Queen_Andais
I move the stars for no one.

Penpal

Old 02-14-2008, 09:03 PM

Here I am...to save the day! *bursts in laughter* Had to use that line, heard it in a movie once, thought it was great.

Where about in the central valley? I live in Ventura, about twenty minutes or so south of Santa Barbara.

wonderfinch
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to wonderfinch

Old 02-14-2008, 09:10 PM

if anything crops up in need of saving, i'll consider it rescued :]

& i'm up in sacramento, actually. home of the governator, and all that jazz.

Queen_Andais

Penpal

Old 02-14-2008, 09:20 PM

I was just up that way on New Year's. I have a friend that lives in Winters. She's my bestest friend in the whole world, grew up next to each other until my dad got stationed down here. So now we visit each other, of course we take turns, like I was up there for New Year's and had a blast, so it's her turn to come down here and party hardy. Where about in Sac? My godparents live over by the American River off of (I think this is the street name) Rivera Drive or something like that, off of Watt ave.

wonderfinch
*^_^*

Old 02-14-2008, 09:32 PM

What does your dad do? (If you don't mind me asking, that is)

I'm actually in the other direction, up towards the Sacramento River on the north side of the city (in Natomas).

Queen_Andais

Penpal

Old 02-14-2008, 09:38 PM

My father is retired Air Force, but is a civil servant for the Navy. He was working at Marine Island Shipyard until it closed in '94 so the Navy picked him up down here at Point Mugu (pronounced Moogoo), kind of a weird name, but whatever.

I think I remember where Natomas is...all those towns up there tend to bleed together, but then again so do the ones down here *shrugs* This state just grows too fast.

I'm 24 by the way, how old are you? (If you don't mind me asking)

wonderfinch
*^_^*

Old 02-14-2008, 09:47 PM

That must have been interesting-- did you move around a lot when you were younger because of that?

And Natomas just an enormous suburb right near the airport; it's pretty hard to remember >.< And you're right, this state's growing way too fast. We could have our own darn country if we wanted to.

It's not a problem-- I'm seventeen (I'm actually supposed to be in school today, but I was feeling sick and stayed home instead).

Queen_Andais

Penpal

Old 02-14-2008, 09:57 PM

Luckily we didn't have to move around a whole lot. I might be a lot crazier if I did have to move around a bunch of times.

Is natomas off the 5 highway? Somewhat on the way to Woodland?

I used to do the same thing when I was in High school, there were just some days that I didn't want to go. Of course as a senior it got even worse and because I turned 18 in the middle of the year I could write my own notes and leave campus. Heh.

wonderfinch
*^_^*

Old 02-14-2008, 10:04 PM

That's good :3 I know a few kids whose parents are in the military; they hate having to move and such. My dad works for the city, so I've never really had to deal with that.

Yep, it is.

Ooh, nice. I don't turn eighteen 'till next December (after I graduate dX), but I can generally get my parents to let me stay home-- I can't miss too many classes, though, because my school is incredibly strict about attendance, and you won't graduate if you miss too much school.

Queen_Andais

Penpal

Old 02-14-2008, 10:09 PM

Even though I missed over twenty days in each of my classes, my grades were good, so I graduated. My parents were too happy with all the days that I had missed, but I got my diploma so they couldn't bitch about it too much.

I do miss the summer up in Nor Cal, especially living in Winters so close lake Berryessa. Get off work, grab your bathing suit, a towel and some drinks and head off to go swimming. Ahhh...the good ol' days.
8)

wonderfinch
*^_^*

Old 02-14-2008, 10:23 PM

Nice >.< We automatically lose credit for a class if we miss more than ten days, and the dean sticks to that-- the only people who can miss more school than that are the ones who have mono, or something.

That's what I love about living here-- the weather's pretty nice most of the year, and it's close to so many different things. Would you say you prefer living here to living in SoCal, or would it be the other way around?

Queen_Andais

Penpal

Old 02-14-2008, 10:30 PM

I much prefer living up there to down here. Not as hectic and people are more laid back.

Not to mention the guys up there are much nicer, a bit more respectful and don't expect you to be barbie thin, or augmented in someway. My boyfriend is actually from New York, never knew a guy could be so courteous and respectful. He opens the door, pays for things before I can grab my wallet and there are times where he has gotten a little peeved at me for beating him to paying the bill. The look on his face when I do that is great. :D

Takuto
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Takuto Send a message via MSN to Takuto

Old 02-14-2008, 10:34 PM

Very nice art! :D.

wonderfinch
*^_^*

Old 02-14-2008, 10:50 PM

@ queen_andais:
i've heard that from a number of people, actually.

he sounds really sweet-- are you guys doing anything for valentine's day? (and are you going to try to beat him to paying the check again :3 )

@ takuto:
thank you!

Queen_Andais

Penpal

Old 02-14-2008, 11:04 PM

We are going out to dinner to the Olive Garden, it sounds good. Craving pasta...yum! But no, I won't try to beat him to the check, he asked me out so he is going to pay. We were suppose to go see that Vince Vaughn movie but it isn't playing during the weekdays, just on the weekend. We've improvised and are going bowling instead after dinner.

wonderfinch
*^_^*

Old 02-14-2008, 11:21 PM

Ooh, that sounds lovely :3
And the bowling sounds fun, too!

Queen_Andais

Penpal

Old 02-14-2008, 11:24 PM

The bowling should be interesting, he's pretty good, but I still whoop his butt. Heh. Been bowling for 20 years now. At least he doesn't get angry when I beat him.

wonderfinch
*^_^*

Old 02-14-2008, 11:28 PM

OoO
That's a long time to be bowling, I've never met anyone who's done it from such a young age.
& he sounds like the type who'd be a good sport.

Queen_Andais

Penpal

Old 02-14-2008, 11:38 PM

He's better then I am at a lot of other sports, so it balances out. My whole family is into bowling, my grandmother bowled until she was 80. :)

It's something that takes athletic ability but it can be a mental game as well. I liked it because there aren't many good female bowlers so most of the time you are going against the guys. My father used to love watching me kick the boy's butts at tournaments. I liked that I got to travel all over the US and meet different people and make scholarship money as well.

Lilium`
*^_^*
Send a message via Yahoo to Lilium`

Old 02-14-2008, 11:41 PM

EEP!
SOO CUTE!

username: Lilium`
reference: { x }
notes: none.
payment: the event hairpin.
trade will be sent once you are done. :]<3

wonderfinch
*^_^*

Old 02-14-2008, 11:49 PM

@ queen_andais:
You guys sound like a bowling dynasty, or something.
It sounds like bowling did a lot for you, though :3 I have to say that it's one of the few sports I've never done, but that's because it's so difficult!

@ lilium:
thank you <3
and would you prefer that she be wearing the mask, or do you want it to be held in her hand or something?

Queen_Andais

Penpal

Old 02-14-2008, 11:53 PM

Not quite a dynasty, close though. I have friends all over because of it and the scholarship money helped me through school, which is always nice. It is difficult, but if it wasn't the game wouldn't be as much fun.

What are you asking for as commission for a drawing?

Lilium`
*^_^*

Old 02-14-2008, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderfinch
@ queen_andais:
You guys sound like a bowling dynasty, or something.
It sounds like bowling did a lot for you, though :3 I have to say that it's one of the few sports I've never done, but that's because it's so difficult!

@ lilium:
thank you <3
and would you prefer that she be wearing the mask, or do you want it to be held in her hand or something?

Would both be okay?
If not, jsut do the mask only part. :]

wonderfinch
*^_^*

Old 02-14-2008, 11:58 PM

Wow, I know people who've done things like that through basketball or soccer, but never through bowling. That's really neat! And that is true-- things are never as rewarding when they're simple.

I seem to have issues with the chocolates, so for the moment it's either the hairpin or the boa.

@ Lillium:
Both would be fine :3

Lilium`
*^_^*

Old 02-15-2008, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderfinch
Wow, I know people who've done things like that through basketball or soccer, but never through bowling. That's really neat! And that is true-- things are never as rewarding when they're simple.

I seem to have issues with the chocolates, so for the moment it's either the hairpin or the boa.

@ Lillium:
Both would be fine :3

Okay, thanks! :]
The both.

I have 17 hairpins.
XD

Queen_Andais

Penpal

Old 02-15-2008, 12:03 AM

I'll get you a boa if that's to your liking. I have the chocolates to spare and I will be here for most of the weekend too raking in the chocolates and the gold. There just a few more items that I want before they go to full price.