Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 03-10-2012, 11:15 PM

Theia suppressed a sigh as she listened to the paranoid thoughts. So much like her sister really...Just what had happened to Beth? Oh well, she'd tell her on her own when she was ready. Until then it was None of Theia's business. For her it was simple as that. Still she debated how to answer her. The rules were fairly loose simply because they had to be ones everybody agreed on and would keep the school going. They also were to keep their powers hidden from those outside the school but that was common practice anyway in the greater world so had gone without saying.

~Chandra? No. As long as you stay out of her head and communicate verbally with her you'll be fine. She might be cold to you and not trust you very much but she doesn't really trust anybody but me so that's nothing unusual. She just reacted so harshly earlier because she's had some bad experiences with telepathic and mind control type powers. We both have... But never mind that. Do you want me to show you to your room? It'll be on the highschool or third floor of the dorm. My room as dorm leader is on the roof."~ She glossed over her own negative experience, the door to those emotions stronger then solid steel and firmly shut.

Angelo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-10-2012, 11:49 PM

"That would be nice," Beth replied, feeling a bit embarrassed at leaving her mind open for Theia to hear thoughts she wasn't intended to hear. "I'm sorry for your... poor experiences with telepaths. I'll try to keep that in mind. Really, that's all I can do. Sometimes I react before thinking, so if she sneaks up on me or something, I could end up barreling my way into her mind." She went to the door to wait for Theia to lead her to the dorm, admiring her surroundings slightly. For a new school, it was certainly furnished decently.

"I suppose we should get to know each other if we're going to be, ah, friends, right?" she asked as she followed the other girl. "Would you like to sit down for some tea? We could... talk, or something." In her bag, which was following her around as she walked due to her telekinesis, she had around a dozen different varieties, in addition to some coffee. It helped her relax and keep her OCD in check, so it was a must for her, but that didn't mean she couldn't share it.

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 03-10-2012, 11:57 PM

Theia nodded, though inwardly she was a little worried. She could see Chandra barreling into Beth literally if she wasn't careful. Chandra still lashed out... Theia had once too. Perhaps she would have if not for the fact that she was the one with the stronger mental powers so had to get comfortable enough with the psychic abilities to shield them. Then again.. it had ended up being rather empowering for her, not just a way for someone else to hurt her.

~ Oh i love tea. Would you like to invite my sister as well? ~Theia answered thoughtfully. She was curious if Beth would like more friends or if she would find it overwhelming and she figured this was the best way to find out. She knew a lot of people and could help her if so, but if not she didn't mind being the only friend either.

Angelo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-11-2012, 12:41 AM

"Sure, I suppose that would be okay," Beth replied after a moment of hesitation. Two people seemed a bit excessive to the recluse, but it was worth a try at least, right? "You invite her though." She could tell that something was on Theia's mind for a moment, though all signs of it vanished after a few seconds. Beth just shrugged. Everyone was entitled to their secrets after all. There was nothing wrong with that.

Beth opened her door once they arrived, peeking inside before nodding with satisfaction. The room was plain in every way. Bare grey cement floor, bare beds, white walls, etc. It was like a clean slate. It was sort of like every dorm came ready to be customized by whomever was going to be living there. Yet, it wasn't as if Beth had decorations to, well, decorate it with. Indeed, she only brought sheets, blankets, pillows, clothing, and food with her.

She didn't linger on the plainness though, instead darting over to the small stove and preparing the tea. An ornate silver teapot was set atop the electric coil after being filled with water. "It will take a few minutes," she said, going about stocking the cupboards and everything with her other foodstuffs. "Do you have a preferred tea?"

Taking a whiff of the air, Waya squinted. His ice blue eyes could detect a flash of motion among the brush far below the rocky outcrop. Unlike most Therians, he and his sister, Tsula, had their senses in human form enhanced as well. This was due to a difference in biology. While they were infected like the others, they were also had magic flowing through their veins. They were skinwalkers, though quite a bit different than the legends would imply. Regardless of differences, it did blend their human form and animal form a bit more than usual for a Therian, which explained his nails, teeth, and ears. Strangely enough, the infection did make him weak to silver, while his sister was weak to gold, as Vulcanthropes tend to be.

Scenting nothing on the wind, he gave an owl hoot three times, which was returned by a cardinal's call. His sister had received the message. Shifting to his lupine form, he bounded down the rocky slope back towards the school, where he would meet up with his sister.

Ears twitching at the call of her brother, Tsula sighed. The stupid bobcat had escaped them. Still, it had been a good hunt. Two small deer were nothing to sneeze at after all. Her tiny frame of four feet shifted into her animal form: a red fox, which was about the average length for it's species. Having been turned when they were children, both her and her brother were small, the natural regenerative properties of the Therians halting their growth completely. They had been converted when she was nine years old and he ten and a half.

Bounding through the forest, it took her around five minutes to return to the school, considering she had taken a rather leisurely pace. She passed by Ziva and waved, morphing into her humanoid form. In addition to the olive green skirt and shirt she wore, she also wore a fox fang necklace, which was similar to the wolf tooth necklace her brother wore. Both of their necklaces were rather plain, as they hadn't earned additional beads or pendants. Their chief would give them those when he thought they were ready. "Have you seen Waya come through here yet, Ziva?" she asked, looking around and scenting the air.

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 03-11-2012, 12:55 AM

Theia nodded and sent a quick invite to Chandra who reluctantly agreed. She would then follow the girl up. On one wall would be a note explaining what room to pick out furniture and decor from, as the school provided some of it but let the students pick it out. Of course most of it was of victorian fashion with a few donated odds and ends thrown in for flavor. She walked to stand next to Beth while chandra sat on the bed and stayed quiet.

"That's a beautiful teapot, and green i suppose..." She responded as she peered at the clearly expensive silver teapot. It was indeed a work of art and confirmed some of her suspicions. She said nothing about it, however, more interested in Beth's present then her past. It was one of her most endearing qualities to most people, that your past didn't matter but your present did.

Ziva was slightly startled as the fox therian approached. She gave her a shy smile but couldn't help but be nervous. So many people from so many different packs and all knowing her even if she did not know them... it was a little overwhelming. She wished the real dorm leader so that less attention would be focused on her.... Still, the naturally shy creature would force herself to speak up.

"N...n..no ...I'm afraid n..not. I haven't seen anyone other then Mr. Heiro and a Gifted. She responded with her usual stutter. She knew it would likely lead to challenges sometimes... this nervousness and stutter was bound to fool people into thinking she was weak but she couldn't help it! she always felt like she didn't quite belong. Even among Therians she was strange...

Last edited by Staria; 03-11-2012 at 03:35 AM..

Angelo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-11-2012, 01:43 AM

"I suppose it is," Beth responded, pulling down some mugs and adding in the tea bags. The mugs were simple ceramic pieces, decorated with starry night skies. It was quite the contrast between the teapot and the mugs, but for a person trying to hide their past, they served their purpose well. Despite Theia's assurance of Chandra's neutrality, Beth couldn't help but feel like she was staring at her, and so kept peeking over her shoulder at the girl every so often. She prepared the tea expertly, adding in a touch of honey and sugar to sweeten. In fact, she moved about the kitchen like a professional, humming slightly to herself as she worked. "Chandra? Do you have a preference?"

Tsula frowned slightly at Ziva, feeling a little disappointed in their second-in-command showing so little spine. "You should really try and be a bit more forceful. Just act like you'll get what you want no matter what, and people will start to think of you as a leader figure," she advised, smiling brilliantly. Really, that's how a chief was supposed to act, or at least, that's how theirs did. There were other ways to lead of course, but Tsula didn't have time to contemplate them as a large white mass barreled into her.

Waya leaped using all his strength at his sister, howling with joy inside. Of course, she detected him moments before he connected, bracing herself against his tackle. Then she pulled one of her tricks, catapulting him into the air and away from her. How she did that, he would never know, though he supposed it had something to do with physics and such. By the time he hit the ground, he was back in his human form. He landed on his knees on purpose so that he could spring right back in, colliding with his sister mid-jump.

They landed in a huddle, still wrestling eagerly as they shifted into their respective forms, the fur coats blending into a sinuous shape as they snapped at each other to try and get a pin. Eventually, Tsula got a purchase and tossed Waya, though they both get back into it in their human bodies mere seconds later. It took quite a bit of time, but eventually, Tsula had her older brother pinned, and both were laughing hysterically as they moved to lay side by side on the ground.

Last edited by Angelo; 03-11-2012 at 03:16 AM..

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 03-11-2012, 03:38 AM

((someone should make the Therian Dorm Leader xd. I would but I think having two out of four leaders is more then enough lol. I might wait for kage to post before i do. and sorry for disappear, irl issues came up >.<))

Angelo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-11-2012, 03:52 AM

((I wouldn't mind having Waya be the leader if it would make it easier on you. :D I just want to let you know that I am loving this roleplay. And I hope your issues disappear! :hug:))

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 03-11-2012, 03:56 AM

((I'm so glad you're enjoying it <3 I was sooo afraid it would never get off the groooound. xD. And hmm, is he organized/focused enough is the only thing i wonder xD. I'd also think considering therian it would have to be an extremely dominant person. Able to control a whole pack but choosing to help out the school instead. Does that sound like Waya? xD. I'm not sure what his personality or anything is right now. xD all he seems right now is kinda dominated by his little sister XD.))

Angelo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-11-2012, 04:02 AM

((He'd tell you that's just because he's going easy on her, or that she's nimbler than he is. XD He's a goof and playful, but he can be serious if he needs to be. In fact, he's completely different when his sister's not around. He doesn't have a ton of experience with therians, but he was usually a leader of hunting parties back with his tribe. :) Really, I'm discovering his personality at the same pace you are. That's what makes it so fun. :yes:))

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 03-11-2012, 04:05 AM

((Hmm well if his pack would recommend him and he could pass a test of dominating a group of five stranger therians and make them behave like a pack together then he could easily be dorm leader XD. So are those two things true of him? :P))

Angelo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-11-2012, 04:08 AM

((Yes, to both. ;) While he and his sister are fairly tied, he knows how to wrestle and fight with the best with them. He's a warrior of his tribe after all. He would have no problem maintaining authority. :3))

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 03-11-2012, 04:09 AM

((okay oh one more question XD. Would he appoint Ziva as second simply because of her ability and get along with her despite her meekness?))

Angelo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-11-2012, 04:17 AM

((Yep. He gets along pretty well with everyone. :P Though he'd probably try and help her develop her tough side too. ;)))

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 03-11-2012, 04:23 AM

((I wish him luck XD. she was kinda abused alittle and the leader of her pack (who ultimately got turned on by his own pack because he went from jsut be very old/rough school to plain evil) used ehr for her ability XD. So basically she was taught that to even stand up for herself just meant pain or forcing herself to kill >.>))

Angelo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-11-2012, 04:29 AM

((Oh, that's rough. Challenge accepted! :lol: If that makes no sense, it's just something we say in school. :) I really do like the lack of bios and personalities in the profiles. It lets you discover your character as you write. It just makes them seem more real, y'know? :D))

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 03-11-2012, 04:33 AM

((lol with me it's more I just like there to be information that you could tell after just seeing a person, or at least reasonably guess. Makes the interactions make more sense and means nobody can act on ooc knowledge lol. They have to learn about characters with their character tye of thing.))

Angelo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-11-2012, 04:35 AM

((That's what I'm saying. By including your character(s)' personalities, you create a guideline that you have to follow. It makes them seem sort of hollow. (heh, rhyming) But this way, your character is free. They can grow and reveal a little more of themselves with each post. :3))

Drakina
*crashing sound* oops... I drop...

Old 03-11-2012, 04:36 AM

Dana stretched, looking out the window of her classroom at the setting sun. Realizing what time it was, and how long she'd been trying to plan her lessons, she made a face. Packing up her binder and stowing it in her desk, she took one last look around, smiling at finally having one of her dreams. All that had to happen after she eventually retired was to acquire her bakery. Stepping out of the room and turning toward the front, and the gathering student mob, she set off, intent on making it known that she was not nearly so cold as her animal was usually depicted.

---

Natalia, or Talia, as she'd much rather be known as, flitted through the group, listening to everything around her, and trying to decide who to introduce herself to first. Her curls bobbed loose from the ponytail it had been in, and her bright grey-blue eyes darted around, trying to take in everything.

((And the mystery is SOLVED!))

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 03-11-2012, 04:47 AM

((Okay now we have a dorm leader for every house but the hunters Xd. and true true. Hmm maybe I should post instead of waiting for kage XD. It's just his character's standing right there >.< ))

Drakina
*crashing sound* oops... I drop...

Old 03-11-2012, 04:48 AM

((I don't think waiting's a bad idea, especially with him right there. I'm heading to bed, by the way. Night!))

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 03-11-2012, 04:50 AM

((night night dear *huggles* honestly I'm debating going to bed myself XD so that's kinda deciding it for me lol))

Angelo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-11-2012, 04:56 AM

((Night everyone! :D))

KageShio
Warning: Unrestrained Audiophile

Old 03-11-2012, 05:01 AM

((Haha, just as everyone goes to bed. I was just popping in to let you know I poofed because I've been feeling a bit ill today. I'll post tomorrow. Oh, and I was thinking of making a hunter, seeing as we don't have any yet. Anyway, oyasumi nasai! ))

Last edited by KageShio; 03-11-2012 at 05:04 AM..

KageShio
Warning: Unrestrained Audiophile

Old 03-12-2012, 01:23 AM

Heiro couldn't help but smile as Ziva stuttered over her words more. "No, it is quite alright, " he began, holding a hand up. He then felt the approach of yet another therian, and turned to look at the small girl just before she walked over to Ziva and spoke. Unsure of what to do, he let his arm drop and remained silent, allowing the assistant dorm leader to converse with the red-head.

When the fox's older brother rushed the scene, Heiro nearly dropped to a crouch to grab the knife tucked into his boot, a well-learned reflex, but he quelled the urge and jumped back a touch instead. His eyes widened as he watched the two wrestle, the realization that it was only play quickly dawning on him.

Giving a small sigh of relief, he relaxed some, but remained alert. Play could quickly become something more dangerous if the young supernaturals did not have proper control and he did not know either of them enough to gauge if they had it. When they disengaged fully, he relaxed almost completely, puzzled but amused by their behavior.

Ren sighed as he re-read the rules sheet that had been handed to him for the third time. He still felt unsure about even being in the school, it just didn't feel right to be trained to kill the creatures that made up half his classmates. Still, his grandfather and mother had both been insistent. While he didn't have the psychic gifts that usually ran in the firstborns of his family line, he did have all the knowledge, which would be highly useful for a hunter.

Running a hand through his hair, he blew another sigh and looked around again, feeling somewhat out of place even though he knew there were more hunters wandering through the crowds. Maybe he should just go to his room, there he could at least have the comfort of privacy. Plus he still had to set up his altar with the items that had made it through the screening. He understood that they wanted to avoid all potential hostility, but he had yet to hear of an wiccan item of hurting an undead creature and it wasn't as if he was going to attempt a ritual to curse someone or whatever they thought.

Resigning to the idea of solitude, he shoved the paper containing the rules into the messenger bag at his side and started towards the other students milling across the campus courtyard, trying his best to stay out of the way as he made his way to his dorm.