Sally Sinema
(◎_◎;)

Old 03-07-2009, 05:24 AM

Shiver, a horror movie set in spain about a boy who moves to a small town with his mother to help him deal with his allergy to sunlight, after he arrives people begin to die and the towns people blame him. The killer isn't him, that's all I'll say.

7/10 not really scary but kind of interesting.

Michy Lea
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to Michy Lea Send a message via MSN to Michy Lea Send a message via Yahoo to Michy Lea

Old 03-07-2009, 07:57 PM

Nacho Libre

3.5/5

It was an OK movie. Not a movie I anticipate watching again. It had its funny parts. I am a wrestling fan, though, so I thought some of it was just stupid, mainly the wrestling parts. Everyone knows wrestlers don't wear their masks everywhere. That was stupid. And what was up with the little wrestlers? Talk about creepy. Oh, and the corn through the guy's eye? Was that really needed?

Penelope

5/5

Very cute movie. I liked the vibrancy of the colors. It was a cute story, and it taught a good lesson. My only complaint is that it was short, barely 90 minutes.

Last edited by Michy Lea; 03-08-2009 at 03:41 AM..

kurobizzle
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to kurobizzle

Old 03-08-2009, 04:33 AM

Street Fighter; The Legend of Chun-Li

8/10- It was an awesome movie with great martial art stunts. I just hated how they didn't match the characters as well as they could have.

:Ninja:
An eye for an eye makes he whole...

Old 03-09-2009, 01:42 AM

I recently watched "August Rush"
I found it to be inspiring. I like it a lot 5/5! It's a must see if you like romance/mystery/musical. Actually it's not really a musical. A boy (Evan) is homeless because he tries to find the music that's in his head. He finds another homeless boy playing music and joins his homeless family (the family consists of 10+ homeless kids that live in an old theater) that is run by "wizard" played by Robin Williams. They all play music to earn money but Evan has talent, a lot. Wizard notices this and tries to get him a gig. They have to conceal his name so they call him "August Rush" Wizard turns out to be a sellout and August runs to a church. The people that find him there give him to a music school. They see his talent and he write a piece for a symphony to play. Wizard tries to kidnap him but The boy August originally met helps him run. He ends up going to the symphony that he wrote and finds his real parents.

I left a lot out to keep you surprised.

pachi
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-09-2009, 03:46 AM

benjamin button.
it was quite interesting to watch, but i felt like everything was rushed.

uhm.. 8.5 / 10.

taytaylalala
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to taytaylalala Send a message via MSN to taytaylalala Send a message via Yahoo to taytaylalala

Old 03-09-2009, 04:27 AM

I watched the new Friday the 13th at the drive-in last night.
I thought it was dumb. Made me hate slasher films a little. They have no in-depth plot..Just a bunch of horny teens running around getting murdered. I give it a 2/3.

Last edited by taytaylalala; 03-09-2009 at 04:32 AM.. Reason: I messed up on my coding.

DariaMorgendorfer
La La La La La, you're standing ...

Old 03-09-2009, 06:54 AM

I saw the latest Underworld movie, I think it was called the "rise of the lykens"...Anyway, I like the undedrworld series, so I enjoyed this one. I thought it was interesting that it was a prequel, but have heard that there will not be another sequel. Anyway, I'd probably give it a 4 out of 5 stars. It was not the best movie I have ever seen, but if you are looking for good vampire/werewolf drama and fight scenes, it's exactly what the doctor ordered!

Byaggha
*^_^*

Old 03-09-2009, 03:09 PM

Sukiyaki Wester Django - If you have the ability to understand terrible English accents, this is a fun (if weird) remake of a classic Spaghetti Western done by a Japanese director fond of weird images and blood and Quentin Tarantino. By far one of the wackiest westerns I've ever seen, complete with a chaingun, it's worth a watch if you like the weird. Or Tarantino films.

4/5 stars. =3

rubybloodtears
Creator of my own little world.....

Old 03-09-2009, 07:17 PM

Hmmms.. The last movie I saw was TAKEN, AND 5/5 - I think everyone should definitely see it.

I saw it with my parents and sister, and we were COMPLETELY on the edge of our seats the whole time (past the first 30 minutes or so, of course, because a background was necessary).. OMG

watch it. XD

BlueEyedWallflower
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-10-2009, 05:42 AM

The last movie I saw on television was Tru Confessions. I like certain scenes in the movie and Shia LeBeauf's acting is so convincing, but the movie is only good to watch every few years. It has a positive message, but the main character is very unlikable. I would give it a 6. That's even a bit generous.

DominoCat
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-11-2009, 07:35 AM

"He's just not that into you"

rating: 4/5

I love romantic comedy with a little bit of drama.
I really enjoyed the movie. Even though normally I'm more of a pans labyrinth type of person.

"Repo: the genetic Opera"

rating; 5/5

AMAZING!!
Love the cinematography, the script, the music, the acting......
it's a orgasm for the senses. <3
Watch it i dont write reviews. hahaha

craze
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-13-2009, 11:36 PM

The last movie I had the great fortune to see was The Great Debators. You know, the one with Denzel Washington? It was a great movie, I was especially impressed with the young actress who played Samantha. She did a great job as the role.

You should check it out, it's a great one!

4.7/5

Last edited by craze; 03-13-2009 at 11:37 PM.. Reason: Forgot to add the rating!

PrittiAkuma
Dead Account Holder

Old 03-13-2009, 11:38 PM

Pirates of the Caribbean III. I watched it with my BFF. I think it was the best movie of PotC trilogy. It has good ending, the movie is amazing and actors are really good. And Jack Sparrow just is one of the best characters ever.

Michy Lea
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to Michy Lea Send a message via MSN to Michy Lea Send a message via Yahoo to Michy Lea

Old 03-14-2009, 03:17 AM

Final Destination

3.5/5

I don't know why I pick movies like this to watch. I never really, really like any of them. It's just not my type of movie. I'm not into all the senseless killing. I'm definitely a happy-ever-after kind of girl. Some of the effects were kind of... crappy. You could just tell who was going to die next and somewhat how they would die. Now, I need to find a romantic comedy or something to watch to get this movie off my mind.

Pa-pancake
\(@O@)ʌ...
Send a message via MSN to Pa-pancake

Old 03-14-2009, 07:49 AM

Cheaper by the dozen 2

Can you believe I actually bawled watching this movie? What the... I mean, its supposed to be a comedy with family values but I was crying non stop! It was because of how well Steve Martin played the dad. I mean the father daughter relationship between Tom and Sarah was really sweet and I really connected with them. I always saw my dad in a somewhat annoying way but we always shared a bond and seeing how the little girl grows up always brings me to tears! It kinda reminds me of when I cried watching 'The Little Mermaid' when Ariel said, 'Goodbye Daddy...' at the end. I'm such a sap! >.<" But it was a pretty good movie. The flow of it seemed to simple and it was just simple family comedy without much thinking. But the character development was almost 0. I mean, how can there be any when the main cast was up to about more than 20 people O.O It got a bit crazy and I could never remember who was who. Hillary Duff was a little too skinny in the movie for me and her makeup made her face too cakey =.=" I like Hillary Duff. I think she's such a sweet pretty girl and seeing her look like a prune kind of spoiled it for me. Her cheeks were almost sucked in naturally. Piper Perabo was really pretty there though and she played the role of the pregnant daughter really well with her random cravings and outbursts. She was one of the most entertaining of the children. I also liked the red headed kid with the glasses. He was really cute in that geeky sort of way and he played the role really naturally. Come to think about it, I can't really think of any of the Baker children I don't like tough Hillary Duff... Argh, her face of unhealthiness really killed me! I don't really remember the first movie but this one was pretty good, it kept me entertained and using way too much tissue! Definitely a move to watch with kids or with your family! :)

Rating : 8/10

Mrs_Sarcasm

Old 03-14-2009, 07:02 PM

Marley and Me

There was no way I was gonna go and see this movie cuz someone on the internet spoiled the ending for me (I stumbled right into it)! But got free tickets via SeeFilmFirst so ended up going to see it (with a few friends).
I don't regret it, its good, better than I expected it was gonna be. The story was good, acting better, and the dog (or dogs who played Marley) was fantastic. Comedies are the type of films I usually go for, as well as action and adventures. And this was a comedy with a bit of romance and a lot of action/adventure, if a dog being chased by its owners is called action.. Overall a good film, bit generic when it comes to what the dog is about to do, but a few surprises and 'I didn't expect that!' moments. I recommend bringing some tissues and not see it with kids. Just a heads up!

8/10. :)

Michy Lea
(^._.^)ノ

Old 03-15-2009, 02:38 AM

The Little Rascals

5/5

It's kind of a modern classic. Who doesn't love it? All the kids are adorable. Spanky with his strict "womun" hating throughout most of it. How adorable is he in the ballerina outfit? And Alfalfa with that hair that just won't go down. Froggy with his really weird voice. Buckwheat and Porky, who are always together doing something, like when they're fishing or waiting at the payphone to call the firemen, while standing right in front of a fire station. It's just such a cute movie. I love it. I even set my alarm to make sure I woke up to watch it.

ellaangelus
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-15-2009, 03:29 PM

Underworld - The Rise Of The Lycans
10/10

Is awesome (maybe because i love vampires).
This movie is about vampires and werewolves
and another rase called Lycan
and the main character, a Lycan
falls in love with a vampire girl
and they both have romantic times,
even though is against the 'rules'.
Her father finds out that she has an affair
and he decides to kill her
In the meantime, he puts the Lycan in prison
and he escapes with all the prisoners.
Not all of them escape, but he promises he will return for them.
When the Lycan finds out that the girl he loves is in danger,
he returnes by himself at the castle
and rescues her (for a little while), cause her father knew he will come for her.
He catches both of them
He ties her daughter and the Lycan
and he kills his daughter by putting her in the sunlight.
The Lycan sees how she dies and he becomes really nervous.
He escapes by turning himself in a werewolf.
he calls all the werewolves for a fight with the vampires.
The prisoners that escaped with him come too to fight along him.
The Lycan goes to kill the vampire that killed his lover
and he thinks he kills him
But at the end of the movie,
we see that the vampire is alive.

There are 2 more movies that i have to see,
so i can't tell all the story ^^'

even though i tried to explain how i could,
i
don't think anyone understood a word ^^'

garnet_dagger
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-16-2009, 02:01 AM

I just saw Hotel for Dogs and it was ok

mz-mobin-on-em-09
Dead Account Holder

Old 03-16-2009, 02:05 AM

the last movie i saw was the true confessions of a hollywood starlet and on a scale of 1-10 i give it a 10

Reiran
is Gundam. ;D

Old 03-16-2009, 02:41 AM

Twilight.
A Few months ago.
I was forced to go but it was okay, I don't really like the Tiwlight series anyways. So I'd probably give it a 6/10?

Michy Lea
(^._.^)ノ

Old 03-17-2009, 07:53 PM

The Crow: City of Angels

1/5

I really did not like it. I'd give it a 0, but Vincent Perez is worth at least a 1. It was just sex, drugs, and murder. It didn't make sense. I stopped watching after maybe 30 minutes.

Doodlekaboodle
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via MSN to Doodlekaboodle

Old 03-20-2009, 02:33 AM

I watched Borat last night for probably the sixth time.. 9/10
But the last movie I saw in theatres was "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button."
It was so good! I cried a of couple times.. 9.87/10 ..
Brad Pitt looks real good.. at least, when he's in his "young" phase in the movie.

AcidDrop
Dead Account Holder

Old 03-20-2009, 08:19 AM

last film i saw was police academy 4... 10/10.. i adore all the PA films <3

Pa-pancake
\(@O@)ʌ...
Send a message via MSN to Pa-pancake

Old 03-20-2009, 09:58 AM

The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian

Um, it got a bit confusing at first because I kind of forgot what happened in the first movie and it took me awhile to recall a lot of things. But as the movie progressed, things started making more sense. Though I think that the characters have changed quite a bit right? The four children have really different personalities compared to before. The storyline itself is rather choppy and it doesn't exactly go on with a nice flow to it since there are rather sudden interruptions and parts inserted that I feel don't really complement the story. Probably the book must have told the story quite well but the way it was interpreted into the movie wasn't really done well. Like how there was the part where the white witch was supposed to be released. The funny thing is that I don't really know where the other two creatures were before that. They were those sudden insertions that I just couldn't get. Then I also didn't understand why the lion didn't come to save Narnia and why the little girl had to go find him instead =.=" I mean, it looks like he's really powerful and all. The graphics were okay. somehow the 1st movie was ore impressive. The costumes and character design were pretty good though. I liked the little mouse thing knight. He was probably my favourite character of the lot. Oh, the villains were kind of underrated in my opinion. They seemed more weak and kind of useless. Almost like the evil guy from Inkheart which totally fails! But at least these villains aren't that bad. Just that there wasn't anything that great about them either. Just bloodthirsty with manpower. No skill of their own =.=" I kind of found this movie to be quite a big disappointment compared to the first.

Rating : 5/10