Whimsical Sadist
The Whimsical Sadist of Invincib...
Penpal

Old 04-15-2012, 06:56 PM

I loved Avatar: The Last Airbender tremendously! A fangirl if you must :XD
So for those who were a diehard fan (or even average fan) was probably excited for Legend of Korra like I was.
The first 2 episodes came out April 14th and I must I was very curious as well as nervous to see how Legend of Korra would be done.

Thankful the original creators of Avatar created Legend of Korra too; putting my mind at ease :lol:

I must say it looks good so far since I've seen the first two episodes and I like them. How do you guys think the new series will unfold?

Here are some helpful links courtesy of Spunk, for all you happy and impatient LOK fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky View Post
here are the tumblr websites of the co-founders of ATL: LOK
bryan konietzko
Michael Dante DiMartino

and here is the website that lists news and updates about LOK:
enjoy - Avatar: The Legend of Korra - News & Updates

Last edited by Whimsical Sadist; 12-06-2013 at 07:14 PM..

Laila Izuka
Culinary Arts Ninja~

Old 04-15-2012, 09:00 PM

I downloaded the first two episodes from i-tunes (which is free!) and I absolutely loved it and fell in love with the series. Even though it was just the first two episodes, I think that this series is going to be just as epic as the last one. I don't know if it will be as long as the last one, which I doubt. Either way, I can't wait for the next episodes to come out <3.

I hope that they show flash backs of the others from the first series when they were older, and show more of their kids o3o

Knerd
I put the K in "Misspelling"

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-18-2012, 04:08 PM

Since this is about a television show, I've gone ahead and moved it into the Media forum. ;)

Whimsical Sadist
Penpal

Old 04-18-2012, 06:47 PM

I hope so too.
It seems that'll be really great, seeing them as adults. How their lives evolved, their marriages/children, their accomplishments and all that good stuff :D

I'm really glad that Korra has grabbed my attention. Makes me excited for the future :heart:

Ah, sorry Knerd. Thank you ^^

StrangeMwarn
(^._.^)ノ

Old 04-18-2012, 07:05 PM

Only the first episode has aired where i'm at :sweat:
We get a new episode every Saturday morning at 11 i think.
I really loved the original avatar, soi'm hoping this one turns out as good :D
So far it's pretty cool. :yes:

Whimsical Sadist
Penpal

Old 04-18-2012, 07:30 PM

Hey Strange! Haven't seen you a long time.
Looking good! I love your Joker look :heart:

Yours is ever Saturday morning and 11 too? :eager:
Cool, I guess we have the same schedule~

Yeah Avatar was incredible.
I hope Korra isn't done poorly or leaves me unsatisfied. So far, from what I've seen I don't think that'll happen :lol:

Usako
Moon Princess

Old 04-18-2012, 07:40 PM

I watched the first two episodes. So far I'm on the fence. I do like it but I need to watch more to really get into it.

And I'm very disappointed that it seems most of the characters from the original series are dead. :(

Whimsical Sadist
Penpal

Old 04-18-2012, 08:30 PM

Ha ha I'm so excited for Saturday morning :squee:

Me too, but well that's understandable I suppose. I mean it was 70 years later...

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 04-19-2012, 08:50 AM

Korra!!! :squee: I've seen the first two episodes and I want soo badly to see the next one! I've seen a couple of previews, and it looks like it's going to be gooood.

Whimsical Sadist
Penpal

Old 04-20-2012, 01:34 AM

It really does. I hope it keeps my hopes up :squee:
One thing that I don't like is something with so much potential fall short and leave me unsatisfied :no:

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 04-20-2012, 09:24 AM

I know right! I really liked the first season of Heroes, but then it just went... Bleeeeeegh. Don't do that Korra! :illgetu:

Whimsical Sadist
Penpal

Old 04-20-2012, 08:10 PM

Oh? What do you mean by bleeegh?

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 04-20-2012, 10:22 PM

Boring and unnecessarily complicated. I have nothing against complications, but when they ruin the good points of a show, I will vote for simplicity.

Vox
*^_^*

Old 04-24-2012, 09:54 AM

I recently watched the few episodes that are out. I'm pretty pleased so far. I think this is shaping up to be just as awesome as The Last Airbender was.

Whimsical Sadist
Penpal

Old 04-24-2012, 07:10 PM

Ah I see. Well the ending was wrapped quite nicely though despite that :heart:

Mhm nothing is as good as the original but I think Legend of Korra would probably get really close :mrgreen:

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 04-24-2012, 07:20 PM

Oh! I love this show! I can't wait to see more about the anti-bender movement. It makes me wonder if, like, non-benders and benders don't have the same rights or something. XD Do they just want everyone to be non-benders?

Vox
*^_^*

Old 04-25-2012, 04:53 AM

I understand the position behind the anti-bender movement, and I can kind of relate to them. Elitist benders who use their bending for crime and oppression is all these people know; of course they want to stop it. There are good benders, I know, but the people don't see it that way, and I can understand that. I'm not sure about Amon though... he kind of makes me uneasy.

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 04-25-2012, 10:23 AM

I want to know who Amon is!

Whimsical Sadist
Penpal

Old 04-25-2012, 11:03 PM

I really want to know who Amon is too.
His voice reminds of me of Commander Zhao for some reason :|
He sounds cold, tough, hard and impatient.

And just like it was with Zhao, Amon scares me a bit and too makes me uneasy :sweat:

Last edited by Whimsical Sadist; 04-25-2012 at 11:05 PM..

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 04-26-2012, 11:32 AM

Zhao even? Hmmmm, I hadn't thought of him.

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 04-26-2012, 03:43 PM

@Vox - I don't really believe that. Don't the people know the police benders (they're "good," right?) and aren't there people that believe the avatar will bring peace to the city? I wonder how many people of the city actually attended the rally (or whatever it was called..).

Amon reminds of people from other animated series, specifically Slade from Teen Titans and sort of Shishio from Rurouni Kenshin. XD I think he's cool~ = w= But also scary. Also, I have the feeling he's actually a bender. I mean, you can call someone who takes away bending a bender, can't you?

Vox
*^_^*

Old 04-27-2012, 02:52 AM

You have a point, Kent. They're just being propagandized then I suppose. That's probably more true.

I was thinking about that a bit. It was said in The Last Airbender that only a bender could permanently eliminate someone's bending. So I think he has to be a bender himself. Kind of like how Hitler was non-Aryan? xD

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 04-27-2012, 02:58 AM

Maybe he is the fire bender that killed his parents? You know how Aang loses control and hurts Katara, well that could have happened to Amon too, and now he hates bending because it made him hurt the people he loved?

Whimsical Sadist
Penpal

Old 04-29-2012, 02:17 AM

Ah excellent speculations :XD
I especially agree with the one you said Carzee. It may be true and I can see how it could form.
I mean anything that traumatic is bound to have some serious after effects :yes:

I agree with yours Vox too. He has to be a sort of bender of some kind.
I mean aren't the spirits usually close to benders? Maybe that's why they felt like to go to him for him to begin the revelation?

Woo. Who knows? The possibilities are endless :lol:

Aerinn
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-29-2012, 04:13 AM

Why hello there. I love Legend of Korra. :squee:

I'm not really sure if Amon is actually a bender or not, but my theory of why the spirits talk to him is because Korra can't. You know how in the first episode, the members of the Order of the White Lotus were watching Korra spar? When Katara said she was strong, one of them said that she lacked restraint and that she mastered the physical aspect of bending but not the spiritual side. Maybe that makes her unable to speak to spirits the way Aang could (I guess as an airbender, he meditated and was very spiritually aware in contrast), and maybe some spirits were ticked off that this Avatar, who is supposed to be the bridge between the mortal and spirit worlds, cannot channel them.

Sorry, crazy brain vomit right there... x_x