Midnight_Shadow
The Princess of Galantry

Old 05-19-2011, 11:55 PM

As Angela was clearing up breakfast, her mother answered the door. "Adara, dear, Adonis is here" she heard. That was her cue to leave the kitchen. She bolted to the front and into Adonis' arms. She pecked him quickly "good morning. How did you sleep?" she asked. "Enough of that, girl. You've been keeping something from us about that boy and I want to know what it is. Out with it! You're not pregnant are you?" her father asked. Angela turned to her father, mortified "Dad! I'm not pregnant! You should know me better than that!" she retorted. "What? Girl your age sometimes already had a child of their own. What are you protesting about?" he asked. "Yeah, but those girls are married!" Angela retorted. "Well, are you two getting married then?" he asked. Angela blushed and smiled. She turned to Adonis and kissed his cheek. "Well, that's a good enough answer for me. Congratulations you two, I need to head off to the Acropolis" her father said. he kissed his wife and daughter and turned to Adonis "do her right, or I will hunt you down, with the power of the gods behind me" he stated and walked off. Angela simply giggled and kissed Adonis' cheek.

Tad didn't want to leave his room. Leaving meant seeing Calista. He didn't want to see her. So, instead he continued to stare out his window, looking at the gifts of the gods. He could see the sea in the distance, the God Poseidon was doubtlessly blessing the sailors with the still waters. Perhaps he was there himself right now. Tad would meet him soon enough. He was one of the major deities they'd have to meet. Apollo and Aphrodite, too. Maybe they could get Dionysus to come to the Adonis and Angela's wedding. Then they could talk to him there. Then there was Artemis. Why they never spoke to her on their way to Athena, he'll never know. Wait a minute... Angela can house the gods... at least Artemis. What... what if they could find a way to do that for the rest of the gods? They wouldn't have to leave Athens and everybody would be happy! Physical form is useful, but they could easily take over Angela. It would be just as good!

Energized by the idea, Tad practically ran downstairs to tell Calista his idea, hardly remembering the pain anymore. "Calista! I think I just thought of a way to complete our quest without leaving Athens" he announced and pulled her away from the kitchen so he could tell her in private. Once they were alone, he told her his plan.

_AnaTolia_
*^_^*

Old 05-22-2011, 10:33 PM

Adonis soon arrived at Angela's house and gave her a big embrace. "I slept fine. I bet you did, too," he lied. He didn't want to cause her any more anxiety than what she had been worrying about now. Her hair had completely changed color, Artemis is stony silent, and her best friend would be off to see the rest of the gods and goddesses without her. His cheeks turned to a deep red once Angela's father asked if she was pregnant. Adonis looked down, just to hide his embarrassment, but he was sure that his cheeks were as red as the sunset the day before. 'Which reminds me, how are Calista and Tad? Things seemed strained the moment we went to his house the day before,' he thought. Adonis looked at her father and smiled. "I would never do anything to hurt your daughter, sir. I love her too much." He kissed her cheek in return. He was happy that her parents accepted their marriage. Now it was his mother they would tackle next.

"She wouldn't like that, you know." Calista mused, after listening to Tad's suggestion. "She would completely break. Besides, we aren't sure what the gods and goddesses would do once they take over Angela's body. It's too risky." She added, knowing that some Greek gods and goddesses were cunning and would probably wreak havoc on humankind just to entertain themselves. "And Angela is stubborn." She sighed, exasperated.

Midnight_Shadow
The Princess of Galantry

Old 05-22-2011, 10:42 PM

"Hey, mom, Adonis and I need to get going. I'll see you tonight, alright?" Angela told her mother. "Alright, dear. Take care of yourself" she wished and then headed towards the kitchen. Angela smiled and grabbed Adonis' hand "alright... time to take care of your mother" she said and pulled him out of the house. "Now... tell me the truth. Did you sleep well?" she asked.

Tad sighed and nodded "I know... but it wouldn't hurt to ask. I mean, this way, it can just get done. You and I won't have to be gone all the time. You'll actually be here to help her plan the wedding. It's just an idea. If she says no, then fine. We'll just go the slow way. But I'd rather ask her then never know" he said and walked off. Too much time in Calista's presence. It was driving him insane.

_AnaTolia_
*^_^*

Old 05-31-2011, 12:21 AM

Adonis scratched his head, his eyes darting here and there. "No, I didn't." He said, a sad smile on his face. "Sorry dear, but I was too excited to sleep. I just can't believe we're going to be married." Adonis then placed a small kiss on her lips, just to prove his point.

"I guess we co-" Calista was cut off at Tad abruptly walking off. She rubbed her arms. All this was getting between them. 'Isn't that what you wanted? Some time off?' She thought, sighing. Ali had to wonder, if all this could be done, then she would not miss Angela's wedding. And if they took the long way instead, the two might get on the trip just to get it done, but then they would miss the wedding.

Midnight_Shadow
The Princess of Galantry

Old 05-31-2011, 01:10 AM

As much as Adonis' kiss thrilled her, Angela couldn't hold back a sigh "Adonis... you need to sleep. Excited or not, you need to sleep. Promise me that you'll try. And you'll tell me if something's wrong or worrying you. Ok?" she begged, taking his face into her hands. "Promise me" she urged before they continued to his home so they could tell his mother about the wedding. Of course, once the announcement had been made, then came the wedding planning, which was a daunting thought.