Carpe Diem
Self-proclaimed pirate

Old 07-29-2010, 04:40 AM

The Garbage Truck, formally known as Garbigia Collectus, is a solitary hunter, though many of them can be seen prowling separate streets on the same day. While this day varies depending on location, each place has it's own set day for Garbage Trucks to forage. They feed on generally everything and their meals are conveniently located in large metal canisters or in smaller snack-sized cans. It is best to ensure that nothing you consider valuable is in or near Garbage Truck's meal. If an item should happen to wind up inside one of these creatures chances of retrieval are extremely slim to none.

Garbage Trucks are large creatures coming in various shades of green and brown. Occasionally there will be an unusual gray or yellow. They come with six, sturdy, rounded legs, seeing as they tend to roam all over on feeding days. Equipped with two (sometimes four) strong arms they can easily lift their large meals. Clinging to the sides or sitting comfortably within are parasitic beings that are able to withstand the unpleasant odors of Garbigia Collectus. These beings feed the Garbage Trucks their snacks in exchange for monetary supplement.

A Garbage Truck's native habitat is the large waste grounds known to humans as "Garbage Dumps". A truck will dump its digested food here, then move to the front to sleep on the bare plains more commonly known as "Parking Lots". The parasitic beings leave at this time, but will return on the next feeding day. Garbage Trucks have been known to reside elsewhere but this is highly uncommon.

Garbigia Collectus' have few natural predators. Though their most hated are disinfectants and air fresheners. A Garbage truck will often rummage through their own waste after encounters with these predators. Rarely witnessed are strange, yet intriguing, instances where the parasites will band together and attack a truck with soap and water. Angry with this the truck will often breakdown along the road in revenge for being cleansed.

The smaller usually white or green Recycling Truck, Reuse Anreduce, is the mate of this creature. The courtship dance of the two can only be witnessed once a year. They will circle around each other until the female Recycling Truck accepts the Garbage Truck. Several months, even up to a year, later a Trash Compactor, Crushius Smushes, will be born from the two.

While Garbage Trucks have strange rituals and habits they are amazing creatures. The human race would not be able to survive without them. Making Garbigia Collectus a key element to survival.

/End

Written on September 16th, 2008.

Notes: To be honest, I really have no idea what was going through my head writing this. I enjoyed writing it and I hope you enjoyed reading it.

Last edited by Carpe Diem; 08-04-2010 at 02:23 PM..