Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 08-09-2011, 02:58 AM

Rollin' time!
Carzeebear is 1, NeuzaKC is 2, jessieomer is 3, Watery Star is 4 and Liztress is 5.

The 5-sided dice lands on 4
The story will be posted momentarily!

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeuzaKC View Post
I tell Cessy to go find Yumeh, as every other suspect is certainly able to sweet-talk her with lies. As for me, I haven't forgotten about Cherry and her ice cream!
"Cessy, have you seen Yumeh recently?" You ask, plotting in your mind.

"Not since yesterday! I thought I'd see him hangin' around today but he hasn't come to see me! I wonder what he's doing..."

"I saw him just down the boardwalk earlier. Why don't you go visit him? Maybe he'll know what happened to my shi- I mean, the orphans' treasure."

"Good idea! Yumeh's great at finding stuff! I'll go ask him now!"

Was it good of you to send a child off unattended after a roaming cat during a busy fair? Probably not. Actually, definitely not. But your shiny is the most important thing here, not some little sticky kid's safety! Shiny must be found at all costs!

Speaking of sticky... just look at Cherry Flavored Antacid over there. Eating that ice cream like she hasn't a care in the world. Well she should have a care! Your shiny is missing, and the whole world should stop and look for it! How can other people be happy when you're so empty inside?! You eat a fistful of kettlecorn for courage and storm up to her.

"Hey, you ice cream... face!" you yell. Off to a strong start, I see. Cherry gives you a puzzled look, so you continue. "Yeah, I'm talking to you, miss... 'tralala, I'm eating ice cream! I didn't take anyone's shiny! I'm just so awesome! Don't you wish you had ice cream like I do?' YEAH, I'M ONTO YOU!" You really ought to work on your impressions, that one you just did of Cherry was horrible.

"Uhm, ih... Did you... want some ice cream too? There's an ice cream booth right over-"

"NO, I DON'T WANT ANY CONFLABBIT ICE CREAM! I WANT MY GUMDORUM SHINY BACK!" Now see, for a while there you were sort of sounding like Yosemite Sam, but now you're just plain making words up.

"You lost something?" Cherry asks. She's taking your abuse pretty well. You forgot that moderators are trained for this. You're going to have to lay it on thicker if you want to make her sweat. You take a deep breath and narrow your eyes.

"My shiny," you say in a low, threatening tone. This just might work better than screaming like a cartoon character. "I had my shiny. Then I didn't have my shiny anymore. I think you have my shiny." Okay, maybe you still need some help with... choosing words... and putting them together into sentences.

"I didn't take anything, but I can help you look if you want," Cherry says, then pulls out a clipboard. "Here, I'll check your trades to see if you gave it to anybody. When did you lose it?"

"A minute ago. ... An hour ago. ... Three days ago? I don't know!"

"... Okay, I'll just look at everything recent," Cherry says and begins thumbing through the papers on her clipboard. Why is it that everyone around here has a clipboard but you? You make a mental note to go to the clipboard booth when this is all over. "You've... bought a lot of things over the past few days," Cherry mumbles, slogging through your trade history. "Earplugs? Zippy bags? I didn't even know we had booths for those."

"You have booths for everything I need because I'm the protagonist of this story," you say. Cherry ignores you and continues looking through her papers.

"Ah, here it is. You traded a... 'SHINY' - hmm, I didn't know we had anything called that - recently to... Wait, hold on. It doesn't say who you traded it to...! That's weird. Is this thing broken?" Cherry taps her clipboard a few times to try to make it submit. When that fails, she sets the clipboard down then picks it back up and seems frustrated to see that nothing's changed. "Ugh, must be a glitch. Wait here, alright? I have to go ask Inso about this." With that, Cherry hops up and goes off to find Insomniac, the rich but seldomly seen overseer of the town. You've heard rumors that he bought the island... but is that even possible? Can one own Menewsha? Because if one can, then you certainly want to. Okay, so... find shiny, buy a clipboard, buy Menewsha. Got it.

Well, Cherry might be back soon with word from Inso, but it's a long hike up to his house from the boardwalk, and it looks like she's already been distracted by a booth. There's still no sign of Cessy. Alright, enough relying on other people! Time to take matters into your own hands! There are still a few suspects left that you can question until Cessy and Cherry get back (see previous post for list of suspects). Or... or you could go buy that clipboard. Or you could try to buy Menewsha. ... Or maybe you could buy a boat! Whoaaaa, that'd be sweet. The docks are just down that way, too. There's just too many options. And there's like, a million things I'm not even thinking of. The world is your oyster, y'know? OH, OH, MAYBE YOU SHOULD GET A PET OYSTER! Wait, that's a terrible idea.

What will you do?

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 08-09-2011, 04:21 AM

Good enough to wipe the trade history? That'll be Lise. She's wily. I question Lise.

Liztress
Mommy Zellony's Lizard ♥
Send a message via AIM to Liztress

Old 08-09-2011, 07:45 PM

You decide to question the one person who has been missing since it all started: Mr. Mayor. It does seem funny how he hasn't been around.

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 08-09-2011, 09:33 PM

Good suggestions so far! I'd like to get at the very least one more before continuing, but more than that are completely welcome. :)

jessieomer
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-10-2011, 12:26 AM

I go and get myself a pet oyster because it's the most logical thing to do.

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 08-10-2011, 03:37 AM

:lol: at Jessie! I think you win, love.

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 08-10-2011, 05:23 AM

Alright, time for rolling!
Carzeebear is 1, Liztress is 2, jessieomer is 3.

The 3-sided dice lands on 1

Story soon!

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carzeebear View Post
Good enough to wipe the trade history? That'll be Lise. She's wily. I question Lise.
Next you set your sights on Lise's booth, it's the most logical conclusion.

"I'd like the spirits' guidance..." you say. Oh, you're so clever, disguising your interrogation like that. "... on something of mine that has gone missing."

"Please wait," Lise says before turning away from you with a look of deep concentration. You begin to wonder if she can actually contact the spirits or if she makes all of this stuff up on the fly, however you have heard that some of her "fortunes" have been eerily accurate for their recipients. Lise turns back to you and seems to regard you warily. "I do not have it," she says.

"I- I didn't say you did!" you exclaim, caught off guard. "I just wanted to hear what the spirits thought about where it might be!"

"They had enough to say about where you already think it is. I am insulted that you regard me on the same level as a pick-pocket." Curse those spirits! You probably should have known this might happen, but you're too stricken with grief. Maybe it's not too late to keep backpedaling, though...

"I would never think you'd steal from me! Honest!" Your voice cracks. Great. Lise doesn't respond, making you even more unnerved. You imagine that if you could see her eyes through those thick bangs of hers, she wouldn't be blinking.

"The spirits do know where your item is, however," she finally says.

"Really?! Where? Oh, shiny, I will find you yet!"

"I did not say that I would tell you."

"B-but! But you have to! Okay, okay! I lied! I thought you took it, but only because I had eliminated a bunch of other possibilities, and you know what that Shakespeare guy said about that! But I'm really sorry!"

"That was Sherlock Holmes," Lise says.

"Whatever! I was never good in social studies," you grumble. Lise is quiet for a moment more, almost as if you've said something incredibly foolish. "Please, I'm begging you, you have to tell me where my shiny is! I'm a broken person! I'm sorry I insulted you, I'll wash your caravan for a year, just please! Please!" At this point you actually drop to your knees, hands clenched in front of your face, without a drop of referential post-modernism.

"The spirits have not even told me," Lise says before a small smile appears on her face. "Although you are quite welcome to wash my home." You get up off your knees, blushing slightly.

"Then what good are those daggum spirits if they ain't never tellin' you anything?!" Back to the Yosemite Sam thing again, I see. "That's it! I'm getting to the bottom of this myself. I'm done asking questions and parading around the boardwalk exhausting every possibility like this is some kind of game! This isn't a game, this is my life! And the past hour feels like it's taken place over the course of days! My actions are disjointed, as if I'm being controlled by multiple people. I seem to be gaining items whenever it's convenient and I don't even have my kettlecorn anymore! What happened to that?! I didn't finish it! I didn't set it down! It's just not here anymore! This has been the worst day of my life, all I want is my shiny! And I'm going to get it, by dag!" With that, you stomp off, up the boardwalk. You're going to make the hike to Insomniac's mansion yourself.

"I just talked to Yumeh!" Cessy says, skipping up to your side. "I don-"

"Yeah, yeah, he doesn't have it! He doesn't have it, Lise doesn't have it, Cherry doesn't have it, you don't have it, Peeblo doesn't have it, and I most certainly don't have it!" you fume. Cessy seems to shrink from your yelling. "I-- Sorry. I'm not mad at you. I just want my shiny back."

"I'll help you find it! Where are we going?"

"To Insomniac's."

Sometime later you finally arrive at the fortress. Yes, fortress. It's a fortress. Insomniac has a fortress. First there is a barbed wire-topped electric fence that must be at least 20 feet high; just on the other side of that is a moat, probably with something menacing living in it; past the moat seems to be a minefield and beyond that is a pit of ravenous wildebeest. You see a mint chocolate chip ice cream cone floating in the moat... poor Cherry. You have to avoid meeting a similar fate... but how? You'll need to use your wit, your creativity and everything you learned in babysitter classes, as you have Cessy with you.

What will you do?

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 08-10-2011, 09:21 AM

Before I play, I must say that I would never muddle up Shakespeare and Sherlock! Neither would I call either of them social studies! :shock:

Anyway, holding Cessy's hand, I push the buzzer beside the enormous gate. "Mr Insomniac, can I please come in? I have a question for you about a glitch."

jessieomer
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-10-2011, 09:55 AM

I pole vault the fence, Cessy strapped to my back, hoping to miss the moat.

and @Carzee, thanks xD. I like thinking up wild suggestions.

Liztress
Mommy Zellony's Lizard ♥

Old 08-10-2011, 10:33 AM

I let Cessy ring the doorbell and ask the lumbering guard to let us in. No one can resist her cuteness.

NeuzaKC
Stan.

Old 08-10-2011, 11:00 AM

I wonder if Insomniac is even in the house, I mean, mansion. Maybe he's not there... Holding on to that thought, I get a helicopter to fly me to the room of the mansion. At least, if he's not there, he can't shoot me down!

Watery Star
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-11-2011, 12:07 AM

I walk around the fortress looking for a secret passageway while gripping Cessy's hand.

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 08-11-2011, 02:09 AM

Nice creative suggestions this time around, you guys! I really ought to stop suggesting options, you all do quite well on your own. :lol:

Carzeebear is 1, jessieomer is 2, Liztress is 3, NeuzaKC is 4, Watery Star is 5.
The 5-sided dice lands on 3

Story to follow shortly! :)

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeuzaKC View Post
I wonder if Insomniac is even in the house, I mean, mansion. Maybe he's not there... Holding on to that thought, I get a helicopter to fly me to the room of the mansion. At least, if he's not there, he can't shoot me down!
"Cessy, we're going back to the boardwalk," you say, you eyeing the sky.

"What? I thought we were gonna talk to Mr. Insomniac!"

"We are..." you say, trailing off ominously. If this were a TV show, it would now cut to the next scene so that what you just said would be immediately answered. But this isn't a television show, this is real life, so you're just left there staring off with a mischievous look in your eye.

"... How?" Cessy asks after an awkward pause.

"Hold on, it's coming," you say.

Okay, that cut came a little late, didn't it? Sorry about that. Anyway, you arrive at the boardwalk and run up to a camouflage booth.

"One helicopter, please!" you say, handing over your money. How you're able to afford a helicopter without so much as stopping at the bank is beyond me. Maybe you have a really great job or you're the heir to a fortune or something. Just stop asking questions, alright?

With Cessy securely strapped into the seat next to you, you take off from the helipad and begin soaring over Menewsha. You've had helicopter flying lessons before, I guess. Or maybe that happened between the last paragraph and this one. Don't ask me, you're the one flying and I told you to stop asking questions.

Hovering over the dense forests near the base of the mountain, you almost begin to wonder if you've passed Insomniac's fortess, or if maybe it's completely obscured by the trees. But soon the not-very-evil lair comes into view.

"DIH... AH... EH... PA..." Cessy tries to yell over the sound of the helicopter. You have no idea what she just said, but you don't care. You're tantalizingly close to finding out where your shiny is, you can feel it! You're salivating! Ew.

You lower your helicopter (which you have named S.S. Awesome because you apparently have no idea what S.S. stands for) to get a better look at the compound when you realize... you have no place to land this thing.

"DOH... IH... HA... EH... PA...!" Cessy yells to you. Still no clue what that little girl's saying.

You notice a few spots that just might be large enough to land the S.S. Awesome on. The first is the opening just outside the fence that you were standing in when you got the idea to use a helicopter; the second is the (possible?) minefield; the third is the roof of the fortress. It doesn't have a helipad, and you have no idea if it's strong enough (or big enough) to support the weight of the S.S. Awesome, but it's pretty flat. You could try to land, give up on the helicopter idea and try something else, or you could give up on getting into the compound altogether. Or maybe you could get that pet oyster. That sounds pretty good right now, this shiny hunt is getting stressful. Also you kind of have to pee.

What will you do?

Watery Star
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-11-2011, 03:07 AM

Landing on the roof sounds like the best option however, you decide to take the safest option and land over the fence in the clearing and then ran to the front door.

Last edited by Watery Star; 08-11-2011 at 07:15 AM..

jessieomer
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-11-2011, 03:10 AM

A helicopter flier suddenly pops into the SS Awesome and hands you a couple of parachutes.

lydia1020
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-11-2011, 03:53 AM

I decide to show cessy how to keep the helicopter running, lower the rope ladder (like they have in all the movies) and climb down onto the roof of the fortress, wishing I still had that kettle corn

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 08-11-2011, 04:41 AM

Watery Star, could you be a bit more specific? Do you mean landing in the minefield inside the fence, or in the clearing outside the fence? If you mean the latter, then also please elaborate on what you want to do after doing that. :)

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 08-11-2011, 07:05 AM

Cessy and I tandem parachute to the roof.

Watery Star
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-11-2011, 07:12 AM

I'm sorry I meant the clearing. I'll go edit my post.

NeuzaKC
Stan.

Old 08-11-2011, 11:43 AM

I totally try to land on the roof. I've always wanted to do that, ever since I saw it in that one episode of that one TV show. Maybe I could make Cessy my hostage, while I'm at it...

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 08-12-2011, 05:50 AM

Watery Star, I still think you might be misunderstanding. :sweat: There are two places to land. One is on the inside of the fence, and it's a minefield. The other is on the outside of the fence. It's where you were before you got a helicopter, you can't access the fortress from there. I'm afraid I'm going to have to skip your suggestion this time around since it can't currently apply.

jessieomer is 1, lydia1020 is 2, Carzeebear is 3, NeuzaKC is 4.

The 4-sided dice lands on 4

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessieomer View Post
A helicopter flier suddenly pops into the SS Awesome and hands you a couple of parachutes.
"Here, take these!" the helicopter pilot yells over the noise as he hands you and Cessy parachutes. "I'll land 'er from here!"

"Thanks, cap'm!" You yell in reply. Of course he's been there the whole time. Why wouldn't he have been? A young... you who has never flown a helicopter before and a little girl by themselves? That makes no sense. That's silly. A silly person would write a story like that.

The chopper pilot takes the copter up far enough that you have enough room to deploy your chutes without risk of them getting in the chopper blades, and you and Cessy jump. Can you parachute out of a helicopter? Maybe not, but that's what's happening here. It goes splendidly and you both land on the roof without a flaw.

To the left is a door, presumably on the other side is a staircase which enters Inso's mans-fortress. To the right is a skylight, next to it is a handy laser window cutter and a long rope attached to a securely fastened winch - perfect for cutting a circle out of the glass then lowering yourself in like in all the cool spy movies. In front of you is a swimming pool. Insomniac has a swimming pool on his roof. Sweet.

Looking down through the skylight you can see a man sitting on a couch with a laptop. Is that Insomniac? You've never seen him before. He takes a drink of something, but then suddenly drops it on his laptop as he looks forward in surprise. Another figure walks into view. You can't tell who it is as they're wearing a dark hood. The scene seems to be unchanged for a moment - presumably there is dialogue that you can't hear because you're on the roof and all - until the hooded figure pull something out of his/her pocket and holds it up for a scared-looking Insomniac to see. It's your shiny! The hooded figure has your shiny!

So here's the deal. You could cut a hole in the skylight and lower yourself in all smooth-like, but that really leaves you quite vulnerable. Insomniac seems scared of this person, do you really want to be helplessly dangling like a pinata before them? There's the staircase to the left, but this fortress/mansion is big. Big. Who knows how long it would take you to find the room Insomniac and the hooded person are in? And what if there are security guards that catch you before then? And even if you did find your way in, you're still unarmed. There's also that pool in front of you... you could take a nice dip and see if the situation resolves itself. Or, hey, maybe you could do something else entirely. It's your life, man. Woman. Whatever you are.

What will you do?

Last edited by Cherry Who?; 08-13-2011 at 07:30 PM..

lydia1020
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-12-2011, 07:10 AM

I decide to open up the skylight and jump in, hopefully landing on the (conveniently placed) bed behind insomniac's couch, then throw my shoe at the guy with my (precious) shiney

Saravi Boo
Licking threads since 2010!

Old 08-12-2011, 07:27 AM

I go in through the skylight, repelling down the rope as quickly as possible with Cessy on my back.

NeuzaKC
Stan.

Old 08-12-2011, 01:18 PM

I tell Cessy to go through the door on the left. She'll charm the guards (if there are any) and tell them they need to rescue Insomniac. I, on the other hand, pull a James Bond and lower myself through the skylight. Because I'm awesome. And invincible.

Liztress
Mommy Zellony's Lizard ♥

Old 08-12-2011, 03:55 PM

You whip out a few small objects from your rather large pockets and quickly build a weapon a la McGuyver style. With a few seconds to share, you go in through the skylight.