Flink
FRINKZIRRA
Send a message via AIM to Flink Send a message via MSN to Flink Send a message via Yahoo to Flink

Old 04-11-2008, 12:11 AM

That's right. Flink's in a private RP. Oh the horror!

Flink's Characters:
(Flink is starting out with one, Leona, hope you don't mind)

Name: Edward Lakis
Race: Human
Looks: Thin and tall are two words most would use to describe Edward. He stands at 6'3" and is slightly muscled from his work, but not too much making him appear rather lanky to some. His skin is tanned and shows signs that he spends a lot of time in the sun, including freckles on his face that go across his nose and on each of his cheeks.

His eyes are a light brown, looking like they were at one time a darker colour but have somehow faded over time or maybe from some other incident. Though they haven't and they have always been that colour. His hair is also a light brown, lighter still and turning blond in some places due to the sun which he works every day in. The length of his hair goes to just below his jawline, about an inch below.

Edward's choice of clothing for the ship ride is very different from his clothing that he works in. He tries his best to look the gentleman for the people he is there to impress and convince that his farm is the right choice for the fruit they need for their products. In this regard he wears suits, all of the colourless variety except for his tie which holds a bit of colour. Usually his suits are medium grey, charcoal, or even black in colour. His ties vary from blue, to red, even a few purple ones here and there. His shoes LOOK expensive when in fact they're just knockoffs from some really expensive brand and do the part rather nicely since they're black and shiny.
History: Edward isn't a self made man, but he's as close as you can get without starting from absolutely nothing. A great grandfather of many generations back and too many greats to tell started it all by finding a good bit of land, getting it for really cheap, and doing what was needed to get it in the best farming condition it could be in. Since then his family has been taught about farming and has farmed that bit of land using the things that man did to keep the ground fertile. Even females have farmed, in turn teaching their daughters and sons how to farm.

Since he was old enough Edward had helped his mother farm, her being one of the females to take lead, his father took over in a business stand point marketing the farm for all it was worth and making Lakis Farms a well known name all over the world. His father also taught Edward business along with the farming he was taught so he could do both when he took over, which is what he does now. Edward even took the time to go to school getting a degree before he officially took over the business and the farm.
Reason for Riding the Ship: Edward is on the ship to impress some business men into using fruit from his farm to make a product since the farm they previously used ended up closing down due to shady goings on.

Leona of the Zodiac
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Leona of the Zodiac

Old 04-12-2008, 02:39 AM

Leona Charries:

((Im staritng off with one, the main girl will be introduced with the er, air pirate plotbunny :P Ill add her to this list then :3))

((I R stealing your form :3))

Name: Howard Stalwart
Race: Human
Looks:
Eyes: Hazel, they're basically a vivid green rimmed with brown
Hair: Very long and brown in color, usually pulled back into a light braid. Almost never seen with it down or short.
Height: 6'3"
Build: Lean, actually a bit gangly because of his height
Accessories:
Gloves- A pair of brown leather gardening gloves. He rarely takes them off.. and if he ever does it usually means trouble is coming. BIG trouble.
Goggles- He likes the fashion sense?
Glasses: Rose tinted glasses, these are actually prescription now. They were for decoration until his eyes were damaged in a fire. He has a few different pairs, although occasionally just wears contacts as well.
Clothing: Almost always shades of brown, pink, and green. Earthy colors, oriental style dress mixed with western. Hes creative.

History: Howard didn't exactly come form the happiest of households, and found himself bounced around in the foster system quite a bit. So as such, it was hard for him to get attached to people. But he realized, quickly, he had an affinity for plants and they really would not go anywhere. So from a very young age he studied them, and entered into collage to train as a master gardener. Getting this title at the mere age of 25, work is usually very easy for him to find.

It should be noted, however, he is not very good with people and tends to fumble with his words, or be ultra polite.

Reason for being on the ship: Howard is here as a consultant to a few businessmen aboard, for any questions they may have.

Picture:

Flink
FRINKZIRRA
Send a message via AIM to Flink Send a message via MSN to Flink Send a message via Yahoo to Flink

Old 04-12-2008, 07:58 AM

Edward couldn't believe he was doing this, spending money he earned to impress a bunch of tight-necked suit wearers as his father always called them, but the farm could use the business and growth was always a good thing. For now, however, his problem was finding his room which he'd spent the last 30 minutes looking for. The ship was huge and it'd taken him 20 of those 30 minutes to figure out the numbering system and the last ten was just spent looking at each and every door twice to make sure he didn't look over the number.

He looked once more to the paper in his hand and frowned almost slapping himself on the forehead as he looked up to see his room right across from him. Feeling so relieved, Edward almost tripped over his own luggage, cursing below his breath as he pulled the key from his pocket and unlocked the door,
"Man this ship is huge. I'll have to leave for each meeting an hour early to find the place." He continued to mutter to himself as he moved each of his bags into the room, using the smallest to prop open the door in the meantime, and finally just plopped on the bed with the door still open when he had all four bags in the room, "Last time I let someone else pack my luggage. I could have fit all of this into two bags, tops."

((Not only did you steal my form, you stole his height! You thief! XD))

Leona of the Zodiac
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-12-2008, 06:37 PM

((*Giggles* Man, I so forgot about that! Actually, part of his bio I used a preexisting bio I had typed up. I couldn't copy/paste that bio however since it involved Howie being a mage, and I decided to take a more realistic route in this rp :3))

'...Why oh why did I ever take this job?' Howard thought to himself. He supposed it was because despite his fancy title, he still needed to pay off his college debts. And, actually, with this last job he would do just that. Then he could finally relax, and retire to a life of private gardening. Okay, well maybe not retire. But... he could find a job he liked. No... a career!

At least he was but a consultant here, and as such he only had to deal with the businesspeople a few hours out of his day. Right, he could handle this, he could! But all of these people! Yikes! He was a slight people-phobic still it would seem, and as such he dashed quickly towards his room trying to avoid masses of people along the way.

Certainly not the easy task.

Arriving in his room however, he sighed deeply. This was his first time on an airship... it felt so strange to be away from the ground and its plants. Which was why he brought a few potted ones with him. Setting these up, he finally relaxed, taking off his small glasses with a sigh.

"It will all be over in a week, tops..."
he reminded himself with a light smile. For the meetings ahead he would wear his nicest attire, and then after talking with the suits he could relax again, right here. He'd get through this!

Flink
FRINKZIRRA

Old 04-12-2008, 11:28 PM

Edward had long since settled in and was getting ready for his first meeting with the business men by the time that the airship was in the air and floating peacefully along. Each of his many ties were laid on the bed and he was stuck on the decision of which one he wanted to wear the most right at that moment.

Finally settling on his one green tie he went over in his head the steps to tie it correctly while watching himself in the mirror,
"I should have bought clip ons. Then again I can do this..." He finished the final step for the tie and surveyed it, finally content that it was in fact done correctly and on straight. He practiced his businessman smile, which was exactly like his usual smile and headed out of the room and got to the end of the hallway before running back to his room and scrambling to open the door. Inside the room he grabbed his map of the ship and a small orange tree and a few apples he'd had to sneak onto the ship.

Checking to make sure he now had everything he needed, Edward exited his room and headed to the room which he'd have dinner and his first business meeting with the suits.

Leona of the Zodiac
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-13-2008, 04:29 AM

((Since I am gonna end up forgetting anyways, Im returning to my default color of choice for rps, indigo :3 Ill still bold spoken words if you want though, okay? And yes, poor Howie is always this nervous around people. *grins*))

Howard sighed deeply, double checking that his long chestnut hair was securely in its braid. He had on his favorite emerald green silk shirt, the one with the eastern style collar, and pink trim. One sleeve was long, and the other was kept short. He had this with his best brown gloves, not the sort he used for gardening but for looking 'good.' Adjusting his glasses, he checked that his boots didn't have dirt then nodded to himself and set out for the meeting.

He was just glad he didn't have to bring anything, just himself and his brains! Oh he certainly oped this farmer was a nice guy. Although he could not let personality go against his judgement! But, still.

'Okay Howard, time to suck this up,' he thought to himself, taking in a deep breath. 'You can do this... you're just here to listen...' And as such, he walked the hallways towards his destination.

'I can do this...'
he thought to himself, determined. 'They just need my opinion is all...' Sadly, Howard knew they only hired him because he didn't ask for as much as those older than him would have. But it was alright. He just had to dot his job well, and no worrying about college tuition costs ever again!

Flink
FRINKZIRRA

Old 04-14-2008, 11:33 PM

Edward... was lost. The look on his face probably showed it to everyone who passed by him, but sadly all of them chose to ignore him. Maybe his height intimidated them or the fact that he was holding a plant and some fruit must have made them think he was crazy.

Continuing on his way down the hall he was on, Edward reached for the map of the ship he'd been looking at for the past 30 minutes, and was very thankful he left almost an hour before hand,
"Maybe if I flip it this way. I've tried all of the others." He flipped the map over, location the room closest to him, which was his room. Frowning he muttered some curses below his breath, fixing the plant under his arm, "And to think, farmers are supposed to have a good sense of direction."

Once more Edward headed out, this time making sure to keep the map the way he was currently holding it and tried his best to stop someone, anyone with an occasional, "Excuse me", but most of the people ignored him, others just shook their head because they didn't know where the room he was looking for was located.

Leona of the Zodiac
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-15-2008, 12:09 AM

Okay, not much further. Not much further at all really, Howard had already memorized the plans in his mind and the best routes to avoid traffic. He did NOT want to screw up after all. He hated owing people, and the thought of holding onto his college debts for anotehr years certainly made him cringe! As he walked, however, he could not help but notice another man trying to get directions. He blinked a moment, not usually one to approach people.

It... helped the man had a plant under his arm he supposed. He had a few minutes to spare, not many. He knew he should help. Gathering his reserves, he nodded to himself and walked up towards the man. "Perhaps I can help Sir," Howard commented, pushing up his small glasses with a gloved hand. "Can you tell me the room which you are looking for?"

His eyes however, could not help but gaze towards the plant, and it brought a light smile to Howard's face. Strange how a plant could ease his mind. But that wasn't why he smiled here. It was because he could tell this plant was very well taken care of, and despite himself it made Howard curious. But that wasn;t the question on hand, and he brought back his attention towards the man he addressed.

Flink
FRINKZIRRA

Old 04-15-2008, 12:26 AM

Edward had almost given up getting someone to help when a man approached him. Breathing a sigh of relief he moved the plant once more, careful of the leaves and blooms the plant currently had. "Actually, you can, I'm looking for the Miller State Room, see I have a meeting there and I tried leaving plenty early since this ship's so huge. However my extra hour is almost up and I have around 15 minutes to make it there."

He knew he should probably be ashamed of not knowing his way, but it was beyond his control. Luckily for him once he found the room this time it wouldn't be a problem from now on since they agreed to have all of the meetings in that one room. He'd have been in deep trouble if they wanted to have them in different rooms each time, very deep trouble.

Leona of the Zodiac
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-15-2008, 12:39 AM

Howard blinked a moment, when he heard the name of the room, and couldn't help but shake his head a slight. "Actually... I can take you there myself," he replied. "I have a meeting there in a few minutes," he explained this, laughing lightly as he started the way.

"Quite the coincidence really, but a good one I suppose! I'd introduce myself here, but it is perhaps best we do so in the meeting," he added. He certainly, after all, didn't want his employers to think he would have a bias, or give them a reason to doubt their decision to hire him!

"I am there as their adviser, the resident master gardener," he added, as he weaved his way through the crowds where the people were fewest. "But if the plant you hold there is any indication, you should do just fine Sir!" He grinned then a slight, nodding to himself as he arrived at the Miller State Room's entrance.

"Here we are," he said, opening the door and holding it open so that the farmer go go inside without having to worry about juggling hands, plants, and the map! "See, you actually were not that very far off!" Idly, he wondered if the farmer actually believed he was a master gardener. Most usually didn't, considering the ages. But you could tell by Howard's build, or his skin, about his gardening history. It was all in if you knew where to look.

Flink
FRINKZIRRA

Old 04-15-2008, 07:34 AM

The man looked legit and judging by how the men he was supposed to meet actually greeted him when they reached the Miller State Room he was in fact in their employ. He would have dismissed him for his age if he wasn't in fact good with plants and running a farm early on in his own life. Instead he nodded with a smile, hearing any encouragement was a blessing to him. He'd been so nervous since he'd scheduled the meeting and trip.

But to be honest suits in general made him uncomfortable, especially since he was wearing one. So Edward avoided messing with his tie by placing the plant and fruit carefully on the table, along with the map, then shook the hands of each of the men in the company, also offering his hand to the man who showed him to the room as well,
"Hello gentlemen, I'm Edward Lakis, owner and main farmer of Lakis Farms." He motioned to the tree and fruit he'd brought, frowning since he only brought 3 and there were four people including the gardener, he'd just have to cut the apples apparently. "I even brought samples of my crop for you to try, and to help you decide whether or not Lakis Farms is right for this line of products."

Leona of the Zodiac
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-18-2008, 10:29 PM

((Flink, do we want to do the pirate plotbunny later btw? Im wondering if I should go ahead and make up a bio in advance is why :3 Im terrible with bios, terrrible! Oh yes, I kinda skipped round it but do ya need me to voice the CEOs? *Blinkus*))

Howard shook the hand offered to him firmly, giving a nod. Oh how Howard hated these meetings, but at least this was not a big one. It was the really big ones, with like, over twenty people in the same room, that tended to give him a panic attack. But this certainly was manageable, especially since tehre was quite the lovely looking plant here as well.

During the proceedings, the Master Gardener kept quiet. Knowing, of course, he was not to speak or ask questions until directed to. He, after all, wished to mess nothing up. He left things in the hands of the CEO, here as an observer mostly. The CEO would ask a few questions here and there, and then Howard would ask a few more after sampling the product. He was... admittedly nervous. After all, his debts rode upon this and doing well!

After being addressed, and a round of shaking hand of course, the CEO, a Mr. Renquest, nodded. "Greetings Mr. Lakis. We are certainly interested in hearing of your farm and ideas." Mr. Renquest proved to be exactly the stuffy old businessman in appearance many would cringe at, white hair and impeccable dark suit.

As the food was cut and passed,, Mr. Renquest took a piece, and after trying it nodded. "Interesting indeed. Mr. Lakis, please tell s what sort of ideas and products you can bring to us that no other company can. Tell us why we should pick your farm," he added, looking over towards Edward with an unwavering glance. Not curious, merely waiting, as though every second not used was a second wasted.

Howard meanwhile, tried the fruit as well and smiled a slight. He could certainly tell it came from good stock, and that chemicals did not seem to be used. It was in perfect condition, actually. He looked towards Edward, knowing how intense these sort of meetings could be. But he kept a light smile, hopefully somewhat encouraging, as he listened as well.

Flink
FRINKZIRRA

Old 04-19-2008, 04:13 AM

((That's a hard one. Want Flink to flip on it to see who does? XD Gaia's number thing and a screenshot should do it, yes?))

Leona of the Zodiac
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-19-2008, 05:00 AM

((That will be fine :3))

Flink
FRINKZIRRA

Old 04-19-2008, 09:41 AM

((Since you brought it up, Flink decided you would be odd, she would be even. XD So she generated a number between 1 and 4 and got:

This means you play them. XD Would you like to edit your post or non?))

Leona of the Zodiac
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-21-2008, 05:10 PM

((Interesting gaia avy you have there. Alrighty, I shall go back and edit then! Wish me luck! *laughs* So, by the time you get this, just check back a few posts and it should be ready! Scratch that, its set! Er, hopefully that works anyways,t his ones a new one for me! *laughs*))

Flink
FRINKZIRRA

Old 04-23-2008, 07:01 AM

Edward noted the impressed looks when they tried the fruit. Taking that as encouragement he stood up from where he'd taken a seat and moved the plant to the center of the table. Lakis farms has a wide range of produce. I travel to each of our farms quite often to make sure everything is done the way it should be, naturally and with the greatest of care."

He was careful not to pace, though he did use his hands to express his point before moving his chair to push it against the table so it wouldn't be in his way, "There are a lot of things you can do with good fruits and vegetables. You can sell them to restaurants, which I know you own a restaurant as well as a processed foods business. With how well my products are cared for and grown, they last longer, taste better, and best of all the price I'm asking I can assure you is very affordable and probably the best offer you'll get.

He moved to get a paper from his pocket and unrolled it on the desk, handing a slip of paper to each man present, keeping one for himself, "Lakis Farms also has a large rate of output, even when the crops were bad, they were still better than the crops at most other farms. If you'll look at the graph noting Lakis Farm compared to Brownson Farms, a leading competitor. This along with what you have just tasted, a sample of this year's crop are very good reasons to switch to using Lakis Farms for all of your fruit and vegetable needs."

((Aw, you don't like stripper cop? XD))

Leona of the Zodiac
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-29-2008, 10:55 PM

Mr. Renquest had to admit he certainly was impressed. Far too many people who came here with presentations, being backwoods farmers, certainly had no idea what they were doing and showed up in jeans and a plaid shirt. Disgusting. This man, however, at least knew how to out on a presentation and the product certainly spoke well for him.

Looking over the paper itself, he arched a brow. It was certainly reasonable considering. Howard too looked over the paper, figuring stats and figures in his head. He had to admit he was pretty impressed as well! He looked towards Mr. Renquest, who gave a light nod. "A few questions Mr. Lakis," he commented. He proceeded to ask the general gardening questions, whether chemicals were at all used, if so which kinds, irrigation, what was done to counteract bad seasons, questions that would be expected of any consultant to ask really.

Afterwards, he gave a nod, to state he was done. But... he had a really good feeling about this one, and he found he wanted Mr. Lakis to get the contract too. In the world of business nice guys often finished last Howard had observed, but... perhaps this time he might help the nice guy get a favorable result. He certainly earned it.

((*Giggles* Go stripper cop! :3 Im a pschotic neko reaper there myself :3 Sorry about the delay, this is prolly the most realistic rp Ive done in some time so I have to think a bit harder for a good response if that makes sense! *laughs*))

Flink
FRINKZIRRA

Old 05-09-2008, 06:14 PM

Edward almost smiled. He was waiting on them to ask these questions. He made sure that every single one of his farms used the safest but still most cost efficient ways to do things. And none of his crops were treated with chemicals, so he answered the barrage of questions confidently, nodding when the men asked questions about something, and explaining in detail how he ran things, yet still using terms he knew regular businessmen could comprehend.

The process of explaining thing took what he hoped would be the vast majority of the meeting. He was getting tired of the surroundings and seriously wanted to go back to his room, or to the garden he'd heard the ship had. Finishing up his explanation he looked at all present, a pleasant smile on his face, "If you have any more questions I can gladly answer them, though I think I explained everything there is to actually explain."

Leona of the Zodiac
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-09-2008, 11:48 PM

Mr. Renquest looked towards Howard then. "Any further questions for Mr. Lakis Mr. Stalwart?" he asked. Howard shook his head.

"No, everything was covered quite thoroughly," Howard replied, giving a satisfied nod. He was happy actually, that the answers had been so complete, and thorough. And good as well.

"Then this meeting is dismissed. We shall contact you shortly with our answer Mr. Lakis. Thank you for your time." Always so businesslike, Howard thought to himself. Ah well, he supposed the man would not be in the position he was otherwise. But these rooms always felt so pretentious and stuffy. In that respect, Mr. Lakis was quite lucky. Howard knew it would be another hour or so before he was allowed to dash off.

At least it had all gone well though!

((On a random note Flink, your current avy is so pretty!))

Flink
FRINKZIRRA

Old 05-15-2008, 09:10 PM

Edward smiled, giving his goodbye handshakes before collecting his stuff and leaving the room. Being dismissed meant they didn't want him in the room anymore. Which he was thankful for. Of course he had to stay in his room to await the answer, so no visiting the garden for him at this moment in time.

Adjusting the plant under his arm he found his way to his room, by some miracle. Moving his other hand which was for now free, he grabbed his key, sliding it into the door. Kicking the door softly to open it, Edward entered the room and placed all of his stuff down before landing face down on the bed,
"I have never been so nervous in my life. Maybe they'll make the decision quickly. Though... I could just order room service since I'm so hungry."

He moved his hand over, grabbing the menu from under the towel sculpture. Rolling over on the bed, he held the menu above him, squinting at it, "Figures I need my glasses. But that looks good... and inexpensive." He continued to look at the menu for awhile, he was convinced a hasty decision wasn't the best when it came to food.

Leona of the Zodiac
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-17-2008, 02:40 AM

In the meantime, Howard gave his impressions and opinions when asked to the board. "So, what would your final recommendation, as a master gardener be Mr. Stalwart?" Mr. Renquest asked. Howard gave a nod.

"Well, I have to say, out of everyone we have seen he certainly had the best presentation, and I believe the product to back up the claims. He would certainly be the most promising prospect..." After this, Howard was thanked, and given his leave. Breathing a sigh, Howard started to head towards the deck. He needed sunshine he decided. It was all too stuffy down here, and hopefully the decks would be not crowded.

Mr. Renquest, meanwhile, made the call for Mr. Lakis to deliver the news after another half hour of talks with his colleagues....

(((Eeeeek, short. Sorry, terrible brain fart!))

Flink
FRINKZIRRA

Old 05-23-2008, 12:37 AM

Edward ordered his food shortly, getting the chicken dish. Of course the ONLY thing he recognized about it was the word 'chicken', but the description sounded delicious enough. A little later he wasn't disappointed when a knock sounded at his door, delivering the food.

He tipped the man and sat down to enjoy his food, a mere ten bites into it, he was determined to savor it since the dish was really quite delicious, his phone rang. He hastily took two more bites, chewing and swallowing as he walked to the phone. Making sure he sounded like himself before picking up the phone,
"Edward Lakis' room."