hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 12-23-2011, 10:42 PM

.....gifties?
or do you think you do but the person doesn't like it when they open it?
my mom didn't ♥ her pressie.
i feel so bad and sad and i suck!

tell me if you give good pressies.
maybe i can learn a thing or two.
what's the best and worst giftie you have ever received?

Last edited by hummy; 12-30-2011 at 10:21 PM..

SexualPlacebo
(◎_◎;)
Send a message via AIM to SexualPlacebo Send a message via MSN to SexualPlacebo

Old 12-23-2011, 11:02 PM

I hate christmas presents for this reason, i'm always so worried people wont love them. ;-;
I know a lot of people feel the same though.
So I always try my hardest to be happy about what I get.

I don't really have a best and worst christmas present that I can remember, what about you yourself hummy, do you have a best and worst?

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 12-23-2011, 11:04 PM

Aw hummy - don't dwell on it too much! :( I'm sorry she didn't like it! I don't remember my friends or family ever not like their gift but they're all the type to tell me they like it even if they didn't D:

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 12-23-2011, 11:11 PM

i'm trying but it was not cheap by any means.
and to be honest i could have used that money to pay bills.
my fault, i should know better by now.
*sad sigh*

hiya, SexualPlacebo!
imma think about it and get back to you.
but thank you for asking me!

TheEmpressofEvil
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 12-23-2011, 11:15 PM

I think I give gif ties that are useable at least even if people don't like them I think they appreciate that it might be money they don't have to spend themselves. like this year i'm giving people movie baskets which is 6 theater tickets, pop corn, pop corn seasonings, redvines and twirlers for those odd twirlers fans (i so don't like them. they taste like plastic to me.), other assorted candies. I think people, at least, would like the movie tickets.

for people I'm closer to, I think they generally always like their gifts. i try and put a lot of thought into getting them something they would really like.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 12-23-2011, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmpressofEvil View Post
I think I give gif ties that are useable at least even if people don't like them I think they appreciate that it might be money they don't have to spend themselves. like this year i'm giving people movie baskets which is 6 theater tickets, pop corn, pop corn seasonings, redvines and twirlers for those odd twirlers fans (i so don't like them. they taste like plastic to me.), other assorted candies. I think people, at least, would like the movie tickets.

for people I'm closer to, I think they generally always like their gifts. i try and put a lot of thought into getting them something they would really like.

that is a great gift basket, Ebil♥!

Vanora
Baby Jae

Old 12-23-2011, 11:27 PM

I'm not very good at giving gifts. >.< Least I don't think so. Even though I know my friends and family, sometimes its hard picking a gift they will like.

Lavinia
Queen Procrastinator!

Old 12-23-2011, 11:27 PM

Haha, your just asking for all the dirty minded beggers on Mene with this title! :P

And no, my gifts suck, cause im always poor :(

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 12-23-2011, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavinia View Post
Haha, your just asking for all the dirty minded beggers on Mene with this title! :P

And no, my gifts suck, cause im always poor :(

lol, a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do ;p

Dottie Mae Evans
*~It's all good~*

Old 12-23-2011, 11:50 PM

I usually give from the heart. I think some people disliked my gifts along the line, but I don't really care. ^_^;

People should enjoy baked cookies. ;) To bad my one friend won't let me know if she is picking up hers. >_<;

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 12-23-2011, 11:54 PM

Tip: Don't do what my mom did...

She sent me a box full of random junk I'd never use... (like every year)
She got me a patriotic hat (I'm anti patriotic)
She got my wife a lion hat thing... which isn't all that great... since she has like 3 already

Best option is to make sure you don't give something that looks like it's from a thrift store =.=

Gift cards are quite safe though

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 12-24-2011, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzyCollinsDeArc View Post
I usually give from the heart. I think some people disliked my gifts along the line, but I don't really care. ^_^;

People should enjoy baked cookies. ;) To bad my one friend won't let me know if she is picking up hers. >_<;

i say munch one for each hour.
if she doesn't come to pick them up,
no loss really.
if she does come over to pick them up i bet next year she will be the first one over!

Adrastiea
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-24-2011, 12:12 AM

Aww, I'm sorry to hear about your mother not liking the present. :c

I'm always so self critical when I give stuff to people and I constantly worry about it. Then when they tell me it's perfect I get a little shell shocked. I always prefer white elephant gifts during the holidays because I don't have to worry about being perfect and I can feel free to get something silly.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 12-24-2011, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrastiea View Post
Aww, I'm sorry to hear about your mother not liking the present. :c

I'm always so self critical when I give stuff to people and I constantly worry about it. Then when they tell me it's perfect I get a little shell shocked. I always prefer white elephant gifts during the holidays because I don't have to worry about being perfect and I can feel free to get something silly.

thank you, Adrastiea.
what is a 'white elephant' gift?

Kale
*^_^*

Old 12-24-2011, 12:17 AM

White elephant gifts are anonymous I think.

Derp *twitch*

Adrastiea
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-24-2011, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummy View Post

thank you, Adrastiea.
what is a 'white elephant' gift?
It can really be anything. Usually it's something funny or ironic.

For instance, some of the white elephants I received last year was a bottle of "Wash Away Your Sins" bubble bath, a book about N*Sync, and a tea pot that is shaped like a pig.

A lot of times you have a party where each guest brings one white elephant gift and all of the gifts are placed in a pile. Then you go around the room and you pick a gift from the pile and that's what you get or you can "steal" another person's gift until everyone has a gift.

Kale
*^_^*

Old 12-24-2011, 12:24 AM

Ooh I see.

White elephant gift exchange - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Makes a lot more sense now. *twitch*

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 12-24-2011, 12:29 AM

oh, thank you.
that sounds like a lot of fun and MUCH CHEAPER!

Adrastiea
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-24-2011, 12:33 AM

It really is! And everyone usually gets a great laugh out of it. Usually at the white elephant gatherings I throw I put a ten dollar cap on the gifts. It forces people to get more creative and there is a ton of stuff you can get for that much if you know where to look (like thrift stores). One year I got the most gaudy, glittery, eyesore of a peacock candle stick and it became tradition for the person who received it to re-gift it the next year. XD

This year will be its sixth year in circulation.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 12-24-2011, 12:43 AM

LOL Adra you made a "fruitcake" style tradition? XD The gift everyone wants to give but not receive?
Awesome :lol:

Adrastiea
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-24-2011, 12:45 AM

Yep! And I'm darn proud of it too. That candle stick is hideous and everyone involved agreed that the person who gets saddled with it has to display it somewhere it will be seen for the entire year. I even got it back one year... that was a special occasion.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 12-24-2011, 12:48 AM

lol... so it's the gift everyone spends a year praying they don't get? :lol:

Adrastiea
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-24-2011, 12:50 AM

Muahahaha, yes. I still need to find my gift for this year. I might head to a used bookstore like I did last year where I found Miss Manners' Guide to Excruciatingly Good Behavior. That book had some unintentionally hilarious comedy gems.

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 12-24-2011, 12:50 AM

Hi Hummy. <3
I like to think i give good gifties lol.
But in all honesty, it's the thought that counts ^^

Dottie Mae Evans
*~It's all good~*

Old 12-24-2011, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummy View Post

i say munch one for each hour.
if she doesn't come to pick them up,
no loss really.
if she does come over to pick them up i bet next year she will be the first one over!
Sounds like a plan. >=) Although I have another friend that will like 'em. ^_^;