AutumnLenore

Old 10-07-2009, 08:22 PM

exactally lol

Dejae
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to Dejae

Old 10-07-2009, 09:22 PM

I've never really like the gaia avatars, but I use the site to keep up with my friends at college.

La Pamplemousse

Old 10-08-2009, 12:53 AM

I just quit Gaia and im glad i did because im sick of my avi always looking like a child playing dress up. ^_^

Bunneh Bear
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-08-2009, 03:54 AM

lol
I've thought that before too.

Saiyouri
Dead Account Holder

Old 10-08-2009, 05:08 AM

I only log into my account once a day now to check my fishies that i have left and see if anything interesting is going on. I used to have a thread I would post to on a normal occassion and now it is being taken over by the retards who just posted two days ago and the ones I really want to talk to never post anymore and might of moved to another thread that I just don't know about. I hate that. Its a support thread and these people posting don't need support for anything, and here I am posting cause I would like feedback and support for myself with things I am going through, but I can't cause the newbs don't care and think they are the ones with problems and no one else has them at all. ; ; Gaia is really changing for the bad and I hope it changes for the good soon. So I didn't waste all that money on donating to them just for nothing.

Miiyako
call me Spencer

Old 10-08-2009, 08:43 PM

It started off as the opposite for me. When I first made an account on here, I thought the avatars were kinda ugly, but I figured "Okay, I'll try it and see if I like it." But now that I've grown used to it, I can't help but think about how stumpy the Gaia avatars look. It's kinda weird. I think i like Menewsha avis more.

Kinta Kitsune
Master

Old 10-08-2009, 09:26 PM

The mene avi's have necks xP

Micki Chiba
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Micki Chiba Send a message via MSN to Micki Chiba Send a message via Yahoo to Micki Chiba

Old 10-13-2009, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fading Existence View Post
@Micki: There really is a Chinese version Gaia? I remember seeing a thread about it in the Q&A from someone who was asking about a Chinese verification code...but I put it off as suspicious because the people who've responded to the thread all said they've never heard of a Chinese version Gaia at all before. I'll bet if there really is one, it must've took them ages to get everything properly translated.

After joining Menewsha I thought, "Wow, I have a neck!", and when I went back to Gaia for a bit, I was all, "Nuuu, where did my neck go DD:" as well as, "Ew, my legs are so fat." >_>;;
Agreed. I got this from the GCD when I was on Gaiaonline. Gonline (the Chinese verison of Gaia) is alot like your site but a little differences. I have to user a tranulator on to talk these over there.;)

Confection
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-13-2009, 10:09 PM

I just joined Menewsha yesterday, and I'm already liking Menewsha more than Gaia.
I've been a loyal member of gaia for six years, but I really needed a change. I took a break from gaia, and then the next time I logged on I noticed that the prices on items went WAY UP. It takes so long to just save up for one item. And I'm not going to spend real money on pixels just to make my avatar look nice. Menewsha's items are priced much nicer. :'D

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 10-13-2009, 11:16 PM

Taking a break from anywhere means you'll come back to a price hike, sadly. Though it's not all bad if you have items that you want to sell. :yes:

Shooga!
*^_^*
Banned

Old 10-14-2009, 02:06 PM

Well as I have said before I don't have a gaia page but my sister does and I have noticed that, the gaia avatars are not as well pixelated as the ones on mene.

3vil Ducki3
Siren

Old 10-26-2009, 03:09 AM

I was lured in by the pretty avatars that were advertised in Facebook. I've been a member on gaia since 2004 and although I'm still semi-active on the site, I like the change from there to here. Only thing is making gold to purchase items isn't has easy (that and a longer naked period lol)

katyasha
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-26-2009, 03:12 PM

I like this place because there is no #chan raids. Trust me those are not fun at all of them invading a site and spamming things from cute animal to well really bad stuff.

Iishii
Witch of the Winds, Water and Li...

Old 10-26-2009, 04:54 PM

Gaia's avas are a little outdated (well, the normal human skins, I s'ppose). I don't dare venture into GD or even SF because of the pure drama emanating from there. e___e;; Chatterbox, NO. So I pretty much hang out in the Charities/Quests thread, some Minishops and mostly Gaia Aquarium forums (since my mule has a full 17-Watermeat tank).

I like this place (and Solia) better then Gaia for the atmosphere, the no bumping rules and I love being reminded of how hard it is to earn gold here. XD And I'm a Gaian of '04.

Vickyll3
Multi Media
Penpal

Old 10-27-2009, 01:10 AM

Lol I think the avatars are cute lol I like my big head.
They only thing I don't enjoy anymore is the forums, make my head hurt now.
I like how didn't the avatars look compared to this site. Even though I like how this site look more real.

But every ones options are different.

JaydedTearz
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to JaydedTearz Send a message via MSN to JaydedTearz Send a message via Yahoo to JaydedTearz

Old 10-27-2009, 01:38 AM

I was lured in by the FB advertisements as well. I've been on gaia the past year and a half, maybe?...i think. anyways. One of the things i first noticed about Mene vs. Gaia was the amount of customization you can do with your character just starting out.. it's like "you want a pale white/zombie/corpse body?...ok go for it, but you'll be naked! o.o" and i love the hair. I love not having to spend a lot of $$ just to change my hairstyles or eyes >.>

The chibi look of gaia's av's dont bother me.. it was what attracted me to the site (and zomg) in the first place. I dont travel outside guilds much except to check out the aquarium threads. and if i post it's usually in an rp guild.

akinmytua
Dead Account Holder

Old 10-27-2009, 12:17 PM

I think gaia has become, for me, feed fish, check pm's, leave. I feel bad because I worked so hard... but it just go so crazy! I used to go to towns and collect bugs, then make ink, then sell tatoos to make money. Now that's nothing!

I like the designs of the avis here better. They are so much more detailed!

About the chinese gaia... I looked at it... I wanna join it! It's so pretty! Even the NPC's are cuter! Oh, that's the only problem I've had with Mene, "who the heck are these NPC's?" I looked at them and thought, "ooh, pretty..." I wish I could fins their back story. It's here somewhere right? Can some rediect me to that?

I'm suprised how many gaians are joining here. That makes me a little worried. Gaia went crazy when a bunch of new people joined... I hope the same doesn't happen here...

Tre Le Coco

Old 10-28-2009, 04:44 AM

You can read the backstory for most of our NPC's here;
http://www.menewsha.com/forum/main/i...npc-guide.html

Escapist
Paradise Seeker

Old 10-28-2009, 05:13 AM

I've been a member of gaia since 2003 (i think...). I remember thinking that gaia was the sh*t, but then I got bored with it after a while. Didn't log on for two years, then came back and created like 3 more accounts, then got bored with it again. Then I saw the add for menewsha on facebook yesterday and liked the graphics so I came to check it out and LOVE the graphics and the look of the avatars soooo much more than Gaia. :heart:

Rosamond
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-01-2009, 07:41 AM

Gaia's avatars have big heads because they are supposed to be chibi. I think they are cute. The avatars on here have big heads too but they are also cute. I don't really want a super realistic avatar anyways.

RetroTV
*^_^*

Old 11-03-2009, 09:56 AM

The heads are pretty large, and the bodies aren't great. It would be nice to have them redo hands so they don't look so doofy when you hold something. ^^;

Erailea
Lost soul

Old 11-03-2009, 04:08 PM

Ya, on gaia the hands look more like gloves than actual hands, the fingers kind of seem webbed XP And that far hand always looks stupid when holding stuff because it's not actually grasping anything, it just sits open with the item your "holding" under it

Evetwo
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-05-2009, 12:49 PM

The only thing I notice when I compare my Menewsha avatar to my Gaia avatar is that Menewsha avatars look freaking anorexic. I hate that! It's why I didn't join this site for so long. Kind of getting used to it now, but meh... I really, really don't like it when online sites make everyone look like waifs.

Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa
is full of flavor

Old 11-05-2009, 02:49 PM

I was also lured in by the the Facebook ad and it was a month or so after quitting Gaia. My first time seeing the avatars here I went "Whoa! Skinny.." :P
After being on here for a few weeks though I'm very used to it and after seeing a Gaia avatar on Tektek they looked totally weird to me. They have big heads and pretty much no neck.
I'm sure it's all just a matter of getting used to them though.

Sizzla
Gangsta Biatch
Send a message via AIM to Sizzla

Old 11-05-2009, 04:53 PM

:lol: Having a neck was one of the selling points of Mene avatars to me. That and they seem more realistic...