poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...
Send a message via AIM to poet`s playground Send a message via Yahoo to poet`s playground

Old 02-27-2009, 05:19 AM

What's wrong about them? I like them a lot; I like the shape more than here, probably.

Jennifer
High fives are pretty great!

Old 02-27-2009, 05:22 AM

Can't really answer that for you. I just...don't like them. Compared to other avatars, they're just very different from my liking.

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...
Send a message via AIM to poet`s playground Send a message via Yahoo to poet`s playground

Old 02-27-2009, 05:25 AM

So... just arbitrary standards, then. OK. Cause I was going to say really, it doesn't seem like there's anything wrong with them, but apparently there are some people who strongly dislike them.

Wordstreamer
Nifty Fairy of the North
Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Wordstreamer

Old 02-27-2009, 05:28 AM

I really like the avatar bases--well, not the eyes or mouths so much, but they're alright--and a lot of the items. But I have a difficult time trying to find a conversation, etc. on there. I think I may quit eventually and use my items to get art of my other avis. It's a shame--I really like the sun and moon, the dragonfly wings.... Some of their commons... A few other things, but specifically those.

Jaejoong ah
(-.-)zzZ

Old 02-27-2009, 05:32 AM

I just don't like the skin tone of the avatars on Kinsaki. The colour isn't very even and its pastey looking in my opinion almost. I think if the colour was cleaned up a bit like Menewsha or even on Gaia I'd like it better as far as avatars go.

Though like most sites I'm kind of blah afraid to chat some I don't meet very many people on places which is why I don't get attached to lots of places. I'm always afraid to do something wrong and people on Kinsaki seem mean.

Poet I love your user name btw ; w;

Jennifer

Old 02-27-2009, 05:32 AM

I suppose you could say that. They just don't appeal to me.

It does seem rather slow on that site. But I have found a few people to converse with in the hangouts. Of course though, I already know them on here. So it's much easier to just drop right in.

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 02-27-2009, 05:33 AM

I made my own thread there, although it doesn't seem to get much activity when the PA regulars aren't around as much. But it's active at what I feel is a pretty reasonable rate, haha.

Vickicat
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to Vickicat Send a message via MSN to Vickicat Send a message via Yahoo to Vickicat

Old 02-27-2009, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
I actually remember someone making a topic that questioned the avatars. I knew the moment that I signed up where the avatars came from. A lot of people wouldn't have noticed, since SoA wasn't very well known at all. I don't think the topic lasted too long. I believe it was locked and even trashed. .___.
It may very well have been my topic. o_o; Though I don't remember mine being locked, but it could have been and I just didn't know it. I just know the artist got mad at me for bringing up SOA because she had some issue with it or whatever... And it was like, how am I supposed to know? It's not my fault that I recognized the art and thought the site might have something to do with the other. I don't know people's personal problems. If it wasn't my topic, it may have been a later one that got locked for being a repeat of my topic. And I have noticed that they lock an awful lot of threads, it is frustrating because one day every single topic I clicked on turned out to be locked, and they don't even have a way of showing that something is locked until after you bother clicking on it, it's very frustrating. I haven't had any real issues on that site though other than the artist not being nice when I made that topic. I actually ended up talking to one of the mods there on Gaia and found out she lives near me and goes to the same college as one of my friends. She seems nice, though I don't know her all that well. I am wondering if the site will change or improve now that there is a new owner.

Jennifer

Old 02-27-2009, 06:03 AM

That very well could have been. Well now, it's always nice to run into people like that. After posting a shop in the exchange there, my first reply was from someone on staff -- and he seemed quite polite. Since browsing the site these last few hours though, I've managed to laugh a good deal at some people. Tonight wasn't the right night for me to go back, haha. I've ran into a lot of dimwitted people. :XD

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 02-27-2009, 03:38 PM

It will be interesting to see how Kinsaki fairs now that it's rid of Josh, hopefully this woman who's bought it isn't as mercenary as him and actually cares about her investment. I don't like the bases, they're too skinny, they make me think of Gollum, and the eyes are horrible. Either slitty and suspicious-looking or totally over-sized and ugly. The hair's nice though.

The place has never recovered from "The Crash" though, their online numbers were the same as ours before that, they're usually trailing along at about a third of ours on most days now.

Jennifer

Old 02-27-2009, 04:18 PM

There we go! That's a comparison I like, haha! Gollum. And you're right, now that you mention it, that's what they remind me of. :XD

Guivre
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to Guivre Send a message via Yahoo to Guivre

Old 02-27-2009, 04:49 PM

Lol ... what's up with Josh and avatar site hopping?

I can't get past the avatar creation menu to register, so no Kinsaki for me. I doubt I'm missing out.

Jennifer

Old 02-27-2009, 05:02 PM

He just creates them, gets them going, then sells out it seems.

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 02-27-2009, 08:10 PM

Yeah; that's just ridiculous, but if the sites are OK in terms of the people there and everything then I tend to be all right with it.

Leela
(◎_◎;)
Send a message via Yahoo to Leela

Old 02-27-2009, 08:13 PM

I am glad it was bought and hope to see it thrive with the new owner.
LOL...Gollum..I never thought of that XD

Kinsaki has need new eyes for a long time and a better posting system.

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 02-27-2009, 08:21 PM

Yeah; the eyes are the one thing that bother me about the avatars. They need more colors, at the very least. But I like the avatar system, and I like how when you're posting a reply to a thread, you can see the busts of the avatars in the post review. But I hope it will be better under new management as well.

Leela
(◎_◎;)

Old 02-27-2009, 08:29 PM

I hope the Vday items come out soon too XD

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 02-27-2009, 08:29 PM

Oh yeah, that would be nice XD.

Vickicat
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to Vickicat Send a message via MSN to Vickicat Send a message via Yahoo to Vickicat

Old 02-27-2009, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellysundae View Post
It will be interesting to see how Kinsaki fairs now that it's rid of Josh, hopefully this woman who's bought it isn't as mercenary as him and actually cares about her investment. I don't like the bases, they're too skinny, they make me think of Gollum, and the eyes are horrible. Either slitty and suspicious-looking or totally over-sized and ugly. The hair's nice though.

The place has never recovered from "The Crash" though, their online numbers were the same as ours before that, they're usually trailing along at about a third of ours on most days now.
The eyes were my boyfriend's main excuse for not joining that site, LOL. He thought they were ugly too, and he complained that the slitty eyes looked like they were making fun of Asian people. I'm sure that's not the intent, and I was surprised he was actually offended by it, but it's true that the eyes aren't that great and there need to be more eye options.

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 02-27-2009, 10:18 PM

They wouldn't have been making fun of Asians as Josh is Asian, they're just slitty and suspicious looking xD

But seeing as they're another sites bases anyway it's kind of a moot point.

Leela
(◎_◎;)

Old 02-28-2009, 02:14 AM

Maybe the bases are by the same artist? My SoA base looks different enough from my Kinsaki one. The eyes are also completely different. The hands are different too.

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 02-28-2009, 02:23 AM

They are by the same artist, that's a well know fact :) and DAMN! the Soarca items are very badly pixeled! I hope that hat and slippers are old, because even I can pixel better than that :sweat:

Jennifer

Old 02-28-2009, 05:03 AM

Well they're quite very similar, so even without being told, I know they're from the same artist.

Oh jelly, jelly, jelly. :lol:

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 02-28-2009, 05:06 AM

Yeah; they look like the same artist but not exactly the same bases. *shrugs*

I don't really care if everything isn't perfectly pixeled... if the thinking of the staff and all and the way that they interact with the users and everything is good, then I'm more likely to stay even if the pixelling is really crappy.

Wordstreamer
Nifty Fairy of the North
Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Wordstreamer

Old 03-07-2009, 06:03 AM

I like their items this month. The wind flute reminds me more of a wand than a flute--but that's still cool. :O A little irritated that they released four instead of two again.... D: The last time was the slippers, but still. Hard to get them all. *grumbles* That's what games are for...