Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 03-26-2015, 12:16 AM

March 25th 2015: Hogwarts House

Hmm I'm not sure. I like the way Raven Claw sounds but I'm not 100% sure on the differences between all he houses.

RL/Mene News:
  • Worked 9-5 today. I don't know how it gets so dirty under our sinks when I'm not there but Jeez them kids. xD
  • Got home late around 6 The weather is horrible right now. >.< Walking with the wind and slushy in your face.
  • Alt Tracker 1000/3500 :D

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 03-26-2015, 09:51 PM

March 26th 2015: The last thing I bought

The last thing I bought was a green blazer. I plan on adding some question marks to it to create a cheap Cosplay. :D I'm going to a Comic Heroes/Villains Charity social and when looking at my local thrift shop it kinda jumped out at me. It's going to be awesome. I'm going as the Riddler. I'm not sure if I'll have time to make the cane or not, but it's pretty iconic of that particular villain.

RL/Mene News:
  • Worked 10:30-3:30. We had a big order as well as our shipment came in so it was crazy pants. Just the way I like it. :D
  • I have a bunch of art to finish before Easter weekend. I can DO IT. So this is going to be an art night for sure.

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 03-27-2015, 02:01 PM

March 27th 2015: I won!

Hmm It's been a while since I've won anything. I think my last major thing was the admins pick for VDay.

RL/Mene News:
  • Worked 10:00-3:00 today. It's crazy slippery and my boss picked me up from home. She's awesome like that. :D
  • I want to eat everything lately. Not impressed with myself. I had pudding and apple turn over for breakfast. :(

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 03-29-2015, 06:33 PM

March 28th 2015: Today's Admin's Pick

Kilia's cute wolf boy in the desert avatar is a lovely example of how a bg can bring something together. Looking at the avatar itself you wouldn't think desert, maybe more like a cityscape or some kind of woodsy area. The desert bg makes it tell a whole other story. Plus who doesn't like a wolf boy with Tattoo's?

RL/Mene News:
  • Was really busy Saturday. Took Lilith out, went for dinner did some cleaning.
  • I was cleaning my bf's room till like 1 AM!! And it was barely scratching the surface. :(
  • Tried a new awesome Mexican place. They use all local ingredients. Yummy and healthier than taco bell.:D
  • Today I got 3190g bonus gold from posting in the St.Patrick's gold challenge! Also I got one of the awesome golden tickets as well as the event EI!
  • I made a new avatar with the EI. I'll post it shortly.

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 03-29-2015, 09:53 PM

March 29th 2015: It's a Conspiracy!

Or is it? Yeah probably. I believe in a few "conspiracy theories" Mostly the ones involving aliens and high ups keeping them from us. I don't care so much about "The New World Order" ones with the bankers. Though some people connect them together foolishly. Rest assured that money is a strange human idea not held by many other intelligent life forms.
Zork zork needs a house? k let's build it! No change of money just people helping people. :)
I think for now, until we learn to live together as one human race and leave or tribal warfare behind we had better keep to ourselves. It would be foolish to start trying to make contact with others that are more advanced than we are that work more as a unit than we do. As much as I like the idea of a utopian Star Trek like democracy of other worlds, we can barely make ours work. Never mind trying to add more peoples to it. :(

RL/Mene News:
  • A nice slow day of art, cooking, menewsha and some D3 :D
  • Alt Tracker: 2000/3500 for the next 18 gloves. :D More than halfway there.

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 03-30-2015, 01:12 AM

A Day Out!

On Saturday I went out with Lilith to the Museum of Man and Nature. It was a great day. We took in two exhibits. One was the show liner of spring break called "Real Pirates" I was an interesting and fun exhibit with lots of things to get kids and adult interested in learning. We got to tie knots and search for treasure with a small group. Sadly there wasn't any photography allowed in the exhibit area. :( How cool would it have been to get a picture beside the pirate treasure? We had tons of fun anyway.
To my surprise it was less expensive to take in two shows than it would be to go to just one so we hit up the science area afterward. We saw a tornado machine, played with some space rocks (damn those thing are heavy) and a bunch of other things. We meet up with Chris later on and went out for Tacos at a new place. It was pretty good. :D

... .

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 03-30-2015, 07:16 PM

March 30th 2015: Favorite Mene Item

Visually I don't have a favorite. I love them all and they're all useful for all sort of things. Sentimentally my favorite item is the V-day Boa because my little sister gave it to me for christmas a few years back. I'm also a big fan of all the NPC items because with most of them it was a huge challenge to get OR a really fun RP situation with the NPCs. :)

RL/Mene News:
  • I want to get 2 images done and loaded today. My personal dead line is in 2 days for getting all of Aprils 9 finished pictures. I still need to do like 5 of them. >.< Busy day ahead yay coffee!
  • If I get the 2 images done I'm gong to work on my Riddler Costume. Which I can use for my October updates.

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 03-31-2015, 10:22 PM

March 31th 2015: Spring flowers

The seeds lay dormant under the permafrost of Canadas tundra until the warm month of july. . . OK so maybe not that bad this year. Right now everything is still in it's brown and dirty looking "It-could-still-snow" Phase. They won't really start showing spring colors until late May, mid-June.

I has rained once already so that was some hope...however it turned into freezing rain and my the road very dangerous. Walking to work on those days was insane. slip slip slip. No fall though so yay!

~*~

I have three Images left to make it to my personal goal of finishing Aprils work in March. I woke up kind of late so we'll see how far I can get. However having this much of April done at this point make's me more and more excited for the overall goal of being ready for 2016 renovations. :D

Even if I do 3 weeks worth extra every month I'll have 36 weeks worth extra by the time I deal with Renos. Which Is AWESOME! Since I don't plan For them to take more than 3 weeks to do.

RL/Mene News:
  • I had half Korean BBQ rice bowl for lunch. 220 Half a muffin breakfast 210. Then I ate the rest of the rice bowl/muffin threw out the day. +430

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 04-02-2015, 12:42 AM

April 1 st 2015: This month's Goals

This month is ALL about keeping up with my current things. Continue pushing forward and doing more. Eventually someone will see it and maybe even like it.

Three main Things:

Finish a Cosplay
Art - I have a few Images already planed out for Aprils Updates, most of them are for a mene Contest. Also my Month WWOEC. To be honest lately the WWOEC is less and less fun.
pack/clean to be ready for renos. :D

Doing and hour of each thing everyday will get me there. :D

RL/Mene News:
  • Woot! A new monthly challenge! :D
  • A full Work Day plus 4 hours of art is the plan. Ahhh! I didn't make my goal for March. :( BUT it probably wasn't that doable of a goal to begin with. I'm still aiming for getting months ahead. :)

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 04-02-2015, 02:23 PM

April 2nd 2015: CAKE!
RL/Mene News:

Chocolate cheesecake please
I'll be enjoying some hopefully this weekend for my birthday. :)
* ~

So the girls I work with are awesome. They surprised me today with a gift basket full of treats, candles and some new sandles. XD Lilith already yoinked the huge orange crush lollipop that was in there so I need to take picture.
  • I had egg and toast for breakfast. It was good. :D 270 ham sammich for lunch 380 with a small piece of cake 240

Last edited by Nephila; 04-02-2015 at 09:22 PM..

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 04-03-2015, 11:48 PM

April 3rd 2015: So These new updates. . .

wut about updates? Hmm Well I've been working all week to get to a happy medium. The bf will be over soon and I'm not happy with where I am. :( I hate when that happens.

RL/Mene News:
  • So much cleaning at work today. Not much energy left for other things.
  • Alt Traker 3000/3500 :D Soooon 18 more items and 2 pages down.

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 04-05-2015, 07:20 PM

April 4th 2015: Quest Progress

My quest is going amazingly! I honestly thought I'd never get to the point of questing for commons. I love being able to get the new items when they come out instead of save for crazy expensive items.

I just finished buying what I didn't have from pages 1&2 of The Glove box. I'm almost half way threw the store. :D With 166/273 items. It's fun putting the shop numbers into a generator to see which one comes next. So far I've been able to keep my base 100K while buying out the commons in the event shops.

RL/Mene News:
  • I had Cake and tacos for my birthday. :D
  • Alt Traker 250/2500 for what I don't have on pg 3

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 04-06-2015, 08:23 PM

April 5th &6th 2015: Keep Games away from me!...Tasty!

It's still the first week of April and I'd really like to achieve my goal of being well into May's Art load. sadly I'm not because it was Easter/my birthday this weekend. I hate making progress then loosing it. >.< I also went threw some old things and donated a box worth of old CDs/DvDs and PPC games and found some old art stuff. With a little love I think I'll be using them to fill in gaps of May. I might actually hit this goal today IF I don't play any D3 or Mene Games. I hate having to choose but I want this bad SO I'm doing an all art day for both Monday and Tuesday. :)

As for tasty left overs anyone? XD

RL/Mene News:
  • Spent time with Family on Sunday and went egg hunting.
  • Went for a couple long walks during the weekend. Trying to keep up/get back fitness. XD
  • Got an amazing new camera for my birthday. I think I said this somewhere already but it's really great. XD
  • Alt Tracker ...500/2500 (should be 750) >.<

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 04-08-2015, 07:17 AM

April 7th 2015: Something new

I've been very under the weather for the last couple of days. To the point of where I started wondering what appendicitis feels like. Thankfully I didn't end up in the hospital. I spent 3 hours+ in a hot bath on Monday followed by 12 hours of coma like sleep to only be woken up to an insane amount of pain across my belly. I'm still a bit tender from it. It feels like I over stretched muscle while at the same time as being bloated. Then a headache from hello set in to top it off. I would think that it's almost time for my period but I just had it like a week ago.

So that's new.

Some how threw all the pain I was in monday/tuesday I did it. I finished all of my May Updates in the first week of April. :D LOVE IT! Now I have the rest of the week to dedicate to Mene and my Cosplay project. (all my Cosplays will be in an October update cuz SMART) I might even start a few sketches for June. :D Next Saturday I'll be taking Lilith to her geology class again then to Chris's to clean while we wait for her. When we were separated he left EVERYTHING on the ground there was literaly an inch worth of papers take-way containers and pop/bere can everywhere. (man what did I do to him LOL)

Ooo! I made this cute magic kitty avatar I think before the weekend actually. XD

Last edited by Nephila; 04-09-2015 at 04:31 AM..

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 04-10-2015, 06:40 AM

April 8th&9th 2015: Work Was

Well it was...tense today. A couple of the girls hate this other girl for whatever reason and they were gossiping back and forth about her. Fairly normal. Sad thing is part of it was even in front of her and she never even said anything to them when it happened. Part of me wants to tell my manager whats happening the other part wants nothing to do with it. I really don't like working a shift where three of the five people there can't stand each other. Makes everything feel crapy and like I want to move to a more positive place. Then I re think because I know those types are everywhere.

Homework Cleaning. So I have a choice to make schedule wise. Either clean Saturday or go to a mini con. Day pass is only $10. . . I kinda want to but kinda don't because 10 is for the entrance, to a huge awesome shop place. I want to save for Renos and for the main Con I go to in May. But I'd really like to give my new camera a go with all the costumes that will be there. *sighh*

RL/ Mene News:
  • I won some awesome prizes from the FOWN contest. :D Chicken in a Chokehold, Silver medal AND some gold. :D
  • Soon time for another weekend art worky on thing.

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 04-12-2015, 09:56 PM

April 10th-12th 2015: WHAT THA!?! QQ?

The past few days have been awesome, fun and busy. I love it. They didn't at all suit the three prompts "I Cried over, Everything is impossible, or When I'm Sad."

I'm pretty opposite of the "Everything is impossible" Nothing is impossible. It's only impossible if you don't want it enough or ...you run out of money. That's why I hate money so much. It limits your souls experiences while on Earth forcing you to take more lifetimes than other wise needed. It's all good though. XD

We went to a "flea market" on Saturday. There are so many characters selling items in there that it's almost a show in itself. I swear the reality shows need to go to this flea market. XD The characters were:

"The Eccentric Professor" - He had lots of odd old items and was ready to give you a lesson on ALL of them. He was wearing sandals with socks, short shorts, a long "50's wife" apron, and a hat that could most kindly be described as...colorful.
"Militant Mo" - Large bearded Cree man. Tall, built and ready to sell you the security of a good knife for a low price.
"The Shameless Sisters" - These two weren't so much concerned about selling their wears as who was correct about their episode theories. The were yelling back and forth for 20 mins before some one from another stall told em to shut it. I couldn't help but laugh. XD
"Pretty Punk" - A young punk girl was watching over her dads stall while he went for lunch. She had a cute black and purple half hawk and many piercings.
"Magic Mama" - A large wise witchy woman that I ended up talking to for over an hour. We went from healing rocks to herbs and incense to witches in the media to Calgary Expo (a scifi convention) and scifi. She sold pretty geodes and other shiny display minerals as well and a few fan-ish stuff. We're both into Star Trek and a few other shows. I love when conversations just happen like that.

RL/ Mene News:
  • I found perfect gloves and a great base for the cane of my Riddler Costume. :D Finding a solid purple tie is proving horribly annoying. I might have to fudge the vision and do a black one. >.<
  • Alt Tracker: 2000/2500 !

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 04-13-2015, 09:17 PM

April 13th 2015: The Last Hug!

Hmm my last hug. It was from my bf to say good-morning before we left for brunch. The clouds looked beautiful white and fluffy today. I might go for a walk after dinner to take some pictures. :D After yesterday huge rain it's a welcome change.

Waiting for paint to dry/glue to cure is the WORSE part of any Cosplay project. Urge to poke rising...but if you poke it you give yourself a lot more work to do. XD 5PM is when I can add a new layer to my current item. I put it in a hidden corner so I don't have to look at it while it drys. I also have another thing on the go that doesn't get another layer until 12AM. I find it better to do multiple things at once to reduce urge to poke. :)

RL/ Mene News:
  • Made a meet the teacher appointment.
  • I've been working out a deal for some commons in Trade for something I won an Extra of. :D It's a lot of work but it's been going pretty smoothly. I want to get another colour listed sometime today
  • I want to work on a BG for a contest image as well as sketch up a new character image for the same contest. :)
  • Alt Tracker: 0/? (I'll get back to this after the commons offer is sorted)

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 04-14-2015, 07:04 PM

April 14th 2015: Spring cleaning

It's hard to do spring cleaning when you put most of your things in boxes. Right now I have a bunch of boxes that are going to a local charity so I have to keep them separate from everything else. It kinda created a no go zone that needs to be dealt with. . . some day. XD

I went out to lunch with Chris. His uncle has a Taco Truck. It's his third year with it and they're doing really well. His uncle and Aunt are such cute people. Makes me happy to see them.

RL/ Mene News:
  • Another day another layer of podge and paint. :D
  • Still sorting out colors for the offer.
  • Alt Tracker: 250/3880

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 04-16-2015, 12:18 AM

April 15th 2015: Fairy Tales

I feel like Dorothy in Oz. It's really windy outside today. I was lucky to get a ride to and from work though. Feeling lazy and sleepy. However I want to get two main things done tonight. A finished sketch and sorting out a few things in an offer. I'm so ready for sleep right now. >.<

RL/ Mene News:
  • Last layers of podge and paint on tonight. :D
  • Sorting out last color for the offer sometime tonight. yay!
  • Alt Tracker: 250/3880

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 04-18-2015, 04:10 AM

April 16th & 17th2015: Easter Bunny

My mom dressed as the Easter Bunny at a comic con one year. . .she's where I get my strangeness. This was in recent memory.

Yup I merged two days together. XD I was a zombie last night and decided eating pudding and pizza at 2AM was something a normal person would do. WTF NEPH! Stop eating when you should be sleeping. ARG! My mood over all was meh and cloudy. Not very me. I think the tide is about to come in.

RL/ Mene News:
  • I won a Users Pick! :D yay!
  • I made a new avatar. :D
  • Almost finished the Jacket. It's curing right now. :)
  • Alt Tracker: 1000/3880

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 04-19-2015, 07:27 PM

April 18th&19th: Countdown and This months CI

Hehe I love beyonce. Makes me happy when I dance to her music. The countdown can mean a few things for me right now.

The countdown to Keycon, till Summer, Lilith's future, 2016 renovations. I have so many things on the horizon. It's not at the point of being overwhelming yet so I continue questing for commons and chatting around Mene. :D

Our two CI's this month Pesky Kitties and Cybernaut Interceptor were wonderful. I think I'll be using Cybernaut Interceptor quite often since I'm a Sci Fi fanatic. I can see a few fun ideas for it. I also think it layers nicely with some of our other items.

RL/ Mene News:
  • Extremely busy day on Saturday! I'll be posting about it shortly when I get the photos off my camera. :D
  • ARG! I keep forgetting to load my avatars!

Last edited by Nephila; 04-19-2015 at 09:23 PM..

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 04-19-2015, 09:28 PM

The Scientific Endeavors of Lil' Lilith

On Saturday the eighteenth of April my daughter Lilith became a diploma earning scholar of Carrer Trek's Ready to Work Program under the faculty of Geology studies. Way back in grade four she was nominated by her teachers to join this program because of her grades and attitude towards study. It's been an exciting part of both of our lives ever since. She's meet many new people threw this experience and has begun setting down her foundations in life. I'm so proud of her!

We've spent our past 10 Saturdays from 9 - 3 at The University of Manitoba. She sacrificed her teenage Saturdays for knowledge and networking and enjoyed every moment. Even the hard to wake-up days. XD I can't wait to get our photos back from the graduation thing. Also I need to find a nice frame for her diploma.

These are some photo's from the last day of the program:

. .....

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 04-20-2015, 07:57 PM

April 20th: Hey Listen!

I'm getting back into the swing of things. I love being ahead in my projects. Working on something for an hour or two every day really makes all the difference. The goal for me now is to be done Junes updates before April is done. :D I'm well on my way already with about two weeks left I think I can do it. I'm also working on some October updates during this time.

RL/ Mene News:
  • Went out for lunch with Chris, had mango juice and a blt. yum.
  • Went for a long walk, it started snowing.
  • I'm working on a Couples image for a contest today in-between curing and washing a Costume. I should be able to get some pictures of it Friday. :D

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 04-21-2015, 07:56 PM

April 21th: Soapbox

I'm not really one to rant about things lately. I guess cuz I know they can always be worse. Instead I'll try and do something about it. No point in getting mad over something "you can't change". But really that's the point. You can always change things about you or your situation you don't like. Instead of ranting about the environment or politics take steps to either change it or your life so it no longer affects you.

RL/ Mene News:
  • The snow...it's staying. I'm not all that surprised though. We normally have snow until may. XD
  • Did a bunch of Sketches for June. :D
  • Alt-tracker: 2000/3880

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 04-25-2015, 02:58 PM

April 22nd-24th: World Issues, Education and Depression

I've been in a bit of a rut lately, mostly I've been busy trying to do art and charity stuff for people in real life. I'm helping out a bit with a Cancer campaign and between that and work it hasn't left me with much "free time". I'm enjoying it though. Meeting new people and hearing their stories of survival gives me hope. I donated a bunch of things I was going to take to the mission to our teams "garage sale" all profits are going to the cause. I hope we do well. :D Our Friday tally was 1200 so that's pretty awesome that a bunch of old stuff from people when pulled together made that much.

Saturday night there is going to be a costume social for it. Lot's of awesome prizes and people there. Going to be fun, I'm dragging my sister with me too.
RL/ Mene News:
  • Not a whole lot going of for me lately. Mostly just working on art and goals and helping others. Which I guess is still something. XD
  • Alt Tracker:3000/3880 :D