Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 04-16-2013, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry Who? View Post
Hello, Maria! How's it going?
Hello Cherry <333 It's going well - gonna get off here soon though *falling asleep* D:

how are you?

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 04-16-2013, 01:29 AM

I just got up from a nap myself. I can never manage to get enough sleep on days I have classes - I have to get up sooo early - so I always end up crashing in the afternoon to nap for a few hours. Which makes me not tired that night, so I stay up a little, which makes me wake up late the next day, which makes me stay up late again, which makes me not get enough sleep before class. It's a tough cycle to kick. I've been trying, but I'm just not very successful!

I'm alright. My college had a book sale at the library today and I got six books for a grand total of $3.50. Some of the books are very old and not in the best condition, but others are practically new!

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 04-16-2013, 01:30 AM

Quote:
I just got up from a nap myself. I can never manage to get enough sleep on days I have classes - I have to get up sooo early - so I always end up crashing in the afternoon to nap for a few hours. Which makes me not tired that night, so I stay up a little, which makes me wake up late the next day, which makes me stay up late again, which makes me not get enough sleep before class. It's a tough cycle to kick. I've been trying, but I'm just not very successful!

I'm alright. My college had a book sale at the library today and I got six books for a grand total of $3.50. Some of the books are very old and not in the best condition, but others are practically new!
My senior year of undergrad, I came home and napped everyday! I was always so beat!!

OOOOH BOOKS *grabby hands* I want new, cheap books!

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 04-16-2013, 01:52 AM

*throws self on book pile* NO! MINE! *strokes books lovingly, whispers to them inaudibly*

I try not to nap, but I never succeed. I just don't manage to get enough sleep before classes. It throws my day off so much when I nap! But I do need the sleep, I don't want to risk my health by not taking them.

Seiki Nova
Wishing on Shooting Stars

Old 04-16-2013, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria-Minamino View Post
lmao me too D:

I taught a cupcake decorating elective in the fall and the kids asked me why I always got the stuff that was on sale.... D: I was like "OMG ARE YOU SERIOUS? BECAUSE I'M POOR" XD
Their asses should just be thankful you provided them with free cupcakes (upon completion of the lesson of course).

---------- Post added 04-16-2013 at 12:04 AM ----------

PS, Cherrypie got great used books! I saw them on Facebook!~

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 04-16-2013, 08:46 AM

BUAHA! Mariaria's hangout~

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 04-16-2013, 11:25 AM

Quote:
*throws self on book pile* NO! MINE! *strokes books lovingly, whispers to them inaudibly*

I try not to nap, but I never succeed. I just don't manage to get enough sleep before classes. It throws my day off so much when I nap! But I do need the sleep, I don't want to risk my health by not taking them.
Sorry I disappeared last night - I passed out XDD

The funny thing is, I can't nap. I have NEVER been able to nap - except that year XD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiki Nova View Post
Their asses should just be thankful you provided them with free cupcakes (upon completion of the lesson of course).

---------- Post added 04-16-2013 at 12:04 AM ----------

PS, Cherrypie got great used books! I saw them on Facebook!~
They SHOULD have been grateful...but some of them decided they would try to destory everyone's cupcakes every week so it was always fighting them about that >.< It would really piss me off - this one girl would go around and lick people's cupcakes when we weren't looking. We just started making her sit in the corner and she couldn't participate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xuvrette View Post
BUAHA! Mariaria's hangout~
Xuvvie <333 *huggles*

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 04-16-2013, 11:30 AM

:O Your avvy have BLACK EYES!

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 04-16-2013, 11:32 AM

Quote:
:O Your avvy have BLACK EYES!
Well...it's supposed to be post-apocalypse dust and soot :P

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 04-16-2013, 11:35 AM

... I thought it is a reflection of what happen in your real life, about not having enough sleep. XD

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 04-16-2013, 11:36 AM

Quote:
... I thought it is a reflection of what happen in your real life, about not having enough sleep. XD
lmao could be - not sleeping well lately D:

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 04-16-2013, 11:45 AM

... Busy with the musical?

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 04-16-2013, 11:46 AM

Quote:
... Busy with the musical?
Yes - it's one week away....ONE WEEK *dies* D:

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 04-16-2013, 11:50 AM

lol. One week... but how extensive this musical is?
This time you are well funded?

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 04-16-2013, 11:56 AM

Funding? Bah...I wish. :(

I just made the kids get their own costumes. And I have a parent who is a set designer professionally and he is making us a house for the set. Other than that...it's coming from my own budget or what the kids parent's donate (This girl yesterday brought me basket and flower petals and I almost died because I was going to go out today just to get some...saved me a bit of money!)

It's a full musical - like an hour and 15 or an hour and 30 minutes long lol

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 04-16-2013, 11:59 AM

Lousy school... D:

ooo... what is the musical?

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 04-16-2013, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Lousy school... D:

ooo... what is the musical?
They are terrible. I officially got my invitation to return to teach there next year. As of now they think I'm coming back but they don't know I'm looking for jobs elsewhere :P

It's Oklahoma. I'm not sure how long it's SUPPOSED to take - we haven't had a full run through with all the kids yet D: But It's taking longer than 45 minutes when we do it after school each day - we never quite get all of it in.

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 04-16-2013, 12:05 PM

Oklahoma? Sounds like a state name? What is the story?

How is your job searching? I do so hope you can find another one that have better system.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 04-16-2013, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Oklahoma? Sounds like a state name? What is the story?

How is your job searching? I do so hope you can find another one that have better system.
Well it's slow right now - jobs won't be posted for about another month or so. But I have an interview with the guy in charge of music in school for the county in which I live so that's good :)

The musical is set during the time when Oklahoma was about to become a state. It's like...a cowboy named curly is in love with a farmer named Laurey. But they won't admit it. And there is the bad guy Jud who is obsessed with Laurey and stuff goes down between Curly and Jud. Then there are side plots XD

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 04-16-2013, 12:14 PM

... Laurey... male or female? XD lol.
I don't know why, but when seeing farmer, I automatically imagine it a him. and cowboy a boy = him. XD

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 04-16-2013, 12:16 PM

Quote:
... Laurey... male or female? XD lol.
I don't know why, but when seeing farmer, I automatically imagine it a him. and cowboy a boy = him. XD
oh lmao - she's a girl XD

She doens't really do the work - Jud is her farmhand - he works for her and tends her farm XD

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 04-16-2013, 12:21 PM

Which is why I am laughing.
I was like thinking... hmm... school, it will be too early to touch on LGBT thingy.... but farmer and cowboy... sounds so yaoi to me. XD

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 04-16-2013, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Which is why I am laughing.
I was like thinking... hmm... school, it will be too early to touch on LGBT thingy.... but farmer and cowboy... sounds so yaoi to me. XD
LMAO.....that would NOT go over well in a school XD

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 04-16-2013, 12:27 PM

It will not? Even in open minded US?

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 04-16-2013, 12:28 PM

Quote:
It will not? Even in open minded US?
It's one of those tricky topics...some parents are for it and some against...so if we teach it to their kids...some of them will raise hell. And no teacher wants to be caught in the middle of that fight XD