flamethrower1391
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via Yahoo to flamethrower1391

Old 12-13-2014, 07:04 AM

The area seemed to get more crowded. The two on the bank turned out to be an Ice elemental and her partner. Then there was the two hiding, and now this girl who spoke to the wolf. With a group of elementals around, the hunter couldn't have been far away. They actually knew how to do their job, after all. This worried Setsutarou. At any minute, there could be a full blown battle happening right before him. It didn't seem like all these people and critters were willing to help one another. Not after what he witnessed.

Knowing it probably was not the best idea, Setsu stood up and walked toward the main group. He knew they would be wary of him. If they didn't notice him before, he'd appear as if he came out of no where. You don't trust people who come out of no where. While he advanced, he kept his hand on the hilt of his katana. He hadn't planned on using it unless one of the others attacked.

He looked towards the girl, Lydia. She seemed to be the one who wouldn't try to kill him at first glance or run away. "I have shelter if you seek it. I know it is not safe for your kind." He hesitated as he glanced at the others before continuing. "I was really hoping you could be of some help to me. As I can tell, you elementals don't get along very well, but I will ask anyways. My sister has been paired up with a dark elemental from the rumors I hear. Having any of you seen or heard from her?"

Kilia
(^(エ)^)

Old 12-13-2014, 09:46 PM

Gaia didn't flinch or move very much when she was threatened by the wolf. No on the contrary, she observed him, finally coming to the conclusion that he was not a threat to her as she straitened up, letting the vines going back into the ground as if they were never there after Malik made it through them. After a while, she looked between them all, taking a deep breathe to calm her self, adjusting the towel that was around her waist. Standing tall when Malik a dressed her, of course her normal serene features turned into one of anger at his words. She took in everything that was being said and done around her, she was hyper aware of those lurking around the area also. "Excuse you! I do not need anyone here to protect me for I have lived for thousands of years. Which is probably far longer then you!! You impertinent mongrel!!" she snapped at the male before she turned on her heel. She seemed to turn into a tree where she stood at, which was more to distract them from the fox that slipped away unnoticed as she fled before anyone could stop her or talk to her even more. Not leaving a trace that she had ever been there.

Last edited by Kilia; 12-13-2014 at 10:15 PM..

blueblackrose
Take my darkest fears and play t...

Penpal
Send a message via MSN to blueblackrose

Old 12-14-2014, 05:13 AM

Even though they were only training things had grown intense between the male and female as they continued to face off against each other. The sound of their weapons clashing rang loudly through the trees. They each smirked at the other before separating. For a moment it appeared that Roshan was retreating, but all she was doing was putting space between them to give her time to sheath her sword. Her opponent followed her movements, not allowing her to gain much space. She dodged a fireball that he sent her way to keep her from pulling out another weapon. It was a good move on Cináed’s part, but it didn’t stop her from pulling out her whip.

The faint sounds of crunching twigs caught the woman’s attention allowing her partner to close what distance she had gained. With her distracted Cináed knocked her into a tree, forcing the air from her lungs. Gasping for air she glared at him, her azure eyes flickering with anger. This didn’t stop the attacks from her partner, he continued until he had her pinned against the tree. Of course Roshan wasn’t about to let the fire elemental think that he had won. No, far from it. This was only beginning. Even pinned she showed litter fear as her form shifted before Cináed’s eyes. The woman had become a bird and flew from him. Flying away she headed in the direction of where the sounds had come from earlier.

Cináed watched the woman fly off. What was she thinking using such a trick? Sure he had planned to force her to surrender before ending their training, but that was mostly because she had gotten such a good shot in earlier. His leg was still bleeding lightly from where the blade had sliced him. Growling he sheathed his scimitar as he moved in the direction his lovely partner had disappeared in.

Roshan let her form shift again in midair before landing gracefully on an upper branch of a Sakura tree. Grinning she looked down at the woman below who had be spying on them. She was right they weren’t alone and this person seemed to be like her friend, an elemental. “You know, it isn’t nice to spy on others.” Her head tilted to the side as she watched Anubina. “After all it could land you in danger yourself.” The look in her eyes was dead serious. It annoyed her that this woman was watching them. It also annoyed her that she had managed to interrupt them. The only good thing is that she was another elemental, hopefully not one that sought to fight, instead of the hunters, Rufio and Alister, who had been tracking them for the past two months.

As the woman swung down from the branch, landing in front of Anubina, the fire elemental came into view. “I was really hoping my senses were playing tricks on me,” he grumbled slightly. He knew exactly who this stranger was. She was one of the last water elementals. Cináed wrinkled his nose slightly and moved to stand beside Roshan. “She is correct though. It is rude to spy on others.” For the first time in a long time the man stood slightly in front of his partner as if he was protecting her from something or someone. In this case the water elemental. It isn’t because he had something against Anubina, but because he had problems with water elementals in general due to a bad encounter when he was very young.

CrimsonShadow
Glitter addict...beware

Penpal

Old 12-15-2014, 05:47 PM

With great interest Katarina watch the wolf shift into his human form, which was quite striking. The scar’s alone were eye worthy as it showed just how strong he was. She growled at him as he spoke. Of course she was going to protect. It was her job.

Her icy face turned to look around at everyone converging. There really were too many elementals in one place. She hadn’t seen this many in centuries. A group was harder to conceal, easier to track. But maybe it was time to have safety in numbers. When they were alone it was easier for the hunters to pick them off. But in a group? If they could get along they would be unstoppable.

Katarina barely listened to Malik, she only made sure to keep an eye on him in case he did attack Earth. But another voice pulled her out of her thoughts. A woman stepped out, obviously Malik’s partner by her looks alone and also how she talked to him. Out of the corner of her eye she saw Earth turn into a tree and disappear.

The second Lydia called him a fool she tensed. Malik’s body went cold and she didn’t like the look on his face. Neither did Caden and he took a step forward, towards the woman. He was a protector and always would be. Kat might be his priority but he knew she could take care of herself. It was what made them such good friends. They trusted one another completely.

Hearing her thanks Ice bowed her head before turning to stare at the new voice. Caden took a few steps towards her. “No thanks are necessary. It’s our duty to protect others.” His two colored eyes locked on Malik’s before turning back to the woman’s. Raising his sword he slid it back in his sheath before sticking his grey hand out to her. “I am Caden, partner to Ice.” His looks gave his away as not being human, but since his pointed ears were hidden under his hair, and he had features of both light and dark, it was hard to peg him as an Elf.

Meanwhile as Caden introduced himself Katarina was studying the man before her. He seemed like a hunter and she didn’t like hunters. But his words made her pause. “We don’t keep the company of Dark elementals. I find them...distasteful. If your sister is partnered with one I am sorry. I hope she fares better than most of their partners.”

flamethrower1391
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-16-2014, 06:47 AM

Setsutarou's eyes widened after the Ice woman spoke. Their other partners didn't fare well? What could she mean, and what could possibly happen to his sister. Thoughts ran through his mind that he had forgotten about the Earth girl who had disappeared just seconds ago. He looked toward the woman and smiled. "Eventually you will cross paths. In the meantime, I'd like to help in your cause. I, myself, hate that monster they call a king." He looked towards the wolf man and his partner as well.

He didn't expect them to trust him. Why should they? He was a stranger to them, maybe even a hunter. The clothes on his back sure pointed that way. It was just a risk they were going to have to take if they were to take it.

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 12-16-2014, 11:05 PM

Mitsukai stayed where he was, his eyes on the events as they unfolded before them. The wolf who seemed to be of ill will continued to be the center, before one of the others was taking off. Events were unfolding before him, but it seemed for the moment, that few had actually noticed the massive tiger. That was fine with him, he was not one for the spotlight or such, though it did at times seem to be drawn to him. He looked up at Hikaru, who frowned as he watched the scene before them. He glanced down at Mitsukai for a moment, his eyes seeming to ask if it was a bad idea to be here.

Mitsukai tilted his muzzle up, nuzzling his maw into the hand of his partner. It almost seemed like he was smiling for a moment, which made Hikaru smile as well. He took a breath, his body seeming to relax a bit with the other by his side. Mitsukai was glad that his presence and such little things could comfort the other. It meant their bond was strong, that they were comfortable already with one another, and that they were strong together. He took a breath, before lifting himself from the ground to stand once more. He supposed it was both good and bad for them all to be here together, they should decide what to do.

Shikabane Hime
So...tired....just...let me....d...

Old 12-17-2014, 01:04 AM

SPOILERX

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueblackrose View Post
Even though they were only training things had grown intense between the male and female as they continued to face off against each other. The sound of their weapons clashing rang loudly through the trees. They each smirked at the other before separating. For a moment it appeared that Roshan was retreating, but all she was doing was putting space between them to give her time to sheath her sword. Her opponent followed her movements, not allowing her to gain much space. She dodged a fireball that he sent her way to keep her from pulling out another weapon. It was a good move on Cináed’s part, but it didn’t stop her from pulling out her whip.

The faint sounds of crunching twigs caught the woman’s attention allowing her partner to close what distance she had gained. With her distracted Cináed knocked her into a tree, forcing the air from her lungs. Gasping for air she glared at him, her azure eyes flickering with anger. This didn’t stop the attacks from her partner, he continued until he had her pinned against the tree. Of course Roshan wasn’t about to let the fire elemental think that he had won. No, far from it. This was only beginning. Even pinned she showed litter fear as her form shifted before Cináed’s eyes. The woman had become a bird and flew from him. Flying away she headed in the direction of where the sounds had come from earlier.

Cináed watched the woman fly off. What was she thinking using such a trick? Sure he had planned to force her to surrender before ending their training, but that was mostly because she had gotten such a good shot in earlier. His leg was still bleeding lightly from where the blade had sliced him. Growling he sheathed his scimitar as he moved in the direction his lovely partner had disappeared in.

Roshan let her form shift again in midair before landing gracefully on an upper branch of a Sakura tree. Grinning she looked down at the woman below who had be spying on them. She was right they weren’t alone and this person seemed to be like her friend, an elemental. “You know, it isn’t nice to spy on others.” Her head tilted to the side as she watched Anubina. “After all it could land you in danger yourself.” The look in her eyes was dead serious. It annoyed her that this woman was watching them. It also annoyed her that she had managed to interrupt them. The only good thing is that she was another elemental, hopefully not one that sought to fight, instead of the hunters, Rufio and Alister, who had been tracking them for the past two months.

As the woman swung down from the branch, landing in front of Anubina, the fire elemental came into view. “I was really hoping my senses were playing tricks on me,” he grumbled slightly. He knew exactly who this stranger was. She was one of the last water elementals. Cináed wrinkled his nose slightly and moved to stand beside Roshan. “She is correct though. It is rude to spy on others.” For the first time in a long time the man stood slightly in front of his partner as if he was protecting her from something or someone. In this case the water elemental. It isn’t because he had something against Anubina, but because he had problems with water elementals in general due to a bad encounter when he was very young.

~*Anubina*~

Anubina continued watching the man and woman fight, she only wanted to watch them out of curiosity since she didn't really have anything to do that morning. The young looking water elemental made sure not to make too much noise so she would disturb them, that would have been very rude. However, more curiosity rolled through her mind as she watched the young woman turn into a bird and off.

'I wonder why she left, I thought she was winning.' Anubina thought to herself, her head tilting a bit more. She wanted to step out from behind the tree until she heard a voice. A woman's voice. Anubina's eyes widen slightly, she turned around and looked around but she didn't see anything. It wasn't until she looked up towards in the tree closest to her, that she saw it was the woman who was fighting. Anubina slowly started to back away, she had been found. 'I did not think that through.' She thought, her shoes tapping against the ground.

Before Anubina could speak, she felt the presence of the man coming close, she was right, he was an elemental and now that he was closer, she could sense that he was the fire one. She looked towards the ground, clearing her throat a bit as her dark blue bangs covered her eyes. Anubina spoke up, her voice as very soft, hinting at a shy nature which wasn't a lie. "Curiosity got the better of me, m-my apologies." She stated before bowing her head and kept it low. "I-I shall take my leave, again, I am sorry for disturbing you." She said rather quickly, she turned on her heel and walked away quickly and awkwardly. She felt overwhelmed, even though it was only two people.

~*Abraham*~
Within the village of Mystika, there was a young man who stood by a table which was covered with items that belonged to him. He looked at the clips he had for his guns and the chains he kept as well. He grinned to himself, making sure they worked perfectly and were clean. He didn't want to screw up on his bounty...once he figured out what he was doing fully.

A faint sigh escaped his lips, brushing his silver black tipped bangs back from his face. He was in deep thought, trying to make sure he had everything. He was almost always making sure he had everything, it was how he acted and how his family taught him. You could really tell him not to do this, otherwise you would most likely be ignored.

The man's name was Abraham, Abraham Von Moon. He was part of a clan of mercenaries believed to have vanished completely; the Von Moons. However, this wasn't the case, they were still around, just not in vast numbers like they were before. Due to the war, many of the Von Moons were killed in it, including Abraham's mother and father. The only thing he has to help him remember them is the locket with their picture in it. A faint sigh escaped his lips, pinching the bridge of his nose as he sat down in a chair, "I am getting too old for this." He said to himself leaning back into the chair, placing his feet onto he table. He closed his eyes, he was thinking of the past. Thinking about the times he was just a kid and how he used to play with children nearby and the family he was with.

Unknowingly, his hand rose up and started to fiddle with his locket. He always did that when he was daydreaming, it was somewhat of a sign that he was either bored, tired or he was just thinking too much...again. "I need a drink~ a good one." He sung to himself, of course, he wasn't serious. It was still morning and he had only woken up an hour ago so it would be weird drinking in the morning.

Esmme
See you later, Cole. "How do you...

Old 12-17-2014, 01:43 AM

Lydia glanced to Setsutarou, her brown eyes full of thought. "I haven't heard of any darklings ... that is, Dark elementals recently." From her thoughts, it was ... well, a long time since she'd heard of one. In fact, Lydia had never seen another elemental. This was all overwhelming, though one couldn't see it from the look on her face. She was good at keeping her expression under control. "I would accept your offer of shelter if I needed it. Thank you."

The woman slowly lowered her hand, knowing that keeping it extended toward Malik would only anger him further. Lydia's quiet breath was the only alert that she was surprised - Gaia shifted forms seemingly into a tree. Lydia stepped closer to it, wondering if there were any unnatural qualities about the greenery. She loved learning about elementals. This was her chance to do it without being limited to dusty pages of old tomes and scrolls. Her hand lifted to inspect a few leaves carefully.

Malik, on the other hand, looked ready to either strike or laugh. It was incredibly difficult to tell which. His bronze eyes lingered on the tree, then he slowly grinned. The expression was dark, much darker than a human's mischievous smirk. "Mongrel." The Metal elemental repeated the word slowly, another ripple of silver chasing over his skin. "Surviving doesn't mean anything. It means trouble has avoided you, youngling." Honestly, Malik could sense that Gaia was older than him - he didn't admit it, but he knew.

The Metal elemental hardly restrained his desire to attack ... something. His bronze eyes closed as he trembled with the urge to strike out (namely at Lydia), and seemed to struggle with standing still.

Lydia's attention lingered on Malik for a few moments before she looked to Caden. The man was ... well, not human. Curiosity immediately tugged at her senses, but Lydia held her tongue. She accepted his offered hand lightly, appreciating how he'd stepped forward at the perceived threat from Malik. "Caden. Pleasure to meet you," she bowed her head, and offered a customary greeting - she gently reached up to rub her thumb over Caden's collarbone. "My name is Lydia Harper, partner to M-"

"Malik." The Metal elemental suddenly stood near Lydia, his gaze sizing Caden up. It didn't take long - he swiftly turned his gaze to his partner. "Not whatever she calls me."

"Mal is not known for his pleasantries."
Lydia smiled grimly, then withdrew her hands and glanced to the tree Gaia had left behind. "Nor his entrances." Her attention wandered slightly as Setsutarou mentioned the king, and she frowned slightly. She was cousin to the king and his twin. They'd been close growing up, and only recently had they been too busy for one another's company. Still ... all these supposed allies were springing up. That was ... very unexpected. Lydia felt a thrill chase through her. There were others. Others who could discuss the relationship between elemental and partner, and possibly give her more than Malik revealed.

Lydia smiled sightly, then brushed Caden's arm with her fingertips. It was a customary court "farewell" in the circles she'd learned from. She stepped closer to Setsu, offering a slight curtsy of greeting. "I daresay we all stand for the same cause. We wouldn't be seeking or bonding with elementals if we weren't." Her gaze took in Caden, Katarina, and Setsu slowly. "None of us support the king's decision to destroy the elementals, then?"

Malik snorted rudely, his attention wandering away from the conversation. He wasn't interested in peace. Bronze gaze shifted over their surroundings, and he fought to keep himself from causing turmoil. It was what he was bred to do: to fight, to create battle. Not here. Lydia would pull some foolish attempt at self-sacrifice if Malik acted up now. Mentally rolling his eyes, the Metal elemental let his gaze wander.

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 12-17-2014, 02:17 PM

Kuro

For the moment, Kuro was keeping his distance. He was making sure preparations were in order and ready to go for their move. It was something he typically did, take care of all of the little details to make sure things went perfectly, so Abraham did not have to worry about them. Speaking of which, he should be heading back to find the other. Two years his minor, he could never leave the younger man alone for long. He sighed a bit, running a hand up to smooth back his hair a bit, before adjusting his glasses. He should be up by now, or at least he hoped so.

Kuro had been awake since nearly dawn, but he was normally an early riser. His partner on the other hand was like a log. Once he was out, unless he chose to wake up, it was pointless to try. A light chuckle escaped his lips, oddly enough, he had grown fond of the other. A poisonous trap within their business, but he had come to peace with such things awhile back. Now, he used his life to protect the other, and help him in his cause. Whether it be simply for money, as usual, or for something more. It was the reason he was in this mess to begin with.

He turned away from his current position, heading back down the street. A light chill in the air for the moment, but he hardly noticed it. He was currently dressed in all black, which might add to his already large and imposing figure. Black pants, with black boots and a black shirt that had the sleeves rolled up to the elbows. His usual black gloves upon his hands, though he had left the blades that went with them back at where they were staying. Even his glasses had a black frame to them. His naturally black hair and silver eyes working with such a look.

It was not as if he was trying to appear like some dark and brooding type. Though he could have a darker personality when desired, he was not a man of moping or the like. If anything, he was in quite a pleasant mood this morning. He merely seemed to gravitate towards darker colors. Lighter ones, especially white, were not his style. Pausing for a moment outside the door to the establishment where he and the other were staying.

A slight frown appeared on his features for a moment, before he opened the door. A few people glanced in his direction, but he ignored it. His mind on something else, as he made his way to the stairs. He went up to their room, in time to hear the words of needing a drink flutter through the wood of the door. He chuckled lightly. So, the other was indeed awake. He lifted a hand to the knob, turning it before he entered the room.

He saw the other standing there, looking over various items. Closing the door behind him, he moved to the window for a moment to glance out it. “Everything is in order, we can go at any time..” his eyes moving back to the other, he thought of making a comment for a moment, teasing the other on his needing a drink. It was on the tip of his tongue, but he held it back for now. Turning his frame fully to the other, he looked at him for a moment longer. A few inches taller than him, he did not have to look down much to do so.

Kuro’s height one of the reasons he stood out a bit in a crowd. Perhaps that was another reason he preferred darker clothes, easier to blend in with. Either way, it did not matter. “Did you sleep well?” he asked instead, swallowing the teasing thought within his mind. They were preparing to embark on something more serious, so such pleasantries might be out of place. Perhaps he was merely over thinking things as usual, he was told he was too serious at times. A man of the mind, it usually did rule in the end a lot. Crossing the room in fluent easy strides, he was soon standing nearly in front of the other.

He had already noted the locket, which could only mean his past had been on his mind. He lifted a hand, placing it on top of the other’s head as a man might do a child. It was half out of affection, and partially to make up for holding his tongue with the teasing just now. Ruffling the other’s hair a bit, he gave a slight smile, “we should head out soon…” he passed him, making his way to a dresser like stand, where a pot of tea and two cups waited, along with all the things one might like to add.

CrimsonShadow
Glitter addict...beware

Penpal

Old 12-18-2014, 04:29 AM

((Tis short...sorry!!))

The second Lydia took his hand he gave her a small bow of the head. It was the greeting of his people. As was her thumb rubbing over his collarbone. Being the more polite out of the duo, Caden learned proper greetings and goodbyes in a lot of different cultures. As Malik introduced himself over Lydia his duo colored eyes glanced at him.

Metal certainly was a cranky one. Smiling at Lydia’s quip he lowered his hand when she let go. Half of his attention was on the hunter Katarina was speaking to. A hunter that didn’t like the king? Interesting.

Amused Caden watched Lydia out of the corner of his eye. She was different. A strength lingered under all the niceness.

A heavy sigh escaped Katarina’s lips as she placed her bow across her back. The ice arrow in her hand morphed into a snake and slithered up her arm to wrap around her neck. She was starting to get hot under the sun.

Her gaze turned to study Lydia. Something about the girl stirred her mothering instinct. Icy eyes locked on Malik. What an odd pair.

“I think it’s easy for us all to say we are against the King’s plans. But is it wise to work together?" It had been a very long time since she had paired up with anyone except Caden. She had never paired with a hunter before.

blueblackrose

Penpal

Old 12-18-2014, 04:54 AM

Feeling Cináed’s tension Roshan placed her hand gently on his shoulder. Looking the woman over she couldn’t help, but to chuckle as Anubina bowed her head apologizing. “So there are elementals like that too? Now why couldn’t my partner have been more like her instead of the stubborn hard headed temperamental hot headed grumpy lion?” She wore a Cheshire cat like grin as her partner whirled around to glare at her.

Cináed growled as he whirled around to meet the woman’s eyes with a deadly glare. “Because only an elemental like me could handle having a partner like you. You stubborn hard headed temperamental willful woman.” The two exchanged a few more insults, which was common for them before he finally had enough. The fact that Roshan showed interest in stopping the woman he growled at her. “Fine, go do what you want, but if you aren’t back soon I will come hunting you.”

The male had managed to rile her and she needed some space. Otherwise they would end up fighting for real…well more for real than they had been. Such was their relationship as partners. They both loved and hated each other. “I will! Don’t bother Cin. I can take care of myself.” Her words were filled with anger, but it did make her a little happy to know he cared enough to come looking for her. She disappeared from the man’s sight going after Anubina.

Spotting the woman ahead she picked up her pace. “Hey stop. I didn’t mean to scare you back there. Can we talk?” Really she wasn’t sure what she was doing. Normally she stayed away from others, but this was the first time she had met another elemental. Cináed had told her there were others out there.

Cináed found himself pacing slightly now that he was alone. He felt uneasy letting his dear partner have her way, but it would have been more trouble trying to stop her. With a sigh he ran his hand through his hair. “Be safe Roshan.” His eyes watched the direction that both women had left in. Roughly fifteen minutes or so passed before he headed that way himself. In his mind it was much too risky for them to stay separated for too long.

Rufio Bliss

The tall dark haired man stared at the early morning sky. It had been nearly a week since his partner, Alister, left him to return home to take care of some urgent business. He supposed such was the life of a royal. Of course he was one of the few that knew Alister was one of the royal family and not just merely his partner. Reflecting a bit it seemed kind of funny. It was actually his first encounter with the man that got him to even consider being an elemental hunter for The King. Those were fun times back then and things were still pretty interesting and fun. Shaking his head he pushed those thoughts away. Now wasn’t the time to think of all of that, he needed to focus since just before his partner left they had lost the track of the elemental pair they had been tracking.

With a grumble Rufio moved to the stream to wash up a bit before having breakfast. The cool water was refreshing as he splashed some on his face after removing his eye patch revealing his dual colored eyes. Once finished he shuffled through his pack to find a small loaf of bread, there wasn’t much left of it, but it would do for now since all that was left other some dried meat. Hunting for food would have to be one of his priorities today. As he sat under a tree eating he watched the forest around him, listening. For the most part everything seemed fine. There were no strange noises or odd silence. Satisfied that he was truly alone he let himself relax a bit. After all he was sure that it was going to be a long day.

Once finished with his meal he sled his eye patch back into place, covering his red eye. Yes, today would be a good day for the Azure Ghost go hunting for both Elementals and for food. He gathered his belongings and set out to get the tasks at hand complete.

Last edited by blueblackrose; 12-28-2014 at 02:31 AM..

flamethrower1391
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-18-2014, 06:42 PM

Setsutarou hastily turned to look down the lake towards a stream that cut of from it. Something didn't feel right. Any well-trained hunter would have been able to follow their tracks for miles. One of these pairs could have unknowingly lead the others to their deaths. He glanced over at the woman with the snake around her neck. It seemed to be made of ice, and the sun was beating down on them. "It would be wise for us to get moving. As I said before, I have shelter, but it's pretty small."

He drew his katana and walked in the direction of his cabin before stopping at the bush where the two were hiding. "[COLOR="rgb(139, 0, 0)"]You two should come along as well. A bush is no place to hide.[/COLOR]" He continued on, hoping the others weren't stubborn enough to stay. His biggest problem would be that wolf. Hiding all of them would be his biggest problem. The hunters would be able to track them. They were going to have to create some confusing to buy them some time.

Esmme

Old 12-20-2014, 04:45 AM

Malik had been staring at Hikaru and Mitsukai for many moments by the time they were included in the general feel of things. They weren't really hiding. He ignored the hunter that had appeared - apparently Setsutarou wasn't enough to worry the Metal elemental. Malik must have thought very little of hunters. He'd encountered them before, and was still standing.

Malik's bronze gaze lingered on the tiger and his seemingly human companion. Another pair. Another. That was three pairs, a stray hunter, and another elemental all in one area. It really was foolish for them to all be gathered so closely. Malik, however, didn't look bothered. Instead, he looked ready for the fight - he hoped there would be one.

The elemental raised an eyebrow at the pair who lingered on the sidelines, watching the lightling and his bond.

Lydia glanced at Katarina, her smile slight. "It may be dangerous to be together, but is it wise to turn away potential allies?" She slowly let her smile grow wider, her expression more comforting. "We can discuss it together to see if we're a good fit. If there is to be an alliance, it should only be made on certain, clear terms."

She looked to Setsutarou and offered a smile. "Shelter would be a good place to speak." Lydia's brown eyes flickered to Malik as she spoke, but the elemental didn't respond. He either wasn't thinking of their current events, or he didn't care. Lydia was personally worried that this hunter was leading them into a trap. She hadn't missed the worried expression on Setsu's face.

The woman followed Setsu, wishing Malik would just follow without being summoned. But ... he still acted as a free soul when he could.

Malik heard Setsu and Lydia moving. He didn't look at them, but merely kept his gaze on the pair he'd been observing. Blinking slowly, he growled under his breath. Those two felt different. As the Metal elemental shifted forms, metal rippling like fluid over his skin to remain as bristled fur, Malik snarled at the Light pairing. With a threatening huff of a growl, the gray wolf turned to follow his bonded partner.

He slowly moved along, keeping himself away from Lydia - and as he passed Caden he was sure to snap at him. Barely missed the boy's thigh. It would have taken a lovely piece out of it, too.

Malik steadily moved along, the dread wolf keeping a good distance between himself and everyone else. His focus, however, remained on Setsu. The hunter was an enemy ... and it was the sheer luck of having so many people there that Malik didn't attack him. That was made clear in the threatening way he watched the man, in how the Metal elemental gazed at Setsu as a predator. It didn't matter to Malik how many elementals the hunter had killed - he was just a man. If this were a trap, he'd have hell to pay ... and Malik would enjoy dealing it to him.

flamethrower1391
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-20-2014, 06:49 AM

Akira stopped in her tracks. Before her stood a small cabin with curtains drawn on every window. She approached the front door and opened it. Slowly and silently, she entered the premises. It seemed that someone was using it. The table was free of dust, and there was fresh fruits and breads upon it. Whoever lived here, it seemed they weren't home. No one came running when Akira dropped an wooden plate on the floor. With that discovered, she stuffed all the food she could find in her bag before searching for anything else useful.

At the bottom of the staircase, she stepped on something that seemed off. She pulled back the rug to reveal a trap door. It may be a while before they found a cave. This hidden room would have to do until night. "I do believe this will suit us fine. We can sneak out when our host is asleep." She opened the door and made her way down the ladder.

CrimsonShadow
Glitter addict...beware

Penpal

Old 12-26-2014, 01:27 AM

A sigh escaped Katarina’s lips as she nodded. Lydia had a good point and it wouldn’t hurt to get out of this heat.

Pale eyes scanned over the other pair. Light elemental if she wasn’t mistaken. Cocking her head to the side she studied them for a moment. She hadn’t run into a light elemental in a while.

Her attention was quickly turned to Malik when he snapped at Caden’s leg. A cat-like snarl came from deep within her chest. She knew he did it on purpose and wasn’t going to actually bite him, but her reaction was always vicious when Caden’s safety was threatened.

Caden, hearing Kat’s snarl, turned to look at her. He gave her a smile to calm her down. Then he turned his attention to Lydia was the group moved to follow the hunter. “How long have you been paired with Malik?” He was curious about her. Honestly he wanted to know how she could be pair with the metal grump behind them.

Cracking her neck on each side, Katarina took a running leap into the air. Midair her body morphed into a larger than normal snow leopard, ice spikes erupting from her fur at the base of her neck and trailing all the way to the tip of her tail. She landed next to Malik and walked beside his wolf form.

What would he do?

Shikabane Hime
So...tired....just...let me....d...

Old 12-28-2014, 01:15 AM

SPOILERX

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueblackrose View Post
Feeling Cináed’s tension Roshan placed her hand gently on his shoulder. Looking the woman over she couldn’t help, but to chuckle as Anubina bowed her head apologizing. “So there are elementals like that too? Now why couldn’t my partner have been more like her instead of the stubborn hard headed temperamental hot headed grumpy lion?” She wore a Cheshire cat like grin as her partner whirled around to glare at her.

Cináed growled as he whirled around to meet the woman’s eyes with a deadly glare. “Because only an elemental like me could handle having a partner like you. You stubborn hard headed temperamental willful woman.” The two exchanged a few more insults, which was common for them before he finally had enough. The fact that Roshan showed interest in stopping the woman he growled at her. “Fine, go do what you want, but if you aren’t back soon I will come hunting you.”

The male had managed to rile her and she needed some space. Otherwise they would end up fighting for real…well more for real than they had been. Such was their relationship as partners. They both loved and hated each other. “I will! Don’t bother Cin. I can take care of myself.” Her words were filled with anger, but it did make her a little happy to know he cared enough to come looking for her. She disappeared from the man’s sight going after Anubina.

Spotting the woman ahead she picked up her pace. “Hey stop. I didn’t mean to scare you back there. Can we talk?” Really she wasn’t sure was she was doing. Normally she stayed away from others, but this was the first time she had met another elemental. Cináed had told her there were others out there.

Cináed found himself pacing slightly now that he was alone. He felt uneasy letting his dear partner have her way, but it would have been more trouble trying to stop her. With a sigh he ran his hand through his hair. “Be safe Roshan.” His eyes watched the direction that both women had left in. Roughly fifteen minutes or so passed before he headed that way himself. In his mind it was much too risky for them to stay separated for too long.

Rufio Bliss

The tall dark haired man stared at the early morning sky. It had been nearly a week since his partner, Alister, left him to return home to take care of some urgent business. He supposed such was the life of a royal. Of course he was one of the few that knew Alister was one of the royal family and not just merely his partner. Reflecting a bit it seemed kind of funny. It was actually his first encounter with the man that got him to even consider being an elemental hunter for The King. Those were fun times back then and things were still pretty interesting and fun. Shaking his head he pushed those thoughts away. Now wasn’t the time to think of all of that, he needed to focus since just before his partner left they had lost the track of the elemental pair they had been tracking.

With a grumble Rufio moved to the stream to wash up a bit before having breakfast. The cool water was refreshing as he splashed some on his face after removing his eye patch revealing his dual colored eyes. Once finished he shuffled through his pack to find a small loaf of bread, there wasn’t much left of it, but it would do for now since all that was left other some dried meat. Hunting for food would have to be one of his priorities today. As he sat under a tree eating he watched the forest around him, listening. For the most part everything seemed fine. There were no strange noises or odd silence. Satisfied that he was truly alone he let himself relax a bit. After all he was sure that it was going to be a long day.

Once finished with his meal he sled his eye patch back into place, covering his red eye. Yes, today would be a good day for the Azure Ghost go hunting for both Elementals and for food. He gathered his belongings and set out to get the tasks at hand complete.

SPOILERX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiyoto View Post
Kuro

For the moment, Kuro was keeping his distance. He was making sure preparations were in order and ready to go for their move. It was something he typically did, take care of all of the little details to make sure things went perfectly, so Abraham did not have to worry about them. Speaking of which, he should be heading back to find the other. Two years his minor, he could never leave the younger man alone for long. He sighed a bit, running a hand up to smooth back his hair a bit, before adjusting his glasses. He should be up by now, or at least he hoped so.

Kuro had been awake since nearly dawn, but he was normally an early riser. His partner on the other hand was like a log. Once he was out, unless he chose to wake up, it was pointless to try. A light chuckle escaped his lips, oddly enough, he had grown fond of the other. A poisonous trap within their business, but he had come to peace with such things awhile back. Now, he used his life to protect the other, and help him in his cause. Whether it be simply for money, as usual, or for something more. It was the reason he was in this mess to begin with.

He turned away from his current position, heading back down the street. A light chill in the air for the moment, but he hardly noticed it. He was currently dressed in all black, which might add to his already large and imposing figure. Black pants, with black boots and a black shirt that had the sleeves rolled up to the elbows. His usual black gloves upon his hands, though he had left the blades that went with them back at where they were staying. Even his glasses had a black frame to them. His naturally black hair and silver eyes working with such a look.

It was not as if he was trying to appear like some dark and brooding type. Though he could have a darker personality when desired, he was not a man of moping or the like. If anything, he was in quite a pleasant mood this morning. He merely seemed to gravitate towards darker colors. Lighter ones, especially white, were not his style. Pausing for a moment outside the door to the establishment where he and the other were staying.

A slight frown appeared on his features for a moment, before he opened the door. A few people glanced in his direction, but he ignored it. His mind on something else, as he made his way to the stairs. He went up to their room, in time to hear the words of needing a drink flutter through the wood of the door. He chuckled lightly. So, the other was indeed awake. He lifted a hand to the knob, turning it before he entered the room.

He saw the other standing there, looking over various items. Closing the door behind him, he moved to the window for a moment to glance out it. “Everything is in order, we can go at any time..” his eyes moving back to the other, he thought of making a comment for a moment, teasing the other on his needing a drink. It was on the tip of his tongue, but he held it back for now. Turning his frame fully to the other, he looked at him for a moment longer. A few inches taller than him, he did not have to look down much to do so.

Kuro’s height one of the reasons he stood out a bit in a crowd. Perhaps that was another reason he preferred darker clothes, easier to blend in with. Either way, it did not matter. “Did you sleep well?” he asked instead, swallowing the teasing thought within his mind. They were preparing to embark on something more serious, so such pleasantries might be out of place. Perhaps he was merely over thinking things as usual, he was told he was too serious at times. A man of the mind, it usually did rule in the end a lot. Crossing the room in fluent easy strides, he was soon standing nearly in front of the other.

He had already noted the locket, which could only mean his past had been on his mind. He lifted a hand, placing it on top of the other’s head as a man might do a child. It was half out of affection, and partially to make up for holding his tongue with the teasing just now. Ruffling the other’s hair a bit, he gave a slight smile, “we should head out soon…” he passed him, making his way to a dresser like stand, where a pot of tea and two cups waited, along with all the things one might like to add.

~*Anubina*~
Anubina continued walking away, her shoes tapping into the ground with each step she took. A faint sigh had escaped her lips. She had gotten away from the Fire Elemental and his partner. She wanted to stay, but due to her shy nature around people, that wasn't going to happen. She had been in hiding for so long, trying to talk to humans or elementals again could just be thrown out of the window. Anubina continued walking until she stopped in her tracks. She looked up and around, hearing something com closer to her. She had lived with the sea creatures for a long time, she was a little more in tuned with her surroundings than most beings.

The water elemental turned around completely and seen the young female from before. She gasped softly, a bit surprised to see what she was following her, not to hurt her but to talk. A smile faintly appeared on her face. Anubina lowered her guard just a bit, not too sure on whether or not to trust the young woman or not. Her sapphire eyes shifted about, looking out for the Fire Elemental as she fixed her clothes from the constant walking. "I-It's ok, I'm just not used to seeing other beings just yet. H-However, if I may ask, what is it that you wish?" She asked tilting her head a bit. She was curious to why the young woman wanted to speak with her, so it couldn't hurt to ask.

~*Abraham*~

While he was making sure his things were in shape, Abraham had almost blocked out the sound of footsteps outside of the door and behind him. He shook his head a bit as he stood up from the chair and looked around for a moment. It was Kuro, he was talking. A chuckle escaped his lips as he responded with a nod. It was time to go, well for Abraham, he had to get his stuff together, then he could go. Once it was fixed and cleaned, he started the process on putting things back together. It was too hard to do since he was used to this, not too tedious to do.

The young man looked down towards his locket again and held onto it. Before Abraham could say anything, he felt a hand on his head, he looked over and seen it was the slightly older man, Kuro. A faint chuckle escaped is lips as he closed one eye, "Someone is being affectionate." He teased with a growing smile on his face. He then fixed his hair the way he liked it and looked back towards his things, now back where they needed to be. "Yeah we should, I think I am ready now." He said with a chuckle, then fixed his clothes to the best of this ability.

Esmme

Old 12-29-2014, 02:26 AM

Lydia followed the hunter, her gaze lingering on Katarina for a while before moving back to the two Light bonded. They were ... interesting. If they weren't following someone, she might have asked to inspect them. With an open smile toward them, she gestured for them to follow - wondering if they would listen, or even consider it. Light was good, wasn't it? If so, then their alliance would prove invaluable. They could be trusted. They could be relied upon.

The woman's bronze-tinted gaze darted to Malik when he snapped at Caden's leg, and she scowled as the canine loped off ahead of them. Stubborn, as always. Malik was so ... difficult. Her mind was dwelling on such when Caden's voice broke the silence. How long had she been bonded with the Metal elemental? "A couple months," she said honestly, looking for all the world like she would never tell a lie. "It hasn't been easy. I still don't know much about him, nor what I can do. It's all accidental." She frowned. "How about you? How long?"

She looked to Katarina as the woman transformed, smiling in appreciation. She loved animals. Seeing the leopard leap ahead, she tried not to worry about how Malik would handle the other elemental. Lydia knew full well that Malik hated others, especially elementals. As if his scene earlier hadn't proved that....

"What can you do? I read that there are shared abilities between an elemental and their bond."
-

Malik trot along quietly, his gaze still locked on the hunter. He felt instead of saw it when Katarina morphed into her feline form. He was snarling before she even reached him. "Must you pester me, woman?" His bronze eyes shot to the snow leopard, and he bore his fangs briefly. "I don't want your presence near me, iceling." The mental voice was intrusive, rough, and altogether grating - like metal on metal.

The dread wolf bound forward, keeping a few trees between himself and Katarina. He didn't address her again. Instead, Malik pointedly focused on the hunter they followed.

blueblackrose

Penpal

Old 01-06-2015, 04:32 AM

When the woman finally caught up to the water elemental her mind went blank for a moment. Why had she felt such a strong desire to follow her and to try talking to her? There was silence filling the space between the two females after Anubina asked Roshan what she wished to speak about. Several moments passed by before the fire elemental partner broke the silence.

“Well you’re the first Elemental I have met other than my partner Cin. It really surprised me. I mean he had spoken of there being others out there in hiding, but we haven’t come across any others until now.” Her azure eyes looked over the taller woman taking in her appearance. “You’ll have to look over my stubborn, hard headed, temperamental, hot headed and ill mannered partner. He can be intimidating at times, but really he only wants what is best. To return things to how they once were.” Roshan let out a musical laugh at how she was referring to Cin, not that he didn’t deserve it. She smiled a bit looking up at Anubina. “I suppose I shouldn’t talk about Cin like that. He really is a good man and has a good heart.”

There was a pause as the shifter thought on what she should say. “Anyway, before that grumpy lion comes searching for me. I would like to know more about you if you don’t mind. I mean, to think there are actually other elementals living out there is kind of amazing. Yeah I shouldn’t have doubted my partner, but what can I say we don’t always see eye to eye on things.” Roshan wasn’t sure if Anubina would understand as it seemed she didn’t have a partner. Plus hadn’t she said she hadn’t been around others for a while? It didn’t matter right now.

Meanwhile Cináed paced the forest floor where Roshan had left him. In his mind he was cursing that woman, Roshan. Even so she was his dear partner and friend and he cared for her. There was no way he was going to lose her just because of her willfulness or desires. He had stopped in his pursuit of the woman, giving her a chance to do what she wanted. Even so he felt uneasy about this. Of all the elementals they could have ran into why did it have to be a water elemental?

Pandora's Box
Everyone's Favorite Sociopath

Old 01-14-2015, 01:17 AM

After a few minutes of whining and name-calling, Ziarra finally gave in and kept walking with Aya. Relived that her temper tantrum was over, Aya let go of her hand and kept walking. "When we get to town, we should probably stop for supplies. You keep eating all my food. Seriously, how do you eat so-" When she turned to look at her companion, she realized Ziarra was nowhere to be found. "Ziarra! Damn it! Don't do this NOW!" Aya called out. When no response came, she stamped her foot and started marching through the forest. She must have changed into her dove form. she thought.

After searching for a few minutes, she dropped to the ground and sighed. "I'm never going to catch up with her." She said to no one. With the other elementals around, her 'sixth sense' was a bit thrown off, and she knew that Ziarra was much faster when she changed forms. All I can do is hope she doesn't get herself into too much trouble. She heard water running nearby. Her canteen was empty, and Aya didn't have a very good sense of direction to get herself back to the path, so she decided to head towards the water and hope that maybe Z could meet her there.

-----------------

In theory, being a bird sounds really cool. There's the flying, and the fact you don't seem dangerous. And you can poop on people's heads. However, if you haven't quite mastered the 'flying' part, it can get a little tricky. Ziarra wasn't exactly a frequent flier, and she normally stuck to higher places than forest settings. After running into multiple trees, she called it quits and changed back into her human form. Now she had a massive headache, but she didn't really care about that. There were elementals close! She could almost taste it! After getting used to walking again, she followed her instincts and bolted in the direction she felt their presence.

CrimsonShadow
Glitter addict...beware

Penpal

Old 01-14-2015, 05:43 PM

Lydia’s words confused the Elf. Their bonding was an accident? How did that even happen?

Shaking his head Caden watched his partner leap ahead to trail after Malik. Kat never could leave well enough alone.

“Only a couple of months? How was it an accident? I’ve never heard of that before. For me it has been many many years. I honestly can’t remember how long it’s been now.” He trailed off for a moment, thinking about the past. “I have control over ice. Every partner is different. Some gain just a few abilities, some can create the element and control it. I cannot create but I can control it completely.” Smiling Caden gestured to the two of them. “Katarina and I can help you if you’d like. Teach you how to tap into your powers.”

At Malik’s voice in her head Katarina slightly winced. He was very grating on the mind. “Oh metal you are so endearing,” she purred back, a soft caress in his mind. Letting out a feline snicker she bounded over to Lydia and Caden.

Once she was next to Lydia she bumped her head against she hand, hoping for a scratch. She would let Malik cool off and then go bother him again. Ice wasn’t afraid of metal, not when she had a past with another metal elemental.

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 01-17-2015, 04:44 AM

Ovacinprilcia had silently agreed to Akira's request and slunk into the dark cave. Overnight, it watched quietly as Audra and Euria climbed a tree, slept, and then left to get away from the fighting. It considered following them for a moment, then decided that it was indeed what it wanted to do. But the sun was now out, and there were fewer places than ever to hide from the light. Fortunately, Audra and Euria left the tree very early in the morning, so Ovacinprilcia and Akira slipped between the ebbing shadows after them. Once the sun was high in the sky, Ovacinprilcia could transform into a raven and fly between the trees, inconspicuous to all who did not know of its animal form.

Esmme

Old 01-17-2015, 03:57 PM

Lydia caught the slightest hints of confusion in Caden's eyes. Right. The "accident" part must have been confusing. Alright, so it wasn't an accidental bonding, but there were certainly accidental links to her partner she wasn't aware of. "I meant accessing his powers is an accident," she clarified, smiling slightly. "I don't know if it's even possible to bond to an elemental accidentally."

As she walked, she listened to Caden. She cast a few gentle looks in Malik's direction, watching the interaction between the two elementals. Lydia was relieved when the feline made her way back to them. As Katarina's head bumped against her, Lydia obliged by scratching the leopard's ears.

"Years. Then you've learned much more than I have." Lydia smiled slightly, and looked over Kat in admiration. "Ice abilities. You'll have to show me." If they stayed together, anyway. Hopefully they would. It wasn't set in stone - they had a strange group. Oddly, Lydia felt quite comfortable around them all thus far. Everyone, that is, save the hunter they followed. A good opportunity, but they could be walking into a trap.

Blinking, the woman smiled. "I would love some pointers. Malik hasn't been forthright with his knowledge or abilities. What I know, I know from books." Right. Books Lydia had been sneaking around with to avoid being caught.

Malik shot a glare to Katarina as she leaped back to her partner. Endearing. There was a loud, pointed snort as the wolf turned his attention back to the hunter. If he weren't so attracted to the possibility of violence, Malik wouldn't be with the group. The sound of quiet paws striking the ground intensified as Malik loped ahead to scout the path. He was almost hoping for an ambush, really.

By the time he returned, his bronze eyes were locked on Lydia as she stroked Katarina's head. Perfect. Friends. If Lydia became friends with these people, then they weren't just temporary partners.

Lydia's bronze-tinted gaze shot toward the treeline in surprise. Frowning, she shook her head at Malik. The wolf huffed in frustration as his partner refused to listen to his mental demand, and grudgingly trot toward the three. He snapped at Katarina. "Back, iceling."

CrimsonShadow
Glitter addict...beware

Penpal

Old 01-18-2015, 04:21 PM

((Found the best clips for when Kat is pissed off in leopard form!! lol Leopards and Black Panther Sounds))

“Ahhh, that’s what you meant.” Chuckling Caden shook his head as Katarina came up to them and basically begged Lydia for a scratch. “We would be honored to help you Lydia.” The two of them had been alone for so long now that it was strange getting friendly with other people. Especially a bonded pair. The only human interactions they’d had was fights with the hunters.

A deep rumbling purr came from Katarina as she got her head scratched. Though they were still walking she somehow managed to lean on Lydia, soaking up the scratches, without knocking her over.

“You have books on elementals? May I see them sometime?” He hadn’t seen a book like that in ages. All of Katarina’s had been lost many years ago. To their group they were like the holy grail. Lydia was definitely starting to make him want to group up. Imagine what they could accomplish together? Could they actually stand a chance? Or would they be over run?

Out of the corner of her eye Katarina saw Malik trotting towards them. When he snapped at her she let out a loud snarl and crouched. “You back off metal.”

Her ice spiked tail slowly swished back and forth, back and forth.
“Your iron heart is showing.” She taunted.

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 01-19-2015, 12:12 AM

Ovacinprilcia and Akira were flitting from tree to tree after Audra and Euria when they sensed the presence of other elemental spirits nearby. They paused under the leaves of a grand maple tree to eavesdrop on the conversation going on below them.

"You have books on elementals?" one spirit was asking.

Ovacinprilcia's ears perked up at the sound of it. Books on elementals? It hadn't seen such a volume for many years, having thought that they had all been destroyed or lost. It signaled to its partner, Akira, to follow it as it slipped down into the shadow of a nearby bush.

That was the moment when a confrontation was about to occur.

flamethrower1391
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-19-2015, 09:37 PM

(salvete: Akira is in a cabin.)