Dare
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Banned

Old 07-08-2007, 10:35 AM

I don't mind Catherine Tate as an actress, but she manages to bring her irony into everything she plays in - but I did enjoy a drama she appeared in earlier on this year 'The Bad Mother's Handbook' or something like that.

I think you'll actually all be proved wrong, Freema was good - but Catherine I think will be just as good - if not better. The shows need a sidekick who can compliment the Doctors humour.

What annoys me however is that the whole series is turning into a celebrity fest. Kylie dives on into the christmas special? Ugh, please.

Seiki Nova
Wishing on Shooting Stars

Old 07-08-2007, 10:43 AM

I've never even heard of Dr. Who DX

sayuri_nitta
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via MSN to sayuri_nitta

Old 07-08-2007, 01:07 PM

I wish I could be, but I've never liked Catherine Tate in anything..I found her irritating in the Christmas special, and considering her character said point blank that she didnt want to join the Doctor at the end of that I cant see the turn around.
I actually liked Freema as Martha, I didnt like so much that they made her character fall in love with the Doctor, but she was a vast improvement over wet Rose..could she have cried anymore? -_-

Fiona
*^_^*
Send a message via MSN to Fiona

Old 07-09-2007, 05:13 AM

I watched one episode to placate my friend Ammay [*cough*more like shut her up xD*cough*], and I was hooked. Christopher Eccleston (spelled wrong? Not sure..<<; )..wow. He probably has the best expressions EVER. They're all so..big. When he's happy, he gets this big grin on his face..

..but I love David Tennant too. [..the inner fangirl in me screams about how hot he is. <<; ] He's just so..quirky. xD

magikjaz
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to magikjaz Send a message via MSN to magikjaz Send a message via Yahoo to magikjaz

Old 07-09-2007, 07:36 AM

eeek! *makes mental note not to read Doctor Who posts*

they just played the first 2 episodes from season 3 here so I'm behind

sarahblack
Send a message via MSN to sarahblack

Old 07-09-2007, 10:24 AM

I haven't seen any of the classic Doctor Who, but I've been watching the remake online. (This is a great website for it.)

I'm still in the middle of the second season and I'm loving it to pieces so far. I liked Christopher Eccelston but I'm afraid I totally lost it with fangirly joy over David Tennant! He is made of utter hot. I just want to hug him and squeeze him and poke him in the nose! xD

I wish I had more time to watch the show, but I'll be caught up soon enough. :P

Aquatica
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Aquatica Send a message via MSN to Aquatica Send a message via Yahoo to Aquatica

Old 07-18-2007, 12:57 PM

I'm a mega new who nerd> I started with CE, and now DT - who is utterly awesome. I love Doctor Who!

fairywoman823
Send a message via MSN to fairywoman823 Send a message via Yahoo to fairywoman823

Old 07-18-2007, 06:38 PM

I love every thing about Doctor Who, and have seen all but the first two episodes of the first season when they started making them again and almost all of the old stough (I saw some of the Jon Pertwee doctor when he goes to another demition?). But I am trying to got my hands on the old series.

Aquatica
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Aquatica Send a message via MSN to Aquatica Send a message via Yahoo to Aquatica

Old 07-18-2007, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahblack
I haven't seen any of the classic Doctor Who, but I've been watching the remake online. (This is a great website for it.)

I'm still in the middle of the second season and I'm loving it to pieces so far. I liked Christopher Eccelston but I'm afraid I totally lost it with fangirly joy over David Tennant! He is made of utter hot. I just want to hug him and squeeze him and poke him in the nose! xD

I wish I had more time to watch the show, but I'll be caught up soon enough. :P
Welcome to the David Tennant fangirl world.

padfootsy
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to padfootsy

Old 07-18-2007, 07:46 PM

I haven't watched much, but i am definately a fan of Dr. Who's scarf.

I considered making one like it, but gave up when I reached a normal scarf length.

Feralin
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via MSN to Feralin

Old 07-18-2007, 08:17 PM

I think it's cheesy and over the top. XP

But my little sister loves it. >o>

sayuri_nitta
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-19-2007, 06:16 AM

Sometimes it is a bit daft but for the most part I like it ^_^

This last series with Martha was kind of hit and miss; some of the episodes were really, really good - others kind of bit.
The Weeping Angels one was very good..the episodes he was a human? Less so XP

Aquatica
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-19-2007, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayuri_nitta
Sometimes it is a bit daft but for the most part I like it ^_^

This last series with Martha was kind of hit and miss; some of the episodes were really, really good - others kind of bit.
The Weeping Angels one was very good..the episodes he was a human? Less so XP
I thought the one where he was human (human nature/family of blood) was amazing. I loved blink too. But I agree it was a but hit and miss. I hated Smith and Jones and 42, and alot of others weren't that good, but I thought from Human Nature onewards it was amazing.

sayuri_nitta
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-19-2007, 10:54 AM

I really didnt like it, the Doctor as a human was so weak and whiny - the woman he loved had more balls then him o_O
I liked the Family though, they were wonderfully loony heh

I think the only one I really hated was the one where they met Shakespeare - couldnt even watch it, was sooo dull

Aquatica
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-19-2007, 02:11 PM

Quote:
I really didnt like it, the Doctor as a human was so weak and whiny - the woman he loved had more balls then him o_O
I liked the Family though, they were wonderfully loony heh

I think the only one I really hated was the one where they met Shakespeare - couldnt even watch it, was sooo dull
I think that was part of it - he was so different from the Doctor. And David's acting was amazing.

I didn't really like the Shakespere one either, I mean, it was O.K, I didn't hate it, but, like you said, it was dull.

Aurilia
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-21-2007, 09:52 PM

I've only seen the end of season 2 and the entire season 3 - I LOVE LOVE LOVE season 3. I hope he keeps Martha Jones as his companion...

I am yet to watch season one and the rest of season 2. <3

Aurilia
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-21-2007, 09:54 PM

Oh, and I LOVED the episodes where he was human..."Children of Blood", was it?
The weeping angels one was ok, and I seem to be the only one who HATED the ones with the Master. :P

My favorite one was the one with that highway going in circles forever and ever - OMG Catpeople = Love! 8 D

sayuri_nitta
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-21-2007, 10:59 PM

Well I'm sorry to be the one to tell you but his companion is going to be Catherine Tate's character (the runaway bride ), Martha apparently isnt going to show up for the first few number of episodes.

She will be starring in Torchwood if you watch that at all?

Spatterdash
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-22-2007, 01:30 PM

Ah, yeah, I love Doctor Who. Loved the new series, and although I've seen hardly any of the older stuff, I'd love to track some of it down. 'Specially the ones with Tom Baker.

Last series, like all the rest, varied in quality a little. 42 was really bad, and a total ripoff of the space station episodes they had the year before. But Blink, with the weeping angels, was fantastic, and I loved the finale. I've been a fan of John Simm (the guy who played the Master) since Life on Mars, and it was really entertaining seeing him as a crazy bad guy.

Aquatica
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-22-2007, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Well I'm sorry to be the one to tell you but his companion is going to be Catherine Tate's character (the runaway bride ), Martha apparently isnt going to show up for the first few number of episodes.

For me, that's good...

Aurilia
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-22-2007, 08:57 PM

Quote:

Omg are you serious? T__T
I gotta read that up, I vaguely remember her...she was ok, but I just like Martha a lot.
Yup, I do watch Torchwood! Didn't like it as much as Dr. Who, but I'll definitely keep watching it. Now I'm glad that my hubby introduced me to that show.

sayuri_nitta
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-23-2007, 09:37 AM

Yeah, they first announced it on Radio 1, and sooo many people texted in going on about how it was a very bad idea.
Martha will be in the next series but that bride woman will be his main companion I believe

Aquatica
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-23-2007, 08:32 PM

I really didn't like Martha at first, she got good, but about half way through the Series. I way prefered Donna.

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 07-23-2007, 10:03 PM

I'm not looking forward to Catherine Tate being the new assistant :? i liked Martha, but we shall have to wait and see wont we?
i wonder if this will be David Tennant's last season as the Doctor, i believe it will.

I'd heard a nasty rumour that the show was going to be scrapped..

sayuri_nitta
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-23-2007, 10:53 PM

I'm looking forward to the Christmas special at any rate, I dont believe I've seen Kylie acting in anything since the episode of the Vicar of Dibley that she quest starred in XD