Artsydaze
Full-Time Daydreamer

Old 05-25-2012, 08:47 PM

Behind the heavily bolted seventh vault door laid a middle sized cell carved from the earth and paved with solid stone blocks, some quite a bit chipped and other sporting scathing remarks by the previous tenant about the guards, the foods and the prisoner's voices that seemed to be made from a sharpened rock lying on the floor. That fellow obliviously resented his living condition and hit fellow companions...

Aside from the walls, the cell only had a threadbare blanket perched on a single bunk bed suspended by two chains attached to the far wall and a hole seeming to be intended to be used as a makeshift chamberpot. No windows nor other source of light were in sight and the room still held a faintly unpleasant scent from it's last use.

Beneath the blanket seemed to be hidden something...

Kilia
(^(エ)^)

Old 05-25-2012, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artsydaze View Post
After being told to go find a room to sleep in and come back as he woke up, Aydan started his task.

As he passed through the heavy door in search of a room, it closed behind him with an ominous creak of it's hinges, leaving him alone in a dark and dank corridor which smelled of blood and decay.As he passed through the corridors, he encountered many rotting corpses and collapsed hallways, what would have been a labyrinth of cells and guard posts now a more or less straightforward path of locked or unsanitary rooms and crumbling passages.

Soon enough he arrived to a stone stairway, both leading up and down. The path to the upper levels was more or less passable and let distant moonlight and wind down into the basement, seeming to be the safer choice. The stairs going down, however, were dank and dark, making them slippery and hazardous. A distant dripping and the scent of earth could be sensed from it's dark depths.

Aydan had to choose which way to proceed in his search for a suitable abode to sleep in.
Aydan looked at each passage way, as he fidgeted, he was tired of being dark so he turned, walking up the stairs, heading towards the moonlight and air that he could feel and see. He tread slowly, avoiding what ever it was on the stairs, not touching much of anything else before he looked around to see where the rooms were at, trying to find a free one.

Artsydaze
Full-Time Daydreamer

Old 05-26-2012, 12:43 AM

The ground floor was threaded with whistling wind and soft moonlight entering narrow windows, the soft light illuminating what seemed to be a lobby, a heavily locked gate guarding the entrance to the prison. Aydan remembered the threat to his life should he try to leave.

To his left was a oak door inscribed with "Warden's Quarters", intriguing but seemed to be locked tight. On his right was a corridor ending with a door left ajar and flanked with small and poorly locked rooms, identified as intended for visitors they could do for a room but would not keep much of anything out.

As Aydan took in his surroundings, a soft 'ding' followed by the grating sound of what seemed to be an opening gate, making him look back to an old elevator opening it's door to let him in. It seemed to be used to go up and was still in passable conditions, though it would not be so in a few years.

Aydan had to choose to either choose a room, explore the floor some more, or look for a room in the upper levels of the prison.

Wrenji-chan
I belong in a Museum.

Penpal

Old 05-26-2012, 02:18 AM

Ruthie sneezed as she opened the drawer. A strange smell wafted into her nose and she sneezed again. She then grabbed the drawer and dumped it's contents on the floor, before placing the drawer back in it's original place.

Digging through the mess on the floor in front of her, Ruthie found more books with words she didn't understand. She chose to ignore these and put them back in the drawer. The blank book she threw to her collection of treasures on the bed.

Next Ruthie picked up the envelopes. "Ergh!" she exclaimed "I can't read these either! Wait, those look like names." She looked closely at the repeating words and sounded them out in her head. Her... GebHARD ... LeetNER and CLAWdia LeetNER? Ruthie smelled the envelopes once more before placing them back in the drawer.

The photos, Ruthie took to the bed. She sat on top of the bed and laid them out in front of her in a fan shape. Then she organized them; one pile had only the woman and her child and the other had the entire family. Ruthie picked up one photo that had the woman sitting in a chair holding the baby, with the man standing behind them. She put this picture in the blank journal, then took the others back to the desk.

Ruthie yawned. She wanted to go to sleep but she still had to explore around the table. Maybe she could find something she cold use to protect herself if anyone else came along.

((I know the German is pronounced wrong, but she is who she is. Sorry for the wait!))

Kilia
(^(エ)^)

Old 05-26-2012, 02:37 AM

Quote:
The ground floor was threaded with whistling wind and soft moonlight entering narrow windows, the soft light illuminating what seemed to be a lobby, a heavily locked gate guarding the entrance to the prison. Aydan remembered the threat to his life should he try to leave.

To his left was a oak door inscribed with "Warden's Quarters", intriguing but seemed to be locked tight. On his right was a corridor ending with a door left ajar and flanked with small and poorly locked rooms, identified as intended for visitors they could do for a room but would not keep much of anything out.

As Aydan took in his surroundings, a soft 'ding' followed by the grating sound of what seemed to be an opening gate, making him look back to an old elevator opening it's door to let him in. It seemed to be used to go up and was still in passable conditions, though it would not be so in a few years.

Aydan had to choose to either choose a room, explore the floor some more, or look for a room in the upper levels of the prison.
Ayden looked around once more, trying the door to the warden's office, having no success in getting it open the second time, seeing the door ajar, he figured that someone had made that place their home already. He struggled with his decision once more before testing the elevator before climbing into it, closing the grate behind him and pressing a random button. He was shaking in his feet, i would say boot but he had none, no shoes, no shocks, just a thin shirt with just as thin pants. He clung to the wall as the floor started to move beneath him, his heart jumping into his throat, oh how he hated this thing.

Artsydaze
Full-Time Daydreamer

Old 05-26-2012, 02:37 AM

The small table was still covered with a white tablecloth, the fabric stained with spilled food and wine. the entirety of it's content was on the floor, either thrown by the wind of by the man in the painting. A goblet, a metal dish and some utensils were scattered all over the floor.

The chairs, too seemed to have been thrown, but thankfully were not broken, their soft covering still intact though used and faded in places.

---------- Post added 05-25-2012 at 10:51 PM ----------

((I guess that means I choose the floor, then!))

The elevator stopped at the first floor it came across, the doors opening to let a fair bit of moonlight in. This floor was full of thick windows, all shut quite tight or broken by what seemed to have been grenades shards and bullets. The floor was made in a square shape, with the corridor runing around the celles and between them to make blocks of two, each mostly made of even thicker glass than the windows. And the center of it all was a room with only the upper part of it's interior visible.

The rooms seemed bigger in there, and the locks more secure. The rooms may need some sort of curtains for privacy, however.

Aydan could find a room for himself, explore the center room, or go back to the elevator to look elsewhere.

Wrenji-chan
I belong in a Museum.

Penpal

Old 05-26-2012, 03:08 AM

Blaming the fact she was a girl, Ruthie picked up the chairs and set them at the table. She then picked up each of the pieces of the dining set. She placed the metal dish in front of one of the chairs, to serve as a plate and then set the goblet above it.

She picked up the utensils off the floor next. She debated placing the silverware on the table too, but didn't. She took what she found - a spoon, fork and knife - back to the bed with her.

She took inventory of what she had. A Holmes book, a blank book, a picture, silverware, and a pile of clothes. "If only I had found some matches or flint. I really should light those fires. Maybe I'll be able to see better in the morning."

Ruthie set her treasure back in the chest, closed it, then snuggled under the covers on the bed and tried to fall asleep.

Artsydaze
Full-Time Daydreamer

Old 05-26-2012, 03:15 AM

((The lights are elsewhere in the room~))

As Ruthie found sleep, a strong gale followed by a thunderstorm started to fill the room with haunting and startling sounds, the only thing keeping the water out being the roof that extended a fair fay beyond the walls.

Was Ruthie able to sleep through it all?

HTML Code:
[dice]2[/dice]

Wrenji-chan
I belong in a Museum.

Penpal

Old 05-26-2012, 03:19 AM

Quote:
((The lights are elsewhere in the room~))

As Ruthie found sleep, a strong gale followed by a thunderstorm started to fill the room with haunting and startling sounds, the only thing keeping the water out being the roof that extended a fair fay beyond the walls.

Was Ruthie able to sleep through it all?

HTML Code:
[dice]2[/dice]
(( I was going based on moonlight, so I figured it was rather dim in the room. Also, I don't know what to write before the dice roll. :XD ))

The 2-sided dice lands on 2

Artsydaze
Full-Time Daydreamer

Old 05-26-2012, 03:24 AM

((Oh! Right...!))

The ominous sounds woke the girl from her young slumber with a start, a sharp flash of lightning followed by the simultaneous growling of thunder and howling of the wind making a rather unpleasant awakening.

Ruthie could always try ignoring it and going back to sleep, though it would not be easy...
HTML Code:
[dice]6[/dice]

Wrenji-chan
I belong in a Museum.

Penpal

Old 05-26-2012, 03:29 AM

Ruthie screamed at the noise that woke her. It wasn't a terribly loud scream, but anyone on the floor would've heard her, if they could hear above the storm. She huddled, shaking in the covers and breathing heavily. Maybe, just maybe she could try going back to sleep. The bed was very comforting....

The 6-sided dice lands on 2

Artsydaze
Full-Time Daydreamer

Old 05-26-2012, 03:34 AM

Alas, it was no use, Ruthie's terror combined with the loud noise preventing her from going back to sleep. She had to hold on until the storm passed.

Would she try to read, to sing or to explore some more? She could only hope that the storm would end soon...

HTML Code:
[dice]3[/dice]

Wrenji-chan
I belong in a Museum.

Penpal

Old 05-26-2012, 03:43 AM

Ruthie tossed and turned in the bed. She covered her head with the pillow to try and muffle out the sound, but it was no use, the storm was just too loud. She could not fall back asleep. Ruthie whimpered as another bolt of lightning flashed through the sky. The man in the painting, who had originally looked cheerful, now looked terrifying. Ruthie let out a small shriek as thunder boom all around her. What to do? What to do! she thought. She looked around her. She could explore more, the room was certainly big enough for that. She thought about singing, and home the nurses at the home used to sing them to sleep at night. "Oh!" She exclaimed "I can read me book!"

The 3-sided dice lands on 2

Kilia
(^(エ)^)

Old 05-26-2012, 03:51 AM

Quote:
[I]((I guess that means I choose the floor, then!))

The elevator stopped at the first floor it came across, the doors opening to let a fair bit of moonlight in. This floor was full of thick windows, all shut quite tight or broken by what seemed to have been grenades shards and bullets. The floor was made in a square shape, with the corridor runing around the celles and between them to make blocks of two, each mostly made of even thicker glass than the windows. And the center of it all was a room with only the upper part of it's interior visible.

The rooms seemed bigger in there, and the locks more secure. The rooms may need some sort of curtains for privacy, however.

Aydan could find a room for himself, explore the center room, or go back to the elevator to look elsewhere.
(lol yea i figured it would be more fun that way and not only that i did not know how many floors there was lol even looking at the maps lol)

Ayden looked around before he stepped off the elevator, moving just as slowly towards the center of the room considering he only had one eye to see with,= well it was hard for him to do much of anything like the rest of the kids. He looked around the center room, touching things here and there for a few minutes as he smiled softly. "Bella would like this place." he mumbled to him self as he explored.

Artsydaze
Full-Time Daydreamer

Old 05-26-2012, 03:51 AM

A few hours passed as Ruthie tried to distract herself by reading her book, the moon moving to the last third of it's trek through the sky before the storm finally passed, the wind quieting to a nearly soothing whisper by comparison.

Ruthie should really get some sleep, she only have a few hours until the sun would wake her from her slumber.

---------- Post added 05-25-2012 at 11:57 PM ----------

The second floor was made for monitoring the prisoners, there was no doubt about it. All the cells were see-through beside the outside walls and only had a small cot and a chamberpot each, the only thing resembling a furniture being a small tray nailed at the cots' feet. The center room looked like a nurse station.

Was it for the sick or was it for new arrivals?

Aydan could look into it further or go on as he was previously.

Wrenji-chan
I belong in a Museum.

Penpal

Old 05-26-2012, 03:59 AM

Ruthie yawned and stretched. She was really tired, the book had only made her more sleepy. Finally, after many many pages of reading, and many shrieks and whimpers, the storm passed on. Ruthie's eyelids felt heavy and she was struggling to keep them open. She decided that it was best for her to put the book away and get what little sleep she could manage. After all, the weirdos told her to come back after she had slept. They must have something planned for her. Something terrifying, yet perhaps exciting as well.

She enjoyed the room she had found. She felt safe to be in such a comfortable bed. Once more she snuggled into the covers, and once more Ruthie fell asleep.

(( probably my last post of the night, as I have to get to sleep as well ))

Artsydaze
Full-Time Daydreamer

Old 05-26-2012, 04:06 AM

((Sweet dreams, then! ))

Early sunlight awoke Ruthie four hours later, making her slightly sleep deprived but not as much as if she would have been forced to be awake all night long. The cry of distant birds joined the whispers and howls of the wind, making a music of their own.

She probably should get up and go back down, as the rotting creatures and the magical typewriter instructed her to, but maybe she could explore her new room a little more beforehand...?

Kilia
(^(エ)^)

Old 05-26-2012, 04:25 AM

Quote:
The second floor was made for monitoring the prisoners, there was no doubt about it. All the cells were see-through beside the outside walls and only had a small cot and a chamberpot each, the only thing resembling a furniture being a small tray nailed at the cots' feet. The center room looked like a nurse station.

Was it for the sick or was it for new arrivals?

Aydan could look into it further or go on as he was previously.
Ayden, looked at everything once more, not feeling very comfortable in the place, it was giving him an eerie feeling, so he went back to the elevator and pressed another button to move to another floor, glad to be rid of this very eerie, uncomfortable floor. It was more then likely going to take him a while to find himself a room.

(ugh the timeline moves so fast in this place!!!)

Artsydaze
Full-Time Daydreamer

Old 05-26-2012, 04:35 AM

((It only moves as fast as we make it.))

The third floor was the last remaining floor for Aydan to find a room. With a ding and the opening of the door, he was faced with a bronze plaque reading "Prisoners of War" screwed to a wall spaning far to both the left and the right. The left corridor led to a door where soft snores could be heard, the room was most likely occupied. To the right the corridor continued and turned a corner, the beyond hidden from sight.

If Ayden wanted a room, he should go right.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 05-26-2012, 11:59 AM

((Ok, Cora will make a post. She was waiting a bit to give blue a chance.))
((Psst....am I allowed to take the sharpened rock? If not I'll take that part out.))

She looked about the room which held the visions from the past. She could faintly see in her mind the insane prisoner who lived there whiling away his life scratching on walls. She wondered, briefly, what he had done to get himself put into such a place. She walked the room reading the writing on the wall, placing herself in his shoes, it must have been fairly terrible. But then had he deserved such a place?

His hatred of the guards was amazing, had they deserved such hatred? What where the guards like? She closed her eyes for a moment and imagined living in here day after day with nothing but the guards barking at you as they shoved cold barely edible food through a hole in the door. She shivered for a moment but shook her head, no she needed to remain brave, she had to stop thinking about the prisoners.

She stooped to take the small sharpened rock, a small amount of blood seem crusted along the edges and she wrinkled her nose but none the less she put the rock in one of the two pockets of her ragged little dress along side the matches.

She noticed the lump under the blanket and immediately her mind became distracted. She walked towards it and with a look back at Nathanial pulled back the blankets.

Wrenji-chan
I belong in a Museum.

Penpal

Old 05-26-2012, 02:19 PM

Ruthie groaned as the sunlight streamed into the room. She rolled around in bed for a few minutes, before giving in and waking up. Sitting in the bed, she stretched. Out of the corner of her eye she saw a door. Oh yeah, I didn't look there last night... She yawned again, then shifted to place her feet on the floor.

Standing, she stretched again. She had never slept in a bed so comfortable in all her life, so her body was not used to the softness. She checked to make sure everything in her trunk was still there and was pleased to see it had been undisturbed. Digging around, she took out the butter knife and put it in the pocket of her coat.

She should be going back into the darkness, back to the weirdos. But she really wanted to see what was behind that door.

Kilia
(^(エ)^)

Old 05-26-2012, 05:04 PM

Quote:
((It only moves as fast as we make it.))

The third floor was the last remaining floor for Aydan to find a room. With a ding and the opening of the door, he was faced with a bronze plaque reading "Prisoners of War" screwed to a wall spaning far to both the left and the right. The left corridor led to a door where soft snores could be heard, the room was most likely occupied. To the right the corridor continued and turned a corner, the beyond hidden from sight.

If Ayden wanted a room, he should go right.
Aydan looked around for a few minutes before turning down the right hallway, looking for a room that was the farthest away from the one that had snoring in it, he may hopefully see the other kids in the morning, maybe they will be food. He looked around once more before he opened the door to the very last room that he came too.

Artsydaze
Full-Time Daydreamer

Old 05-26-2012, 05:21 PM

((You can take everything your character can possibly carry, break or yank out, Cora.))

As she yanked the blanket away, Raine found what seemed to be a crude knife of bones, of what or whose bones she probably shouldn't wonder about. The blade was sharp and uneven and the handle wrapped in bloodstained fabric, making the knife as long as her forearm. The previous prisoner certainly seemed to have vengeance in mind... but did he get it?

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 05-26-2012, 05:26 PM

((good to know ^.^ I'll post tommarrow morning if nathanial hasn't by then))

Artsydaze
Full-Time Daydreamer

Old 05-26-2012, 05:30 PM

The door Ruthie was so curious about opened to a small bathroom, a small sink with still shiny faucets stared at her, a simple yet elegant oval mirror mounted upon the wall over it. That man certainly lived the life, as there were a block of soap, a toothbrush, tooth-powder, a comb, a razor and even a washing cloth stored around the porcelain hedge!

At the left side laid a small bath and the right a commode, waiting to be opened as well as a flushable toilet.

---------- Post added 05-26-2012 at 01:43 PM ----------

Aydan found himself in a rather spacious room, with a cot with a small chest on it's foot the first thing he saw. The cot was simple and comfortable looking with clean white linens and a fluffy pillow. The chest was made of oak and iron and was currently closed, waiting for someone to open it.

The room in general had it's entire upper walls made of intricate cage-like material and it's lower half, floor and ceiling made from simply carved maple, the floors covered in woollen rugs of earthy colors. The lack of proper windows let in quite a bit of wind, and would be dangerous for it's inhabitant's health if not for the wool blanket folded upon the cot.

On the right stood a desk with it's chair and a small unlit fireplace, on the left a chamberpot, a small table with a chair and a comfortable looking winged chair on the cot's left.

Aydan could explore the room, sleep or find another.

Last edited by Artsydaze; 05-27-2012 at 03:01 AM..