Burnt Biscuits
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 04-09-2008, 06:52 AM

I have permission from Juru to post this thread. Thank you!

I'm reserving the first two PAGES!

Thank you for your interest, but this thread is still in the works. Please check back later.

~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~

My dear roleplayers, I'm certain each of you has shared a common experience. You know, you go into or create a thread, decide you want to roleplay with the person you address or are addressed by, and then... then it sneaks up on you and pounces! The dreaded question! What should the plot be?

As if to remind us that a good roleplay takes time and effort, the question is always there.

Of course, some of us have the answer ready, but I've yet to meet many of those people. XD

Now there are a ton of plots out there but if you, dear reader, are like me, then you're running out of ideas, repeating ideas, and getting tired of them.

Well, I've decided to put an end to this difficulty! No longer will I avoid thread just because they ask for a plot and I'm clueless at the time. Oh no, Menewsha, we will have plots! XD

Now, on to a not-so-over-dramatic explanation of what this thread's about.

The 'what should our plot be' question is a difficult one for many users, as a lot of the plots have been used too many times. After all, who hasn't played the same plot twice? This thread is a directory for plots. A place to find plots and share plots, a resource and sharing center for ideas.

This service is welcome to you on two conditions:

1. You MUST follow all of the thread rules as well as Menes of course.
2. You MUST at one point in time, at any point in time, in exchange for using plots here, submit one of your own to be shared with your fellow Menewshians.

If you can abide by that much, please move on!

Burnt Biscuits
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 04-09-2008, 07:02 AM

~~*~~<{ Rules }>~~*~~

Anyone who fails to abide by these rules for any reason will be handled accordingly.

1. Of course, follow Menewsha's rules.
2. Any ideas presented in this thread are free for your use, but please don't claim them as your own.
3. Anything submitted to this thread becomes free material for anyone who happens to stop by to use.
4. Any arguments, disagreements, rude commentary, or unfriendly conduct will be ended immediately. Let's pretend to be mature!
5. This is a give and take sort of thread. If you used a plot from this thread, it is expected, on your honor, that you will contribute something to this thread during your time on Menewsha. ((This isn't enforced silly, it's just a polite thing to follow, you know?))
6. These rules may be added to, subtracted from, or edited to Biscuits desire at any time.
7. In this thread, Burnt Biscuits rules all! <3 With cupcakes and strawberries!

~~*~~<{ Contents }>~~*~~

1. Intro, Opening Post
2. Rules, Contents ~<{You Are Here}>~
ect...

Burnt Biscuits
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 04-09-2008, 07:17 AM

~~*~~<{ Legalities, Submission, General Info }>~~*~~

All submissions become property of the thread, and are intended for use in roleplays only. You may not take credit for any roleplay you did not come up with, do don't have to link back here althoguh ti would be appreciated, and you are expected to eventually contribute your ideas as well.

To submit ideas please post 'I would like to submit...' in large red font, followed by your submission, each plot colored differently than the one before, or a list of pairings, anime/manga, ect.

((Example coming))

Plots:

A plot is defined here as a basic story outline, such as: Characte A and B are put in situation C, then they D, and so on. Plots include at least one of the following: a pairing, a location, a time period, or a basic event time line.

Pairings:

Pairings are formatted as such- Charater 1 X Caracter 2
You may suggest as many pairings as you like, HOWEVER, they may NOT be pre-existing characters. Meaning, you may list gender, title such as 'sister' or 'uncle', races such as 'vampire' or 'elf', or career, such as 'cop' or 'robber'.

Anime/Manga:

Once this thread gets moving and I've gotten things setteled I may take plots based on particular Maga or anime, but for now, only original plots will be accepted.

Variation:

If you see a plot up here that's almost identical to yours but there are noticible differences you may submit yours for consideration as a variation of the already listed plot.

CONCERNING TOPICS:

Anthros, furries, slave/master, yaoi, yuri, animals....

This thread accomadates it all as long as it's pg13 or what ever.

Why?

Because even though some may disagree to it, they are valid and common roleplay subjects, an this thread will not discriminate. It's for everyone.

Burnt Biscuits
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 04-09-2008, 07:19 AM

~<{ Plot Help }>~

Let's be sure we all know exactly what a plot is, because it seems to be a subject in debate.

Some say a plot for a roleplay is just a pairing, other's say it's a detailed decription of all the events, and still other's choose something in the middle.

Plainly, in my opinion of course, a plot is any sort of framework that helps you decide what you're going to roleplay and how you're going to do it.

In this sense, deciding not to use plot could be considered a plot in it's own. n.n

So what makes a good plot, and over all, good roleplay?

Well, for a plot, you want it to be multi-player. By this I mean, if you're doing a 1x1 as this thread is intended for, you need to have two characters of equal power.

Now I don't mean you can't have a princess and a servant or something like that, I mean you can't have super magic girl Alice paired with the average kid next door. After all, the average kid it going to be pretty over shadowed in a roleplay focusing only on the magic girl.

In otherwords, there are -two- or more main characters in roleplays, so make sure your plot allows for your partner's participation as well.

It's the song that never ends....

Originality is great.

Having Kagome kidnapped and saved by Inuyasha six times in a row... not so great.

Try to add twists into your plot, and creat plots that allow twists. Two people stranded on a tiny lifeless island could be great fun, but keep in mind you've just cut off any other options for scenery until they're saved.

Keeping options open can keep a roleplay lasting longer.

Ready, aim, FIRE!

Playing cannon.

Personally, I prefer to only play my own characters. It's arguable as to which is easier. People who play cannon are lazy in the sense that they don't create and develope thier character, but barrow someone elses, however! A good cannon roleplayer can be absoloutly amazing if they can capture the pure personality of thier character and develope the character in a believable way. You want to avoid pairing characters with people you believe they'd never get along with, but then again, making them get along is part of your artistic liberties as a writer I suppose.

Wait, who are you? And who am I?

Character creation nd developement.

When you create a character there are three things to apply. Physical, mental, and history.

Physically, whaat do they look like? Kudos to people with ugly characters. XD Now, for a character's appearence you want to incorperate what they've been through, the sort of things you think they would ike, and what they might think about when gettin dressed. Example, 'Gee, I'm fighing bears in the woods today then getting ttcked by ninja toasters. Maybe I shouldn't wear my hot pink minisirt and black lace panties...'.

Another thing, try to avoid repeats. Porcilain skin and long black hair, my personal guilty favorite, has been done hundreds of times over. Throw som cat ears on a school girl and you've got half the noob anime covered.

Personality is top notch. What is your character like?

Ask yourself qestions and answer them as your character would. Do you have some change I could borrow? Where'd you get that top? Betch, lemme borrow that top! What would you buy with that kind of money? Who's your friend there?

History

If you're character was dropped in an orphanage then put through all hell to find a family while some greedy bastards are following along for whatever reason, I don't remember, you won't be Miss Merry Sunshine unless of course you're Annie. Reffer to my advice abot not repeating characters. Please.

What your character's been through reflects on ther body, personality, appearence, and general behavior. Was your haracter raped? Then maybe she's uncomfortable around men. Just think about it.

I'll add more to this as questions and thoughts arise.

Burnt Biscuits
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 04-10-2008, 03:41 AM

~<{ Events }>~

Upon opening the thread, the first event will be character fun!

Choose your favorite character that you've created and have he or she or it answer these questions!

1. Will you marry me?

2. Does that otter have -teeth-?!?

3. So where'd you get that top?

4. How was work/school today?

5. I bought you a pony!

6. Old people, pineapple sex, and Nazis... (Caberet ref)

7. Um... I think my gum's stuck in your hair....

8. N..no, this isn't you're wallet! I..I... it's mine! Yeah...

9. So, -could- the Deathnote defeat Chuck Norris?

10. Give me the most random comment you've ever said!

Burnt Biscuits
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 04-13-2008, 08:16 AM

reserved

Burnt Biscuits
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 04-13-2008, 08:35 AM

reserved

Burnt Biscuits
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 04-13-2008, 09:13 AM

reserved

Burnt Biscuits
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 04-16-2008, 08:47 PM

reserved

Burnt Biscuits
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 04-16-2008, 08:49 PM

Please forgive this blank post and move on. ^-^;

Burnt Biscuits
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 04-16-2008, 08:50 PM

reserved

Burnt Biscuits
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 04-16-2008, 08:51 PM

reserved

Burnt Biscuits
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 04-16-2008, 08:51 PM

reserved

Burnt Biscuits
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 04-16-2008, 08:52 PM

reserved

Burnt Biscuits
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 04-16-2008, 08:53 PM

Affiliates:

Legalities:

Until otherwise stated, all contents in the thread belong to the thread and may be taken claim to only by he or she who spawned the idea in the thread. In other words, if you didn't come up with it you have no claim to it.

This goes for imagery, ideas, plots, characters, quotes, ect.

All submissions become poperty of the thread as well as their creator and are subject to use by anyone.

Thank you, and please move on to the next page for plots! It's the only reason you're here, right?

Burnt Biscuits
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 04-16-2008, 08:53 PM

reserved

Burnt Biscuits
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 04-16-2008, 08:55 PM

reserving the ret of this page and the next page

Burnt Biscuits
(◎_◎;)