Burnt Biscuits
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 04-25-2008, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by Glittershock!
Hey, I see you posted in my search thread. I think the idea you suggested sounds like it could be pretty good... I'm all ears. ^^;

"I was sort of thinking about a modern time version of this... rather then the clasic hunting down with guns and women with large guns, a more intellectual battle, perhaps with a bussiness or mafia/elite type theme. If you're interested, shoot me a pm and I'll go more into detail. "

So yeah, maybe something along the lines of...

In X city, Y corp, run by humans, is in charge of producing a vlood substitute to allow the vampire race to live safely among the humans while working on a so called 'cure' for vampirism. ehind the scenes, they're working on eveything from a cure to a virus that would, like in Blade Trinity, wipe out the whole race.

On the opposing side, you have the real blood, pro-vampires working on using modern technology to produce real blood without hurting anyone, and ways easier then nek biting and draining to turn people. Behind the scenes, you've got everything from teh innocent, to plans for human blood farms.

There's the basic setup.

The character would be the two head of the companies.

the problem with this idea though, is that there's no way to stick the two together. No interaction = no roleplay. ;-; any ideas?

Maybe both, in a way to win over the public, have decided to live with each other for one month to prove humans and vampires can live side by side?

Ooh, I really like that idea. I see what you mean, though, about the problem of bringing it all together. Having them live together for a while could work quite well, or there could be some negotiation going on between the two parties, for whatever reason - maybe one company has come by intelligence telling them what's going on behind the scenes, and to protect their own secrets they're trying to do a little bribing...

Whatever you think would work best, really. ^^

I posted the plot cause I'm liable to forget it. XD Go ahead and be the vampire, I'll be the human then. n.n

Glittershock!
(-.-)zzZ
Banned

Old 04-25-2008, 11:32 PM

With the media constantly pursuing him, feeding was becoming increasingly difficult these days. Christian could hardly be seen to endorse the killing of innocents, after all, being the important figure that he was. As such, he would occasionally be forced to go hungry, unless he turned to that ghastly substitute the humans were producing and distributing like manna from heaven.

This evening had been a particular challenge, given that he had signed himself over to a month spent living with the CEO of the very company responsible for the substitute that so turned his stomach. The paparazzi were all over the story and he would be lucky to get even a minute of peace for the rest of the month. Alas, such was the way of the world – even he had to make sacrifices to ensure he kept ahead.

Even with the media hounds locked safely outside of the apartment that had been set aside for this little publicity stunt, Christian was essentially completely unable to drink living blood, unless the human he was with developed a strange predisposition for watching his kind die.

At least the apartment was relatively pleasant. He had been expecting some kitsch attempt at gothic grandeur, but been pleasantly surprised by the modern décor… and even more so to discover that, rather than relying on heavy curtains that would make the room oppressive even when they were open, the windows had been treated with some chemical that reflected the UV radiation from the sun, rending its light quite harmless. Christian could see no reason why he’d want to move about the apartment by daylight, but it was nice to know that he could, if he felt so inclined.

That besides, there was a fully stocked bar. If he couldn’t have human blood, he could at least wash away the dubious taste of the substitute with a tumbler of whiskey.

Burnt Biscuits
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 04-26-2008, 02:58 AM

"You... did.... WHAT?!?" The shout echoed through the large glass building that held the main branch of BloodTechGenetics.

"Oh do calm down, it's only a month, it's not like I'm asking you to marry the guy." Said the smooth voice of a rather strange looking man. Head of public afairs, McKinley was the CEO's right hand man. Well, vampire, one of few in the corperation.

"You didn't -ask- me anything! That's the entire problem with this little scenario of yours." The CEO hissed, his slender fingers gripping the arms of his high backed chair. "So let's go over this again... I'm spending... one month... doing exactly -what- with the CEO of our largest rival?"

"Living, Jin Sirus, living." McKinley smiled, his abnormally white teeth glinting. He stood, his electric green curls bouncing with him as he moved. "It's the perfect image for the public to see our company in. The CEO, a human, living peacefully with a vampire, the 'scum' of society, proving that we are all equals and a world where we are one is a truely possible thing! A world where..."

"McKinley...."

"...Yes sir?"

"Shut up."

"...Yes sir..."

Three days later Jin was smiling and waving at the media his things were brought into the apartment. Jin Sirus had the look of a leader, minus twenty years. He was young, maybe twentyfive at the oldest. His features were strong and prominent, his skin smooth, a rich caramel in color. His hair fell just to his eyes, around to brush his cheeks, and swept down over his jawline. A rich ebony, it was both thick and fine. The camera's truely loved him. His sit form fit perfectly in the crips suits he wore, usually dressed up wit vivid undershirts of deep red or vibrant blue. Although it was his eyes that caught people's attention. A cold gray, set and determined. They held the gaze, showing pure interest in everything one said, whether he atually cared or not.

He gave the media a final wave, cursing McKinley mentally with everything he had. The moment the door slammed shut he put his back to it and slumped, relieved to be out of the public eye. His housemate was already there, and of course, the media would expect to see them out together.

Well, Jin's month in hell, day 1. Meet the roommate.

Glittershock!
(-.-)zzZ
Banned

Old 04-26-2008, 03:30 PM

He was into the habit of reclining on furniture and making himself quite comfortable, but today he was wary of doing so. Armani or no, a creased suit so early in the evening was unacceptable – by his own standards as well as those of the majority of onlookers – so he was left sat bolt upright in the middle of a divan facing into the middle of the room.

There was an unwavering expression of droll amusement on his face that was apparently disconcerting to the people transferring his new housemate’s belongings. He probably wasn’t helping matters by just watching them with unblinking eyes, speaking not a word and barely even breathing, but he saw no reason why he should move to make them feel at their ease… plus he was rather enjoying their discomfiture.

The vampire moved only when the movers were gone, rising swiftly to his feet and running his hands down the lapels of his suit more out of habit than for any other reason.

As the other CEO breezed into the apartment and slouched back against the door, a faint smirk tugged at one corner of Christian’s mouth. He allowed himself a moment to examine the human, to draw comparisons and conclusions that would allow him to then gauge exactly how hellish this experience was going to be.

The differences in their appearances were profound and immediately noticeable. The human was possessed of that sort of dark complexion that the vampire, being so unnaturally pale as he was, had often found himself envying. His hair, too, was dark but for the shifting halo of paleness where the light of the room had caught – compared with Christian’s platinum blond hair, which fell in coarse and feathered strands to his waist, tied back in a loose ponytail from which the shorter strands around his angular face had escaped.

In fact, the only immediate similarity he noted was their eyes. They were monochrome and engaging, though Christian’s shone violet when they caught the light just so. If eyes were the gateway to the soul, then that was surely a good thing, and meant they would be able to sit down and quickly establish just how this month was going to work if they were both to get through it unscathed and still sane.

“What would your adoring public say if they could see you now?” Christian wondered aloud, clicking his tongue against the roof of his mouth and pursing his pale lips in mock-disapproval. “Five minutes with the media rather seems to have drained you completely,” he observed.

Burnt Biscuits
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 04-26-2008, 07:55 PM

Jin looked up at his new housemate, quickly analyzing the man's appearance. The pale blond hair, the bone white skin, the crisp suit, and the man's general composure... he ws dealing with an arrogant ghost. That just happened to drink blood.

Mr. Wonderful.

He blinked at the question, but smiled knowingly. "I'm a public hero, it would villianize the press, and I would be the tragic hero." He made a slightly dramatic pose as he straightened, "I play a pretty good tragic hero don't you think, blondie?" He grinned, his voice velvet smooth with a faint hit of sarcasm lingering like a breathmint. He crossed the room with long strides, his shoulders back. "It's not the press that has me worn out so much. The head of public relations has had me doing everything from photoshoots to kissing babies. It's really quite a tiring experirence. This whole thing was his brilliant idea." In one fluid motion he pulled out a chair and seated himself.

His grin faded and his expression set as one of calm. "Shall we set some ground rules before deciding how to make this work?" He asked, all bussiness now. "Rule one, plain and simple, don't bite me. Rule two, do not enter my room, I'll extend you the same favor, rule three, don't drink in front of me please. Can you agree to that much? Oh, and..." That diplomatic 'I'm your best friend' smile was back as the serious air vanished as quickly as it had come. "The bar is mine, yes?"

It was the way he handeled all situations. View, analyze, respond. Smile, joke, make serious events clear, be thier best friend. Usually, people reacted to it well. Jin had the talent to seem always honest and sincere, whether he was being either or neither. That, and his father being head of the company before him, had lined him a clear path to the position at such a young age. Of course he had his problems too, but he wouldn't share those.

Glittershock!
(-.-)zzZ
Banned

Old 04-27-2008, 03:29 PM

That shadow of a smile crept back up on to his face as Jin spoke, and stayed fixed there alongside a look of something that might have been idle fascination. He waited in watchful silence until the human had finished talking completely, and the ambience in the room suggested that it was his turn to speak now.

“Certainly,” he replied simply.

He had satisfied himself already that no amount of preternatural weirdness was going to put the human off. There was no use in playing the enigmatic undead here, which was unfortunate but not unexpected. Much as he was expected to work with humans, Jin was surely expected to work with vampires and would therefore be used to their more generalised mannerisms.

Tilting his head a little at the suggestion that the human would get the bar, he mirrored the charismatic smile on Jin’s face.

“If we can survive for a month, then I’m quite sure we can find it in our hearts to share the spirits.”

Burnt Biscuits
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 04-27-2008, 05:49 PM

Jin beamed, surprised at how easy this seemed. "Well then, I think that's everything. I'll share the bar as long as you help to keep it stocked." He said as he stood and stretched. "I'm going to go and get my things unpacked and probably crash for a while." He said as he started for the stairs.

((I'm planning on McKinley sending in a camera crew to cause tension))

Glittershock!
(-.-)zzZ
Banned

Old 04-27-2008, 07:26 PM

“Of course,” Christian replied with a slight inclination of his head as he returned to the divan.

He had his hopes that the reporters outside might get bored some time within the next hour or so. That would give him the opportunity to slink out of the apartment unnoticed and find something living to feed on.

Otherwise, it was going to have to be the substitute – and he was going to have to spend a lot more money on keeping the bar stocked up than was really ideal.

(Okay. XD)

Burnt Biscuits
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 05-02-2008, 10:47 PM

An hour later Jin sauntered into the kitchen and found himself frowning at a nearly empy refrigorator. He ended up calling a peanut butter sandwich dinner. He'd have to shop the next day. "Ah, Christian... there's only one small bottle in this minibar..." He said with a frown. "And I am not heading out to the store tonight... Oh, this is nifty." Jin ad just walked into somethign of a small den. A pingpong and air hockytable sat behind a large couch, wich was seated in front of a large flatscreen tv. "There's even a stereo in here..."

((Sorry, I went brain dead. o.o;; ))