BellyButton

Assistant Administrator

Old 06-24-2014, 07:06 AM

Ugh! I'm frustrated that my miis are not making new relationship connections lately. Aside from Ned Flanders, who keeps hitting on Christina Aguilera and failing miserably, my miis are all being quite hermity. Two of the new people still haven't even met anyone yet. Def not going to add that many at once ever again.

I did drive to a hotspot and filled up my streetpasses over the weekend. Alas, nary a visitor. :( I guess the person I pass has to also have a child out travelling the world, and seeing as the game is pretty new and I had the baby on the first possible day for me, there may not be a lot of people who do yet.

You have yet another hat, Elirona! This time it's a rasta hat since that's the only one I had & I'd just spent all my money on rooms when you requested a change. It looks rather smashing with your pineapple shirt. xD

Elirona
Giant butt

Penpal

Old 06-27-2014, 05:05 PM

You and obama had a fight, but you managed to patch things up! yay. :3

BellyButton

Assistant Administrator

Old 06-27-2014, 06:30 PM

What was it over, I wonder? Foreign policy? His failure to free Leonard Peltier?

I'm still short on news, except that Betty White and Frodo Baggins are now an item. I've contemplated kicking a couple residents out to see if it helps increase the frequency of interactions between folks, but I would feel bad doing that now after having fed these little guys and helped them sneeze all week.

Also, no luck getting my darn dock-squatters (have two of them now) to actually leave town yet. The other day I realized there was a software update I'd neglected to notice, so I've got that now. Maybe Streetpass things will start moving at last?

Elirona
Giant butt

Penpal

Old 07-03-2014, 08:41 PM

My island has been really busy! I've been introducing new islanders left and right. There are five married couple already, and my mii and Samus Aran have had a baby named Bentley! They didn't pick any good names, so I just gave up and let them name the baby Bentley. The babysitting minigame where you have to rock the baby is super hard. I'm really bad at it.

Obama tried to propose to you today Belly, but he failed because I wasn't paying enough attention and pressed the prompt at the wrong time. :( Poor Obama.

BellyButton

Assistant Administrator

Old 07-03-2014, 08:51 PM

I am awful at baby-rocking too. It seems a little easier when they're toddlers (the tickle/peek-a-boo thing), though some babies seem to be more difficult than others - Thor and Brienne's kid was nearly inconsolable and I had to just give up a couple times.

@ Obama. I totally botched one proposal by clicking on a train twice and then a hot dog. It was so sad, and hilarious.

Your mii is still single. I feel like I probably need to add some new faces at this point if I want some of these guys to ever pair up with anyone, since maybe it's a compatibility problem (nobody left that they would be interested in).

How many islanders do you have in total now?

edit: Betty White decided that she didn't want to be married anymore and dumped Frodo. Poor hobbit! xD

Elirona
Giant butt

Penpal

Old 07-03-2014, 09:35 PM

Betty White is her own woman!

The tickling baby minigame is super easy. I literally just poke the baby until it stops crying. :P
It's funny because I had Obama propose to you at the train station! Your mii thought about my boyfriend, the train, and...nothing at all. :P I clicked on a blank one!

I believe there are 35 miis living on my island now! It's about an even split between males and females; I think there is one more male than there is female.

Elirona
Giant butt

Penpal

Old 07-08-2014, 02:05 AM

My mii's child finally got old enough to move out. I let him travel the world! A couple days after, the other married couples on the island decided to ask me if they should all have babies. I was happy, because I was curious if they were also going to have children.

BellyButton

Assistant Administrator

Old 07-08-2014, 02:47 AM

Mine have finally started mingling again, thank goodness. I have a couple new couples, and my old couples are finally asking to have another kid. Also, finally Streetpassed someone with the game, so my first free child has left the island at last! And I got a nice shipment of monkey hats in return.

One of my new couples is my sister and this guy I regularly pick up on Streetpass at the grocery store (and he just got the game too, woohoo), still not sure which person he is IRL - my plan is to release their baby into the wild in hopes that he picks it up at his island and wonders what horrible things I've been doing to him, ha ha.

I have.. other news. Your mii finally found a mate that he can stand.. It's "Fred Flanders," one of my alternative-gendered citizens. No wedding bells for them yet, but I'll keep you posted. ;D

edit: wow, I said "finally" a lot.

Last edited by BellyButton; 07-08-2014 at 02:49 AM..

Elirona
Giant butt

Penpal

Old 07-08-2014, 11:18 PM

I'm happy with Fred Flanders. :P I went on another Mii adding spree; some of the highlights are the entire cast of Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Finn and Princess Bubblegum, Japanese Link, Mario, and Luigi. :P Princess Peach has already been a resident on my island for a while. She's been married to one of my...ugly miis. There haven't been a lot of marriages happening lately on my island, but, hopefully with the swell of new Miis, there shall be more marriages soon!

BellyButton

Assistant Administrator

Old 07-08-2014, 11:27 PM

I'm so relieved to hear that you're happy, 'cuz Fred just proposed and mii-you said yes! ;D

Elirona
Giant butt

Penpal

Old 07-08-2014, 11:54 PM

Woohoo! I hope we have a beautiful child.

KatMagenta
Starlet on the rise

Old 07-12-2014, 05:24 PM

I downloaded Tomodachi Life when it came out. I like how you can leave it for a few days and your residents/island don't suffer too much like with Animal Crossing.

It's interesting because I've been watching Vinny (from Vinesauce) stream the game and there's a few regional differences between the US and UK versions outside of stuff like the currency.

I think I need to add some more Miis to make sure there's always something going on. There's not really many interesting couples on my island but my RL friend has Wesley Crusher as her "special someone".

Hujuk

Old 08-24-2014, 07:50 PM

Gosh golly I can't wait to play this game, I've been watching Vinny play it on his vinesauce streams and it looks like the bees knees, I want it sooo bad. I think the weirdness factor of it attracts me the most, it's just super weird and plain old fun especially when you can remake songs with your own lyrics (I'm gonna make so many songs, ermagherd) aaanyway.. I'm getting that game so hard. SO hard.

llonka
Momma to the Crazies!

Penpal

Old 04-01-2015, 02:58 PM

Anyone still playing this? My boys have taken over my game and have made all kinds of crazy miis. haha. Kaleb even cried and sobbed when Papa and Mamaw's baby moved away. (he accidently let it travel the world)