Rachaelxxoo

Old 09-27-2013, 10:36 PM

Have you ever heard of it?

Basically, you get specific felting needles and this felting wool known as roving. What you do is you take the felting needle and you keep puncturing the ball of roving until it becomes more firm and you can mould it into whichever shapes you want. You can make really cute animal figurines and such. I made sushi out of it once for a school project and got 97% or something. And it's really fun to do.

Woodlandnymph
Master Debater

Old 09-29-2013, 06:23 AM

:) I felt wool dreadlock falls for Ren Faires for myself and friends.

lunanuova
l u n a

Penpal

Old 10-06-2013, 06:26 PM

That fox is amazing!! Is that one of yours? I have just bought a starter pack of felting wool and so far I have made a snowman. How much wool do you have of each colour?

I-Jojo
Want some Kawaii dust?

Old 11-05-2013, 05:27 AM

Oh man I remember when I started felting. I would make little pokemon and panda bears for my friends at school... The needles would always get me though. T_T

Cybertronic Butterfly
ISS Agent 42738BUI

Old 11-20-2013, 05:57 AM

I've never even heard of felting, where have I been? That is adorable! I'mma have to try it immediately! Thanks for teaching me about something new!

BellyButton

Assistant Administrator

Old 12-05-2013, 02:16 AM

I got a gift certificate from a yarn/textiles store for my birthday and I want to buy some newbie felting stuff. I have never done it before, so I'm looking for very basic starter supplies. Anyone have any recommendations?

M i r o
Comatose

Old 12-09-2013, 05:21 PM

The only places that I've seen with needle felt is Hobby Lobby and Joann Fabrics. I imagine Michael's has it too, though. I've never done needle felt and I imagine I'd just end up stabbing myself too much. looolol I think either HL or Michael's would be the cheapest art supply stores to get your starter kit from. Unless you like ordering online, then maybe Amazon or something like that would be good.

River Song
Spoilers, Sweetie! ;)

Old 12-20-2013, 11:15 PM

That is amazing! :O
I really want to try this.
Tomorrow I might go out and find some of that stuff
and play around with it. I always wanted to make crafts like
these before, but never got around to buying what I need
to try it out.

noirist
(-.-)zzZ

Old 12-23-2013, 11:20 PM

This looks so cute! I just did a Google image search on felting and some of the pics that came up are absolutely beautiful, especially when the felt colours have been blended together.

I would love to learn this to be able to make a little black Pug, like my Monty. ^__^