hanahaki disease
wistful

Old 08-06-2016, 03:13 PM

You hold in your hands a timeless tome, the thickest you've ever seen. And just as certainly as the universe expands, so eternally it thickens. When the binding simply cannot take another page, it crosses into a new volume. And so it goes on.

For we go on textwalling. Whether or not it's something to be proud of, here, we celebrate it.

hanahaki disease
wistful

Old 08-06-2016, 03:15 PM

Reserved[

hanahaki disease
wistful

Old 08-06-2016, 03:17 PM

Another reserve

---------- Post added 08-06-2016 at 08:49 PM ----------

Last one... just in case

Last edited by hanahaki disease; 08-06-2016 at 03:34 PM..

hanahaki disease
wistful

Old 08-06-2016, 03:34 PM

You hold it in your hands, you can taste the scent of pixel paper. Slowly, you open it.

The title page welcomes you.

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 08-06-2016, 06:39 PM

Hi there, Siren Sonder! I hope that it is okay to start typing in here. I think that is so cool, your idea of having a thread dedicated to textwalling! I will try my best to begin with my very own textwall, if that is okay with you.

I am currently watching Curb Your Enthusiasm, specifically the third episode of the fifth season. I have been watching several episodes a day in an attempt to finish as much of the show I can before my classes start again next week. I want to be able to finish as much as I can right now so that I will have more time to concentrate on my studies instead of having the urge to watch another episode. This show is absolutely hilarious, and I think a lot of the jokes and references in Larry David's show are so clever. My significant other recommended that I watch Curb Your Enthusiasm after learning that I was a huge fan of Seinfeld. Seinfeld was written by Jerry Seinfeld and Larry David, the latter of which is the writer and star of Curb Your Enthusiasm, so he figured I would also really like this show. And he was so right about that!

Hum dee dum, what else can I talk about? Oh! Well my significant other lives in a different state, so we are in a long distance relationship for the time being. But he is coming in next weekend to visit me, hooray! I will introduce him to some of my friends from various points in my life, and we will dine and go exploring together and get to spend some alone time catching up on shows or movies together. I am really excited for that because I have not seen him in almost a month now, I believe. Well, not counting things like talking over Skype and phone, which are just not the same as having each other close by physically. So I am looking forward to that.

hanahaki disease
wistful

Old 08-07-2016, 07:08 AM

Hi there Sal-E! That's totally cool; my previous post was a snipping-the-ribbon thing after all. Textwalling is the way we're supposed to roll here no pressure though!

H'mmm, I've tried little bits of Seinfeld and Friends and shows like that, but I don't think shows that are mostly comedy are really my thing. I love the kind of comedy that actually makes me physically laugh out loud though! I think I'm going to get to watching more comedy anime. You are lucky to be free from classes right now! I'm feeling pretty miffed that my weekend is coming to an end and I'll have to get through classes once more!

That's so sweet! Everything you've planned sounds perfect, I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time

As for how I've spent my weekend, Saturday flew by in researching things, but I did enjoy it- I enjoy most everything I have to do for my literature class. (It's the other classes I'm miffed about. My Quantitative Reasoning one requires me to interpret a load of data and I'm a total noob to Excel, so... ). Yesterday I also got to talk to one of my best friends after much too long! I joined a college that's in the middle of nowhere, so it took a while to get WiFi, and even cellular networks went poof for a bit. I invited her here, it'll be wonderful to talk to her here and maybe RP with her on Mene. Today I watched The Princess Bride. I'm planning to read one of the assigned novels for my college course later... if I'm able to do the data thing first.

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 08-07-2016, 01:50 PM

This is totally me when I feel like it. I can't force it, but I, too, am a wall o' texter. Nice pixel art book.

hanahaki disease
wistful

Old 08-07-2016, 02:42 PM

Yes! And it's nice to not have to apologize for it.

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 08-07-2016, 03:07 PM

And there I am in your siggie! Another reason to feel famous.

hanahaki disease
wistful

Old 08-07-2016, 03:12 PM

Aw yeah I felt like what you said summed up in a nutshell why Mene feels so cosy and belonging-y to me; just had to put it in my signature.

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 08-07-2016, 03:14 PM

I like sites that are more varied and exciting, like New York City or somesuch. That's probably why I post in so many threads. It feels more active that way.

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 08-07-2016, 09:23 PM

I am starting classes again soon and have moved in and I do not know where my roommate is. I have only met her in passing but I know what she looks like, sort of, from her facebook photographs (since we added each other as friends on facebook) and the photographs she has around the room. We are sleeping in the same room but fortunately it is not crowded here. I really lucked out with the largest possible room of our arrangement. I am starting to feel hungry because it is almost dinner time here where I am. I am wondering what I should eat for dinner. I have a bunch of things in the fridge I could just pop into the microwave and heat up and eat. I should do that once I am done with this textwall.

I have this new rug thingamajig that I put on the floor underneath my desk. I wiped the floor first before I put it down because I don't think anyone has cleaned the floor in this room in ages. There is not that much dust, but the wooden floor is very obviously dirty. Well, except for the floor underneath my desk now since I wiped it so many times.

hanahaki disease
wistful

Old 08-08-2016, 02:07 AM

What course are you studying in college, Sal-E? My major is humanities. (Combines English, History and Philosophy.) I wanted to major in English but this isn't bad either, next best thing. My room is nice enough, not crowded or anything, but the only thing we can do to clean it is sweep it. We can't mop or vacuum. So it doesn't feel clean enough. But I'm wearing slippers in the room all the time, except when I get on the bed, anyway. So I guess it doesn't matter.

I'm having trouble with that Excel assignment and asked one of my classmates for help. I'm very happy there's someone willing to help me, but it's unclear whether we decided on before class or after (we got a little confused about today's schedule.) Oh well, we'll see ^_^

Where I am it's morning, and I just had breakfast. The hostel food isn't great, but generally catering food is a lot worse- I remember my school food *shudder*. Today I had idly and vada with sambar and coconut chutney.

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 08-08-2016, 11:45 PM

If I discussed my school status, I would start crying. School makes me so sad…

Symphony of the Night
(◎_◎;)

Old 08-09-2016, 10:29 PM

School doesn't really make me sad per se but that might be part of the reason I do not go into detail about what I am studying, because it comes with just a tiny bit of stress sometimes

idly and vada with sambar and coconut chutney :o

I only recognize the words and, with, coconut, and chutney

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 08-09-2016, 10:45 PM

It's so, so draining. I need some fun time, you know?

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 08-10-2016, 05:30 PM

If you manage your time well then you can finish all of the schoolwork and studying needed and still have time for fun

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 08-10-2016, 05:45 PM

I don't work fast enough for that. It's forced fun time on the weekend and during breaks.

Symphony of the Night
(◎_◎;)

Old 08-10-2016, 06:15 PM

that is good too

did you know in the olden days there was no such thing as weekends

people just worked every day except for a holiday

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 08-10-2016, 06:38 PM

Well, of course. Times used to be harder.

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 08-10-2016, 08:26 PM

yes now a lot of us are used to being more lazy

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 08-10-2016, 09:54 PM

*imagines Salvete optimistically churning butter to bring back that old-timey work ethic*

hanahaki disease
wistful

Old 08-11-2016, 12:12 AM

I'm sorry school stresses you two so much. That was certainly true of me during high school (worst two years of my life) but I like college much better. Maybe because I actually want to study what I'm studying here, even if it takes over my life.

The round white thing is idly, the round brown thing is vada, and the orangey thing in the bowl is sambar.

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 08-11-2016, 02:19 AM

It turns out what I want to study isn't something you can get a degree and a decent-paying job for.

Symphony of the Night
(◎_◎;)

Old 08-11-2016, 04:01 AM

Siren Sonder what culture is your food from

the vada looks soo good *drools*

---------- Post added 08-11-2016 at 04:02 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amane View Post
It turns out what I want to study isn't something you can get a degree and a decent-paying job for.
Amane what do you want to study

there are always ways to incorporate what you want to study into the existing majors