campie gave us chocolate cake!
go campie, go!
:lol:

WherededIGo
(・・^...

Old 06-21-2012, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camp Counselor View Post
At this point since there are very few entries I will accept poems as well.
That was a good question.
Awesome! Thanks :D

Suzy Sunshine
URE NPC

Old 06-21-2012, 10:58 PM

So that is where my chocolate cake disappeared to and here I have been looking all over the camp for it. :gonk:

@ WherededIGo - You're welcome.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 06-21-2012, 11:02 PM

*with crumbs falling out of her mouth and chocolate icing all over*
whaf cak?

Arc Angel
Sure, I'll play with you-- in ex...

Old 06-21-2012, 11:05 PM

This one time at summer camp...
Username: Arc Angel
My Story

SPOILERX

Sweat beaded on my forehead and my chest rose and fell steeply as I drew in shaky breaths. With my back pressed flush against the outside of my cabin, I faced only the lush trees surrounding the outer rim of the campgrounds. Everything was shrouded in silence, and as of now my only companion was the intense heat of the high afternoon sun. Dare I move? If any of them were to catch me without a weapon, I’d surely be finished.

In fact, they’d nearly caught me early as I had just found one of my teammates. She, too, had mud-splattered sneakers, drenched clothing, and a lack of a weapon. It seemed we had only had a moment together before a small group of them had us surrounded. She was my teammate, but she fell for me at that time. Took one straight to the back, and tumbled forwards with the heavy blow. Anxiety passed over me as I watched my teammate fall, but the only thing I could do was run.

Now I stood there in hiding, fatigued from battle as my thoughts dwelled on all those whom we had lost. Many had fallen that day, their bodies colliding one after the other with the unforgiving dirt of the ground as they were taken down by the other team. They had had a battle plan; we had simply wanted to have fun. Within the span of a few hours’ time, the campgrounds had turned into a war zone.

Taking a deep breath, I looked up at the sky, eyes squinting under the inhospitable strength of the sun. How much longer would this go on? Would I make it out alright? My breath eventually evened out and I let my gaze fall as I began contemplating my plan of escape. Hiding behind my cabin forever while my teammates fell was the last thing I wanted to do, no matter how foolish it may be to step a foot out into the open.

First things first, however, I noticed one of my shoelaces had been untied in my running frenzy. Bending over, I went to fix the problem, but nature had other plans in store for me. Under the pressure of my shifting weight, the leaves and smaller branches beneath my feet let out the loudest crunch they could muster to pierce the still air. I cringed. My body tensed where I knelt as I waited in still silence for the sign of their coming. After a few seconds, my panic passed, and I went about my task of tying my shoes with a new sense of calm.

A false calm, that was, for surely enough I soon heard the battle cries of my pursuers rise from beyond the other side of my cabin. I could’ve sworn I felt my heart stop for a moment as my breath hitched itself. I forcefully swallowed the lump in my throat as my heartbeat went aflutter and my hands began shaking in anxiety. Ever tried tying your shoes with shaking hands? The task took far longer than it should have and by the time I was done, it was too late.

Standing and turning in the other direction haphazardly, I came face-to-face with my demise. Splash! All I saw was red as the water balloon made contact with my face, the slight pain nothing in comparison with the shock of the cold water now drenching my front.

I doubt the counselors had suspected the camp ground to turn into a war zone with their suggestion of a water balloon fight that day, but that it had. After leaving my hiding spot in shame, I saw others of my team walking around in the same condition as I. We were all cold, wet, and, well, smiling. It appeared as if the other team- the red team- had gotten the best of us, but as we sat around the fire pit discussing our experiences, we couldn’t help but be content. This was when an unexpected ray of hope made its appearance. Our counselor dawned a green vest and stood before my team to present our grand weapon for the battle to occur the following day: the water gun bazooka.

Felt I should help with the low entry number. ;)

WherededIGo
(・・^...

Old 06-21-2012, 11:06 PM

Oh yeah. Go red. Go red. Go red :boogie:

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 06-21-2012, 11:12 PM

yay!
good luck, arcangel!

Arc Angel
Sure, I'll play with you-- in ex...

Old 06-21-2012, 11:18 PM

No, no, Igor. You've got it backwards. Green is the way to go. :)

Thanks hummy!

WherededIGo
(・・^...

Old 06-21-2012, 11:23 PM

No I got it the right way round :talk2hand:
-----

Here's my next entry :D

Username: WherededIGo
My Story

SPOILERX

The day starts off with vigour
2 adults and 3 kids
Packing the car with bags
And containers and their lids
Then next comes a car ride
Full of games and treats and sleep
Till at last they reach their spot
Where they will spend the week
The tents are all set up
They’re already covered in dust
The kids run off to play
Climbing whatever they must
Trees and rocks and ditches
Nothings left unexplored
Through the low hanging
Vines and underneath they crawl
The adults get out drinks
Chattering loudly and lively
Some food comes out as well
They’ve met friends which came timely
The campsite gets crowded
As more friends and family arrive
Everyone so far
Complains of the extremely long drive
The day goes by quickly
As the sun rises it gets rather hot
Then cold as it falls
Dinner is getting cooked in a silver pot
The fire is crackling
The kids came back to it
Grandma sits on a chair
So stereotypically she knits
Dinner goes around
A very yummy everything soup
The only thing that is missed
Is a cone with an ice-cream scoop
A giant chat ensues
The marshmallows melt on sticks
Grubby fingers grab them
Leaving marks and scraps that stick
The night is getting late
The kids are sent to their bed
They sleep soundly
Their bellies full and well fed
These activities will vary
But most will just repeat
Not just for the day
But for the rest of the entire week.

Last edited by WherededIGo; 06-21-2012 at 11:35 PM..

Exchange
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 06-21-2012, 11:34 PM

Pulls at campie.
Oxie entered story, can Oxie be on front page?
o 3o

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 06-22-2012, 12:39 AM

good luck, yiyi!

Suzy Sunshine
URE NPC

Old 06-22-2012, 03:46 AM

Entries are up to date.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 06-22-2012, 03:48 AM

ox3tyi:♥you're on the front page!
:squee:

WherededIGo
(・・^...

Old 06-22-2012, 07:17 AM

Thanks campie :D

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 06-22-2012, 07:34 AM

good luck, where'd!

WherededIGo
(・・^...

Old 06-22-2012, 08:55 AM

Thank you :D
If I come up with something I'll definitely write something for the last category :yes:

Arinia Dreamdancer
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-22-2012, 09:57 AM

My Story Will Chill Your Bones!
Username:Arinia Dreamdancer
My Story

SPOILERX

Conner wandered through the moonlit woods, his dark shaggy hair falling into his blue eyes, kicking at random stones as he walked. Why did he get stuck having to search for the firewood anyway? They had lots back at camp, and he hated the woods.

He sighed and picked up another stick adding it to the small pile growing in his arms. They probably just wanted to get rid of him for a bit. He had been just sitting there sulking since he’d gotten here, he supposed he was kind of a mood killer.

There was a moment of guilt towards the others at camp who’d had to put up with him today, but he shook it off quickly, it wasn’t his fault after all. His parents had made him come to this stupid camp. He just wanted to stay at home and play his video games all summer.With a small sigh he continued his pointless hunt for sticks small enough to carry.

Lost in his own thoughts he didn’t notice at first as the forest began to grow unusually still and quiet around him. By the time he noticed it all that was left was the eerie sound of the wind in the tree tops.

As he paused to look around him things went from bad to worse as the full moon, that had been lighting his path, chose that moment to hide itself behind a cloud, leaving him in near complete darkness.

Looking around nervously, Conner decided it was time to find his way back to the campfire, he just had to figure out which way that was. After spending a couple of minutes trying to figure it out, a sharp crack from behind made him yelp and take off at top speed in a random direction.

His panicked race through the dark woods ended as most do, with him tripping over an unseen rock and landing hard on his face causing the arm load of wood going flying away from him.

Conner rolled onto his back with a groan, that turned to a scream as he realized there was a dark figure leaning over him. He tried to scramble away from it only to back into a tree. “Please don’t hurt me.” He gasped, covering his head and cowering from the figure.

“Why would I want to do that silly?” Asked a giggling female voice.

“Huh?” Conner said stupidly as he slowly peeked over his arms. As the moon came out again it illuminated the shadowed figure to reveal a girl around his own age. Her long blond hair in pigtails, her green eyes full of amusement at watching him cower from her.

“Uh, hi.” Conner said grumpily. He was completely mortified at having acted like a coward if front of a girl, boys were suppose to be brave, not run around screaming. “What are you doing sneaking around the woods?”

“I’m not sneaking, just out for a walk, I’m Mary.” She said cheerfully offering him a hand to help him up.

“M’name’s Conner.” He said as he accepted her hand grudgingly and she pulled him to his feet “Are you from the girls camp?” He asked, brushing dirt from the seat of his shorts.

“Yep, and I’m guessing you’re from the boys camp.” She grinned at him “Did you get lost in the woods?”

Conner blushed “Um... no I just... kinda don’t know where I am.” He said rubbing the back of his head and looking anywhere but at her.

Mary laughed lightly “That’s the same thing.” She teased “I know these woods pretty good, I’ll help you get back.”

“I don’t need your help.” Conner snapped as he started picking up the sticks he’d dropped. He was pretty annoyed at this Mary now. Yeah he was lost but she didn’t need to laugh at him.

Realizing she’d hurt his feeling Mary helped him pick up the sticks. “I’m sorry, how about we just walk back to camp together then.”

Conner eyed her suspiciously, trying to figure out if she was trying to make fun of him again “Well I guess so.” He said finally, still trying to sound like he didn’t need her. “If you want too, I mean.”

“Yay.” Mary cheered “Let’s go.” She shoved the wood she’d picked up into his arms and started to lead the way.

At first the walk was quiet, Conner still sulking over his wounded pride, but Mary who was a talkative girl managed to get a conversation started about what he liked and by the time the two had made it back to the boys camp, Conner’s mood was much better and he’d found he actually enjoyed hanging out with this strange girl.

She stopped a couple of feet from the edges of the forest. “If you go straight through there, you’ll find your camp.” She said sadly pointing to a small break in the trees. “I guess you have to go now.”

“Yeah I probably should.” Conner kicked at the dirt a bit “Everyone’s gonna wonder where I went...” He suddenly perked up again “Wanna hang out again tomorrow night?” He asked hopefully “We can meet out here again and just do stuff or whatever.”

“Oh yes, I’d love that.” Mary clapped her hands excitedly “I’ll meet you right here after dark, K?”

“I’ll be here.” He promised and ran off to join the other boys at the campfire.

This became the usual way of things. Each night Conner would meet Mary in the woods and they would wander through it talking about anything and everything. Conner would tell her all about where he lived, what video games he liked to play, what his school was like, Mary seemed to love to hear about all of it.

Mary for her part would show Conner all the different parts of the woods. She knew where the best places to stargaze were, where you could swim, what berries were safe to eat, she seemed to know everything. Conner would learn more in the few hours he would spend with Mary, then he would in a whole day spent with the camp counselors and the other campers.

Conner was having a blast with all this, but sometimes even he had to admit that Mary was a little odd. For all that she seemed to know about the woods she was completely clueless about movies, video games or even books. She loved to hear about them but she knew nothing about any of them. Were her parents some sort of hippies that lived in the woods or something? She wouldn’t tell him anything about that either, she always managed to find a way to distract him when he asked. He didn’t mind so much he was mostly just curious.

It was a few days before the end of camp, Conner had been distracted for most of the night, when finally Mary asked him what was up. Blushing like a madman, Conner spoke. “Do you wanna hang out with me at the camp mixer on friday?” He asked staring at the ground.

The mixer was a big party where both the boy’s camp and the girl’s camp got together to play games and have a big bonfire and stuff. He really wanted to spend it with her but it was one thing to hang out together alone, but with all the guys and girls watching it could be a whole different story. They already were teasing him about sneaking off every night.

Mary was silent for a while then finally “I can’t.” She said sadly “I can’t go to the mixer.”

“What, why not?” Conner looked up at her “I really wanted to hang out with you one last time before I had to go home.”

“I’m sorry.” Mary said near to tears “I really wanna go but I can’t I... have something I gotta do that night.”

Conner wanted to keep at it, to try and convince her to come but he could see how upset she was and decided to just leave it at that
“That’s alright.” He said pretending to smile “We’ll just have to make the next two days really awesome then.”

Mary perked up and grabbed his hand “Alright then!” She said happily “I’ve got something to show you.” She then dragged him off to show him another amazing wonder of the forest.

Two days later Conner sat under a tree ignoring the party going on around him. Everyone seemed to be having a good time, but he really didn’t want to join them, he missed Mary already and they had only said their goodbyes last night.

One of the counselors from the girls camp finally noticed him sitting alone. “You seem pretty down.” She said with a smile as she sat next to him “What’s a matter?”

“My friend couldn’t make it to the party tonight.” Conner said resting his chin on his knees “I wanted to hang out with her.”
The teen smiled at him “All of our girls came tonight, what’s her name, I’ll help you find her.”

Conner perked up “Really?” He asked excitedly “Her name’s Mary.”

The counselor looked at him confused for a second and shook her head “We didn’t have anyone named Mary at camp this year.”

“Yes you did, I’ve been hanging in the woods with her all month.” Conner argued “She’s the same age as me, a bit taller, blond hair in two ponytails, has green eyes.” He said trying to remember anything that Mary had told him that might help the girl figure out who he was talking about, “I think she said she was in bunk eight...” Conner trailed off as the teenager went pale “What?” He asked confused.

“I know that story.” She said shakily “There was this girl named Mary, she was from cabin eight and she was just the same as you describe, disappeared from our camp...” She hesitated a minute “They never found her body or anything, but that couldn’t have been her.”

“Why not?” Conner demanded “She knew the woods really well, maybe she’d been living in them or something.”

The counselor’s words were enough to send a chill down Conners spine “Because that was forty years ago today...”

Exchange
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 06-22-2012, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummy View Post

ox3tyi:♥you're on the front page!
:squee:

Danks hummy <3

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 06-22-2012, 01:34 PM

you are welcome, yiyi!

Arinia Dreamdancer
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-22-2012, 05:25 PM

I really gotta stop waiting till last minute to write :S

Username: Arinia Dreamdancer
My Story

SPOILERX

I took my daughter on her first camping trip this weekend. I hadn’t really wanted to, I wanted to fish after all and that’s not the easiest thing to do with a hyper eight year old along. My wife however made it perfectly clear that if I didn’t then I’d better get use to sleeping in a tent because I was going to be living in one in the backyard.

With that in mind when friday afternoon came, I packed the car and my daughter and I set off. I don’t think I’ve ever seen her that excited, it was like we were going on some sort of amazing adventure, not just to sit around in the woods with our fishing poles in the water.

Remembering my promise to my wife to include my daughter in things I’d taken a map of the park we’d be visiting and marked out a path to my usual campsite. When we reached the park I gave it to her and told her she was going to get to lead the way. Needless to say this made her day.

And so, off we went, I had pretty much everything, where as she had the map and her backpack with the rabbit ears on it. Things went fine at first. She understood the map well enough and we were on the right path, then out of nowhere she pointed to a small animal trail just off the path and announced we had to turn that way.

Now I knew this was wrong, I had camped here before and at no point did we ever need to leave the main trail, but no amount of persuading or pleading from me would convince her that it was the wrong way. She would just give me the look, you know the one, the one that says that I’m an idiot and should just shut up now, and point out that she had the map and not me.

So it was with no small amount of irritation that I finally agreed to follow the dirt trail to nowhere. I don’t know how long she made me follow that little path, though I spent a good portion of it fuming and condemning my wife for making me bring my daughter. All I had wanted to do was fish and at this rate I’d never get to.

I doubt my daughter was too happy with me either since every fifteen minutes or so I asked her if she was sure this was the right way. Every time she would assure me it was just a little farther, that we’d be there soon. If I hadn’t been so angry I probably would have found the role reversal pretty funny.

So after what felt like an eternity my daughter finally announced that the clearing was just ahead of us. I snorted, we were a good two miles from any of the usual campsites so there was no way we could be almost there. But just a minute or two later the trees cleared away and we did indeed step out into a clearing, though not one of the common ones, she’d found something better.

It was a quiet little clearing with a small waterfall that fed a pond that was loaded with fish swimming around lazily. It was quiet, private and there wasn’t another camper in sight, unlike the main areas which were usually packed this time of year.

My daughter turned and looked at me, a smug grin on her face “See daddy. I told you I knew where we were going.” She said then bounded off to play, leaving me to set up camp.

As I worked on the tent a thought occurred to me. My wife was going to be so proud. Her first camping trip and already my daughter had made me look like a fool.

Suzy Sunshine
URE NPC

Old 06-22-2012, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummy View Post

*with crumbs falling out of her mouth and chocolate icing all over*
whaf cak?

The that had the chocolate icing....

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 06-22-2012, 05:27 PM

i don't see any chocolate cake.
*burp*

Suzy Sunshine
URE NPC

Old 06-22-2012, 05:29 PM

Sure you didn't hummy.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 06-22-2012, 05:45 PM

*points*
hummy has no mouth.
:angel:

Dottie Mae Evans
*~It's all good~*

Old 06-22-2012, 10:27 PM

Sorry I couldn't come up with an idea for a story. :S

---------- Post added 06-22-2012 at 07:57 PM ----------

I have a Campfire Story!
Username: LizzyCollinsDeArc
My Story

SPOILERX

This tale hasn’t been told around a campfire but it should have though. It all started two months ago when Bobby and his dad Bob Sr. were packing up the SUV to go camping in Palm Beach. Bobby asked his dad who else was going. His dad replied, "Well son, it's just going to be the two of us."

Bobby sighed and wondered why, until his dad told him he was going to teach him how to survive in the wild. He smiled and went off with his dad to Palm Beach to learn how to survive in the wild, leaving the robotic attack dog to watch the house while they were gone.

When they arrived at the camp site in Palm Beach, Bob Sr. started putting up the tent while he told Bobby to watch out for wild animals while gather firewood. Bobby sighed as he missed his computer, but he still did what his father said. While he was in the wilderness gathering firewood, he saw some type of deer. He remembered what his father told him, but the deer came closer to him. He still continued to gather firewood anyway though. After he finished gather firewood, he went back to camp site. The deer decided to follow him to the camp site but stayed a distance from where the camp site was.

“Good work, son,” Bob Sr. said to Bobby as he took the firewood and stored it, “Now we’re going to fish for some dinner, or at least try to.”

“What happens if we don’t catch anything?” Bobby asked his dad.

“We won’t eat then, my boy,” Bob Sr. said jokingly, “I am just kidding, we brought plenty of food.”

So the father and son went fishing for two hours, unfortunately no fish caught onto their hooks. So they went back to the camp site without any fish.
“We’ll have better luck next time,” Bob Sr. said to his son.

Then Bob Sr. noticed the deer looking at their camp site. He looked at the deer and the deer looked at him. He wanted to hunt the deer but knew it was illegal in Florida to hunt deer. He sighed and noticed the deer was still looking at them.

“That’s the deer that followed me back to the camp site,” Bobby said to his dad.

“Why didn’t you tell me earlier son?” Bob Sr. asked as he was angered a bit.

“I didn’t know what to do dad, we can’t shoot the girl or boy…” Bobby said as he was looking forward to deer burgers.

Bob Sr. walked up to the deer and asked what it was doing here. The deer looked at him and suddenly it replied in English, “Please don’t ruin our home, the last humans that were here lit up the place. My dad told me to watch you guys till you leave.”

“I’m trying to teach my son how to be a man; that means I don’t want anyone in my way!” Bob Sr. said in anger.

“But Mr. Human, if I go back to my dad, he’ll be ang—,” The deer said and then was interrupted as his dad came walking in.

“Son, you are not going anywhere, you’re going to follow these humans and make sure they don’t mess up our home!” The father deer yelled.

“Dad, this human is an angry human, he might even have that stick that sent grandma to the sky,” The deer said sadly.

Bob Sr. and the father deer started to argue. Questioning each other’s parenting skills and they even got into a fist fight.

“Be glad I didn’t bring my gun,” Bob Sr. said to the father deer as was fist fighting with him.

“Only a foolish human fist fights with a deer,” The father deer remarked and tried to head buck Bob Sr.

Bobby and the younger deer sighed, that’s when they thought of an idea. Bobby got in front of his dad, while the younger deer got in front of his father.

“You have to stop this dad!” Bobby said, “We’re no better than the deer.”

“Dad, we’re no better than the humans,” The deer said, “if we do things like this, we’re stooping to their level.”

Bob Sr. sighed and so did the father deer. He sat on a log and looked in a puddle. The father deer looked at the puddle as well and notice they were no different.

“I guess we were just trying to make our sons into good men, huh?” The father deer said to Bob Sr.

“Yeah, it would be ironic if the Park Ranger caught us fighting,” Bob Sr. said, “Let’s call a troops and we promise to clean up after ourselves. We also promise to light up the wilderness.”

“Ok, we better go before the park ranger shows up then,” The father deer said as he signals to his son to run off.

“Watch out the predators!” Bobby said to the deer as they ran off.

The park ranger showed up and asked Bob Sr. and Bobby the following question, “Have you guys seen two talking deer? Their father and son, the lab been looking for them for weeks.”

Bob Sr. and Bobby looked at each other before giving an answer to the park ranger’s question. They thought about it and realized it wouldn’t be worth it telling him where they went. They told a little white lie to the park ranger, and the park ranger left. The rest of the camp trip was worth wild and Bobby had a lot of fun.