Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 01-18-2015, 07:52 PM

i'm going to try this again as i still think of this as a way to focus on the good that happens every day because it's so easy to be negative.

feel like commenting? not a problem. sharing means caring.
just please keep the conversations to a minimum.

tried this last year but it didn't make it far >.>

Last edited by Linnea; 01-18-2015 at 07:54 PM..

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 01-18-2015, 07:53 PM

some inspiration for january

thanks, knerd!

Last edited by Linnea; 01-18-2015 at 08:02 PM..

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 01-18-2015, 08:02 PM

january 1st, thursday

because i got off to a bit start, i'd still like to start out the year as strong as i feel like it's been! some amazing things happened this year so far and although i don't really feel inclined to talk about it on here, as i am a bit of a private person and i'm quite ok with that, but with the list here provided by knerd i feel a bit more compelled to try this out for reals!

so for the first one, my first meal of 2015!

i know it's rather tradition to have greens and black eyed peas for good luck on the upcoming year, my first meal was actually an italian from a popular sandwich shop here in maine called, Amato's. a turkey italian with their famous pickles, greek olives, green peppers, tomatoes and of course, cheese. sprinkled with a little salt and pepper and a squirt of olive oil. a staple of a true mainer's diet right there!

Last edited by Linnea; 01-18-2015 at 08:13 PM..

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 01-18-2015, 08:11 PM

january 2nd, friday

i spent a bit of time on new year's day talking with a friend from college. she is one to be severely anxious and although i often feel like everything i say to her is always a risk because she is easily offended, she still gets me more than anyone else in this world i suspect. we talked about the things that we needed to work on to be better people, better human beings and how to make our lives happier. i won't get in to the whys of that particular conversation, but during that conversation i decided on my new year resolution. so here it is: i've decided to be more fearless with my life choices and to do things with a whole heart. i think this is the only way to live without regrets and i don't want to ever say that i gave up or didn't give it all i had.

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 01-18-2015, 08:18 PM

january 3rd, saturday

A is for... attitude! the day before an awaited rendezvous with a lovely individual i had the luck to meet on new year's eve. the overall attitude is definitely excited and charmed and happy and nervous and absolutely smitten.

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 01-18-2015, 08:29 PM

january 4th, sunday

post rendezvous summary: the jury is in. he's a keeper tea and snowflake jam cookies. walking around the city at night in no particular direction and with no particular agenda. the blister on my heel was completely unacknowledged, and for good reason. made loose plans the following week.

i didn't carry a bag with me, but because i often do (it's a messenger bag) and because i actually talked about this with my new aforementioned friend, i always carry a book with me wherever i go. not a nook or a kindle, but a real live book kept safely in the confines of a bag with a flap. the sweetest part was learning that he takes a book with him everywhere too.

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 01-18-2015, 09:02 PM

january 5th, monday

my earliest memory seems to be the next challenge here. i can't say i've never tried to think of this or figure this out, but it's kind of hard seeing as i've been alive for quite some time.
now i can't remember if this is something i actually remember or something i've been told so many times it just feels real. this was back when my mom and dad were still together so i couldn't have been more than three years old. i was always a tiny little thing and i started walking really young. anyways, my mom was getting dinner ready and my dad was peeling potatoes in front of the television and he needed more. my mom shoved a big potato under each of my little armpits and one between my tiny hands and had me carry them to my dad. i believe my mom had me say something cute to my dad but i don't remember what and i don't remember what happened after that and i'm not sure why that is the memory (i think) i remember.

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 01-18-2015, 09:08 PM

january 6, tuesday

i was working overnights in a group home and i you have to stay awake all night. it can get pretty boring and although i'd do a lot of reading (novel, comic books and everything in-between), video games, movies and television shows, i still needed something to occupy my time. i don't even know how i found menewsha, maybe it was one of those ad things on facebook, actually, now that i think about it, that does seem like what brought me to mene. after that it was history!

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 01-18-2015, 09:22 PM

january 7th, wednesday

random fact about me: i secretly like terrible television shows and movies and books. i don't always like to admit it and if i do, only to certain trusted people (which is why i won't say which titles ). it's not like it's actually anything to be ashamed about, and truthfully, it doesn't really bother me if people know, buuuut, i definitely won't bring it up first in conversation

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 01-18-2015, 09:29 PM

january 8th, thursday

today is totally Elvis Presley's 80th birthday and my intention is to observe it with a fried peanut butter and banana sandwich and an elvis movie, but instead i accompanied a good friend (because i don't think i really have a best friend these days) to a 90's cover band that i really enjoy and the best part was when mr. tea-and-snowflake-jam-cookies showed up.

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 01-18-2015, 09:38 PM

january 9th, friday

i had to work that day so what i was wearing was work clothes! and since it was a friday, it was a jeans and a portland pirates hooded sweatshirt. i do love my hockey team. i like to think that my loyalty is one of my best features too by the by.

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 01-18-2015, 10:05 PM

january 10th, saturday

another rendezvous with mr. tea-and-snowflake-jam-cookies took place and it was insane. my friend's roommate had her birthday dinner and on thursday they invited him to come along. little did i know the crazy that would ensue.
it was at a much more fancy place than he and i are used to meeting at but he was in good spirits and so was i. he got along well with all the new people and didn't seem to be uncomfortable at all. after almost two hours of surprisingly smooth sailing we all decide to relocate to a more relaxed and 'dancey' atmosphere. knowing that the bathrooms would be disgusting at a bar/club, i decide to use the one at this fancy place. little did i know that when i got back to where everyone was supposed to be, they had all left but mr. tea-and-snowflake-jam-cookies and the drunk birthday girl. mr. tea-and-snowflake-jam-cookies was awesomely accommodating and took us to where she wanted to go... until we got kicked out of the bar because she couldn't stand without help, fell down numerous times and sat down on places she wasn't supposed to (while also at several points, trying to kiss mr. tea-and-snowflake-jam-cookies and grab his junk... not cool). anyhoo, mr. tea-and-snowflake-jam-cookies got the car, picked us up as i literally hulked the drunk birthday girl into his car and we left. thank god, i thought. let's get out of here, i thought.... and then she said she wanted pizza. he stopped and bought her a slice, brought us back to her house where my friend was (super shiesty of her to bounce on the sly like that, and i said so) and after we finally got the drunk girl in bed and mr. tea-and-snowflake-jam-cookies and i left. i told him i'd understand if he never wanted to hang out again (it was painful for me to think that he might think i was like her or that i always associate with people like her) but after a heart warming chat... etc., all was cleared up and i ended up liking him all the more.

and now to tie this evening into the inspiration... my favorite song. when mr. tea-and-snowflake-jam-cookies came to pick me up for an evening of unassuming chaos, i wasn't quite ready so he came inside. he was a bit amazed, i think, at the number of elvis memorabilia that i had laying about. i tried to describe how i love elvis and why and although it's a rather personal thing, i think he understood, and even if he didn't, i appreciate that he tried. sooo i can't pick a favorite song because i love all of elvis's music, but there is one title that comes to the forefront of my mind when asked this question and it's always Suspicious Minds

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 03-07-2015, 04:02 AM

ok so i am a little late to get back into this but i really like these categories so i shall continue!

january 11th, sunday!

something i never leave home without is probably my wallet, keys or phone. those are the lame or boring answers and i sometimes do leave home without them and it's always a pain. i'm just lucky i don't lock myself out that often *knocks on wood*. the more fun answer, and the one most like me is a book! i usually carry a bag when i leave the house and in it is my keys, wallet and phone, but also the latest book i've been reading. most people choose to have their faces in the cell phones of they have any free time, but i much prefer the comfort of the next chapter!

Last edited by Linnea; 03-07-2015 at 04:16 AM..

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 03-07-2015, 04:07 AM

january 12th, monday

this one is about my room... and anyone who knows me that my room is my sanctuary, my bat cave, and where i feel most comfortable and where i spend the most time. i've got blankets with satin edges, my trusty lap top and netflix, all of my books on shelves and stacked up so i can see them. i also have all the racing trophies i've ever won because i am very proud of them! another thing that is most overwhelming is amount of elvis presley memorabilia. he's pretty much everywhere because i love to see him on the daily. other things laying about are my most worn jewelry, little trinkets and toys that the people i care about have made/given me and cards and pictures from/of my family.

Last edited by Linnea; 03-07-2015 at 04:16 AM..

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 03-07-2015, 04:16 AM

tuesday, january 13th

i've been excited to write about this one: my favorite movie!
i go through phases usually in regards to what i'm watching over and over, my last phase was totally 'tangled' and although i really like that movie it's not my favorite.

what makes my favorite my favorite is that it's timeless. sure the fashion is off, it was the 80's after all, but the story is timeless, it's always good and always relates and always important. another factor is that is has quotes that are clever and thought provoking and make you feel what they feel. all that and a dash of love and comedy and you've got the makings of a favorite. i could go on and on, but it's best just to see it to see what i mean. the movie is '...say anything' and i've got to say, where's my lloyd dobbler?

Quote:
I am looking for a dare to be great situation.

Last edited by Linnea; 03-07-2015 at 04:30 AM..

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 03-07-2015, 04:21 AM

january 14th, wednesday

some days i feel like i am doing my dream job but then a kid is a raging butthole and i am ready for something new i guess i've always liked the idea that i am helping people learn important things that can make them be more independent and ready for the world once they are adults. i am pretty sure this is way off base from what i intended to do all those years of college and even before that. i had a passion to write sports. i thought it would be so dreamy to travel to watch games of my favorite sports, interview the players and write articles. it was combining two of my favorite loves; writing and sports.

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 03-07-2015, 04:25 AM

january 15th, thursday

I wish I could...
this one could get a little personal so i won't get into too much detail but one of the things i always wished was that when i get angry or really upset that i wouldn't cry and instead actually be able to vocalize and express the anger in a different and less "sad" way. the thing is, i'm not sad, i'm friggin pissed, but it looks like i'm sad because i just get so angry i overflow and it comes out my eyes... then you get the sad looks and the people who feel bad and try to hug me or rub my arm, but i'm angry! don't touch me, i'm rip roaring mad... you just don't see that... you see someone crying. grrr.....

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 04-17-2015, 02:46 PM

january 16th, friday

My favorite place will always be the place where i can drown out everything else that's going on with the sound of the crashing waves, the smell of the salty brine and watching the rolling grayish green waves lap along the shore and lick my feet. atlantic or pacific it's the same feeling although the sights are not quite the same. perhaps i was an ocean critter in a past life. makes sense

Last edited by Linnea; 04-17-2015 at 02:50 PM..

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 04-17-2015, 02:50 PM

january 17, saturday

as it's january in maine, i assume the weather on this day was frigid and cold... much like the winter heart of most mainers this time of year. snow is always imminent on the brink and we got very many snow storms this winter. so much so that when it started to melt, it gave mt bedroom water stains on the ceilings and walls... good thing i moved soon after!

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 04-17-2015, 03:51 PM

january 18, sunday

i haven't had a pet of my own in a very long time, years in fact. in january my roommate had a cat named Preston. he was the most loveable and snuggly fatty cat i have ever seen. this is him and me!

since then i have moved and now i have made a new kitty friend. my roommate now has a lovely black lady cat named Luna; aka luna-balloona, luny lovegood, luny-baffoony, etc. i don't have any pictures of her... maybe another time!

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 07-04-2015, 03:46 AM

so i know i' am going back in time here, but i still really like this whole idea and i'd love to answer all the questions so even though it's no longer january, i'm gonna do this! please ignore the time stamps >.>

January 19, Monday

yesterday i got a pretty spiffy something new in the mail, it's a gadget called a 'jawbone UP 24' and as i said, it's pretty spiffy! you wear it all the time and it tracks you when you're awake, how active you are and when you're asleep, how well you sleep. it was a plan to help me try to become more healthy and be a bit of a motivator. it's so easy to forget about our own well being while we are busy living life. i want to promptly get out of that habit and this might be a decent start

this is just like the one i have! persimmon!

Last edited by Linnea; 07-04-2015 at 03:55 AM..

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 07-04-2015, 03:56 AM

January 20, Tuesday

The last book i read was actually, and i'm a little bit ashamed to say it... was the third book in the fifty shades of grey trilogy. i know, i know, i know what you're thinking, "she's one of those types" well, no, that's not why i read it at all. for starters, i read a lot of books in a lot of different genres and age groups, i just love to read. i suppose a part of me was curious as i didn't know what all the hype was about. i mean, i know sex sells, but could it really be so great? well, it wasn't it was a bit repetitive and the only thing that kept me reading all the way through the third one was i wanted to know more about the leading man's history. blame it on my day job as a person who works with troubled children, and i know not all troubled children turn out this way obviously, but i guess i just wanted to see him 'cured' (for lack of a better term). i wanted to see if he could be a fully functioning human being again after such a childhood. it sort of gives me hope for the kiddos that i work with, that they can make it too. also, after reading this, i am really interested in adopting. some kids have it really hard and wouldn't it be just something special if i could help even one child have a better home life experience. anyways, yea... so who's to say that even the crappy books can't make you think?

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 07-05-2015, 04:19 PM

January 21 wednesday

for years i hated my middle name as it was the name of one of dad's girlfriends and needless to say i didn't like her very much. since that time, i've learned to accept it and how, even though we have the same one, it doesn't mean i am the same as her. anyways, it doesn't really matter now and since my mom gave that to me for no other reason that it works with my first name, so ya know, here it is... Lynn! and so much like my mene user name. i still prefer Lin though

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 07-05-2015, 04:31 PM

january 22, thursday

this is a bit of a vague topic, the zodiac, so i think it's probably most natural to go right to your very own zodiac. well, in terms of the chinese zodiac i was born in the year of the boar, which is fitting considering my substantially cuter version of a nickname, i received when i was first born (the nickname shall remain confidential hehe) anyways, moving on to astrological signs, i am one of the lucky ones who is on the cusp of cancer and leo. in the true sense of the definition, i do have attributes of both and i like it that way!

Last edited by Linnea; 07-05-2015 at 04:54 PM..

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 07-05-2015, 04:55 PM

january 23, friday

this might be one of my most favorite things to talk about! i absolutely love tattoos and i wish i had so much more! i have six with plans for more
the first one i got with my aunt, and it was also her first one too. it's a celtic weaved moon and stars on the right shoulder blade and a year later i got a celtic weaved sun to compliment the left shoulder blade. a few years later i got my most favorite piece and it's a blue and orange lotus on my rib cage. it hurt like hell but i absolutely love it. a few years after that i got four nautical stars on the inside of my left ankle which came out terrible; the ugliest things ever and not even lined up right. i found a more competent tattoo artist who fixed it and made it better and it's a loooot better! i had the same artist give me two harry potter inspired tattoos and i love them!