Masataka
(-.-)zzZ

Old 02-20-2007, 11:01 PM

I am actually in the middle of watching Seven Swords. I have just completed the first dics and the story is kinda odd, but the action has so far be very good. I will let everyone know how it is when I finish. It's about three hours on two discs so it will take about one more sitting.

Kiyo_Michan
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-21-2007, 08:31 PM

PREPARE TO BE REVIEWED

Music and Lyrics:

I saw Music and Lyrics on Valentines. The humor in the movie wasn't in your face, but it was funny enough where I laughed quite a bit. If you grew up during any part of the 80s you'll laugh...alot! The first 5 minutes of the movie was one of the funniest things I've seen all year...XD

5 of 5

pixiedustlove
Send a message via MSN to pixiedustlove

Old 03-12-2007, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekojin_cat
Last movie I saw was Rose Red, based on the book by Stephen King. Good movie, although I found a minor 'baddie' character creepier than anything else. (She had a withered arm. It was icky.) However, the ending left some things to be desired, and it was rather a long movie. 4 hours or so. o.O
I'd give it 7/10.
Rose red... i enjoyed that movie. Theres also i believe two movies relating to that one... they play one of them quite often on tv. wish i could remember the name. *sighs*

I RECENTLY SAW, Wild Hogs.
I was laughing non-stop the whole time!

CrinkledStraw
\ (•◡•) /
n/a
Send a message via AIM to CrinkledStraw

Old 03-12-2007, 05:53 AM

The last movie I saw was...probably Garden State.

I LOVED it.

Natalie Portman's character was amazing, and Zach Braff did an amazing job as writer, director, and leading actor.

5/5 Crinkly Red Straws.

:3

Donna
(。⌒∇⌒)&...
Send a message via MSN to Donna

Old 03-12-2007, 05:58 AM

The last movie I saw was Bridge to Taribithea with my family.
My family loved it but for some reason I didn't like it too much. I thought that it wasn't deeply thought out and had some good ideas but divulged rather into emotional impact than a good plot. Because....someone...dies and it's sad.
I think this is one of those movies that had a good idea but was poorly put together.
***** 2/5

Seiki Nova
Wishing on Shooting Stars

Old 03-12-2007, 06:45 AM

Night at the Museum.

I would say 7.5/10.

It was funny, but I was expecting more from it I guess.

Anoni
is a cool kid.

Old 03-12-2007, 06:47 AM

@ Donna: Oh wow I read Bridge to Taribithea when I was a kid. Is the movie new? @.@;;

Hmm last movie I watched in the cinemas was probably a while ago. xD I think it was The Holiday? It was sweet, and definitely a chick flick. The guys I watched it with all got bored and started chucking stuff around. :lol:

I'd give it 3/5 I think. ^^

pixiedustlove
Send a message via MSN to pixiedustlove

Old 03-12-2007, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anoni
@ Donna: Oh wow I read Bridge to Taribithea when I was a kid. Is the movie new? @.@;;

Hmm last movie I watched in the cinemas was probably a while ago. xD I think it was The Holiday? It was sweet, and definitely a chick flick. The guys I watched it with all got bored and started chucking stuff around. :lol:

I LOVED the Holiday!!
Such a great chick flick, i cant wait untill it comes out onto dvd.

:D

jessyta
*^_^*

Old 03-12-2007, 05:36 PM

The last movie I saw was Reno 911. And it was HORRID. I love the show.. but 90 minutes of stupid humor got old really quick.

CrinkledStraw
\ (•◡•) /
n/a
Send a message via AIM to CrinkledStraw

Old 03-12-2007, 07:43 PM

I lied!

The last movie I saw was The Pursuit of Happyness.

I thought the story was emotional, interesting, and inspiring.
A good mix of humor, drama, etc. all while chasing the 'American Dream.'
And Will Smith's son was adorable!

4.5/5 Crinkly Red Straws
:D

Donna
(。⌒∇⌒)&...
Send a message via MSN to Donna

Old 03-12-2007, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anoni

Pretty new. It came out two or three weeks ago I believe.
I imagine the book would have been better. I just hated the advertising that made me expect something different. It's not a bad story though, just loathe the commercial that made it seem like another Narnia. I remember being upset at the Kangaroo Jack ad too because it seemed like the whole movie the kangaroo would talk instead of just in one scene where the guy's dreaming. :roll:

` Toxic Whispers
Dead Account Holder

Old 03-13-2007, 03:28 AM

• This is old, but the recent movie I watched was Little Man. :l
    It was funny, but some parts were super stupid.
    Like when they were playing tackle football at the birthday party. The little kid kicked the guy in the groin and the main character in little man started laughing. o.o
    It was basically a bunch of sh*t.
    2/5 stars.

lilazngirl100
⊙ω⊙
n/a

Old 04-10-2007, 11:13 PM

The Last Movie I saw was...TMNT (teenage mutant ninja turtles). I watched it with the birthday boy..lol... we stayed there until 11 o clock at night!! We kind of got in trouble..just kind of..=]

Molotov21
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-10-2007, 11:16 PM

The most recent movie that I have seen in theatres would be Wild Hogs. It was pretty good for a comedy, better than the previews made it seem like it would be.

I would give it a 3.5/5 rating. :3

verya
(-.-)zzZ
n/a
Send a message via AIM to verya

Old 04-10-2007, 11:30 PM

I just got back from taking my little sister to see "Meet the Robinsons" It was pretty cute and there were some funny parts to it.

Yumi Mei Flower
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via Yahoo to Yumi Mei Flower

Old 04-10-2007, 11:37 PM

Pan's Labyrinth

10's all across! hell! 20's too!

precious
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-11-2007, 01:13 AM

I saw "Meet the Robinsons" with my friend. It was alright, and my friend and I kept joking that the kid roomate looked like L. xP Still, it wasn't as good as some of the past animated movies and it felt a bit jumbled together randomly. It did have some funny moments though. :D

I would give it a three out of five, I think.

Tamerthanthou
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to Tamerthanthou

Old 04-11-2007, 01:50 AM

The last movie I saw was 'Meet the Robinsons'. It was cute and decent but I have to say my favorite part was the singing frogs.

It's not as bad as some movies have been lately, but not as good as the older Disney movies. I'd give it a... 6.5/10.

Phareas
ʘ‿ʘ
n/a

Old 04-11-2007, 02:03 AM

The last movie I saw was Pan's Labyrinth which I would give a 5/5 It was a very interesting story and was done brilliantly.

Emperial
Unknown Empress

Old 04-11-2007, 06:03 AM

I watched Closely-Watched Trains last weekend, it's one of me favorite films. A gem of the Czech New Wave. I'd definitely give it 10/10. It's just so funny and endearing and I love how the various plots come together! It's as much a comedy and a tragedy as real life. And that Hubicka! Even though some upsetting things happen in the film, it always cheers me up. (Czech cinema has such a great sense of humor.)

And I have to mention that before that I watched The Far Side of the Moon, a truly jawdroppingly awazing film by Robert Lepage, another of my favorites, another 10/10. I watched it for my birthday, actually. It's one of those movies that just define what I think cinema should be. Creative, surprising, and speaking to the nature of the human spirit. Additionally, one of the most beautiful movie themes I've ever encountered. So hauntingly gorgeous.

I usually watch movies from my Netflix, I can't really afford to go to the theatre a lot. :oops:

Alegretto
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Alegretto Send a message via MSN to Alegretto

Old 04-11-2007, 06:14 AM

Last thing I saw was Last Life in the Universe. It's not what I was expecting, as I've only seen Tadanbou Asano in high-energy yakuza/action flicks. While the film's plot did have a strong tie to the yakuza for parts of it, it was more of a slowly-paced and surreal movie.

It was also a rather unusual mix. The main character (Asano) was Japanese, but the setting was Thailand, the leading female and director were Thai, and most of the actual dialogue was in English. A little surprising and jarring at first, but it had a lovely flow to it once I got used to it.

It also had Takashi Miike in it. While his role was small, I must say that he is the most badass-looking dude ever to exist. The scriptwriter for Ichi the Killer was in it too, and he was surprisingly cool, too.

So all in all- 8/10
The fact that Takashi Miike was in it- 50/10

Wisty
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to Wisty

Old 04-11-2007, 06:47 AM

*singsong voice* I just saw The Prestiiige, it was fucking creeeeepy. lalala la la la. XD Especially that last shooot, I'm gonna have a niightmare.

`.`
It was more unreal and sci-fi ish than I thought it would be, but despite how unbelievable some of it was, it's dramatic enough to make you go "ooch." a variant of ouch. It does a good job on portraying how goals change over time and how power corrupts. Dx enough to make you a little pissed and a little sad for the characters. Plus Hugh Jackman and Scarlett Johansen are in it, which is hot. pff.
It also jumps around a lot but it does it artfully, and I could follow completely, so it was great. Unless you're my dad who wants all movies to go straight beginning to end so that it doesn't hurt his ungrasping and reluctant to do guesswork brain. *annoyed by the sidecomments he kept making*
the movie's ending twist is unexpected and all, but it introduces a mindboggling concept and now as I try and look back to see how it could have possibly worked, it leaves loose ends. but I didn't see the absolute beginning of the movie so maybe there are clues there that give answers. *shrug*
Pretty cool movie though, it had nice costumes and bg too.

DJ LAZA
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-11-2007, 10:55 PM

I just watched The Grudge last night with Sarah Michelle Gellar in it. I fell asleep for the end of it so I have no idea what went on, but I have to say it is the worst movie ever. I think it was trying to be a horror movie but from what I saw of it, it was nothing like that. In the beginning where that nast dead girl thing grabs the asian girl in the attic or whatever, I was totally not scared. I mean, I didn't even flinch. Actually the entirety of what I saw I did not even jump or flinch at all during the "scary" parts. Now a good horror movie is the set of Saw movies. I was cringing and jumping and sick to my stomach. You know it's a good, effective horror movie when that happens. :3

Aliena
(^._.^)ノ

Old 04-14-2007, 02:37 AM

I just watched this movie on one of my Cinemax channels called "A Sound of Thunder." It caught my eye because the description said it was based upon a story by Ray Bradbury and when I turned to it, I immediately remembered reading this short story in a book called "Dinosaur" in which a futuristic time travel tour/safari company would take people on safaris to shoot prehistoric creatures and stuff that were just about to die anyhow. And they had to stay on this path and make sure not to touch anything else around them.

SPOILERS AND STUFF:

Well, one guy stepped on a butterfly and in the book, there were a few changes in the present then, like the guy who won the election and a few other things. It's actually the basis for the whole "butterfly effect" thing, I believe. But in the movie, it was completely different! The stepping on the butterfly caused "time waves" or ripples of evolutionary change so you got these baboonosauruses and huge insects and weird plants and stuff and the lead character had to figure out a way to go back in time to prevent the butterfly from being stepped on. Let's just say the movie was incredibly loosely based on the story - same premise, same characters, but other than that, completely different!

It was enjoyable, though the effects were a bit on the cheesy side. It was kind of a B movie, I thought. And I normally don't compare movies to their book counterparts, but the whole time, I was like, "I don't remember that happening in the story!" I went on wikipedia and did read that it received all sorts of criticisms for not respecting its source material. lol

So, all in all, I'd give it a 3/5. Fun, cheesy, lil' movie.

x.windstar2.x
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via MSN to x.windstar2.x

Old 04-14-2007, 02:57 AM

Disturbia, 4.5 stars. (: