Low Virtual Memory
*^_^*

Old 04-04-2007, 05:11 AM

Magical Melody is all I have to say.

Some of the others were good, and usually the first installments are the best, but I like this one more out of them all.

I love how you can choose almost anyone for your partner, where any other game you'd have to choose between like three.

Kurt or Ray?

I ended up marrying Kurt, but I kind of regret it. Alex was actually who I was targeting first, but then I chased Ray. And Then I met Kurt.

Oh the agony of chibi farming love! :cry:

Sedge
*^_^*
Send a message via Yahoo to Sedge

Old 04-05-2007, 01:29 PM

• Ahh, Harvest Moon. Who'd of thought that virtual farming could be so much fun?

I've played 2/3 of the GB ones, the first GBA, and now the DS version. I've found that I totally suck at the big-time console versions, though. It's the 3D, I think.

And I'm still waiting for when they'll let you marry another man. I wanna marry that crazy scientist guy, so we can perform horrible experiments on our children! XD

But seriously, though. In the girl's DS version, they let you court and have a "Friendship Ceremony" with another girl. Or so I've heard; not sure if they'll take that out of the US version. >.>

So it's only a matter of time, man!

topostarlight
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-05-2007, 04:03 PM

Harvest Moon is one of my fave video game series! :D
I've played the SNES one, tried the gameboy ones (no marriage, so didn't get into them as much), gba one, ds, wii, back to nature (ps1), save the homeland (ps2, not as great, wish you could have gotten married), harvest moon 64, wonderful life (gc), another wonderful life (gc), and I think that's it.

Demure
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-05-2007, 11:54 PM

@Bliss - Lol i bought it xD <3

Oh I'd like to ask some questions!!!

`Warning Sign : NOOB ALERT`
I have the version More FoMT

Animal
How do I let out my horse?

House/Furniture
Can I buy the shelf without having to buy everything else? (I really want the shelf xDDD My rucksack is so small!)
Should I buy everything that's featured on the TV Channel?
Do I have to upgrade my house before I can buy some of the items?

Materials
How do I get golden lumber?
Which tools should I upgrade first and to what level? >_o

Heart Levels
Does the Bachelor have to be of a certain heart level before the heart event can be experienced?
Eg. Cliff has to be a purple heart before I can activate the purple heart event

So far I've expirenced Cliff's black heart event. He's still at a black heart, though I'm giving him flowers daily xD

bliss
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 04-06-2007, 03:54 AM

Gosh, I wish I could answer those questions for you, but I've only just started the game myself. I'd suggest maybe looking up the game on Gamefaqs.com and seeing if you can find the answers there?

sha
(-.-)zzZ
n/a

Old 04-06-2007, 05:28 AM

I've played the gameboy version, N64 version, Playstation 2 version and the Gamecube version of that game. >w< Its sooo much fun! <3 The N64 one was the best~ <3

Demure
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-07-2007, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bliss

Gosh, I wish I could answer those questions for you, but I've only just started the game myself. I'd suggest maybe looking up the game on Gamefaqs.com and seeing if you can find the answers there?

I've found out most of the answers now >w<

But i still don't know...

- How to let my horse out
- Which tools should I upgrade first and to what level? >_o
- Does the Bachelor have to be of a certain heart level before the heart event can be experienced?

If anyone knows, it'll be much appreciated <3

I've actually read 5~8 FAQs and walkthroughs. Lol.

I'm now on my 2nd day of Harvest Moon, restarted the game 7 times cause I kept messing up x.x

Juliet
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 04-07-2007, 08:05 AM

Harvest moon is so fun! I tried to get all of them to play.

Flaregon
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 04-07-2007, 12:13 PM

Harvest Moon: Back To Nature
Is the best 1 in my opinion, never played the 1 where your a girl lol.

I found the game cube 1 crap.

Legend
Dead Account Holder
n/a
Send a message via AIM to Legend

Old 04-08-2007, 09:59 AM

Harvest Moon's fun. I think I've played every one of them.

I just don't like how repetitive it gets though.

I'm terrible at making money though. xD

Zurie
ʘ‿ʘ
n/a

Old 04-08-2007, 07:00 PM

• I've just commandeered A Wonderful Life, a controller, and a memory card from my Aunt, so I'm hoping to get into the series a bit more, but if anything, it's a time waster for my friends that never know what they want to play and just want to do something tedious.

topostarlight
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-09-2007, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demure

- How to let my horse out
- Does the Bachelor have to be of a certain heart level before the heart event can be experienced?
[/color][/b][/size]
http://www.fogu.com/hm5/ - Go here! This place is my best friend! :D Anyways, it should have the answers, hopefully.

bliss
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 04-09-2007, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demure
Quote:
Originally Posted by bliss

I've found out most of the answers now >w<

As far as tools go, in my opinion it is really just personal preference. What is more important to you? Collecting wood, clearing your farm, easily watering your crops, etc. I'd say upgrade whichever one you really want first. I think it really just depends on your play style. Know that your axe needs to be level 2 to chop the stumps, and your hammer needs to be level three to break up the biggest rocks. If clearing out the crap from your field is your biggest concern I'd say go for the axe and hammer first. But if your concern is your crops you could upgrade your watering can instead. It's really personal choice, I think.

The Silent Doll
Dead Account Holder

Old 04-10-2007, 02:45 AM

I love Harvest Moon; the only one I own is Magical Melody, though.
From it, Jamie is my favorite character; I wish you could've married this character and not had the game end.

Verucca
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-12-2007, 10:02 PM

I loooooove Harvest Moon. I want more friends from mineral town next it is the only 'Girl' Harvest Moon avialable in America!

Baja
(。⌒∇⌒)&...
Send a message via AIM to Baja

Old 04-13-2007, 01:20 AM

I play Harvest Moon: Majical melody. My character has one kid and is happily married to Dan. XD

bliss
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 04-13-2007, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verucca
I loooooove Harvest Moon. I want more friends from mineral town next it is the only 'Girl' Harvest Moon avialable in America!

That's the only one I actually have. o__o;;
Though I've played the original SNES version to death.
But isn't there a girl version for Game Cube? Another Wonderful Life?
Then I also realized that there is at least one version where you can be a boy or a girl. I'm so behind the times!

Yuri
Dead Account Holder
n/a
Send a message via AIM to Yuri

Old 04-13-2007, 04:10 AM

I LOVE Harvest moon XD I've played almost ALL of them~! *severe addiction* Though I like the ones where you can play as a girl most^^

ladyshi
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-17-2007, 01:56 PM

I've plaied the gameboy colour version (wher you could be a girl or a boy) And I played that one to death xD

I bought the Friends of mineral town (I believe it was called...There again, I think it was something vally) for the gamecube, but just couldnt get on with it as well as the gameboy colour version.

About eight moths ago, I bought the DS version. I absolutely love it! xD The only thing really missing is being able to play as a girl rather than a boy.

Was the nintendo version any good? Or the SNES one? I never tried those >.<

Mitani
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-17-2007, 02:28 PM

I've played Harvest moon on the game cube D8.

Demure
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-22-2007, 12:56 AM

I have another question~

Is there any like.. "end" to this game? Say 4 years? Or can it go on and on and on? =X <3

bliss
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 04-22-2007, 06:50 PM

It ends at the end of summer in the third year, or at least that's how it went on the SNES version. I think if you're playing the female version it's supposed to end once you give birth to a child or something.

Chisaku
(-.-)zzZ

Old 04-22-2007, 06:53 PM

Ah... Harvest Moon games, like the smell of fresh corn. I have played the GBA and Gamecube versions.

Both are the boy versions. I want the DS version, but it hasn't been released here yet... :(

I became really depressed when my GBA HM got lost! I had to buy a new one... But in the other one I married Popuri!

Jedi Master
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-25-2007, 10:34 PM

I LOVE harvest moon...I think I prefer HM 64 to ANY other game...only because you can keep your green house up for good if you just keep your dog in their...were as you can loose it in the playstation version from a storm. I love the music from HM 64, whenever I hear it...it just makes me so happy!

I bought magical melody the other day, but I cant report much about it yet cause I broke my power cord like 3 days after I bought it...so for the last 2 months I havnt played it!

mesuchan
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to mesuchan Send a message via MSN to mesuchan Send a message via Yahoo to mesuchan

Old 04-26-2007, 07:28 PM

I love Harvest Moon XD
it is oddly entertaining
X3