The Chronicle of Our Adventures

Day 1: Take Your Yan to Work Day!
• Includes coffee, spinny chair

Day 2: Fun at Home!
• Includes animal, manga, bewbs, meat, cooking, panties, sleeping

Day 3: Grocery Adventure
• Includes staying cool, grocery shopping, food, pizza

Day 4: The Mall
• Includes the mall, playing in water, riding along (bike and car)

Day 5: Educational Time at Home

• Includes dinosaurs, dogs, drawing, manga, chocolate x2, moar food, ninjaing

Last edited by Sizzla; 08-12-2011 at 04:03 PM..

Sizzla
Gangsta Biatch
Send a message via AIM to Sizzla

Old 08-11-2011, 04:38 PM

Day 1: Take Your Yan to Work Day!
So today was my first day with my new Yanbaby, and I decided that since I had to work, I'd just go ahead and take him with me.

But before we could get to work, I had to wake myself up. For that, I needed some strong coffee, which Yan seemed interested in.

I wasn't sure about giving a baby coffee, so I tried to keep him away, but he was a little too enthusiastic... I turned around for two seconds and found him diving headfirst into my bag of beans! You've gotta keep your eye on this 'lil guy!

So we headed to work, and all in all, the day was fairly uneventful. Yan sat patiently in my guest chair and doodled on paper with my Sharpie markers, and was pretty well behaved overall, which was kind of surprising considering all the coffee he'd ingested earlier.

Well, he SEEMED to be well behaved at least, until I went to the bathoom...

This is what I came upon when I returned —

Naughty Yan!!

My coworkers didn't really understand, but I think he still had a pretty darn good time at Take Your Yan to Work Day anyway! :XD

Last edited by Sizzla; 08-11-2011 at 05:13 PM..

Sizzla
Gangsta Biatch

Old 08-11-2011, 04:57 PM

Day 2: Fun at Home!

On the second day of my adoption attempt, I took Yan home with me to have a bit of fun.

I thought maybe he and my cat Kali would get along, but she didn't seem to appreciate his enthusiasm for animals... :sweat: Note the ears... XP

Yan took a pretty quick shine to my boyfriend Ian, who happened to be reading some manga out on our porch on his laptop...

But I think what really sold him on hanging out with Ian were the tremendous BEWBS ( . ) ( . ) that he found!

After manga time, I took Yan into the kitchen so he could help me make dinner. The first thing he noticed was the MEAT we were having, and that got him pretty excited.

Then it was time too make our hamburgers, and so I let him help, as I know he's enthusiastic about cooking. I was a bit worried about him getting so close to the George Foreman grill (it was hot!), but it seemed that he knew better, thank goodness! It could have been a big 'ol mess!

After dinner, I showed Yan where he'd be sleeping. In my room, of course!

Little did I know that he'd go snooping around as soon as my back was turned!

Just what I didn't need, a Yan in my underwear drawer!

Thankfully, after all the fun he'd had, he was pretty tired. I know I was weary too, so it was really nice to get him to bed at a reasonable hour. Babies should be in bed early, right? It was 8 p.m., and I thought that was a good time to put him down.

I didn't want him getting up in the middle of the night either, so I thought the sleep mask might be helpful.

Last edited by Sizzla; 08-11-2011 at 05:24 PM..

Sizzla
Gangsta Biatch

Old 08-11-2011, 05:21 PM

Day 3: A Grocery Adventure

On the third day of my Yan adoption experience, I decided to take him grocery shopping, as I hear that's one of his favorite activities. I know he likes food too, so I figured this would be a win-win situation.

It was pretty hot that day, so as soon as we got to the cooler section, he wanted to stay in the coolers so he could stay COOL, but NOT COLD. :D He was also quite enthusiastic about that whipped cream behind him...

He rode along in my buggy, and surprisingly, didn't get too many strange looks. I think that's because I've raised such a well-behaved little guy! :D *props to me for good mom-ness*

But when we got to the frozen pizza, I couldn't tear him away! He jumped right into the freezer to ensure that I'd buy some for him...

When we got home from the store, Yan helped me put the groceries away, but only before I promised to make him some pizza. So reluctantly, I did as he asked. He rejoiced the next day when he found leftovers in the fridge.

Sizzla
Gangsta Biatch

Old 08-12-2011, 03:31 PM

Day 4: The Mall

So on the fourth day of my adoption, I took Yan to the mall.

Now, this is probably one of the crappiest malls around, but I'm a mall-hater, so I like going to places that aren't crammed full of obnoxious teenagers...

First, we stopped at Payless to check out the shoe selection. He isn't as into shoes as I am, but I'm his mom, so I'm dragging him where I need to go too, gosh darnit!

Still, he seemed to like climbing the racks. Good thing I kept a good eye on him! He could have been easily hurt! :gonk:

Then I got splashed as he dove into the fountain! He'd been telling me how badly he wanted to go swimming, and took it upon himself to just jump right in without even asking. *sigh*

After drying him off, we headed to the sporting goods store, where he took quite a shine to the Disney Princesses... and the bike too I guess, even though it's a bit girlier than I expected.

After some strange looks from the people at the sporting goods store, I decided it was time to take Yan home. He rode along in the car quite nicely, and didn't give me any trouble. But then again, it was an effort-free ride, and I know he's into that.

Last edited by Sizzla; 08-12-2011 at 03:57 PM..

Sizzla
Gangsta Biatch

Old 08-12-2011, 03:56 PM

Day 5: Just Some Educational Time at Home
Since I'd taken Yan out and about, I decided that on day 5, I'd teach him some things — like a good parent should. We had some nice hangout time, which later turned ... well ... interesting. Check it out.

First, we spent some time looking at one of my favorite books: a children's encyclopedia I got from my grandparents for one of my birthdays.

I found a few topics I knew Yan would like, so we looked at those first:

DINOSAURS! RAWR!!!

DOGGEHS!!! RUFF!!!!

DRAWING! WOO!

Funny how all three of these subjects were so close to each other! I came to find that Yan likes "D" words.

Speaking of "D" things, we next read through a chapter of Death Note, which I've been trying to get through for a while now (no time!).

And this is where things went wrong...

I wanted some chocolate, and Yan demanded some too — I wasn't surprised, because I know it's one of his favorite foods. First, we had some dark chocolate — full of antioxidants!

But then he found the Reese's eggs...

Since I'd spoiled him with chocolate, I thought I'd try coaxing him to eat something more healthy too. You know what they say about "An apple a day..."

Unfortunately, the chocolate, with all its caffeine and sugar, made Yan a bit crazy... He decided he'd hide from me (those ninja tendencies came out!):

Is that ... A NINJA FART?! :rofl: :lol: :rofl:

And here, we've got him peeking up from behind my laptop... Not so ninja-like really. The fart was much more covert. XP

But then he really DID go missing! Can you spot Yan in this photo? It's like "Where's Waldo?," but "Where's Yan?" instead. XD

It was after that that he really did believe he was a ninja. In fact, he got his hands on something I would rather he wouldn't have... Man, Ian shouldn't keep sharp things just sitting around like this. :sweat:

And he sure did run off with that sword! FAST LIKE NINJA! I had to run after him to grab it before he went after the cat!

I put him into time-out after that. No way was I going to deal with Yan all hopped up on sugar and caffeine anymore! Sharp objects + Yan = Lesson LEARNED.

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 08-21-2011, 04:20 PM

YAN SUCCESSFULLY ADOPTED!