Shadami
the one and only

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Shadami

Old 08-09-2014, 03:34 PM

This is the Official Unofficial Menewshan Cook book.

Feel free to just chat about the foods you see, or post a recipe. I will link to the post with the recipe in the category post it fits into.

You may fancy up the post however you feel like of course. even use a recipe card from online. Whatever you would like. :] If you indicate that you would like something put into the appetizers as oppossed to a meal for example. i will of course follow through on that wish.

A request i make, that of course does not NEED to be followed through on is the following:

Prep Time: _____Cook Time: ______
Makes: ___________ (servings or what not)
Ingredients:

If you just like to list the recpie itself and not these individual pieces that is perfectly all right. I just enjoy knowing these other tidbits. It helps me prepare the meals later. :D

Last edited by Shadami; 08-09-2014 at 03:52 PM..

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 08-09-2014, 03:35 PM

Comet Toast
Quote:
Originally Posted by teacupmouse
Boiled eggs comets served along toasted whole wheat bread in the shape of comet tails.
Gingerbread Pancakes

SPOILERX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siaasgn
I love making pancakes and I was thinking about trying a new recipe I found in my cookbook and I decided . . . Yumeh pancakes would be delish!!

I mixed up the batter and started cooking, and Yumeh looked so lonely I made him some stars and a moon, and he went and ate one!!!

These are all gingerbread pancakes (recipe to follow) - Yumeh's eyes are hershey kisses and his mouth ad whiskers are made from chocolate syrup.
Quote:
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
2 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp ground allspice
1/8 tsp ground cloves
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups milk
3 Tbsp melted butter
2 Tbsp brown sugar
1 Tbsp molasses (or 1 more Tbsp brown sugar)
In large bowl stir together both flours, baking powder, and spices
In medium bowl beat the eggs. Beat in the milk, butter, brown sugar, and molasses.
Add the milk mix to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. The batter may have some lumps.
Heat a skillet over medium-high heat until a drop of water dances across the surface before evaporating. Brush the skillet with butter or oil. Drop 1/4 cup of batter onto pan, cook until one or two bubbles burst, turn and cook until golden on the bottom.

Last edited by Shadami; 09-15-2015 at 09:20 PM..

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Broccoli and cheese Stuffed Burgers - by TaiyoTsuki
Star Power
Quote:
Home made curry chicken salad sandwiches with white bread cut into star patterns

Last edited by Shadami; 09-15-2015 at 08:57 PM..

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Monterray Jack-O-Lantern Pizza By Jaz

Fright Night Chili By Roocee

Haunted dinner by Black Kat

Bloody Guts by Black Kat

Quote:
Originally Posted by black kat
Lets be honest, this is just spaghetti XD
Bacon Topped Meatloaf by Shadami

Vegetarian Soup by MercyGrim96

Hungarian Chicken Paprikash

Last edited by Shadami; 09-27-2016 at 12:04 PM..

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 08-09-2014, 03:36 PM

Cosmic Salad
Quote:
Pasta salad with tri color star shaped pasta, black olives, cucumber and spices. Tossed with a balsamic vinaigrette. Served chilled
Celestial Kebobs
Quote:
Orange suns and kiwi moons, strawberries, blueberries, red grapes, cantaloupe, pineapple, and honeydew melon.
Broccoli and Chocolate

SPOILERX

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndiGlo
Everything went wrong with this one. The first white chocolate I melted had the consistency of chalk so I had to discard it. Every time I tried to put stuff by the blue water...said water would get everywhere. The chocolate covering Yumeh wouldn't dry and blahhh. I must be crazy trying to form chocolate when it is in the triple digits outside....the melting occurred all within about a minute...... Oh and I accidentally forgot to include my little fishy...but everything was just going downhill so fast that I had to take a picture before it died completely. Hate it...
Snow White's Poison Apple By Jaz

Bat Wing Coleslaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz
It is more or less the colors that matter in this one! Purple, Black, Orange... It does have pumpkin seeds though! But as I was making it I realized how much the cabbage looked like a bats wing (hence the name!) So I attempted to make the whole dish look like a bat!
"Rotten" eggs By Black Kat

Quote:
Basically like deviled eggs but I mixed food coloring to make them green x) These and the mice were probably the biggest hit xD and this was so simple to do! I've done them again for larger family parties and with different colors and... maybe it's just my family but they think it's a hoot!

Last edited by Shadami; 06-01-2016 at 01:35 PM..

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 08-09-2014, 03:36 PM

Peanut Butter Muesli Munch

SPOILERX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiglo
Recipe: Muesli (aka Hippie Cereal....made by some Swedish guy), Creamy Peanut Butter, Cocoa Powder, Vanilla Extract. Frozen in the freezer. I guess this was coming for a while, I discovered Muesli while in Germany this summer, I saw Disturbia (he takes a spoonful of Crunchy PB and dips it in chocolate), and then my family made homemade ice cream yesterday....so the ingredients accrued over the summer. All coming together today in an "AHA!!" moment. Needless to say that my Mom was shocked I had created something and that I had cleaned it up afterwards...though she enjoyed the result.
The little piece off to the side is part of an apple, a trick I learned from my Mom that if you cut an apple a certain way, the seeds make a nifty little star shape.
Design on plate by fudge and the grain bits are from the muesli itself, piping by plastic baggy...blah blah blah.
Coconut Peanut Butter Banana Bits

SPOILERX

[/URL]

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiglo
Creamy Peanut Butter, crushed Banana Chips, Bakers Shredded Coconut, Vanilla Extract. Frozen for a bit, shaped and then frozen again till solid.
Slightly funny bit, I was going to melt down some white chocolate to form it into a decorative element (having done this before). I popped it in the microwave and was paranoid, but after three rounds at 25 seconds and no melting, I left it in for 45 seconds. I come back to charred white chocolate ; A;
So I scratched that idea and may save it for a different entry. Again with the fudge...seriously, brown is not the most interesting color.....
Milky Way Brownie Cake

SPOILERX

Quote:
Originally Posted by sad_girlformat
Ah... I was thinking of the milky way... if you stare at the second image long enough, you'll believe that you're in outer space!! XD Chewy brownies with peanut butter swirls, Cocoa puffs as asteroids, icing sugar to distinguish the Milky way.
I think these would probably be fantastic with a glass of Milk on the side ^.~

Summer Fun in Menewsha Cake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouynaka
Chocolate/vanilla cake mix, eggs, oil, water, vanilla frosting with blue/purple gel frosting, various hard candies M&ms to indicate water swells XD, paper girls because every time i tired to make a person the were to big or fell apart. The tree is made out of brown ice cream cones and licorice type green stuff XD..i know the kids like it. Candles as "street "lamps" When i was about to get some of it to eat my hubby droped it on the floor XD poor cake never got to eat you
Menewshan Cake
Quote:
Originally Posted by starladyplace
Step 1 ) I softened 250g of butter in the mircowave for about 3 seconds. Then put it in a stainless steel mixing bowl. Add 1 tsp of vanilla essence and 250g of caster sugar. Mixed for about 1.5 minutes with an electric beater.
Step 2 ) Add 5 eggs while still mixing with the beater, continue to mix for 5 minutes.
Step 3 ) Add 100g of choco powder and mix again. Then add 250ml of thickened cream and mix again.
Step 4 ) Put aside the electric beater and using a cake spatula; fold inn 50g of plain flour and 200g of self-raising flour.
Step 5 ) After the mixture has been stirred properly, scoop the mixture into a baking tin that has been sprayed with canola oil. Spread the mixture to the sides of the baking tin, leave 1.5cm for the cake to raise.

I bought premade icing and used these funky tubes of coloured jelly to draw the word 'Menewsha' and the mascot. They are called "cake mate". The symbols are made out of these shiney silver ball things my mum had. My mum gave me the instructions for the cake but I made it. I'd never made a cake before so when I used the beater, the mixture flew everywhere! lol
Menewsha Marshmellow Cake
Quote:
Originally Posted by mouynaka
Okay this was hard to make because the only thing i had big enough beside the baking pan was the cookie sheet. so no pretty plate to put it on.

Its ingredients are cake mix, eggs, oil, water, andies candy, Pocky, gold fish, peanut butter cups, frostings of various colors, gel frosting, bead candies, long candy thingies X.x marshmallows (lots XD) Hersey's bar, almonds joys.

I had a hard time taking pictures because my web cam is not big enough and the cake was too big xD but i did it in a few seconds so it shouldn't look to back. I haven't eaten it yet but when i do i know it will be good xD While i was taking pictures my daughters kept trying to come over and eat parts of it including trying to steal the kitties fishy XD. my favorite part was doing the andies candy tree. the lady was hard to do and i got bumped by my hubby while pouring out the rainbow candies XD. it was fun. took about 2 hours to do XD
Mommy's Psychedelic Marshmallow Mummies! By Jaz

SPOILERX

Spooky Brownies
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychominako
So yeah, not the most creative thing, but I did have to hand mix all the colors from white frosting. Plus fight off a hungry hubby who snagged one of the bats wings when I wasn't looking. *grumbles* And even though taste doesn't matter, he wanted to make sure everyone knew "They're DEELISHIOUS!!" Per him. :P
Candy Apple Mouse

Quote:
THEY WERE AWESOME, so messy! Basically just how it looks >.> Apple slice, stick a tail, cover in caramel and I had like cookie decorating stuff for the nose and eyes.
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookies

Apple Cinnamon rolls.

Last edited by Shadami; 11-09-2016 at 12:59 AM..

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 08-09-2014, 03:37 PM

Cherry Buzz Punch by Nephila
Champagne Float By Sushi_mew
Sun Tea
Quote:
Home made sun tea with a touch of cinnamon and a splash of apple juice. Garnished with orange suns and kiwi moons.
Muddy Water Liqour and Iced Pumpkin by Black Kat

Last edited by Shadami; 06-01-2016 at 01:40 PM..

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 08-09-2014, 03:43 PM

-Opens the Cookbook-

Well look at all these delicious sounding recipes. *flips through the many, and growing pages*

TaiyoTsuki: sushi_mew: BellyButton:

You've just gotta come check out these recipies!

---------- Post added 08-09-2014 at 12:16 PM ----------

zigbigadorlube: I'm going to actually ping you in as well. Don't kill me >.< Cause I would love to add your recipes from the event as well.

@taiyo. If you repost the burger recipie with the image I will swap out the link so they're combined.

Nephila: i should ping you in as well since i posted a link to your recipies.

Last edited by Shadami; 08-09-2014 at 11:53 PM..

sushi_mew
(。⌒∇⌒)&...
Penpal

Old 08-11-2014, 02:33 AM

Thanks for the ping! hopefully the thread can help with dinner plans! (:

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 08-11-2014, 11:22 PM

I hope so. I'll be getting some recipie posts up myself soon as I get some time.

TaiyoTsuki
Raging Asexual

Old 08-18-2014, 06:38 PM

@ Shadami: Yay! It's here!

Recipe:

Broccoli & Cheese Stuffed Burgers
-1 pound ground meat (any kind that suits your fancy)
-1/2 to 1 head of fresh garlic
-1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
-1 tablespoon onion powder
-1/4 cup broccoli
-1 ounce package ranch dip
-cheddar cheese

1) Start by blanching the broccoli in boiling water. This should take between 5 and 10 minutes, depending on how much eat you use on the stove. Drain and rinse with cold water, and set aside.

2) In a large bowel, mixing the meat, fresh garlic, onion powder, garlic powder, and ranch dip. Add crackers or bread crumbs as needed.

3) To stuff the burgers, you essentially make them in two halves; you make the bottom half, add the cheese and broccoli, and then seal the top half on. A good way to seal the stuffing in is to pinch around the sides. If you want to gild the lily, feel free to press another piece of cheese into the top.

4) Finally, bake at 375 degrees for between 40 and 50 minutes. Or, if you prefer, grill them up or cook them in a frying pan or a skillet as you would a regular burger. When you're plating up, you can top with a bit more leftover blanched broccoli, if you have any.

Alexander J Luthor
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-18-2014, 08:00 PM

The first time broccoli and cheese has ever sounded good.

TaiyoTsuki
Raging Asexual

Old 08-18-2014, 09:05 PM

XD
Glad to make your day.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 08-20-2014, 07:58 PM

yay!! Taiyo I'm gonna edit your post :D

and I'm going to be posting some recipies as well. I just went on vacation so just getting baack.

TaiyoTsuki
Raging Asexual

Old 08-21-2014, 08:44 PM

Nice.
I'm probably going to be using this place to post all my edible creations from now on, since my deviantART fiasco.
Also, I'll make sure my username is in all the food photos I take to put up here, so as to prove that yes, it is mine.

Alexander J Luthor
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-21-2014, 10:40 PM

I should have taken a picture of the chicken I made. Oh well! Tonight I'll probably make more. Barbeque with thigh meat.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 08-22-2014, 02:16 PM

Sounds good Alex.

and Yay! i can't wait to see more of your recipies Taiyo. When I make recipies from you guys. I'll be taking pictures and than list is as "Shadami's attempt" or something silly like that.

TaiyoTsuki
Raging Asexual

Old 08-27-2014, 10:38 PM

XD Nice.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 08-28-2014, 10:15 PM

Hmmm... should I post my meatloaf recipie? Cause It kinda turned out.. sloppy joe consistency more than lasagna. xD

TaiyoTsuki
Raging Asexual

Old 08-30-2014, 05:10 AM

XD That's your call.

Alexander J Luthor
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-30-2014, 09:25 AM

Post it! I need a reason to eat more loaf.

TaiyoTsuki
Raging Asexual

Old 08-30-2014, 10:53 PM

Meatloaf is good, as long as the person making it can cook XD.

I've got a cheesy ranch recipe that I like to use. Good for burgers, too.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 08-31-2014, 05:52 AM

Omg.. i called the meatloaf lasagna there.. wow I must have been tired. and I still am. And yay! Guys!!! i got the pictures off my phone FINALLY. so uploading them to imgur tomorrow and than will post the full recipie. It's a rather long one. so.. <3

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 08-31-2014, 08:09 PM

Bacon topped meatloaf

Ingredients:
1 cup wheat breadcrumbs
1/2 cup milk (I use 1%)
1 leek, minced
2 celery stalks minced
1 pound of ground beef
2 cups oatmeal ( I use baby cereal)
1/2 cup grated Parmesan (or sprinkle cheese as i call it.)
1/2 cup carrot puree (or carrot baby food 4 oz jar)
1/4 cup of ketchup (really tasty using homemade ketchup)
1 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 cup bottled tomato sauce
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
4 slices of bacon

Instructions:
1) preheat the oven to 350 and spray a 9x5 loaf pan with cooking spray.
2) In a large bowl soak the breadcrumbs in the milk.
3) Heat a large skillet over medium-high, than add oil when hot. (about 2 tablespoons of olive oil to be healthier) Than add leek and cook about 7-10 minutes stirring occasionally. Just want to brown up the leek a tiny bit.
4) Add the celery and cook 3-4 minutes longer. Than scrape mixture into bowl with breadcrumbs.
5) Add beef, Parmesan, carrot puree, ketchup, salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, and oatmeal to bowl. Stir to combine. (or just mush with your hands to really fold all the ingredients in nicely.)
6) mold the mixture into the pan, smoothing the top. add tomato sauce on top, than lay strips of bacon across.
7) Cook for 45-50 minutes. The bacon should just begin to brown, and the center of meatloaf should no longer be pink.

Chef's Comments:
This is a new recipe I came up with adapting others I've seen. It has not turned out perfect yet, as it was more liquidy than I expected. But I had made a double batch to try to feed my very hungry family. I think I missed something when i did the double because it was more crumbly than I had expected. Was still very delicious though!

Prep time is about 15 minutes.

TaiyoTsuki
Raging Asexual

Old 11-13-2014, 12:23 AM

Ohh that sounds noms .
Also I made burgers a couple weeks ago, where I put some french onions and shredded carrots in them...sadly, I did not write down the recipe!