Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 08-31-2007, 06:04 PM

"Frankly between the two of us he's always loved White more. When I think about it, he's been wanting a reason to kill me for a long time, I think I just gave him one," said Black.

Seika blinked. "He wants to kill you? Why? You were his best Tarot!"

Black shrugged. "To put it simply, I look like someone he hates and White looks like someone he loves. The only reason why he has never killed me, is because, as you said, I was his best Tarot."

"And killing White is the best solution to everything else?" asked Hotaru.

"Well how shall I say, White knows nothing but Master. Beside me, he's the only thing constant in her life. It's always been that way. Then you consider how young she was when he did this to us, and well let's just say they bounded a little closely. She has never done anything to make him angry."

Kai looked at Hotaru. "Anything you can do dear?"

Hotaru shook her head. "I don't posess any magic that deals with memories. But in theory, you never really lose your memories, they're merely just locked up within your brain. So with that, since Asho can read souls, shouldn't Asho be able to return White's memories?"

Asho looked surprised. "Err well I've never tried it before."

Aliena
(^._.^)ノ

Old 09-01-2007, 02:53 PM

Vienna lifted her head from her pillow as the bright light streamed through the window. She groaned, still feeling like she needed a few more hours sleep, but her body wouldn't allow it. She was completely awake at this point. She rose from the bed and stretched and then walked to the window. Outside, the sun was shining brightly, a few white puffy clouds floated lazily in the sky, and the birds were singing. It was a beautiful morning! It was hard to believe that only a few hundred miles away, people were coming their way to try to kill them.

She thought of the events of the night before and remembered the suppressing drug Russell had first had her drink, and then the tarots had forced into her system after her capture. She focused on a small figurine on her dresser and concentrated on slowing down the air molecules around it in an effort to create frost, but try as she might, nothing happened. "I wonder how long until the drug wears off," she wondered. I can still fight, at least!

As she dressed in combat gear, she thought of Russell and frowned. On the one hand, she furious with his betrayal and wanted nothing more than to see him come to justice. On the other hand, she felt hurt because she had really come to like him. It bothered her more that his friendship had been false than for what actually had happened with the tarots.

She left her room and made her way up to Hotaru's chambers. She hoped the Queen had gotten her rest, but somehow she doubted it. She knocked lightly and entered when the doors opened to her and saw that the renegade tarots were still in there, as were Seika, Ita, and Kai. They gave her a strange look and she said, "Uh oh. I don't think I like the way you're looking at me. Did I interrupt something? Hotaru?" she looked to her friend. "What happened now?"

Hotaru shook her head and grimaced at the fact that the rook was already dressed for battle, ready to fight. But she couldn't take a chance with her blood being spilled, thus possibly releasing Master's curse on Chess. "You're not fighting today," she said.

"What??"

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 09-01-2007, 09:44 PM

"Don't get angry, Vienna," Hotaru said softly. "There are two reasons. One your magic is still surpressed. According to Tsu, it'll be another two days until you fully able to use your magic. Secondly remember last night when Black removed the blood curse? She said she only removed the outer layer. We don't know what inner curse does, and should the master show up and did something to you.... I don't want that to happen, Vie."

"But!" Vienna started to protest.

"Vienna," Hotaru said softly but firmly. "Please."

Before Vienna could argue, Seika sat up promptly. Everyone in the room looks at her, surprised by her sudden movements. Seika's magic flared.

"Activate primary defense, Ice Wall," Seika snarled. Pillars surrounded the castle, flared and a thick ice wall surrounded the castle. Seika rubbed her forehead and looked at Hotaru. "That isn't going to last long but it'll give us a few more minutes."

Hotaru stared at her. "When did you do that?"

Seika shrugged. "It was a pet project of mines for years. I had hoped that I would never have to use it and since it's far from prefect, I didn't tell you yet." Seika got up, and drew her katanas. Just before she left the room, she turned around and said, "Remember Vie, you are not to fight. And Hotaru, you should take your own advice too. You should stay away from the battlefield since the Master is obviously wants you."

Hotaru open up her mouth to protest before Kai chuckled. "She has a point dear."

Hotaru glared at him. "Fine." She grabbed Vienna and dragged her towards another room.

"Where are we going?" Vienna asked.

"Sickbay. I can't fight, but I'm certainly not going to sit around and do nothing!"

Aliena
(^._.^)ノ

Old 09-03-2007, 05:24 AM

Vienna sighed. "But what can I do? You remember what happened last time I was assigned to work in sickbay."

Hotaru actually found herself smiling at the memory of her perfectionist of a friend's mishaps in the sickbay. She had been ordered to dress a cut after being unable to draw a patient's blood. The doctor had laughed at how much medic tape she had used. She had rolled the poor kid's head to the point he looked like a mummy! He had sent her to do something easier - gathering up a tray of tools. There was a loud clatter and the doctor rushed to the next room to find Vienna standing amidst a huge pile of syringes, bandages, miscellaneous surgical and medical tools. She had spent the next two hours having to resterilize everything and the doctor pretty much banished her from sickbay. He even told her he'd make a special call to her room should she ever need his attention, rather than letting her step foot in his clinic again.

"It's not exactly my strong suit," Vienna continued.

Hotaru paused. On second thought, she did seem to be accident prone when it came to the sickbay. With so many scalpels and needles about, she didn't want to risk even the tiniest prick. "You might be right," she said. "Go...assist in organizing the troops. But Vienna, remember. Don't try fighting. And if anything should happen...should you feel strange in any way, come find me, ok?"

Vienna hated being fussed over like a child and she waved her hand. "I've got it, 'Taru! No fighting. Stars, I hate feeling so helpless!"

"You're not the only one," said her friend. "I don't want to be cooped up here either. I'd give anything for both of us to be able to be out there with the others. But we have to play a support role right now."

Vienna nodded and bowed slightly before turning away. Hotaru called after her, "Vienna!" She turned around and the Queen smiled and pointed to her hair. "I like it. It suits you."

Vienna smiled and shook her short hair. "I hate it," she stated with a laugh. "But it's a good reminder of what happens when you trust a snake! And hey! Only 20 more years and it'll be just as long as it was before!"

----

Over in the central courtyard, Fahd was met with a host of hostile glares. He didn't understand what it was about this place that seemed to breed evil and anger. But at this point, with his brothers all gone, he didn't particularly care which side he was working for. He inquired one of the guards about Master's action with his blood and his cryptic words about leaving the castle. He discovered Master had bound his body to the walls of the castle and attempting to escape would result in much pain and most likely, death. That wasn't something he particularly cared to experience, so he did as he was told.

He assessed the skills the men had and discovered that only about 38% of them were innates. This fact made him smile a bit. Master thought he'd gain a huge advantage by having Fahd help unleash a multitude of skills in his magic users, but in truth, the majority of his troops could only rely on their skill with a weapon. He didn't doubt they were quite formidable, though. These men were the cream of the crop. They definitely weren't bungling idiots and all seemed intent on bloodshed. Not the best bunch to teach, but Fahd didn't care.

He separated out the non-innates and spoke matter-of-factly to them. "I have no business with you. You're as ordinary as dirt." This blunt comment was not well met even though it was delivered with his customary wide smile. And he overheard several murderous grumbles. Ah well...they'll get their fill with chesspieces, he thought.

He turned to the remaining group. "Lesson #1," he said. "Defense." He closed his eyes and before any of the men could react, thrust out his hands and let out a shock pulse, bringing all but two men to their knees. He opened his eyes and grinned at the two standing. "Ah, you two already know this skill. You can help me teach it to the rest." He clapped his hands, ordering the others to hurry up and get back on their feet and began to patiently describe how one was to open his mind in order to unlock an innate talent he couldn't already perform. He rubbed his hands together. If nothing else, he'd sure have fun putting Master's special troops through the ringer. Master probably wouldn't be happy, but hey! He had asked him to teach and that's how he did things.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 09-04-2007, 04:04 AM

Black sat on top of the highest tower, scanning the lands. Her white hair flapped behind her. It was peaceful, though she could see the black looming ships of Numbers approaching slowly. She fingered the new Knight piece that Hotaru had given her, nervously. Glancing at the ice wall, Black was impressed at Seika's handiwork. It would keep out the magic bombs from hitting the castle. It wouldn't last long, but it would be enough.

Her grip tighten on her gun, The Moon. She almosted fired when Seika suddenly appeared next to her. "Don't... do that," Black hissed.

Seika shrugged. "Sorry. Hey you know those ships, how sturdy are they?"

Black stared at her. "Well... they're made of the thickest metal we got that could still float on water. They have diamond coating, so breaking them isn't exactly the easier thing to do."

"How many on abroad?"

"A couple of thousands."

"How strong?"

"Not that strong. The equivalent of your pawns. Why?"

Seika smirked. "You can move inbetween shadows right? How about we go and start cutting down the competition?"

Black stared at her before smiling evilly. "I really do like the way you think Seika." They disappeared into a swirl of shadows.

--------

Ita watched as Black and Seika disappeared. "Well phrase One of Operation surprise has been complete," he told Kai.

Kai shook his head. "Those two... I think we're gonna have a couple of real trouble makers on our hands!"

Ita chuckled. "Speaking of trouble makers." He spotted Chi walking sleepily into the room. "Hey Chi?"

Chi nodded. "Yes?"

"Go play with Vienna today okay? Make sure that she doesn't leave the castle alright?"

Chi woke up a bit at the thought of a playmate. She nodded happily. "Okies! Chi play with Vienna today!" Chi bounced out of the room in search for her assigned playmate of the day.

Kai chuckled. "Good idea. Chi keeps anyone busy for hours."

Aliena
(^._.^)ノ

Old 09-04-2007, 02:38 PM

Hannon was idly practicing what Fahd had taught all of them as the ship approached Chess's shore. A few of them showed incredible aptitude and had picked the new skills up rapidly while it took a little longer for some of the others to catch on. Knowing Master would have their head if they failed on this task, the men took greater pains to make sure their comrades were up to speed as well.

Hannon might have missed the flicker of shadows had Master not told them to be on the alert for shadow-travel and magic. He immediately dropped into a fighter's stance when he saw the shadows swirl and caught a glimpse of white hair gleaming in the morning sunlight.

Seika immediately thrust out her hand and an ice shard hurtled toward the Numbers soldier. She gasped when he moved at an incredible speed, seeming to almost slow time down to give him time to dodge the shard and shoot a fireball at it to melt it. "I thought you said they were the equivalent of our pawns!" Seika yelled to Black as she dodged another fireball the man shot at her. Her eyes flashed with anger, thinking Black had betrayed her.

"They're supposed to be!" Black insisted as she shot her gun and two men fell to their knees one of them, poor Hannon.

"That was a double skill! Completely unrelated. Temporal and fire! Pawns can't do that. They can barely even do effective singles."

Suddenly Black slapped her forehead. "That rebel leader!"

"What?"

"What was his name?" she snapped her finger. "Fahd! He supposedly had a way to teach others to unlock multiple abilities. Master must have gotten him to agree."

Seika shrieked all of the sudden and Black looked toward her, her eyes wide as the girl's legs had been petrified. She was frozen in place and the responsible soldier inched toward her with a leer. Seika drew her hands together and the temperature on the ship plummeted. Black shot the man with the petrification magic and he slumped to the ground. Around him, several other men writhed on the floor as frostbite enveloped their skin. A few seemed to resist the magic and moved toward the two unharmed. Seika fumbled for the comm stone in her pocket as she directed her magic offensively with her other hand. "Hotaru!" she cried.

In the castle's sickbay, Hotaru drew out her stone. "What is it?" she asked, worry flooding her when she saw Seika's horror-stricken face.

"They're not pawn level! Master found someone to teach them how to use multiple, unrelated forms of magic."

"What? What level?"

"Rook, at least," Seika responded and ducked as a bolt of electricity whizzed past her head.

"Those ships carry..."

"A couple thousand."

"A couple thousand rook level fighters? Seika, you and Black get out of there!"

"I can't move," Seika said. "But I'm not going down without a fight." Her pretty face held strong determination. Suddenly she felt a strong gust of wind and the comm stone was ripped from her fingers. She looked over and saw five men, joining their magic to form the powerful wind, making it five times as strong. Her petrified stone legs held her in place, but Black wasn't so lucky. The gust blew her overboard. The ex-tarot gasped as she plunged into the depths of the sea.

"Black!"

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 09-05-2007, 07:10 AM

There was never a day where Black was more thankful for her shadow magic. Against the icy waters of the ocean, she would have gone into shock the moment she hit the water, but her shadows wrapped around her tightly, making a bubble for her in stand in. She floated in the deep ocean under the ship.

Grabbing her comm stone, she contacted Tsu and Hotaru. "Quick someone tell me how to deal with petrified spells?"

"Why?" asked Tsu. Hotaru looked like she was in a state of painick. "You need healing magic," Hotaru said.

Black cursed. That wasn't in her ability. She glanced at the hull. Vaguely she remembered someone, probably Nano, telling her that the hull of the ship was the weakest part. If they couldn't beat the soldiers aboard... "Where's Ita?" she asked.

Tsu blinked. "Northwest tower, with Kai."

"Thanks." Black disappeared, and reappeared in the tower. She grabbed Ita. "I need your help." Then the both disappeared again to reappeared underwater on the ship.

Ita was startled and almost began to panick when he realized he was underwater. Fire + water doesn't equal. "This is the weakest part of the ship. But the metal is coated with diamonds. You need alot of heat. We need to sink these ships, since the soldiers on board are stronger then we thought they were. Hopefully this will kill them, cause I don't think they know how to teleport yet," Black quickly explained. "While you do that, I need to rescue Seika."

Ita didn't have time to ask, before Black left the shadow bubble. Cursing, he turned to his attention to the hull of the ship. Fire danced in his hands. There was a ship that needed sinking.

Aliena
(^._.^)ノ

Old 09-05-2007, 01:11 PM

On board, Seika's eyes were full of hatred as the men surrounded her. Another petrifying spell had been sent her way and this time, her body was stone up to her neck. "Just one more, sweetie, and it's lights out for you," one of the soldiers leered.

She was frustrated. Her magic was severely limited since her body couldn't move. The most she could do was summon a few flakes with her eyes and nose. She couldn't call for help because the comm stone had been blown out of her hand and she couldn't teleport because the traveling stone she always carried had been petrified with the rest of her.

She spat at the man and he jumped back, the smile on his face gone. "Oh, you'll regret that!" he exclaimed.

----

Outside the capital city of Chess, a woman dressed in white from head to toe, her face concealed by a mask, gazed up at the icy walls surrounding the castle that she had once called home during a time that seemed so long ago when she had been known as West. The Empress was in place and her empire of soldiers were behind her, ready to go forward. They had sailed in by a different route than the others and they numbered roughly about 300,000 with more on the way. The pawn troops that had been waiting for them on the southern shore had been easily defeated.

"Do it," said Master.

Saying nothing, she pocketed the comm stone and drew out her white scepter and held it high. It gleamed in the sunlight. She drew a circle in the air and then brought it down, her movements graceful and almost dancelike. As she moved it around, it left remnants of light tracing its path.

She suddenly brought it down with a violent motion and the light remnants trembled and began to move faster and faster until they became a bright mass that almost blinded anyone staring directly at them. She drew them to herself and then whipped around, pushing at them with all her being.

A deep rumble sounded and the ground began to shake as the shockwave grew more and more powerful and raced toward the castle. Everything in its path crumbled - buildings, roads, trees...everything.

----

From inside the castle walls, Vienna stared out the window at the approaching pulse.

"Chi scared."

"I know, Chi. I'm scared too," she replied to the girl. "But don't worry. The good guys always win and we're the good guys." She looked at the pulse again, not completely sure what it was. Her eyes widened in fear when she saw the destruction left in its wake. And it would hit the castle any minute. Chi screamed and Vienna grabbed her and pulled her down, using her body to shield the girl from the shattering window pane as the pulse hit the castle. Only Seika's ice walls kept the castle from crashing to its foundation as the other buildings had. The walls took the brunt of the impact and shattered, leaving the castle without the defense Seika had set up.

She held the girl for a few moments as the castle shook and groaned in protest. "Vienna?" Chi's tiny voice piped up.

"It's going to be ok, Chi," she tried to reassure her.

"Vienna bleeding."

Vienna sat up and felt the back of her neck where sticky blood dripped from the cuts she had received in the glass shower.

----

Far away, in the heart of Numbers, Master began to laugh.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 09-06-2007, 03:03 AM

Before the man had a chance to do anything, a single shot to his head stopped him in his tracks. The next moment was a blur for Seika. The next thing she knew she was standing in the same room as Hotaru.

"Seika! What happened?" Hotaru rushed over to her friend, her hands glowing white.

"Not sure," said Seika, shaking away the dizziness. "I think Black managed to teleport me. The ice shield... what happened to it?"

Hotaru shook her head. "I'm not sure, something shattered it in one blast. Arashi, Kyo and Riku are holding them off with our pawns."

Seika groaned. "Well as soon as you get me free, I'll go help them."

Asho then stumbled into the room, panting. "West! Empress!" he shouted.
Hotaru stared at him with a questioning look.

Asho took a deep breath and tried to explain again. "West, your former comrade, she actually Empress! The lady in white! Oh why didn't I make the connection before?" he said.

Hotaru bit her lip. This... was not good.

-------------

Ita wiped the sweat from his forehead. He was almost through. Black had appeared to tell him Seika was fine and with Hotaru, which brought him relief. Black then disappeared to bring Tsu to work on the next ship. He already sunk the first one before Black wisked him away to another one.

Thank the stars that there were only three ships in the harbor.

Aliena
(^._.^)ノ

Old 09-06-2007, 01:24 PM

Not many people knew just how in poor standing Russell aka The Tower was with Master. So when he sauntered into the castle, as confident as could be, not many people gave him a second glance. But that was the way it had always been for him in Numbers. He decided that it'd be easier for him to just walk right in rather than trying to sneak. Sneaking would throw suspicion his way. Since Master and all his top men and women were occupied with the war, he figured it was as good a time as any to try to find Solarr's nephew, Fahd. Sure enough, no one paid him much heed.

He spotted a guardsman and with an air of authority of a top ranking tarot, demanded to know where Fahd could be found. The guardsman pointed toward the central courtyard and Russell went on his way.

He spotted a man with dark hair and skin, who greatly resembled a younger version of Solarr and knew it must be him. This was too easy! He was laying under a tree, his hands under his head and appeared to be dozing. "Are you Fahd?"

The young man opened his eyes and squinted at the man towering over him. "I've been working for six hours straight. All I ask is for thirty minutes!"

"Oh, I'm not here to make you work," Russell said and then he knelt down and lowered his voice. "I'm here to rescue you."

"I'm in no need of rescuing, my friend," Fahd sat up with a groan and stretched his arms out, cracking his knuckles.

"Your uncle seems to think you were brought her against your will."

"My uncle's incredibly overprotective of me. No, I didn't want to come here, but as you can see, I'm being treated just fine. Tell him not to worry. Now if you'll excuse me," He waved Russell away and laid back down, closing his eyes. He sensed that Russell wasn't moving and he opened them again. "Are you still here?"

"If I go back to him without you..."

"Ah, I see...justice will be met," he laughed. "He creates his own brand of justice, suiting it to his own needs. I don't envy your situation, my friend," he shrugged.

"I'm taking you with me if I have to knock you out," Russell threatened.

"I'd like to see you try to do that," the rebel leader shot back. The two stared at each other for a moment before Russell swung his fist at the man's face and met nothing but air. He lost his balance and fell to the ground, turning around to see Fahd now standing behind him.

"How'd you do that?"

Fahd ignored him. "Look, with all due respect, I have no wish to fight you and I understand your dilemma. But in truth, even if I wanted to go to my uncle, which I don't, I can't leave this place."

"Why not?"

Fahd projected a mental image of what had happened in the holding cell, of what he had agreed to, and then of Master's strange action, cutting his arm and smearing his blood on the cell wall. "Perhaps you could tell me what exactly he did. I have my suspicions, but I don't want to find out."

Russell sank to the ground and brought his fist down. "You can't leave."

"I already told you that!" Fahd laughed.

"No, I mean, you really can't leave. He tied your blood to the castle. You go beyond those walls and you'll die. And knowing Master, it won't be painless." He growled.

"There's your answer then. Give my regards to my uncle." He laid down again, but this time flipped over so his back was to Russell.

"He's never going to accept that!" Fahd didn't answer. "You do know what he's planning on doing to me, right?"

Finally, Fahd spoke again, though he didn't move and he kept his eyes closed. "So why return to him, oh intelligent one? It's not like he's going to hunt you down. My uncle doesn't like to leave home. Even if he did, though, he's twice your age. Are you so scared of an old man?" His voice was taunting.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 09-07-2007, 06:55 PM

Riku blasted through the Numbers' pawns with a powerful ball of solar magic. In terms of raw magic, he and Chi had the most, next to Hotaru that was. Only he lacked the experience to move up further on the chain of ranks.

He wiped his forehead and frowned at the stench of death. This was not the first time he had to kill someone. Nor was it the first time he had seen battle. If it was Hotaru would have never agreed to let him out here. Which was why Chi was still in the castle.

Lightning crackled across the sky, as Arashi blew away another wave of soldier. Their pawns weren't holding up against the Numbers soldiers. Frankly the current battle was only in their favor because of the magic that the three of them posess. Riku glanced around. He didn't see Kyo anywhere. He hoped she was alright.

'Riku, Arashi, Kyo, fall back ten meters.'

Riku jumped back, using his magic to push him back the ten meters he need. As soon as he did that, giant balls of hail came raining down on the Numbers' troop, smashing a good 1/4th of it in one attack.

"Liah Gnillag, Falling Hail," said Seika, her voice ringing across the battlefield as she joined the frontline.

------------

Black glanced at harbors while Tsu and Ita caught their breaths. All three battleships have been sunk and she sense no one on them surivived. Still that was far to easy.

"We need to get back. Knowing the Master, this was probably a diversion and I fell for it."

Aliena
(^._.^)ノ

Old 09-07-2007, 07:28 PM

Vienna looked at the blood smeared on her fingers and yelped when it began to sizzle, dissolving into the air. She clamped her hand over her the cut on her neck and told Chi, "Go get Hotaru. Quick!" Something was very wrong and she knew it was because of the blood curse Master had put on her. Chi stared at her and Vienna cried, "NOW!" Chi ran out of the room.

"Stop, stop, stop," Vienna said as she felt the prickly sensation on the cut. She heard the sound of malevolent laughter in her head. But it was too late.

All Master had needed was a single drop to escape and the shattered windows helped release much more than that. His soldiers were fulfilling their role, but now it was time for the real onslaught: a battle fought from thousands of miles away and one that he would not lose. He was now rather happy that Black had betrayed him and took his rook captive away. As much as he wanted to trade her for Hotaru, using the girl as a vessel of his destruction was even better.

In his chambers in the Numbers castle, Master sat in deep meditation. White and his other most trusted men and women surrounded him should any of the traitors try to show up. Even Fahd had been instructed to sit in the back of the room and do whatever he needed to ensure his own safety, with the threat of him being thrust outside the castle walls should anything go awry.

As Master concentrated, the image of his rook popped in his head. The moment The Empress's shockwave shattered all the castle windows and Vienna had gotten cut, his plan went into action. The blood she shed mingled with the dust on the floor and the molecules of air all around. Chess's castle was filled with Master's essence and it raced through the halls, searching for victims, grabbing onto each person it came into contact with, and encasing them as blood statues.

And as for the rook...he decided to save her for last so she could witness the destruction and know that she had been the one to bring it to her land.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 09-07-2007, 07:42 PM

Hotaru knew something was wrong even before Chi bursted into the room. The castle, the castle wasn't safe anymore. She grabbed Asho and Chi without a question and disappeared in a gust of wind, leaving Chi outside. She turned back the castle and forced her wind back into it, grabbing whoever she could find that wasn't infected.

Chi explained the whole thing to her, telling how Vienna had gotten cut and everything. Hotaru listen with half an ear while she transported what little of the subjects were still in the castle. Most of them were already on the battlefield.

"Hotaru? What's going on?" asked Ita.

The three of them has returned from the harbor.

"The Master," Asho said flatly. "Looks like he found away to get into the castle. Vienna is still in there somewhere. Hotaru trying to find survivors who haven't been infected and is trying to get them out."

"Seika?" Ita questioned. A worry tone entered his voice.

"Frontline," said Asho. "With Riku, Kyo and Arashi."

"I found Mathis and Dunn. They're alright," said Hotaru. The two messengers appeared, falling to the ground."

Aliena
(^._.^)ノ

Old 09-07-2007, 07:55 PM

"What's going on?" Mathis asked and Ita filled him in on the situation. "So what are we going to do?"

Asho spoke up. "We need to find a way to contain the castle. And as terrible as it might seem, we need to seal it now." He glanced to Hotaru who nodded, her face flushed with grief.

"But what about Vie? You're not just going to leave her in there, are you?"

"We don't have a choice," Hotaru said. "Master's integrated himself into the core of her being. She has to be sealed in there too so she doesn't continue to infect the entire land." Mathis was about to argue, but Hotaru silenced him. "She's a soldier too, Mat. She'd want us to do this."

"So how do you beat him? You seal the castle and then what?" Dunn asked.

"There's only one way to win," a new voice sounded. The group turned around and saw Black standing before them. "Go straight to the source. He's smart, but fighting like a coward. He's ripping your people apart while he sits in the comfort of his den. The only way to win this war is to kill Master. Instead of wasting our time playing a defensive game, it's time we go in for the offense."

"Is she going to die?" Mathis asked, thinking of the girl he had started to regard as almost a friend.

"Not if I have anything to say about it," Hotaru said, her voice filled with determination.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 09-07-2007, 08:04 PM

Hotaru hands began to glow, her magic flowing through her veins. "Esacne lleps gnilaes! Sealing Spell, Encase." A barrier around the castle flared brightly.

Black turned to Asho and Tsu. "The Master doesn't know you two have defected yet. Tsu can you take Asho back and try and get inside? Stay out of sight and out of mind if you do."

Ita looked at Mathis and Dunn. "Mathis you're staying here. Do not argue. You're still injuried. And I will not be the one to tell Aunty that you died because you were too stubborn to listen to me. Dunn you're coming with me. We're both going with Black into Numbers."

"I'm coming too," said Hotaru.

"Is that wise? The Master's target is you," said Tsu.

"I want to meet him face to face," Hotaru said coldly. "I will not stand for this any longer. Kai had just inform me that he, Seika, Riku, Arashi and Kyo are handing the frontlines. They all have enough magic to keep the soldiers at bay. Should the battle be won before we return, they'll join us in Numbers. Chi stay with Mathis. Make sure he doesn't get in trouble okay?"

Chi pouted. Hotaru hugged her little sister. "I don't want you to get your hands dirty. Please do this for me?"

Chi's pout slowly disappeared and she nodded. "Okay, Chi watch Mathis."

Hotaru turned to Black. "Let's go."

Aliena
(^._.^)ノ

Old 09-07-2007, 08:50 PM

The castle was still as death and so silent as Vienna slowly opened the door to the room she and Chi had been in when the windows all shattered. The room was bathed in an eerie glow and closer inspection of the window had revealed that some sort of force had sealed the building. "Hotaru," she whispered. It had to be!

As she walked down the hallway, she gulped as she saw all the blood red statue-like figures frozen all around her. They were friends and relatives, men and women, even children. The wound had stopped bleeding since and Vienna tore a strip of cloth off one of the curtains and tied it neatly around her neck. She searched the castle for survivors, but it was apparent she was alone.

---

Fahd was bored. He didn't particularly care for the others in the room and Master was just sitting there with his eyes closed. So he did the same. He closed his eyes and leaned his head against the wall, ready for this whole thing to be over so he could get something to eat. He opened his eyes again and caught White looking at him. Stay alert! she mouthed to him and he pointed to the door and held up his hand, his fingers spread wide. Five minutes, he mouthed back. She gave him a warning glance, but nodded and he knew that if he was gone even one minute more, she'd personally toss him out of the castle walls and he didn't even want to think about what that would feel like once Master's binding spell was activated.

So he walked down the hallway and stretched his legs, whipping around when he sensed movement in the shadows. "You!" he growled when he saw Black, but then his attention shifted to Dunn. "Mathis?" he looked puzzled for a minute. "My brother, why are you wearing that silly disguise?" he asked as he stared at Dunn's outlandish clothing and electric blue hair. "You look ridiculous!"

Dunn snorted, "I'm not Mathis, you dolt! And you're not one to talk," he eyed Fahd's own brightly embroidered tunic.

"We don't have time for conversation," Black said and thrust out her hand, causing the shadows to flicker around Fahd and grab at his legs.

"Stop!" he exclaimed. "I already know about your defection, Black. Trust me, I may be standing here, but I am not your enemy."

"You trained all those soldiers to use multiple forms of magic."

"So? It was better to do that than have my body rip apart from the inside by being tossed outside these walls!" He pulled up his sleeve and showed Black the cut Master had made on his arm. "A binding spell is what they call it."

Hotaru shushed the young man. "Black, hold on. Perhaps he can help us."

"If he doesn't, I'll personally toss him out," Black said and the shadows retreated.

"You'll have my complete blessing," Hotaru smiled.

Fahd groaned and threw his hands in the air. "This is why I try not to get mixed up in all this! You all are crazy!" He turned to Dunn. "I can and will help. For your brother." He jerked his thumb back toward Master's chambers. "And because I honestly can't stand any of the rest of them."

"Allow me to offer my assistance too," a deep voice said and the group whirled around to see two men who had quietly walked into the hallway. The older of the two spoke up. The other was partially concealed by the first. "My name is Solarr, or Justice, as some call me by." He looked toward Fahd who smiled.

"Hello there, Uncle!"

"And I think you all are well acquainted with my friend here." Solarr stepped to the side to reveal the other man. Russell!

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 09-08-2007, 04:31 AM

Russell stepped back as he suddenly found a fire spell being pointed at his face. "You of all people, shouldn't be allowed to live," Ita said coldly.

Russell opened his mouth to explain, Ita cut him off. "I don't want to hear it. Frankly, I don't know why you did what you did and if you really cared for Vie like you told me, then I don't know how you could do this to her. She could die." Russell opened his mouth to again.

"It's not worth trying to kill him Ita. We'll just draw attention to ourselves," said Hotaru. She looked at Russell and Solarr. "I don't know if I can forgive you but if you're willing to help us, then I'll set all other matters aside and call a truce."

"And should you and Vienna, both survive this, I expect you to on your knees and beg for forgiveness from her," Ita added.

Russell nodded. He had every plan to.

Aliena
(^._.^)ノ

Old 09-08-2007, 07:26 PM

Master's eyes flew open all of the sudden and he looked around the room. His eyes fell on the empty spot in the back where Fahd had been standing. "Where's the rebel?" he demanded and the others in the room looked at each other nervously. "Where is he?" he repeated.

White spoke up, her voice shaky. "H-he said he was stepping out for five minutes."

"WHAT?" Master roared and everyone in the room winced.

"He was falling asleep," White explained. "He's been training the troops since early this morning. He just needed to stretch his legs a bit."

"I will not have my plans destroyed because some idiot wanted to stretch his legs. Once Chess has fallen, I want him thrown out of the castle."

"There's no need for that, my friend!" Fahd said as he slipped back into the room. "When nature calls, what can you do?"

Master muttered something under his breath and then turned his evil gaze onto Fahd. "I've just tightened your bind, my friend," he said, his voice taunting as he used Fahd's choice of words. "Now I'll issue you this piece of advice. Don't try stepping out that door," he pointed toward the door Fahd had just come through. "Unless you're curious as to exactly what a binding spell can do to a man who tries to leave his boundaries."

Fahd's heart sank at Master's words, but he tried to shrug them off. "As you will it, Master." He sank to the floor and stared woodenly at the man who went back to his meditation. He shifted his gaze to White who was looking at him with a strange expression on her face.

"Master," she said.

"What?" Master growled, his eyes still closed as he concentrated on the Blood Curse within Chess's castle. He was growing increasingly agitated as he saw that Chess's top pieces were all missing and the castle had been sealed off, trapping the rook and his curse inside. He wanted to crush somebody's head at that moment.

"I'd like to take a look outside the door, if I may. There's something I don't exactly trust about our new ally," she narrowed her gaze at Fahd.

Master opened his eyes and concentrated for a moment. "I sense something too." He nodded to White. "Go." Turning to Fahd, he said, "If you've betrayed me, you will see what a binding spell does to a man. You have my guarantee on that."

Fahd didn't respond.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 09-12-2007, 10:39 PM

White looked outside to see Tsu passing by. "Temperance, what are you doing here?" she asked coldly. "Why aren't you at the battlefield?"

Tsu stopped and stared at her superior. While in terms of raw magic, White probably had more, but Tsu was better experienced fighter. "Looking for you actually. Justice is throwing a fit. Something about his nephew," Tsu replied calmly. "As for why I'm not at the battlefield, I told the Master that I would be burying my sister."

White didn't bother to stop her smirk, but managed to held back her tongue. There was no need to have pointless fighting going on in the middle of the battle. "Fine. Where is Justice?" she questioned.

Tsu pointed down the hall. "He's waiting in the other building, near the medic lab in room 20A." She turned and walked away without another word.

Aliena
(^._.^)ノ

Old 09-13-2007, 05:04 AM

Mathis was pacing, about to go out of his mind with worry. It still hurt to walk, but he couldn't keep still. Chi sat on the grass, staring at him, saying nothing. She had tried to get his attention, but he ignored her, like he usually did. She finally flopped back and stared at the sky, which she found infinitely more interesting than Mathis.

He glanced up at the sealed off castle and thought of Vienna, wondering what she was going through in there. And then his thoughts turned to his brother and the others, infiltrating Numbers. Entering that kingdom had not gone well for him or Vienna and he was very nervous for what would happen just yet. He trusted his friends' abilities, but did not trust the ones who had defected from Numbers.

He was so lost in thought that he didn't see the figure wearing all white appear at the edge of the clearing. He didn't see her raise her scepter. But her certainly felt the shockpulse that issued from it. It knocked him off his feet and pinned Chi down to the ground as it whipped past, toward the castle in an effort to shatter the seal. But it bounced off harmlessly.

He lifted his head and watched as the figure approached, her long white gown swishing around her ankles. "Chi, are you alright?" he whispered.

"That hurt Chi!" the girl muttered angrily. She clawed at the grass and Mathis watched as a thorny hedge appeared directly in front of the white figure, but she flicked her finger and sent a small shock pulse to the hedge, slicing it to pieces. Chi grew even more upset at the woman's thoughtless destruction and clapped her hand on the ground again, this time causing an earthquake, meant to be centered on the woman, but it was uncontrolled and it shook them all.

"Chi, wait!" Mathis exclaimed and watched as the White Woman tried to steady herself. She didn't succeed, however. Chi sprang to her feet and ran toward the woman and Mathis picked himself up and hobbled after her.

"This is for Chi's friends!" Chi screamed as she lifted her hands in the air, preparing another attack. Mathis shouted her name.

"CHI! STOP! DON'T!"

The girl stopped and whirled around, a puzzled expression on her face. Mathis was panting as he approached her. His hand was trembling as he pointed toward the woman. Chi turned back around to face her and her eyes widened in surprise when she saw that the woman had removed her white mask and had pulled her hood back. A cascade of chestnut curls blew in the wind. The right side of her face was scarred, but her eyes were still as beautiful as ever. Mathis stared at her, not knowing exactly how to react when she spoke.

"Hello, Mat. It's been a while."

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 09-13-2007, 09:09 AM

Getting White into the next building had been easy. The distance alone would be enough so that the Master wouldn't hear them should a fight break out. There would be one attempt from Asho to see if he could awake White's lost memories. If it didn't happen... then...

Black engulfed her sister in her shadows before White could react. Hotaru followed up with a dull senses spell that would make White unaware of her captors and put her into a dream like state.

"You sure you can do this?" Black asked Asho.

Asho nodded. "I think I can."

----------

Seika was getting tired, but at the same time she can't help be thrilled by the energy she gets from a battle. Still it was a good thing, the soldiers were finally starting to slow down. There were heavy damages on both sides, but so far no one she knew personally hadn't gotten killed or hurt (as selfish as that sounded)

She prayed that Ita was alright.

Aliena
(^._.^)ノ

Old 09-13-2007, 08:54 PM

Inside Master's suite, his eyes opened as his meditation was shattered once again. Fahd watched him with interest, though his mind was on the others. He was irritated that he couldn't leave Master's chambers. Master stood up and the other men and women in the room grew alert, except for Fahd.

He had a bad feeling...

"White," he said, summoning her by stone, but there was no answer. With a growl, he pulled out his dagger and readied it to aid him in performing his blood magic. He turned to the others. "Come on," he said and they all sprang to action and began to file out of the room. He turned to Fahd as he was leaving and said, "Are you coming? You're more than welcome to."

"Thanks, but I'll just wait here," Fahd said dryly.

Master stared at him for a second. "White's gone missing."

"She'll turn up," Fahd shrugged.

"I don't trust you, Rebel."

"I've never given you reason not to."

"You never swore your allegiance to me."

"I swear allegiance to no man except my brothers," Fahd answered. "I did what you commanded and I'm sitting here like I'm being forced to." He shrugged. "I could care less about the outcome."

Master didn't like hearing that so he held up his hand and murmured another incantation. "I've strengthened your binding spell." He held up two fingers. "Two feet, Rebel. Two feet."

Fahd looked at him, his eyes full of hatred. "As you will it," he growled as he crossed his arms.

Satisfied that this man wouldn't be crossing him, Master shot him one last look. "I do will it," he said and then he walked out to join the others in finding White, leaving Fahd alone in his rooms, but with a very small distance in which he could move around.

As Master walked through the hallway, he tried to contact White again, but there was still no answer. He knew she had a comm stone on her at all times and it wasn't like her not to answer. Something was definitely wrong.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 09-14-2007, 07:00 PM

He turned the corner and almost ran into Tsu. "Temperance," he growled. Tsu glanced warily at him.

"Yes sir?"

"What are you doing here?"

Tsu resisted the urge to roll her eyes. "You gave me permission to bury my sister sir. So I did. I'm looking for Asho, sir. Have you seen him? Last I heard he was in Chess looking up information. You did call him back once the war had started?"

The Master frowned. He had nearly forgotten about his Devil in training. "Go to Chess find him and bring him back here."

Tsu nodded. "Understood. And sir?"

"What?"

"Justice would like to have a word with you. Something about you holding his nephew hostage? He was quite angry. He's waiting for you his room." Tsu pointed to the other direction that the Master was heading. She left without saying another word.

-----------

Black tense feeling the Master on the move. She looked at Hotaru. "Take Asho and White back to a secure location in Chess. Anywhere and then come back. Asho contact me if any thing goes wrong. The Master is on the move. Too dangerous for a big group like us to stay here."

Asho nodded, ignoring the beads of sweat rolling down his face. White was resisting. He wasn't sure if he would be able to break through the brainwashing barriers.

Aliena
(^._.^)ノ

Old 09-14-2007, 08:48 PM

"West is bad! Mathis, don't!," Chi cautioned Mathis and tugged on his arm, but he shrugged the girl off and limped toward the woman clothed all in white.

"West, is that really you?"

"It's me," she nodded, her voice gentle and inviting. Her eyes seemed to be brimming with tears.

"You can't know how much I've missed you," the young messenger said. "I tried to find you after you left. I...I don't understand why..."

"Shhh," West crooned, opening her arms wide, waiting for Mathis's embrace. Chi whimpered. She had a bad feeling about this. "I know," West said. "I'm so sorry I had to leave like I did. I wanted to explain or at least say goodbye, but I couldn't."

Mathis stepped close to her and fell into her embrace. He hugged her tight and closed his eyes. This woman, he had been in love with. He couldn't believe she was actually here! He was too taken with her to even think of the situation, how she had used some sort of shockwave to knock him and Chi down. "What happened to your face? And your outfit...all white? Where have you been all this time?"

West released Mathis and took a step back. Her lips fell into a smile as she beheld him, but something in her face shifted and she no longer looked lovely, but menacing and malevolent. The scars seemed to deepen, twisting her face into something grotesque.

"MATHIS!" Chi exclaimed and took a step forward, but West shot a shockwave at her, knocking her down again. The girl fell back and hit her head on a rock.

Mathis looked back. "Chi!" he exclaimed. "Why'd you do that? What exactly did you do?" he shouted at West, who no longer resembled West.

"I am the Empress. I bring people to their knees," she smiled wickedly. "That girl you once knew is no more. She never truly existed. She was simply another mask I wore." She clutched Mathis's arm and squeezed it. He cried out in agony when the force of a thousand shockwaves pummeled into the core of his being. It lasted only a moment and then all went black.

With tremendous satisfaction, The Empress looked down where Chi and Mathis lay, unconscious. She felt no remorse for what she had done to the young man. Her goal had been to get near the castle in order to tear down the strange barrier and release Master's blood spell into the land. Now there were two less people to stand in her way.

Replacing her hood and the mask on her face, she stepped over Mathis and then Chi, and kept walking.

----

Master frowned. Who did Justice think he was? To demand an audience with him? How presumptuous! If he wanted to discuss his nephew, he could seek Master out himself. He wasn't going to be summoned like some servant. Justice had done stuff like this in the past. This time, it was not going to be tolerated.

He turned and walked in the opposite direction and wondered how long Justice would wait before realizing exactly who the Master was in this place.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 09-15-2007, 09:32 AM

Whatever Tsu had done, had bought them enough time to get to safety. Hotaru took Asho and White to Royal's Safehouse that was located twenty miles away from the Castle. She came back in a flash, and as soon as she did, Black moved them to another location in the base. Just in time as Master turned the corner.

"So where are we now?" Hotaru asked.

"My room... if you could call it a room," Black said dryly.

Dunn glanced around. "It's empty."

Black snorted. "Thank you for stating the obvious."

"Not even a bed?" Ita asked.

"Don't recall ever having one. Even so, I'm either not here or I'm sleeping in the labs working on projects," Black said coldly. She wasn't very fond of remembering such dark memories.