zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 10-18-2014, 01:07 PM

Ooh! Clariel! I got that early at Comic Con and had it signed by Garth Nix. I have yet to actually start reading it though. >.> I also got a free signed copy of Sabriel but I'm honestly not quite sure what to do with it. I already have the box set and this one is a different size. I wonder if maybe I could sell it?

Connielass
Queen of Nutcases

Old 10-18-2014, 06:56 PM

In case you guys didn't know about it, there's also Across the Wall: A Tale of the Abhorsen and Other Stories.

ClockReject
(^・o・^)ノ”

Penpal

Old 10-18-2014, 10:14 PM

I've been thinking about reading Sabriel

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 10-19-2014, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connielass View Post
In case you guys didn't know about it, there's also Across the Wall: A Tale of the Abhorsen and Other Stories.
I have that one. I plan on reading it after I go back through the rest of the series. ^_^

Whisper Invictus
is in your head.

Penpal

Old 10-19-2014, 01:58 AM

-has never posted here-

I'm currently reading The Maze Runner.

I wonder, does fanfic count as books/pages? Because I've read more than a healthy share of that this year........

Connielass
Queen of Nutcases

Old 10-19-2014, 02:49 AM

I'm going to wait until Clariel is out in paperback to read it. Right now I'm on book 4 of the Remaining series, Fractured.

Whisper Invictus
is in your head.

Penpal

Old 10-19-2014, 02:59 AM

Oooh, I actually heard about The Remaining series! Is it good? (I'm assuming so, because you're on book 4, but thought I'd ask). I haven't read a post-plague "end of the world" book in a while...

Connielass
Queen of Nutcases

Old 10-19-2014, 04:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisper Invictus View Post
Oooh, I actually heard about The Remaining series! Is it good? (I'm assuming so, because you're on book 4, but thought I'd ask). I haven't read a post-plague "end of the world" book in a while...
The beginning of book 1 is kinda slow. Setting up the plot and all.. feels kind of like that Will Smith movie, where he's all alone at the end of the world? I forget the name of it, but yeah. Once it gets moving, though, you're in for a ride! I definitely recommend it! With some of the terminology used, I sometimes wonder if the author is retired military, but I haven't bothered to look it up yet. It looks like book 5 is in the works as we speak, so it's going to be excruciating waiting between this one and that. I'm so glad I bought 3 and 4 at the same time, because book 3 ends on SUCH a cliffhanger!

Also: if you decide you like The Remaining, try out Grunt Life: A Task Force Ombra novel, by Weston Ochse. Mr. Ochse actually IS military, still on active duty at last update. The book isn't really post-apocalyptic, but at the same time, it is. A group of military personnel are recruited for the special mission of stopping an alien invasion. I don't know whether he's planning on writing more, because Grunt Life ended on a sort of cliffhanger as well, but there's nothing coming up when I look up the author on either GoodReads or B&N. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places.

Last edited by Connielass; 10-19-2014 at 04:09 AM..

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 10-19-2014, 04:05 AM

Sounds interesting but I probably won't pick it up until the series is finished. Any ideas how many books there will be total?

ClockReject
(^・o・^)ノ”

Penpal

Old 10-19-2014, 04:14 AM

I've read all of the Maze Runner series~

Connielass
Queen of Nutcases

Old 10-19-2014, 04:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zigbigadorlube View Post
Sounds interesting but I probably won't pick it up until the series is finished. Any ideas how many books there will be total?
No idea at all. I don't think the author even knows. But I have just confirmed for myself that Mr. Ochse is wrapping up book 2 of the Task Force Ombra series, Grunt Traitor, which is, according to his blog, due out January 1. Also you should check out Seal Team 666, also written by Weston Ochse. Apparently at least one of the novels in this series will be made into a movie. Ochse's website confirms that Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson has been linked to one of the characters in the book.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 10-19-2014, 12:33 PM

@ Clock: What did you think of the third book?

@ Connie: Are those other series also post-apocalyptic? I've been looking for some good post-apocalyptic books.

Connielass
Queen of Nutcases

Old 10-19-2014, 05:34 PM

Seal Team 666 is not so much post-apocalyptic. It's an undercover team that gets rid of the bad guys behind the scenes, so to speak. I haven't gotten into it myself, but if you're like me, with the need to read a book before it becomes famous when the movie comes out....

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 10-19-2014, 07:36 PM

I usually read the book before watching the movie but at the same time I rent a lot of movies so it wouldn't bother me too much if I didn't read ur before the movie comes out.

ClockReject
(^・o・^)ノ”

Penpal

Old 10-20-2014, 12:29 AM

Zig; The Death Cure or The Kill Order?

Whisper Invictus
is in your head.

Penpal

Old 10-20-2014, 12:33 AM

I read half of the Maze Runner and then went to watch the movie. Now I'm trying to finish the rest of the book. This was a marvelous idea...

ClockReject
(^・o・^)ノ”

Penpal

Old 10-20-2014, 12:43 AM

I was pretty okay with the movie.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 10-20-2014, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClockReject View Post
Zig; The Death Cure or The Kill Order?
Uh... Are there multiple book threes?

Connielass
Queen of Nutcases

Old 10-20-2014, 01:36 AM

< has no interest in the Mazerunner.

I was talking with a friend last night about books, and the ones I'm looking forward to. I started talking about how I've got a list of books I can't wait to read, which aren't published yet. She gave me a weird look.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 10-20-2014, 01:47 AM

The first one looked interesting to me but then I recieved a sampler for the third book and couldn't stand it so in the end I never did read the first book. The movie trailer does make it seem interesting though.

ClockReject
(^・o・^)ノ”

Penpal

Old 10-20-2014, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zigbigadorlube View Post
Uh... Are there multiple book threes?
I wasn't sure if you meant the last book as in the third book or the book in the last one he published in the series which was the kill order, aha.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 10-20-2014, 01:58 AM

Oooh, so yeah, what did you think of the third Maze Runner book?

Whisper Invictus
is in your head.

Penpal

Old 10-21-2014, 01:58 AM

I wish I read more often. I'm reading the Maze Runner because my friend practically threw it at me and said "READ THIS!!D:<"

So I did.

And on that note, there are only a few writers I will actively search out new releases from. Like Sherilyn Kenyon's novels. I basically have a newsletter for her site.

I need more books to read though. Give me suggestions!

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 10-21-2014, 02:04 AM

Uuuuh, what to suggest? I've been reading a lot of long series, crappy free books from Comic Con, and French books. I can't think of good things to suggest. V_V

Whisper Invictus
is in your head.

Penpal

Old 10-21-2014, 02:17 AM

I read a ton of Fanfic, so it's okay I have a hard time suggesting books to people (or for that matter, letting others know what I'm reading when they ask the "What are you reading?" question.. which you can't just reply "Oh, just some fanfic" )
<< that didn't make since ignore

I have the Remaining series on my to-do list now, so I'm hoping our library has them, or I'll have to put in a request.