Arlit
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-12-2008, 06:49 PM

Thanks Sel ^__^
I agree with some of the things stated on the list,
I think that the repetition of things in the book is rather tedious to read through all the time.

I mean I have read the first three books multiple times,
and every time I read them there are many small details about them that may have been altered to better the novels.

I don't think there is any debate about the books,
They are cliche and I think that is why so many people like them.
Modern day Romeo and Juliet.
I read them for the story itself.
No matter how lacking it is I still enjoyed the books.

I think if maybe a more experienced writer had taken the same story and written a book they may have done a better job but I am not here to criticize the writer.

Selmarixie
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-12-2008, 07:37 PM

The exact reason I don't want to pull this out into a debate, I don't want to start something with someone who isn't interested. :3

Though I would disagree on the Romeo and Juliet thing. xD I won't go into why.

And i'd still like to know if anyone has other projects the actors and actresses have done before the Twilight movie. It will give me a chance to judge them by talent, instead of my dislike for the books.

Arlit
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-12-2008, 09:43 PM

Sel:
Kristen Stewart was Jess(the daughter) in that horror/thriller The Messangers, and she also played the teenage daughter in The Land of Women with Adam Brody.
Awhile back she played the daughter in Panic Room as well. She has some decent credentials imho.
I think she could portray Bella, I think she is a relatively good young actress.

Robert Pattinson played in a couple of the Harry Potter movies as Cedric Diggory. I am not a personal fan of his.

Just got to www.imdb.com and look up twilight (2008).
It has a cast listing and the links to the actors pages with their previous projects ^___^

evefarrel
Dead Account Holder

Old 03-12-2008, 11:34 PM

Oh yes I forgot, when they make a great book into a movie they mess it up so bad that the only thing left is maybe the basic plot and the character names. They did it with Harry Potter, ruined the movies.

Arlit
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-13-2008, 04:28 AM

Ahh but that is why I find it easier to enjoy the movies if you think of them as separate entities all together.
Like as if the book didn't even exist.
Take Harry Potter for example,
of the movies I have seen I liked them,
but I never liked the books.
I just couldn't get into them.
=/

You have to look at it in a different way than you would a book too. ^.^

Selmarixie
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-14-2008, 07:58 PM

I agree. When you take a book and turn it into a movie, things have to be left out. You have no choice, really, that's just the way it is when you're moving one medium to another like that, else you would end up with a 4 hour long flick that hardly anyone but hardcore fans would want to sit through. There isn't any way they could get every single detail into every single Harry Potter movie, but they did a decent job in my opinion. (I will say though, some Book to Movies come out like total crap on a stick. xD)

Also, I like my horror movies, and I think I've seen The Messangers. Though I would need to be reminded of something in the movie to be able to tell you for sure. I watch too many things to remember all of them. x_x; Speaking of which.. I have to go check for the next Star Trek from Netflix. xD

Harmonia
*^_^*

Old 03-15-2008, 03:53 PM

You know, I've never read the books but the premise sounds really interesting. I may just go to see this when it comes out and, in the meantime, check out the books upon which it is based. :)

Fabby
KHAAAAAAAAN~

Old 03-15-2008, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlit
Ahh but that is why I find it easier to enjoy the movies if you think of them as separate entities all together.
Like as if the book didn't even exist.
Take Harry Potter for example,
of the movies I have seen I liked them,
but I never liked the books.
I just couldn't get into them.
=/

You have to look at it in a different way than you would a book too. ^.^

-Nods- If you're trying to compare the books with the movies, you're setting yourself up to be disappointed with what may otherwise be a decent movie.

Sparrow
⊙ω⊙
Banned
Send a message via AIM to Sparrow

Old 03-16-2008, 03:37 AM

I love the books so much! I really really hope that the movie isn't too far from it. I've looked at the cast and they're basically almost exactly as pictured them! I can barely wait for the movie to come out but it's going to be such a long wait. I heard that the movie theater in my town might close and if it does before the movie I think I'm going to probably cry because I don't know where the next closest movie theater is. But I will see it one way or another!!!!

Arlit
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-16-2008, 04:36 PM

I heard that they want to wrap up production by the end of 2008.
I think thats super fast seeing as how they just started production last month!
I really hope that in their haste they don't get to sloppy with the finer details of the story.

Mint Car
*^_^*

Old 03-16-2008, 05:16 PM

Well the movie is supposed to come out December 12th so I'm guessing that filming won't take too long and there are not all too many special effects.

Arlit
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-16-2008, 07:57 PM

True, not a lot of special effects.
I really hope that the effects they do have aren't cheesy.
I dread the thought of crappy special effects. >.<

I was terribly disappointed when I saw Eragon for that reason among others. *lesigh*

rozabee
Dead Account Holder

Old 03-16-2008, 08:42 PM

I think I may be one of the only ones who's really happy with the cast. I've never been part of the Twilight fan base; I just read the books as some sort of cheap fun. But Kirsten Stewart is great; she was in the Lifetime & HBO version of Speak, which was actually really great, mostly because Stewart can easily do a moody repressed teenager that you are frustrated with but sympathize with at the same time. I think she'll be a great Bella, and with her as an actress the Bella of the movies may end up having more depth than the Bella of the books.

Selmarixie
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-19-2008, 04:40 AM

Apologies for not being around. Computer troubles and all.

On the subject of special effects..
Though I probably won't see it, I wonder how they will do the sparkling, if at all?

If they don't plan to use special effects, then.. will it be the come back of Body Glitter?

Arlit
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-19-2008, 06:33 AM

Wow.. that would be something..
Full on body glitter xD
I mean there are some things I find very amateur about the books, but if they did that to the movie..
I think I would cry lol.

I personally am not terribly worried I mean its great that they are making a movie period.
I think I am more excited for Stephenie's new book, 'The Host' to come out in May!
I will probably go pre-order it tomorrow actually.
If you haven't heard about it yet you should check out her website and read the exert.

I am already in love with the story ^__^

Selmarixie
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-19-2008, 08:02 AM

Is it another piece to the 'Twilight' puzzle, or a totally new stand alone non-related book/starting of a series?

Arlit
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-23-2008, 01:47 AM

No tie in to Twilight what so ever as far as I know.
New story line,
new characters.
I believe its supposed to be an adult novel.
Not that its erotic or anything but for a more mature reader. ^_^

Mint Car
*^_^*

Old 03-23-2008, 02:02 AM

First of all to answer rozabee; I am very happy with most of the cast. I was iffy about a few of them but the pictures from the set are extremely promising.

I'm guessing that the glitter will be done in post because I can't imagine body glitter giving off a diamond effect but then you never know. They could omit it but I doubt that because they've mentioned more than once that they couldn't film on sunny days because they can't have Edward in the sun so that would imply that they would show the reason.

The Host is not tied to Twilight at all other than they are written by the same person and are both love stories.

Vye
*^_^*

Old 08-05-2008, 11:47 PM

Aww other Twilight obsessed fans. I'm not sure how I feel about it being made into a movie. I've known about Twilight being made into a movie for a long time now, and have been following it on facebook, and on on Stephenie's offical site. It's exciting, but I have the feeling that there will be a lot of fans that may be let down.

So when I go and see the movie I will not watch it as Twilight the book, I will try and enjoy it as Twilight the movie.

I love all the actors they have choosen as all the characters. Hey they can act, who cares if they don't look the part, as long as they can act the part, that's all that matters.

Anyways I'm reading Breaking Dawn as we speak.

Aceo12
De-activated

Old 08-06-2008, 11:33 AM

i want to see it

Miss_Ericka_Court
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Miss_Ericka_Court Send a message via Yahoo to Miss_Ericka_Court

Old 08-06-2008, 03:12 PM

Wow, I cannot wait! I hope that the movie will retain the splendor of the book. The cast looks pretty good.

22Tsuji22
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-06-2008, 07:53 PM

Omg this movie is going to be amazing!<3 Robert Pattinson as Edward=win

Cloth Roses
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Cloth Roses Send a message via MSN to Cloth Roses

Old 08-08-2008, 10:09 AM

It makes my brain hurt a bit, I won't be going, but I imagine my friends will try and drag me, they're all obsessed and they squealed at the preview when we went to the movies. If it's bad, I'll hear about it surely.

Kid

Old 08-08-2008, 11:56 AM

I have been in such agony waiting for this to come out! Dx
I've already read all four books, and they are sooo awesome!
Oh, and Jacob Actor OWNS ALL! As good a choice they made for Edward and Bella, I like Jacob's more personally.

amyrex2
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-08-2008, 04:33 PM

This is now officially on my to read list. If I go see it I want to have read it first. The stills I have seen of it are really nice.