Goblin Maiden
SUPAH KITTEH HAPPEH POWAH.

Old 04-02-2011, 06:10 PM

Corelie munched on a delicate cookie while attempting to appear delicate and ladylike, herself. She honestly did not know how well she was upholding that image, however. Pausing to sip at her glass of punch, she gazed around the room, feeling a pang of loneliness hit her.

Her mother had told her to come to this ball... to stop sequestering herself away in her room, occupied only with her books and piano... to actually 'make friends' and 'have fun for once in her life' and, worst of all, 'maybe, if you're lucky, find a beau.'

The blonde girl sighed and dropped her gaze to the floor, her mask of cool indifference faltering for a moment. It seemed that she could never please her mother in that respect. Corelie herself LIKED her books and her piano. She could occupy herself with them for hours and not get bored. They were all the friends she really needed. Or at least, so she constantly told herself.

She had to admit, though, that standing around nibbling food was not the most interesting of pastimes, especially at a grand ball such as this one. Nobody had as of yet asked her to dance, and if memory served, it was not appropriate for ladies such as herself to do the asking of the men.

Corelie brightened a bit as she thought of something to do... or rather, something that her mother had told her to do. 'Don't forget to greet the hostess of the ball. Don't stutter, keep your chin up, and don't disgrace me with idle blabber.'

"Excuse me," Corelie asked the nearest guest with as much grace as she could summon up, "would you happen to know where the hostess of this event is?"

"You mean Miss Karin Senai? I believe that I saw her over on that side of the ballroom a few moments ago." The lady Corelie asked gestured with her fan.

"Thank you." The blonde girl bobbed a curtsy and headed off in the direction indicated. She was already on the other side of the room when realization struck her:

She had no idea what Miss Karin Senai looked like. She only had the name on the invitation; it was her mother who had made the woman's acquaintance, not herself!

Well, Corelie Magess was nothing if not determined once she set her mind to something. She strode over to a small group standing just to her left and coughed lightly to gain their attention.

"Pardon me for interrupting you," she laughed. "I was just wondering if you knew where I could find the hostess, Miss Karin Senai?"

The Stories Whispered
Can't Be Stopped
Send a message via AIM to The Stories Whispered Send a message via Yahoo to The Stories Whispered

Old 04-03-2011, 05:14 AM

Karin turned around as she heard her name stated. "Hm? Someone call me?"
As she turned,her blond hair trailed from behind,along with her navy dress. She turned to Corelie.
"Yes...and whom are you acquainted with? What is your name,my dear?"

flamethrower1391
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via Yahoo to flamethrower1391

Old 04-03-2011, 11:13 PM

"Thank you. And it's nice meeting you, too." Jayson couldn't help but think the girl was attractive. "My parents wanted me to get out of the house, and Nova's parents wants her to find a suitor, knowing that she'll just rebel against them." He put an elbow on the piano with his head in his hand. Should I ask her to dance? I don't come to these things. Are guys supposed to ask?

Novalee shrugged. "[b]Sure." She took the boy's hand. Never before had someone asked her to dance. It was an odd sensation.

Katie Scarlett Divine
"Life never favored weakness. On...

Old 04-03-2011, 11:53 PM

"Oh.. well mine sent me to find a suitor as well." She said, leaning back on the piano. She had no clue what to do while Ace those two danced, so she took another sip of her drink.

He pulled her to the dance floor and started to Waltz with her. "So tell me about yourself.." He said, twirling her and giving a small grin.

(Sorry its short, gotta go do chores > . < ))

Goblin Maiden
SUPAH KITTEH HAPPEH POWAH.

Old 04-04-2011, 03:47 PM

Corelie blushed, as she knew that she was not really acquainted with anyone in particular. Except...

"W-well," she stammered slightly, trying to compose herself, "The Countess Aralie Magess is my mother. Unfortunately her health has not been the best these days, so I accepted the invitation in her place."

Good, Corelie thought to herself. That sounded well enough; exactly what her mother had told her to say, as well.

"Oh! And my name..." Corelie swept a slight curtsy as she tried not to mumble, "My name is Corelie Magess. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Lady Senai."

'Make small talk! Prove to me that mouth is good for more than singing useless ditties along with that piano!' Her mother had said.

Corelie squared her shoulders and asked, "H-how are you enjoying the ball so far, Lady Senai? Is it quite up to your expectations?"

The Stories Whispered
Can't Be Stopped
Send a message via AIM to The Stories Whispered Send a message via Yahoo to The Stories Whispered

Old 04-04-2011, 09:38 PM

"I was expecting more people,but this shall do...I'm still awaiting my fiance,though. I don't know what's taking him so long..." she sighed,sitting politely on a small yet royal stool. "I have yet to present my surprise, or even set it up in the least..." she scoffed again...

Last edited by The Stories Whispered; 04-05-2011 at 11:06 PM..

bane_of_death

Old 04-05-2011, 02:03 PM

Zack looked over to the host and smiled to her kindly, hearing her out for a moment. it was nice to finally be some place where he didn't have to do business but then again he was always good at that, raising her hand up zack smiled to her softly " thank you, please enjoy yourself today. " spoke Zack as he walked off to the snacks to have a drink, personally he didn't care for the dancing bit of the party but to watch it go on. looking threw the drinks that were available he took the one of his choosing and sat down in a chair to enjoy his drink and the party in his own way.

flamethrower1391
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-06-2011, 05:54 PM

Jayson was a little nervous to ask. "Would you like to dance?"

Novalee had to admit that Ace was a great dancer. Of course, she had never danced with anyone before, but if he never stepped on her foot and dropped her, than he had to be good. "What would you like to learn?"

Katie Scarlett Divine
"Life never favored weakness. On...

Old 04-06-2011, 07:52 PM

Scarlett nodded and took his hand, leading him out onto the dance floor. "I'd love to dance with you." She said, letting go of his hands and putting her hands on his shoulders. "So..do you go to dances often?" She asked, blushing a little and looking to the ground. He was a pretty attractive boy, so she was happy that she had been asked to dance by him.

Ace smirked. "Anything you want to tell me. Like what are your hobbies? Or what's your family like?" He asked, looking down at her with a small smile. She was a very beautiful girl, so he wished to get to know her better.

flamethrower1391
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-07-2011, 01:15 AM

Jayson followed the girl out onto the dance floor and put his arms around her waist. "Not often. I rarely do." He was still nervous. He didn't know how to dance, and he asked a very pretty girl to dance with him.

"I like to draw a lot. My parents are strict. I can't get away with much. My siblings, well we fight a lot. Now I'd like to know the same about you." Novalee smiled up at the boy. She was actually enjoying herself despite what she thought earlier.

bane_of_death

Old 05-30-2011, 05:12 AM

Standing up from his seat were he was at Zack looked around the room for the moment thinking that there was barely anyone coming threw the doors to join this great party that they were in, sighing to himself in literal disappointment of not finding any girl that was not taken he made his way to the tables that were laced in delicious food. picking up a place he started placing all the food groups of the table on to his place to to entertain himself added to the fact that he was very hungry and depressed about how his life was so far, one of his best friends was away on a very long holiday and the girl he loved dearly had moved away to a different country to find out she was getting married today. Well regardless he was here to have a good time and to finish putting items on his plate, nodding to having all the foods he needed he carried at least two full plates back to his table as he started eating all the good stuff first leaving the bitter and unhealthy stuff for last as well.

RebelFey
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-01-2011, 01:21 AM

Anna Myst walked through the doors and into the grand party she had been invited to. She was a bit late because she had had to to wait until her father was asleep to sneak out. She wasn't a disobedient child, but this might be one of the last times she could talk to guys without her father looking over her shoulder and sabotaging her relationships. Don't get Anna wrong-she loved her father dearly, but he could be selfish at times.

The girl could see two couples already on the dance floor. Anna decided to head over to the food. [I]If I need to start a conversation I could just make comment about the food[/I she thought with a grin. At the table was a guy about her age.

"Hi" said Anna softly with a sweet smile.