Korn
I AM AWAY ON VACAY

Old 08-29-2014, 06:54 AM

Vepar stood silently and watched as nearly each and every person that had been gathered in the main hall dispersed, some disappearing upstairs while others headed into the kitchen. She was left only with one of the new faces, a redhead that was busying himself with the slightly less grungy human. One of the unnamed faces glided silently out the door, brushing past her. Huffing in distaste she moved to follow her Fae friend, though she had to sidestep in order to avoid the falling pile of wings and limbs. Giggling a bit, she watch as the girl began to ascend once again, this time holding on to the railing. Moving her gaze, she saw that at the top of the stairs the purple-haired oddity was speaking with another man -- and the red eyes made her pause.

'So, definitely not a human,' she thought, standing at the bottom of the steps. There seemed to be a restrained power to this one, and if she were to guess it would be that he was another vampire. Nothing that could really be confirmed, to be fair, but it was as good a guess as any.

The demoness wondered whether or not she should leave them be, to go and follow the draw of her magic in that human girl, or if she should poke at the unknown. It wasn't as if the two were having a fruitful conversation.

XxZeabotXx

Old 08-29-2014, 11:36 AM

This young boy sighed as he passed the streets of an old Walmart building, Decimated and completely destroyed. He sighed even more as his aura glow's red and his inner spirit releases nothing but a dark force, Almost like a demon, Pushing rubble until he found it. A blood shard. He found one finally by the time he wen't through all he had. He said to himself, In a dark and deep-toned voice, 'Maybe sometimes, Humanity is not foiled by chance, But by choice?'.

He suddenly heard someone say, 'Door doesn't open by itself...', His supernatural spirit makes him different. From everybody. Maybe too diffrent?

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 08-29-2014, 03:12 PM

"Hmm," Cade hummed. "You walked up the stairs to stare at Bell's door, out of love for doors then, I suppose," he egged. And the man was already heading back down the stairs. "I agree," Cade said. "It is not the most interesting door. Perhaps I should have them all exchanged," he said in thought, though sarcasm laced every word.

Cade passed him on the stairs lazily. "Mind your manners, Jinrou," he said dismissively. "Guests in my home are to respect the others living here." Cade paused and looked over his shoulder at the other. "Or were you looking for punishment as well?" There was certainly more to that question than what appeared. But Cade waited for no response.

He continued his descent down the stairs, passing the fairy and the demon. "Welcome to my home," he said in passing, only turning his red gaze onto the pair for but a moment, reading them. Cade continued through the foyer and out the door where the red haired vampire stood with Nate. Cade placed his own hand on Nate's shoulder.

"You're the one who hangs around my castle so often," he said in observation. "My, you don't look well," he said in amusement. Cade steered the man around back towards the door. "Please," he said, "Come back inside. I cannot very well let someone harmed in my home wander away into the village. You are welcome to any room here if you wish to rest," he paused, "or shower."

"I simply ask that my home remain a peaceful one. If you cannot keep the peace, I will eat you," he said lazily, as if it were some everyday, boring activity. Cade turned his red gaze onto the other vampire. "Welcome to my home, traveler," he said. "Please, make yourselves comfortable." His eyes passed them to Usagi. "I have business to discuss." He moved towards Usagi but paused to look over his shoulder.

"I do believe Katerina is making tea in the kitchen," he said, before catching up to Usagi. His eyes danced over the man in amusement, but he said nothing, waiting for the other to initiate the business conversation.

~~~*~~~*~~~

Katerina had led Gwen to the kitchen. She saw Usagi as Gwen did, already knowing who he was. She'd been about to let him know that she was going to make tea, when he began to excuse himself. As he passed her, he gave her a warning. She frowned, and glanced over her shoulder as he disappeared. What was shifting? She pushed the thought from her mind for now.

The woman moved around the clean kitchen to find supplies for making tea, and started the stove. "So how do you know Red?" Katerina questioned curiously. She had her back to the woman though, only turning slightly to hear her response. Red and Bell were bad news, though she believed that Red was only so because of Bell. How could she go about warning this girl to stay away from them? Especially if she and Red were friends.

Someone else had entered the kitchen, but Katerina didn't turn to look. She merely called, "Tea will be ready soon." Ironically enough, it was Red. The two of them in the kitchen that had been so different looking earlier in the day. Katerina went on about her business without a clue.

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 08-29-2014, 05:58 PM

Shiki gave a slightly colder look at the words the other was spouting. He was mocking him it seemed, finding this amusing. He really was not interested in spying, no one here interested him that much, it had merely been the scent of this man to catch his attention for a moment. He then bluntly called him out on what he was, Shiki’s eyes giving a slight flicker. So, he knew. Shiki was not really surprised, something inside of him seemed to be slightly expecting it in a sense. Respect…he clenched his jaw a bit, resisting the urge to speak up at that comment.

The other was then speaking about punishment, and Shiki’s eyes narrowed slightly. The words were laced with a hint of more, but he preferred not to find out what the other’s desired ‘punishment’ would be. He had been through enough with them to know it was never good. The other was leaving then, out the front. He felt more now then before, that coming here had not been to good of an idea. For some reason he felt trapped now, as if someone had just slammed the door on a cage closed. He placed a hand to his head with a sigh, well this was turning out to be an eventful night indeed.

He sensed the man coming before he did. Vampire or not, he could not hide himself from the darkness and shadows. They made it very hard for anyone to ever sneak up on Usagi. Then again, he did not believe the other was trying to mask his presence at all now. He looked up at the sky for a moment, “so…you are the real owner of this place then” he said, not really needing an answer. He had been suspecting it, Bell just did not seem like the type of man who could or would handle the burden of such a place for long…without either burning it to the ground or killing everything in sight with his personality. He then finally turned, his own eyes sliding to the man who stood there within the open air along with him. He stayed silent for a moment, before speaking up.

Weather this man knew who he was or not, it was polite to give an introduction. Similar as with Bell, he placed his right hand over his heart, before lowering his upper body in a slight bow. “It is a pleasure to finally meet the host….my name is Usagi Ryouichi, I was sent here by Levyathan as a representative for Orion” he wondered if the other was familiar with Levyathan…it was possible that they had met or at least spoken before. His eyes opening a bit. Perhaps this man was the reason why the other was so keen on having Usagi be the one to come and deal with this. He sighed a bit, getting the feeling he had been set up as a prize.

Hidden Cupcake
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-30-2014, 06:35 AM

Nate was about to turn away, mumble and apologize or something to the red-head, and leave. Head home. Do what he wanted and get absolutely blasted.

Until there was another hand on his shoulder.

His lip curled and he was about to tell the other off, about to make an annoyed comment that he was fine but thank you anyway I'm leaving now, when he actually saw the other.

He barely registered his words, only vaguely nodding when he mentioned how he had been loitering on his property. Nate couldn't quite place what tipped him off or sent the chill down his, sent a blizzard down his ribs.

It was probably the eyes.

The man mumbled something, laughing about his appearance but Nate just stared, watching and nodding as he gave his warning and turned him around back toward the castle.

Then the man with the red eyes walked away and left the battered drunkard staring.

His fingers no longer trembled and Nate could feel his head clearing somewhat, vision sharpening.

The oily black thing in him shifted in place, hissing a single word that fluttered through Nate's vision like a slug; Ancient.

Just the thought left a bad taste in his mouth, something like iron mixed with a foul grease. Images of an old man with a dark air fluttered through his mind and he couldn't stop his hand from darting up and gripping at the side his neck.

The shaking was back and Nate turned to look at the man slowly, watching his back as he approached the strange shadow guy.

For the first time in years, Nate felt genuine fear.

Last edited by Hidden Cupcake; 08-31-2014 at 06:21 PM..

Chibipet
(-.-)zzZ

Old 08-31-2014, 03:35 AM

The blonde pouted at Vee because of her giggling. A soft moan escaped the fairy's mouth.

"I have probably sprained a wing." she thought.

When she reached the top of the stairs, she noticed that Vee stopped. Isabella waited a few minutes and noticed that the being still did not move an inch.

"Um, Vee?"

She moved beside her and looked at her. Then she used her hand and positioned in her face, but not to where she was touching it. Isabella moved it up and don to see if she noticed. The blonde conjured up a guess as to what she was thinking. Gradually, the blonde removed herself from Vee's side and went behind her. Then she stepped back and lightly jogged towards Vee and leaped above her head. The blonde landed on her hands in a handstand position. The blonde sticked out her tongue at Vee.

"I believe someone is trying to be mischievous." she said before turning around.

The blonde removed herself off her feet and dusted off her hands. Then she began to stroll down the hallway. Her eyes glance at the walls and pictures. As she was walking, she noticed he being that fought Bell; it was a brief look to see how he was holding up. She stopped and continuing to find the bathroom.

"Hm, what was he doing there?"

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 08-31-2014, 09:06 PM

Regan Delaire released his hold on the obviously drunk man. It was far more interesting to stare at the other vampire, with quite obvious interest. Red eyes were sometimes a sign of age. Sometimes. Even if they weren't, the sheer force of this other man's presence was enough to convince Regan to step lightly and respectfully around the owner of the castle.

He inclined his head in acknowledgement, then turned his attention once more to this other stranger, the one who really seemed to need a shower. "Would it be so bad to accept the hospitality of this man for a night? You really do seem too tired to be traveling."

Kitchens were always reassuring. They were comfortable places. The heart of the home was where food was made. In most normal homes, that was. Gwen smiled a bit when the blonde stranger introduced himself. She would have tried to make small talk, to get to know him, but he was already disappearing. The young woman stared at Katerina's back to distract herself. Her fingers curled around the counter. Her knuckles went white.

"I met Red in town, this afternoon. Bell was there too, and Usagi. Bell told Red to take me home, safely." Re walked in while she was talking. Her amber eyes lifted to him. She liked her lips and shifted uncomfortably. "Red, what are you exactly?" Gwen planted her eyes on the ground. She was glad Red was safe, glad that she wasn't the only human stuck in the castle ... But she just couldn't stop trembling.

Hidden Cupcake
\ (•◡•) /

Old 09-01-2014, 07:29 PM

Nate inhaled sharply and turned, eyes landing on the red head who had stopped him. He looked him over, still gripping his neck. He sniffed again, sounding more like an indignant snort that anything.

"It'd probably kill me," he hissed, glaring at the other with a sneer on his swollen lips. "I'm not exactly the best at keeping my mouth shut."

He moved his hand from his neck, the trembling in his fingers making his hand shake as he lifted it to rub at his face, fingers running over swollen bruises and crusted blood.

"I guess I'll stay. Hell knows I don't want to but I have no choice at this point, do I?" He sounded less annoyed now, the tone more resigned and exasperated.

"This place better have alcohol..." he hissed, casting a glance back at the ancient vampire.

He didn't want to stay here. Not with this thing wandering around and generally being bad news. It was dangerous and stupid. But that's never stopped him before has it?

"Fuck it. Let's tempt fate shall we!" he hummed, face twisting into a strained smile. as he tossed his arms up. "Tonight I sleep in a house filled with psychopaths and pray to still be alive in the morning!" One hand came down, clapping the redhead on the shoulder and grinning. "Let's get inside!"

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 09-02-2014, 03:05 AM

The silver haired vampire smiled, pleased. "Ah," he said in approval, "Usagi." He said the other's name, raking his eyes over the man appraisingly. When his own red eyes met Usagi's, they danced with amusement. "Levyathan," he said lightly, as if the name were some kind of inside joke, hinting at that he did in fact know the other.

He put his arm around the reddish brown haired man's shoulders. "Come then, Usagi," he said. "Let us discuss business in the library, shall we? I'd love to hear Levyathan's vision, from you yourself." He was already steering Usagi around and back to the castle.

~~~*~~~*~~~

Katerina was surprised for some reason, to hear that Gwen and Red had met only that evening. Especially surprised that Bell had told Red to walk her home. "Bell hates humans," she mumbled, half to Gwen and half just thinking out loud. She was confused when Gwen said something, to Red. She turned around to see the red-haired male standing in the kitchen.

Yes, she was curious to know, too. She could only assume... but assumptions didn't mean much in an unknown world. She stayed there by the stove, but watched, waiting expectantly for Red's answer as the tea seeped.

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 09-02-2014, 02:01 PM

So, his suspicions had been right. The two did know each other. He had figured as much, Levyathan always did have friends in high places, he seemed to know people from all walks of life. The other looked over Usagi, seeming to do what he hoped was only sizing him up. Anything more at this point unnerved him a bit, but he said nothing about it at all. He could not be rude, and he was not by nature either. The other moved an arm around him, and for a moment, his eyes drifted to it. It felt slightly cold, similar to his shadow. Speaking of which, it seemed to reach out a bit towards the man’s curious. Usagi gave a strong mental signal of ‘no’, it would not be good to unnerve the other, plus he was not exactly keen on diving into his shadow and getting a feel of him. The shadow pulled back into place, as the other spoke about discussing business in the library. He wanted to hear what Usagi thought Levyathan’s goal was in his own words.

He had what the other had told him, but now that this was unfolding, the true purpose was once more beginning to seem like a mystery. He allowed the other to steer him inside, his eyes moving to glance at a few of the others as they passed. He kept his mouth shut for now, there was no need to discuss things in front of those who did not need to know to much at the moment. Besides, there was no rush, the other had chosen the library as their destination. He had been there before, it was where he met the female, the one he had warned things were shifting. His eyes moved in the direction of the kitchen, before returning to the halls of the inner workings of this castle. Voices fading away into silence, the two of them were now left fully alone. He wondered if he should have been more prepared, he had not been really expecting the other to reveal himself so soon, now slightly regretting his more casual wear without a tie or a coat.

Though he was still formal enough, he supposed the way the other had eyed him, he approved of his looks either way. He reached a hand up as they entered the doors, to run his fingers through the front part of his hair and bangs. He pushed it out of the way of his own reddish brown eyes, so that they could clearly be seen, and he could clearly see everything around him with his own eyes. Being able to see through the shadows and darkness was useful, but it tended to be murky and dark, like a white screen that constantly had black whisps of smoke curling over it. Now alone, he turned to face this man, focusing his eyes on him once more.

(Hope that was ok XD, did not see the point in wasting more posts in them walking, so I just moved him there in one and went on generally to say your person went to. The details and stuff are up to you about his actual part of the little walk XD.)

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 09-03-2014, 02:05 PM

Red should've just turned around and walked right back out of that kitchen, but he didn't. Instead he lingered by the door, as if he wasn't sure he wanted to be in there or not. Bell might get angry at him again, his eyes flitted over Gwen, and then Katerina, a slight frown on his lips. Red moved, stepping a bit further into the kitchen, though mostly he was just moving out of the way of the door. Gwen asked him what he was, and he wondered if it was alright to tell her now. Now that Bell had revealed his vampiric self to her.

Katerina had muttered something, but Red picked up the words and shook his head slightly. "Am a crazy wolf. Vargulf." He said the word 'vargulf' with a growl, not a menacing one, just a growl, he had also shrugged. Those eyes of his glancing at Gwen for a moment then back at Katerina. "Humans mean. Always mean at Bell, even when Bell human, humans mean to him." Red honestly didn't think being a vampire had anything to do with Bell's hatred of humans, of course it his hatred had been a deciding factor in his wanting to turn, but being a vampire had not caused him to hate humans.

"Angry, Bell always just angry." Another shrug. "Is good man, too angry, but good man." There was almost a challenge in his voice, as if he dared either of them to dispute the fact that Bell was a good man. Bell was Red's alpha and best friend, in Red's eyes, Bell was a good person. Violent at times. Well, a lot of times, and angry. So angry, but he wasn't evil and he wasn't exactly cruel. His anger did go out of control at times, and it made him a beast more frightening than any werewolf could be, but Red believed in his friend. Bell was just Bell.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 09-04-2014, 02:27 AM

Gwen's hand slid to her neck. She could swear the rips in her throat were still there, just waiting to break open again. That was just her imagination. "I want to give him a chance, Red. I really really do." Her fingers squeezed against her throat a little. "I believe you and all ... but .. he was killing me." And Red had walked away, just as he'd been told to.

Now she could understand it better, she supposed. A wolf .. wolves needed packs. Bell was probably Red's. Still, there was resentment in her voice when she spoke next. "I don't know him really. But ... I mean ... you would have let him kill me, if things hadn't happened." Gwen shuddered and glanced at Katerina. She didn't want to show her tears, the budding tears in her eyes to either of them. Her breathing came out hard, until she forced it to smoothen out.

Regan laughed. He slipped a supporting arm around the other man's waist and helped him along. "Well if you wanna hang out, I have booze in my bag." It was the strong stuff too, shimmery amber stuff that burned your throat on the way down and damaged your liver ... If you were alive to have it damaged in the first place.

"I'll throw in a shower too." The blue eyed man winked. He wanted to play. He wanted to have fun, to be carefree.

Hidden Cupcake
\ (•◡•) /

Old 09-04-2014, 04:16 AM

Nate snorted as the man, the following chuckle much more hollow than the red-head's. Until he mentioned alcohol, the unkempt man's interest peaked.

"Yeah...yeah sure OK," he muttered, smile becoming somewhat genuine. "I mean...if you're offering."

They began to move and, while Nate was a little annoyed that the other was offering any physical assistance, he wasn't about to shake him off. The man, as far as Nate knew, was currently his only source of alcohol. He wasn't about to lose that.

He glance at the other when he mentioned a shower, face flushing slightly as the other winked. Was he...?

Oh...oh dear. This was awkward. He didn't know quite how this came around. It had been literal years since anyone had shown any interest in. It was almost surreal to find out really.

Unless of course Nate was reading too far into something that wasn't there. He could be entirely wrong. It wouldn't be the first time.

He let out a huff of air, looking away. "Yeah...I've been told I could use a shower," he mumbled, voice low. He cast a sideways glance back at the other, still unsure. He studied the other man's expression, wondering if he was right or if he was just reading too much into a wink.

He doubted it. He barely even wanted it. The last time he had loved another person, he found them dead on his floor nine months later with a too familiar and terrifying mask covering their face.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 09-04-2014, 03:07 PM

The vampire shrugged, and scooted the other man along with him up the stairs. Some rooms were obviously closed, locked. Regan had tried them with a quick twist of his wrist. One or two doors opened, but these rooms were obviously occupied. Regan moved on to some other rooms, and then burst into a comfortable, but old fashioned, looking place.

And there was a shower.

Regan propelled the other man towards the bathroom and shoved him into the shower, clothes and all. "Before you get the booze, you need to get clean." The redhead turned a silver tap and watched as cold water poured from the shower head. His hands were freezing all of a sudden, and his shoulder length hair was son soaked.

((I hope you don't mind me speeding them over to a room, Hidden))

Hidden Cupcake
\ (•◡•) /

Old 09-05-2014, 12:32 AM

Nate felt his shoulders tense with each passing moment, unable to stop the uncomfortable twitch of his skin beneath where the red-head's arm held constant physical presence. It was a bit uncomfortable and sent little twitches up and down his skin. He hasn't been touched for this long in a very long time.

They entered one of the only rooms that seemed to be uninhabited, making their way to the restroom door. He was almost glad when they entered and the constant presence on his lower back was removed, shoulders slumping in mild relief.

Only for them to tense again as the hand simply moved to the middle of his back, palm pressed against him in full as he was literally pushed head long into the shower. He stumbled, catching himself with a grunt and turning to give the red-head a stern and angry retort.

It caught in his throat with a stutter as frigid water splashed over his body, shocking him to the core and leaving him gasping. Within seconds his body and clothes were soaking, dripping and clinging to his body as the water drenched him.

Through the wet clinging of his shirt, it was easy to see the way his ribs jutted only slightly out of the skin of his chest.

"What the hell is wrong with you, shit-breath?!" he hissed, making to remove his shirt. It didn't work and took much longer than it should have. Eventually it did come free and he made a point to throw the now heavy article at the other.

He hoped it would hit his face.

"Am I really that fucking offensive?" No answer was really needed for that. As he was undoing his pants he noticed the slight darkness of the water that ran off him, swirling down the drain. There were even flecks of red and he could only guess that was the blood from his neck. He didn't realize most of his was running out of his hair.

"Least you could fucking do was let me get my clothes off, shit-for-brains..." he hissed, managing to get his pants and boxers off, leaving him exposed. A part of him was mortified at leaving himself nude like this, but another part could care less and was just extremely annoyed at this man for throwing him head first into a colder-than-the-arctic impromptu shower.

Last edited by Hidden Cupcake; 09-05-2014 at 12:45 AM..

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 09-05-2014, 12:51 AM

Red didn't even grimace when Gwen said those words to him. True enough, Red would have let Bell kill her, Red would probably kill her himself if Bell told him to, but she didn't need to know that. In fact, he might kill her on a night of a full moon, just because he'd be lost to the hunger and predatory instincts of his wolven self. She didn't need to know that either. Red merely shrugged. "He told me go, so Red went." He spoke the words simply, as if they were all the explanation she needed.

He wasn't sure how to explain his relationship with Bell to her, he wasn't sure how to explain anything to her. Except. "Told Gwen not come, told Gwen stay home. Is your own fault Bell angry." The words might have been cold, but Red was only stating the truth as he saw it. "Gwen good people, Red try keep Gwen away from this. Now we both in trouble." Red was not eager for the punishment that was waiting for him, and he knew Bell would come at him before too much time had passed. Right now, Bell was just laying curled up on his bed, not moving. Some of the vampire's anger had drained away, but he lay motionless because he wasn't in the mood to hear the jingling noise that accompanied his every movement.

Red's ears were straining for that noise though, anticipating and dreading it. For now the vargulf was glad that Bell was still upstairs and hadn't come for him.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 09-05-2014, 01:37 AM

The shirt hit Regan's hand with a loud splat. He grinned and moved to the sink. Soon, the vampire was soaking the shirt, cleaning it up. His eyes slid over the other man's form, noting the exposed ribs, the blood flowing into the drain. And then he laughed. Regan shook his head and let his bag slide to the floor.

"Right, as if you would have striped with me around unless I got you all hot under the collar." Regan grinned at the double entendre as he bent down to snatch up Nate's other clothes. He shoved them under the tap and rinsed them out in the sink.

Gwen crossed her arms and stepped up, right into the vargulf's space. "Listen here, Red. He's a good man. Alright, I'll take your word for it. But he's also an angry man, which means that him trying to kill me isn't necessarily my fault." She shook her head. "You warned me away, sure. But you lied to me to do it! If I'd known an angry vampire was going to try and gobble me up if I went too close to the castle, I would have for sure tried to stay away!"

Hidden Cupcake
\ (•◡•) /

Old 09-05-2014, 05:31 AM

"Jackass..." Nate snorted, rubbing his hands along his chest. He paused over the skin barely covering his ribs, biting his lip as he felt every bony bump. He sniffed before moving his hands to change the heat of the cold spray, changing it to a kind, yet unforgiving, intense heat.

Steam began to fill the bathroom soon afterwards.

He tried his best to ignore the red-head, running his hands through his hair and scrubbing out any grease in his hair. There was some shampoo resting on a porcelain shelf, a bit of a fine smelling blessing.

He squirted some into his hand, slathering his hair in a generous amount of suds. Already he could feel his hair losing some of it's weight, suddenly much lighter with the grease gone.

He felt much cleaner and he began to lament his poor attention to hygiene. It was a nice feeling to have.

He let his eyes slide closed as he put his head under the stream, allowing the soapy suds to wash over his face as he relaxed into the warm water. For a small time, he forgot he wasn't alone.

((I feel like I've been cursing quite a lot recently...don't forget that if any of you have a problem with my dirty mouth don't be afraid to say something.))

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 09-05-2014, 02:00 PM

Katerina had been listening, but now she poured tea. Two cups, one for her and one for Gwen. She wasn't being rude, Katerina just assumed Red didn't drink tea. He hunted down and killed deer and ate them, well, just like that. Tea probably wasn't his thing, she assumed.

When Red told Gwen it was her own fault she was almost killed, Katerina herself frowned. Maybe the girl hadn't listened, but it was certainly Bell's fault. He was the angry psycho vampire who had it out for humans. Gwen seemed to get angry, too, and the situation was a little tense. Katerina cleared her throat. "I'm... going to give you guys some space to talk," she said, backing away towards the door.

"If you need me," she said directly to Gwen, "I'll be upstairs. I'll leave my door cracked so it's easy to find me okay?" And with that, Katerina slipped out the door. She paused there for a moment with her tea in her hand. She wondered if leaving Gwen alone with Red was a good idea. Sure it was, so long as Bell didn't show up down there. She shook her head and sighed.

A few minutes later Katerina was sitting on her bed, tea in hand, glasses on and typing on her laptop with her free hand, searching 'Vargulf'.

~~~*~~~*~~~

In the library, Cade motioned for Usagi to sit. He took his own chair across from Usagi, beside the lit fireplace where Usagi had previously sat with Katerina. Before he sat, he removed his long leather coat and slung it over the back of the chair. Sitting, he crossed one leg over the other so that it rested upon the knee at his ankle.

Cade lounged lazily, watching Usagi with a faint smile, a hint of knowledge behind it that might make Usagi uncomfortable. "Let's hear it then, Usagi," he said, speaking the words in his usual calm, almost monotone voice. His smile had widened ever so slightly, and he rested his elbows on the arm rests, each of his finger tips pressed against its match of the opposite hand as he waited, red eyes seeming to stare right through Usagi's own.

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 09-05-2014, 02:17 PM

Shiki sighed, deciding that standing in the stairs was not going to change anything at all. He turned away, instead moving down the hall in the opposite direction that seemed to be of Bell’s room. He would do a little exploring, learn this place and bide his time for now. It was a pain to stay, and it was a pain to leave. There really was no winning at the moment, but then again, there had not been for awhile. He was used to situations such as these, it had become a norm for him. He moved along to a random room, the door seeming to be unlocked.

Stepping inside, he closed it and looked around. A room, good. He could feel himself needing a small nap, pressing the lock on the door into place. For now there was no harm in it right? If the other wanted to kill him, he would have done it in the time they had been alone on the stairs. He moved to the bed, running a hand over the top. His eyes already feeling heavy, he promptly allowed his body to fall onto it. No use in forcing himself to stay up right. His eyes closing, it was not long, before things began to fade away as sleep set in.

Usagi watched the other move to a chair, he moved to the other and slowly sat down as offered. There was no need to be rude. He watched the other’s manner for a moment, he seemed to be amused by this, enjoying it. Usagi sighed internally, while maintaining composed on the outside. As he watched the man, he was asked to speak. He believed the other was not one for wasting much time with formalities, but then again, he seemed like one who could waste days if he desired to as well. Taking a breath, Usagi spoke up, his eyes not moving from the other’s for a second.

“I am here on behalf of Orion and Levyathan. We seek to build connections, bridges if you will between various groups of life…though you probably know there are…other dealings within the company at times as well” he said, “in order to create a trust and to show no ill will to you or any of the beings here, I have been personally asked to see this through, and to be of assistance wherever the head of this place see fit..” It was what he had told Bell and that female earlier. It was what he had been told, but what had seemed to good to be true, seemed to now hold undertones of his earlier suspicions.

Levyathan had asked him to be the one to be here for this specific reason. He pushed the thoughts away and continued. “If you approve, we can work on something more...if not, I will leave, and you will not be bothered again” he had a feeling Levyathan had known the other would not be able to turn down such a deal with such open terms, and the prospects of this situation with Usagi. He fell silent for a moment, letting the other take in the information, if he had a question, Usagi would answer.

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 09-05-2014, 04:21 PM

Amusement danced in his eyes as Usagi spoke. Just as Levyathan had described him. Cade nodded when the man was finished speaking, in approval of Usagi and of the deal. He'd already agreed to these things, Usagi was just a part of the deal. His eyes flashed with amusement again. It appeared that Usagi was not in on that portion of the deal. Perhaps Cade would let him in on it, when it served him best.

"I have built and burned a great many of my bridges over the centuries," he said finally. He was quiet then, seeming to see something in his own memory, rather than Usagi. Sometimes you had to burn some bridges, to keep the unwanted at bay. Sometimes you burned bridges, to protect those you held dear. "Levyathan will be a great ally," he said finally, all amusement gone from his eyes. "We shall see what our bridge can carry, shall we?"

Cade stood from his chair. "If you will excuse me. It has been quite a journey, and I've been away from home for many years." His demeanor had changed slightly. Power still rolled off of him so great that humans could feel his presence. He still composed himself with honor and grace. But his eyes held a pain that he'd become too tired to conceal, perhaps. Perhaps he just didn't care to conceal it. He had no secrets, if one simply asked the right questions. There was no need for him to hide anything.

He began to walk away before turning once more. "Usagi," he spoke, the pain disappearing and the amusement returning instantaneously. "You are free to do as you like here, but you may never leave." He was already walking away again. Before he exited the library, Cade called over his shoulder, "Oh, and Usagi? Since this will be your permanent home, do make yourself familiar with the premises. If you need someone to show you around, Bell is being lazy in his room. Tell him I sent you. And take Katerina would you? She has taken Rose's position in my home," he said rather lazily.

He'd tell her that at some point. If no one beat him to it. Really, he'd only said it to bother Bell, but he did mean it. Cade had a soft spot for humans, though why would remain a mystery. He needed someone to do Rose's duties anyway, and while he did have a soft spot for humans, they were rather useless creatures. They were good for repetitive tasks, food... but not much else. They were lousy warriors, lousy at staying alive, fragile things. Surely the humans here could keep up with his castle.

Cade disappeared from the doorway like a wisp of smoke. There was suddenly no trace of him. His power could be felt from all around. Pinpointing him would prove impossible though. He could sense the presence of the others. All was well, for now. Cade disappeared into the village.

((If you take Cade up on that offer, and Bell shows him around.... Kry, it's just a pretty typical castle. Tons of rooms, multiple living areas, library, wine cellar, dungeon - though no one knows if it's ever used, kitchen, huge dining room, ball room - never used, a tower - locked (Cade's personal study), huge gardens with fountains and a hedge maze in the back - usually quite surprising to guests considering the front is made to look run-down and abandoned to keep people away. Anything else you want to add is fine.))

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 09-05-2014, 06:11 PM

He watched the other, silent. He knew about the portion containing him to a point. He knew Levyathan well, he had grown up with the man after all. His eyes on the other as he spoke of bridges, then seemed to officially accept things…at least to Usagi. He was then changing, something that made Usagi become a bit more serious as well. His eyes focusing more on the man, his shadow flattening out more into the shadows around him. He watched, as the other got up and prepared to leave. He then spoke. He may never leave? Usagi watched him for a moment, so this man planned to keep him here?

The other said this would be his permanent home, and he remained composed, until the other was gone. A sigh escaped his lips, a hand moving to rub his temples as eyes closed for a moment. Dear god, what had Levyathan gotten him into? He stood, slipping out his phone. Dialing a familiar number, he placed the phone to his ear. “Hello Usagi” a familiar voice mused on the other side of the line. “So now I have become a bartering chip?” Usagi asked, cutting right to the chase. “I have no idea what you mean” the other chuckled lightly.

Do not play coy with me…you made this deal and practically serve me to this man on a silver platter…what is it you are playing at here?” Levyathan turned a bit more serious, “I chose you because I trust you with everything...you know that. This is an important deal, and if you are able to have a little…fun on the side…why not?” he laughed. Usagi glared into the fire, slipping his free hand into his pocket. Levyathan was having as much fun with this as the other. He always told Usagi he should have more fun and loosen up, he had been weighed down by work and burdens his whole life.

So was this supposed to be an idea of fun? But in its essence, wasn’t it also in the end a job? He rubbed his temples again, Levyathan taking the silence to speak once more, “you are a strong, intelligent, capable and very handsome young man. Use what you know…and what you have to your advantage.” Usagi frowned for a moment as the other laughed a bit once more, “bastard...” He promptly hung up, he could just imagine the other still laughing. He sighed, both knowing he could not stay mad at Levyathan for long. His eyes on the fire still for a few moments, before he turned and walked out of the room himself.

He headed along the hall, towards Bell’s room. Might as well get…acquainted and familiar with the place. It would be best to start settling in, or it would only cause more strife. He was not too worried about it deep down, for he knew Levyathan would not send him here for imprisonment. He trusted the man, so, it was fine for now. He lifted a hand, in front of the door now. Lightly tapping his knuckles upon it, he waited for the other to answer. He could already ‘see’ the inside of the room in a sense, as his shadow stretched under the door.

So, the two were lovers than? It was none of his business, so he pushed the thought from his head. He ran a hand through his hair, taking a deep breath.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 09-05-2014, 11:16 PM

The clothes, Regan set out so they would dry. The tall man settled against the wall, and crossed his arms. Leaving would have been the better option. In fact, he moved to do so, at least for the moment. "I'll have the drinks ready, glasses and all, when you get out. " The red-head walked out. Transparent glass, smooth and etched both, were laid out upon a table settled at the center of the room.

Two cups, Regan pulled from his bag and set beside the bottles. The vampire plopped down to the floor with a small smile. The castle was proving to be far from boring.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 09-06-2014, 05:11 AM

Bell wasn't sure how long he had been laying there, curled up on his side. Completely unmoving, but it didn't matter. All that mattered was, he was not ready to get up yet, so when he heard the knock on his door he grunted with annoyance and growled rather loudly. The only person that should be bothering him right now was Red, and Red would not have knocked. Cade was finished with him for the moment, and that man wouldn't have knocked either. "This better be damned important." That annoyance was in his voice, he was so very good at being annoyed and everyone was so very good at annoying him.

The vampire moved, stretching a bit, the sound of bells indicating his movements as he finished stretching and stood. He glanced around the room a moment and quickly dressed. Well, he was wearing pants. Tight ones that hung rather dangerously low on his hips. He was barefoot and shirtless. Bell jerked the door open with an air of annoyance and blinked. Some of that annoyance faltered and faded. Usagi was not an extremely annoying person, though that could change, depending on the reason for disturbing Bell. "You better have a good reason for interrupting my pouting and sulking." He leaned against the door frame, arms crossing across his chest.

Red was frowning deeply, shaking his head a bit. "Humans in village can't know. Creatures here must be secret. Couldn't tell Gwen anything. If Gwen knew then Gwen die. Protect secret. Protect pack." Vampires and werewolves, faeries and all manner of creatures were just myths to humans. Myths and legends and it had to stay that way. Especially here with so many living so close to this village. He took a step back from Gwen, and glanced over his shoulder. Still a bit anxious that Bell would show up at any moment to dole out the punishment.

Hidden Cupcake
\ (•◡•) /

Old 09-06-2014, 06:32 AM

Nate opened his eyes when the other spoke, turning his head slowly to watch the other make his way out. He sniffed before he went about washing the rest of his body.

It was easy; body wash and conditioner and he was finally clean after who knows how long of wallowing in his own bodily filth. Probably...didn't help that he had no running water back at his shack.

He shut off the water and stepped out, rubbing his hand over his face as he grabbed the towel from the rack. He fluffed at his hair before wrapping it over his waist, securing it with a tug against the sharp definition of his pelvis. There'd be no real sense in getting dressed right now. He'd just get his clothes wet.

No, he'd let them dry. The jackass who brought him here has already seen him naked, so where was the point in covering all of himself? Basic decency (and his desire to practice it) had been thrown out the window when he himself was thrown in the shower.

He pushed the bathroom door open and made his way out, shivering slightly at the colder air. But he ignored it, making his way to the short table in the middle of the room, eyeing the amber filled glasses with an obvious, longing look.

He took a seat across from the other man, giving him an almost friendly look before smiling. "Well...guess I should introduce myself huh? Name's Nate..." he said, his smile crooked and a tad lop sided.

"What should I call you? Granted I'm fond of Jackass, but people tend not to appreciate it for long..."

((I'm assuming the table's like a coffee table? If it's not I'm sorry.))

Last edited by Hidden Cupcake; 09-06-2014 at 05:52 PM..