blueblackrose
Take my darkest fears and play t...

Penpal
Send a message via MSN to blueblackrose

Old 05-27-2012, 01:17 AM

((Sorry I haven't post. I haven't been home much the past two days and I won't be home much tomorrow either. I'll post what I can tonight.))

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 05-27-2012, 01:19 AM

((I may leave you to sleep in a room after your post if you don't terribly mind. I'll be home all day tomorrow and wanting to post.))

blueblackrose

Penpal

Old 05-27-2012, 02:24 AM

((That will be fine Cora.))

Nathanial followed Raine into the room, letting go of her hand after they were inside. Looking around he seen the writings of the prisoner who stayed in the room. He could only imagine what that person went through while they were alive. What had they done to be put in such a place? Did they really do something to deserve this kind of punishment? These thoughts along with others went through the boy’s head as he looked around the room. Shaking his head he brought himself back to the present. Raine had moved over the bunk bed and pulled back the blanket. Seeing the knife his eyes widened. The man who wrote the ravings had really made a weapon to care out his vengeance. Without realizing it he had moved to stand beside Raine. A weapon like that would be helpful with the situation they were in, but he wasn’t so sure about actually taking the knife.

Ascadellia
(╯°□°)╯...
Penpal
Send a message via MSN to Ascadellia Send a message via Yahoo to Ascadellia

Old 05-27-2012, 02:31 AM

Waking up to the scent of rotting flesh, among other unpleasant things was not something she liked. The young female wrinkled her nose before she reluctantly opened her eyes. She couldn't remember what exactly happened.. Sleeping peacefully in her bed with another child around her age. Then? What else? Some crazy thing came out of nowhere and abducted a handful of them.

Now she was here. With, a crazy.. foul smelling creature. As it advanced toward her and her little group, she instinctively moved back, narrowing her eyes in warning. Her whole body uneasy, but she wouldn't scream. As she heard it speak, she vaguely understood what the strange thing was saying. Typewriter... What the heck was a typewriter?? Her family had been poor. No extravagant materials. She did know how to read some english. The orphanage had taught her a little. Hopefully, she knew enough...
The 4-sided dice lands on 3

Artsydaze
Full-Time Daydreamer

Old 05-27-2012, 02:36 AM

As she hoped, the girl could read what was written on the paper before her. It was an unfished file preceded by a short message, written in strangely red ink, giving her a sense of forebording;

Quote:
We see you can read, young ones! If you choose to answer our query, we will make you into our image. The first thing we will ask is for you to answer these simple question about yourselves. Please proceed in an orderly manner.

Name:
Sex:
Skin Tone:
Eye Color:
Do you have any physical deficiencies?
Do you have mental illnesses?

After you are done, wait for further instruction. If our language make you confused, ask the golem holding our vessel for help in dumbing down our speech.
The girl could refuse and try to escape or complete the file with the typewriter.

Ascadellia
(╯°□°)╯...
Penpal

Old 05-27-2012, 02:44 AM

Akira frowned at the color of the ink. Tempted to touch it, she resisted, unsure if it'd be a good idea. Reading the words, she almost wrinkled her nose again, but this time it was out of concentration. These were easy questions. She'd taken them before.
Quote:
We see you can read, young ones! If you choose to answer our query, we will make you into our image. The first thing we will ask is for you to answer these simple question about yourselves. Please proceed in an orderly manner.

Name: Akira Tenri
Sex: Girl
Hair Color: Black
Skin Tone: Pale peach.
Eye Color: Hazel.
Do you have any physical deficiencies? No.
Do you have mental illnesses? Kleptomania and pyromania.

After you are done, wait for further instruction. If our language make you confused, ask the golem holding our vessel for help in dumbing down our speech.
After submitting this, she waited, eyes watching the typewriter warily. How it could move by itself, she didn't know.

Artsydaze
Full-Time Daydreamer

Old 05-27-2012, 02:52 AM

As soon as the last key was pushed, the nearest golem took the now completed file and gave it to another holding a strong looking folder to be filed away. As soon as the paper was gone, the typewriter wrote something else, this time a contract of sort. As the golem turned it's empty eye sockets back to Akira, the machine finished with a sharp 'ding', waiting for the girl to write her fate.

The new sheet of paper read as such:

Quote:
We see! Akira, is it? Very well, you will now be instructed in the two branch of our new society and will have to choose to to go train into one of them.

Do not worry, however, as that choice will not happen until your 15th year of age.

You will be trained in the art of pickpocketing and asked to pay a weekly fee for the betterment of the Society. You will be provided with a room to sleep into, but will have to provide for any further needs.

Do you accept these conditions?
"Refusal would mean death" The nearest creature said in an haunting whisper.

Last edited by Artsydaze; 05-27-2012 at 02:54 AM..

Ascadellia
(╯°□°)╯...
Penpal

Old 05-27-2012, 02:58 AM

Pickpocket.. She already knew how to do that. She used to do that before. Honing those skills though, would be good for her. A weekly fee? Brushing back a lock of hair, Akira frowned. She had no money. How was she to pay for a fee? She'd figure that out later. She didn't want to die. Not yet. Glancing sideways to one of the creatures, she typed Yes. on the strange device.

Wrenji-chan
I belong in a Museum.

Penpal

Old 05-27-2012, 02:58 AM

Ruthie grabbed the cloth off the sink and rubbed it on her face. It felt soft, like the sheets and she smiled. This man must have been truly wonderful to have such riches in a prison. Why would they treat him so nice if he was bad? She thought.

Ruthie suddenly felt nature's call and tiptoed over to the toilet. It was shut, she supposed out of courtesy, but she really had to go. She lifted the lid cautiously...

Artsydaze
Full-Time Daydreamer

Old 05-27-2012, 03:06 AM

Making a guttural sound of approval, the golem took once more the complete form and gave it to it's kin, never taking it's eyes off Akira.

"You are to find a room for the night and come back in the morning. Do not leave the precinct." It instructed in it's strange and terrifying multi-layered voice, the words echoing hollowly in the small room.

As it said so, it pointed to the door, silently urging the girl to go as instructed.

Ascadellia
(╯°□°)╯...
Penpal

Old 05-27-2012, 03:09 AM

Precint.. What was that? She furrowed her brows as she nodded. She hoped that just meant the, house? Or... building. Collecting herself, she gave once last wary look at the golem before heading out the door. The other orphans... Well, she wouldn't worry herself with them. Each to their own.

Artsydaze
Full-Time Daydreamer

Old 05-27-2012, 03:15 AM

((I KNEW I forgot something! The toilet, I forgot the toilet xD!))

The toilet was clean and half filled with water, making it perfectly usable. It's seat was made of smooth polished wood and it's plumbing of polished iron. Toilet paper was in easy reach of any who may need it. The cover of the toilet was nicely carved, as was the majority of the woods in these rooms.

---------- Post added 05-26-2012 at 11:20 PM ----------

((Last post of the night for me, I'll be back tomorrow!))

The stench of the golems made place for the stench of corpse and blood, as the corridors' floors seemed nearly filled with them, blood also creeping up the damp stone walls.

It was dark in there, and quite a bit colder, as no living beings were there to make it warmer. The corridors were a mess, doors locked, wings collapsed and labyrinth-like layout making it impossible to find a room in there. Akira would have to find a way to the other floors.

Wrenji-chan
I belong in a Museum.

Penpal

Old 05-27-2012, 03:22 AM

Ruthie sighed and happily went about her business. She returned to the sink to wash her hands, the had a thought. I could take a right proper bath! She eagerly striped down and ran the water in the bath until it became warm, then she shoved the washcloth in the drain to clog it. grabbing the bar of soap she jumped in and began bathing.

Ascadellia
(╯°□°)╯...
Penpal

Old 05-27-2012, 03:28 AM

Snorting, Akira made a face of discust at the stench. Using her shirt, she held it over her nose to try and dampen the smell. Alright... No safe place right here. She tried making her way past the rubble, trying to see as well as she could as her eyes adjusted to the darkness. She held her hand out to touch the wall, fingertips grazing it. Her steps careful, as if testing where would be safe to step on as she slowly made her way to, hopefully a suitable room.

Kilia
(^(エ)^)

Old 05-27-2012, 04:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artsydaze View Post
Aydan found himself in a rather spacious room, with a cot with a small chest on it's foot the first thing he saw. The cot was simple and comfortable looking with clean white linens and a fluffy pillow. The chest was made of oak and iron and was currently closed, waiting for someone to open it.

The room in general had it's entire upper walls made of intricate cage-like material and it's lower half, floor and ceiling made from simply carved maple, the floors covered in woollen rugs of earthy colors. The lack of proper windows let in quite a bit of wind, and would be dangerous for it's inhabitant's health if not for the wool blanket folded upon the cot.

On the right stood a desk with it's chair and a small unlit fireplace, on the left a chamberpot, a small table with a chair and a comfortable looking winged chair on the cot's left.

Aydan could explore the room, sleep or find another.
Aydan smiled as he looked around the room before he went towards the chest, prying it open as he peered inside of it. He couldn't wait to see what treasures may lay inside of it.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 05-27-2012, 08:15 AM

((Will set to reading all the newest posts in a bit))

She didn't care what the knife was made of, having a weapon in this place was going to be an asset and certainly not a downfall. She reached down and picked up the handle of the bone knife. Now what to do with the thing. Carefully she found a place to set the torch without buring the place down. Tore a small strip from the bottom of her dress and carefully designed a way to tie the thing loosely at her side. It was a crude job and one she would most likely have to fix in the future but for now it worked.

She motioned to the bed to give the space to Nate for the night. They needed to find bedrooms soon if they where to have any sleep before they needed to be back in the room with the golems. After she left Nate behind her she ventured out into the hallway again. She needed more matches if she was to continue her travels further into the darkness. She set herself to search the walls again, this time by light for more matches.

Artsydaze
Full-Time Daydreamer

Old 05-27-2012, 02:58 PM

That bath was heavenly! After about an hour Ruthie was warm, relaxed and clean, the soap quite reduced in size and the bath water a muddy brown... or was it grey? No matter! Those small luxuries made the girl prepare to go down in quite a good mood!

It was getting late, however, and Ruthie should go down as ordered the night previous.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 05-27-2012, 03:06 PM

((Ruthie is already at morning? Should I be aiming that way as well?))

Artsydaze
Full-Time Daydreamer

Old 05-27-2012, 03:08 PM

((You make your own pace, Cora, I don't mind either way :)!))

After meandering for a while, Akira found herself before a huge stone stairway, a set of stairs going up with distant howling of the wind and faint streak of moonlight lighting the way and damp and slippery looking stairs going down to darkness and the scent of earth.

Both set of stairs seemed to be sparsely littered with rocks and pebbles, making either choice a rather long and careful journey.

Akira would have to choose which way to go.

---------- Post added 05-27-2012 at 11:20 AM ----------

The chest opened to a set of prisoners garments made of scratchy looking grey fabric, a set of nightclothes complete with a nightcap, these one a fairly soft white and an extravagant outfit, made of richly coloured breeches and jacket, an elaborately embroidered vest, a silk tie and handkerchief, a cotton shirt of stark white and soft under-shirt and pants. Beside the pile of clothes were polished dark leather shoes, the laces neatly tucked in soft white socks.

The outfit was obliviously what the past owner was wearing when he was captured and the nightclothes an unusual courtesy from the prison.

---------- Post added 05-27-2012 at 11:27 AM ----------

((Just throw the number of boxes you have with 40 sided matches and divide by three ;) ))

Finding matches on torchlight was quite a bit easier and Raine had not problem finding some this time, in fact, she found...
The 6-sided dice lands on 1 box(es) of matches, all with a third of them in working order, as the water was nearly everywhere down there.

How many matches did she have now?

Last edited by Artsydaze; 05-27-2012 at 03:28 PM..

Wrenji-chan
I belong in a Museum.

Penpal

Old 05-27-2012, 03:32 PM

(( Cora if I'm going too fast, and you want our character to meet, I can wait to post. :sweat: ))

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 05-27-2012, 03:54 PM

((naw, was just afraid I was going too slow xP))

She sighed in relief when she found not one but two more boxes of matches. Granted the matches where damp which Guaranteed her that some of them where sure not to work, but that was ok, she felt better knowing that she had more to work with. She opened one box and then the other to figure out her potential amount of Matches.

The 40-sided dice lands on 38
The 40-sided dice lands on 13

Hopefully it was enough to allow her to go deeper into the labyrinth of a prison. Just a little deeper. But then maybe not. Depended on how many matches she had.

Artsydaze
Full-Time Daydreamer

Old 05-27-2012, 04:30 PM

Raine now had 68 matches, 26 of these matches in working order.

The lower levels seemed to go quite far underground...

Some of the bunks had thin blanket, maybe she could use them to fuel her torch's fire a little longer?

blueblackrose

Penpal

Old 05-27-2012, 04:42 PM

He gave Raine a nod. It wasn't that he really was ready to sleep, but rather his knee was starting to bother him. For now he would rest, sitting on the bed trying to decide whether he wanted to try to sleep or attempt to explore the now almost completely dark room. At least with Raine just out in the hall the light from the torch still dimly lit the room. After a bit he made up his mind. With his knee bothering him he would attempt to sleep. The boy laid on the bed, curling up into a ball and pulled the musty blanket over him. At least he would be a little warmer now.

Last edited by blueblackrose; 05-27-2012 at 04:55 PM..

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 05-27-2012, 04:45 PM

The lower levels called her, she had to explore, she needed to explore. It was the very nature of her being. She stopped by one of the rooms, thinking, she needed make her fire last as long as possible. She grabbed one blanket in one room and another from another room. She tore a large piece from the first and wrapped it around her torch. The rest of the two blankets she wrapped around her shoulders. She heaved a heavy sigh, this was it. She was going down.

She made her way to the stairs and Holding her torch above her head could see nothing. She tied her blade tighter to her side, and confirmed her goods where still firmly in her pocked before taking hold of the rail with her free hand. Slowly she descended the stairs.

((I did want to do this till I was sure she wasn't gonna have to make her way back up in the dark. xP))

---------- Post added 05-27-2012 at 04:46 PM ----------

((sorry blue, raine's going deeper. o.0))

blueblackrose

Penpal

Old 05-27-2012, 04:53 PM

((Haha, it's alright. Don't worry about it, I'll just edit my previous post.))