Trapped in a box

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal

Old 12-29-2011, 04:21 PM

Day 3 - 6, Icy Peaks:

Travelling further southwest our train slowed to a near crawl. halfway up the Mountain I felt..well Banal, I'd done everything on the train, and the trip seemed to Crawl by. I couldn't wait until we'd reached Icey Peaks. Not even the sounds of someone playing the Harp in one of the passenger Coaches eased my boredom. at one point i found myself in of all places the cooks storage coach. the sound of something clawing at the side of something else reached my ears and, curiosity being one of my worse traits, i went to find out what it was.. a mouse had gotten trapped in a box. taking pity on the little thing i took it back to my room to feed it. I gave it some pretzels and could hear the Crunch through out my small 'room'. when we reached Icey peaks I released it outside so that it could run off and find somewhere else to live rather then on a train with a cat that would eat it.

Taking a hike through the mountains a bit from the Village, I scrunched down as I spotted a dragon flying overhead. my heart in my throat i watched the creature soar through the air. of course later in the day, running through the town, i hit a patch of ice and slammed into someones stall me, it, and the items inside went flying to the ground as i heard something break i knew i'd be paying Solatium to the shop keep. if i thought my shame ended there one of the NPC's of Mene scolded me. then again they where right, in a city that had ice everywhere i shouldn't of been running. Still that didn't keep me from exploring the town. though when my foot broke through some moldy boarding on a home on the very edge of the village, long abandoned, i felt a bit sheepish.

When it was time to leave, i realized just how haywire my room was. it was like a goblin had gotten in it and torn everything out left and right. so for a few horus before we where due to leave i straightened my room up.

Iro
Lurker

Event Coordinator
Send a message via AIM to Iro

Old 12-30-2011, 12:32 PM

Hello again. :)

It seems you have missed the required word, "sculpture" and "use of duct tape" task for Stop 3.
As a penalty, these are your added requirements to be included in your entry for Stop 4: Saint's Pole.

Words: - Garlic, shove, peppermint, fiery
Tasks: - Play an instrument, cut something

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal

Old 01-03-2012, 07:27 AM

Day 6 - 28th Saint's Pole

We left Icy Peaks after break feast and had lunch on board the train. They had Garlic bread and a nice peppermint Tea. and I read a book On Dragons I had bought. did you know they are Fiery in temperament? then again i guess it's not so surprising. I'd be Irascible to if people kept bugging me to. and did you know dragons where pictured as bad guys in some fables? But really I can't wait. I plan on giving my hand at Making a Toy. which shouldn't be to hard.. right?

When we reached Saint's Pole I got off the train and wandered around taking in the different artisans clever wares i plan on buying and or Making a toy. which could be fun. of course it could of come out clearer then it did. finding someone to help me build a toy was fun. i even found and put on a hat which i really liked. it was a light brown with some white stripe going around it. so of course i had to buy a vest, and gloves and scarf to match. I explored the edges of the village and ended up twisting my ankle and then telling the story of how i did so to the Nurse and doctor looking it over. but luckily i didn't break anything. could of been worse, i could of broke it so i consider it hitting a jackpot that i didn't.

of course entering one store i was shoved out of the way as someone rushed in to buy something or other. but then it is that time of year and people are in a rush to get loved ones gifts. even AFTER the holidays. of course i kind of got lost when i entered an instruments shop and Played one of their instruments. my favorite is the violin. but when i heard a real master play i got a bit Lachrymose. then again a person who can play such a beautiful song deserves a few tearful eye's in the group of people listening to them. all though no one minded me getting a bit tearful, err the screech a whistle gave off probably did annoy a few people. okay so i knew i shouldn't of tried THAT instrument. leaving that store i continued on my explorations.

I walked around some more after buying myself a few Jelly Donuts. then again i know someone with Jelly in their name. which i think is just interesting.
using a Calculator i estimated the exact amount, and Cut some wrapping paper for a gift i was making for a friend, the.. toy I made. hopefully the friend likes it. and then it was back to the train. i was kind of sad to leave Saint's Pole. its a rather nice place to live.

----------

(I'll wait to do stop 5 until someones commented on this one)

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal

Old 01-03-2012, 06:46 PM

Day 10 - 1st: Rochelle Harbor

Leaving Saint's Pole late this morning, after a hearty breakfast,the length of the ride was rather long, but the scenery was Breath taking. especially when you came down from the mountains, and onto the southern plains. as we reached the Coast of Rochelle Harbor I couldn't wait to get out and explore. I'm told The Sugarplum Village will be there, and that it's worth a look see. though i have been warned that places, such as the marshes of the area tend to Inundate. but I know im going to be careful. as i REALLY don't need marsh water on my clothes. specially my new outfit.

once at Rochelle i ran into a rather Acerbic individual, but then again i just think they where trying to get their point across. i did kind of bump into their cart.
I tried my had at baking some sweets while there but could of defiantly used a hand Ameliorating the item. it came out kind of.. lopsided. but hey i didn't burn it like i did the volcano cake. as i Explored i almost ended up going body first into a marsh I'd been exploring that had a 'drop off point'. to say i was rather startled.. was an understatement. I about had a heart attack. well not a real one but it sure wouldn't of surprised me to have one.

I found the Marshes all made a sort of Hive Like decoration, of course when you explore there are dangers. seeing as i ended up disturbing a Hive and was chased by its inhabitants, i jumped off the edge of a cliff into some water to escape them. but managed to get stung anyways. a few days into our stay there and i found out I was Infected by a disease..
Something or other the name eludes me. but i do know i ended up having to get a body modification, I lost my left arm. but the one they put in its place. well that works almost like my normal one. on the new years when we celebrated i consumed fancy beverage. and stayed up until midnight. soon we'll be making our way home, so i suppose that marks this the Final 'chapter' in my book.