momochan
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to momochan

Old 04-02-2011, 04:45 AM

ferra: I can't stop posting. I am a post-whore. I have to post and chat with people. xD I don't have much of a RL so I can be on mene for 24/7 if I could. xD

Woodlandnymph
Master Debater

Old 04-02-2011, 04:48 AM

Uh for a Clydesdale? Pretty sure they are about 17 or 18 hands. *thinks about it* yah. Sounds right. I think other horses are 13/14 to 16 hands or so

momochan
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Penpal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hean View Post
Momo - As of Gaia I used to go on my old user heanhej before he was perma-banned, later I made a new account called Exnah, but I've kinda abandoned him now. I don't go to any other community sites because usually it makes me feel more alone since I usually become ignored by people and such. As of gaia being boring it might be because the population is so massive that it's just ridicilous. - P.S. Sorry for my crappy English, had to teach myself how to write and talk the lanuage so there's still a lot of flaws.
D: Well I wont ignore you! I don't ignore people unless they are really mean to me. e .e I have never been band from a site well I have but that was because I was to young for that site. xD Your English isn't that bad, I can understand your posts so its pretty good. :lol:

zeapear
How's Annie?

Okay, thanks Woody. This shall not be forgotten. :ninja:

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 04-02-2011, 04:49 AM

@Hean: You're English is perfectly understandable to me. I'm an English teacher in Japan, so trust me I know when I hear unintelligible Engrish. XD You make me feel lame since my Japanese skillz are super shoddy despite college lessons.

@Woodlandnymph: Ha ha, valuable indeed.

@momochan: NEVAR SLEEP!!

@zeapear: Animagus? Yay! I just started rereading Harry Potter.

momochan
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Penpal

Old 04-02-2011, 04:50 AM

ferra: but if I don't I will be so cranky and mean. D:

zeapear
How's Annie?

[Ferra] Ja, Harry Potter is the bomb. :drool: Which is your favourite book? Mine is the last. But, my favourite movie would have to be number four. (Goblet of Fire)

Hean
o7

Ferra - Seems kind of empty-ish, but uh, does mene have a massive amount of active users now or are we still below the 20k amount?

Wood - Danish. Basically used movies and video games to figure out how I was supossed to pronounce certain words.

Woodlandnymph
Master Debater

Old 04-02-2011, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferra View Post
@Hean: You're English is perfectly understandable to me. I'm an English teacher in Japan, so trust me I know when I hear unintelligible Engrish. XD You make me feel lame since my Japanese skillz are super shoddy despite college lessons.

@Woodlandnymph: Ha ha, valuable indeed.

@momochan: NEVAR SLEEP!!

@zeapear: Animagus? Yay! I just started rereading Harry Potter.
I was thinking the same thing Hean. Jealous! I've tried to teach myself a few languages, but it's not gone far yet. I HAVE to learn German probably for grad school though.... So I should get on that. Other than that, it's a smattering here and there.

Ferra: Where in Japan do you teach? I was thinking about Japan or Korea at one point...since I am in between ungrad and grad school.

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 04-02-2011, 04:59 AM

@momochan: Fine, give in!

@zeapear: For whatever reason, I really liked the 6th book, but I think the 3rd one is still my favorite. I just finished rereading that one and I'll be starting on Goblet of Fire today. I think the fifth movie was probably my favorite, although I have a soft spot for the first one despite the terrible acting. :lol:

@Hean: We're still a small community, but I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing. :)

@Woodlandnymph: I teach in Sendai, but thankfully my school is okay. I really love it here and I would suggest Japan if you can get into the JET program since it comes with a decent pay level and various other perks the private companies don't provide. If not, a lot of the people who've worked in Korea really enjoyed it too. I've not been to South Korea yet, but I plan to go this summer.

momochan
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Penpal

Old 04-02-2011, 05:00 AM

ferra: I WIN! I am just that awesome. :cool: so how is ferra this ni--morning. xD

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 04-02-2011, 05:01 AM

Well it's around 2pm where I live, so I'd say I'm having a good afternoon so far. I'm just happy to relax since I don't work today. :)

momochan
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Penpal

Old 04-02-2011, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferra View Post
Well it's around 2pm where I live, so I'd say I'm having a good afternoon so far. I'm just happy to relax since I don't work today. :)
its 1 AM here. xD man I wish I didn't have school on monday. ; M;

Hean
o7

Old 04-02-2011, 05:03 AM

Ferra - As for the first reply, are you alright? Had two of my friends in Sendai who didn't make it. Of second post, obviously not, not only can you feel closer to the community, but you can also create better feedback for the site itself that way. Oh and it's 7am here, I should go to sleep already.

Wood - I appreciate your jealousy <3

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 04-02-2011, 05:06 AM

@Hean: Oh no, I'm sorry to hear that. :( I'm doing well myself and I'm glad my school is faraway from the coast, so it's fine as well. However, some of my fellow English teachers have students who didn't make it and some schools have been destroyed. The city center in Sendai is starting to become much more normal, but the coasts will take years to restore.

Hope you sleep well!

Woodlandnymph
Master Debater

Old 04-02-2011, 05:08 AM

Aw man Ferra. That's crazy though. Same to you Hean, sorry to hear about your friends there :/

I will look at the JET program! Thanks for mentioning it. I watch a lot of Korean shows, so I feel like I would like it there a lot. Granted, same obviously goes for Japan.

I love books 4 and 5 for HP.... and the last one is pretty good as well. I love seeing everything work out and come together.

That's crazy Ferra. To be so close to everything that I can't even comprehend, in spite of how many hours of footage I've watched and continue to watch. :/

Hean
o7

Old 04-02-2011, 05:08 AM

Ferra - It really sucked, mostly due to that they both worked in the airport and well, yea, loads of footage from when the waves hit the airport. But at least it's good to hear that a lot of people made it, I wish you the best of luck. Sleep well.

Woodlandnymph
Master Debater

Old 04-02-2011, 05:09 AM

Sleep well Hean! I am really sorry to hear about your friends too!

Hean
o7

Old 04-02-2011, 05:11 AM

Wood - Was saying goodnight to Ferra, wasn't going to sleep. Even though yes I should, I'm probably not going to since I have a lot of chat-logs to look through to search for "offending" players. Thank you, but yea, I'm really happy that most of my friends in Japan survived, better to have some survive than none at the least.

Woodlandnymph
Master Debater

Old 04-02-2011, 05:15 AM

Oh. Lol! Whoops! It's 7am and you are awake? I thought I was the night owl. It's only 1 am here. I'm TRYING to sleep earlier than I have been....which is 4 am as of late.

Hean
o7

Old 04-02-2011, 05:18 AM

I can't help but keep myself awake most of the time, though yea I need to change it, but been doing it for almost a year and it can't be healthy that's for sure.

Woodlandnymph
Master Debater

Old 04-02-2011, 05:19 AM

Well, one day when your head pops off or something.... I guess that lesson is learned, right? ;)

Hean
o7

Old 04-02-2011, 05:20 AM

That's the problem though ;c I seem to first be concerned when the consequences show and usually when the consequences start to show it's too late to change, really sucks.

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 04-02-2011, 05:22 AM

@Woodlandnymph: I'm personally much more drawn to Japanese culture and I've studied it extensively in college, so that's probably my bias showing. XD But I think most people agree that JET is one of the better English teaching programs out there.

As for Sendai, the international news does blow it a bit out of proportion. It was horrible, but the only part of Sendai that got hit by the tsunami was the wards closest to the shore (Wakabayashi). Sendai has over a million residents and spans all the way to the mountains from the coast, so most people got through the ordeal without seeing the tsunami at all (like me). However, Wakabayashi ward did get hit very hard. :(

The_Crow
Mime From Hell
Penpal
Send a message via AIM to The_Crow Send a message via MSN to The_Crow Send a message via Yahoo to The_Crow

Old 04-02-2011, 05:24 AM

The title of this thread made my head hurt. I think it might have something to do with triggering PTSD from something that happened somewhere I tried to block out. -Places hands on forehead- Ugh, the agony!