Penpal

Old 10-29-2017, 01:39 AM

Thank you, hummy. <3

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Shadami

Old 10-29-2017, 04:19 AM

Velvet going to out do my sims entry? :D i've only been playing sims for almost a year. ^-^ so i'm very inexperienced still (and completely addicted).

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 10-29-2017, 04:26 AM

Show Me The Shorty!
Username: Bearzy
Entry:

SPOILERX

The house was built in 1857, and nobody knew how long it had been empty.

Mary and Helen were restless kids, always coming home from school with black eyes from getting into fights or grass stains and mud on their dresses from their “adventures”.
So when they moved in next door to an old abandoned manor house it was inevitable that one October night the girls would hoist themselves over the fence that connected the houses and walk through the long dead grass to the back door.
It hadn’t been locked, and it opened with a loud creak.

Both girls stood silent in the doorway for a moment, waiting to see if the lights at their own home would come on and they would be busted by the noise. Nothing. Mary pulled a flashlight from her dressing gown pocket and shone it inside. The back door opened into a kitchen, and the dust sat so thick on the floor that every step their slippered feet took puffed up a cloud that made Helen sneeze. Mary shot her a look after the fifth sneeze.
“I can’t help it!” She whispered.
“Cover your nose with your handkerchief!”
“I forgot it”
“Take mine” Mary handed over the piece of cloth embroidered with flowers that their mother made them carry everywhere. Mary often carried two, because she knew her sister well. As Helen took the handkerchief, the flashlight flickered and went out. They rushed back to the door, but this time when they turned the handle, it was locked, and there was no sign of a key.

Helen and Mary Watford were missing for long enough that the police declared them kidnapped, and then dead. Fifty years later, the house was purchased, and when they opened the back door, out rushed identical ten year old girls, wide eyed and gasping, and still in their dressing gowns and slippers. Nobody believed their story, but the young couple never moved into their new house after hearing it.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 10-29-2017, 05:14 PM

yay bearzy! story ! story! story!

*gasps* oh that's a spooky one.

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 10-29-2017, 06:27 PM

ooooh, that's spooky! i love it!

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 10-29-2017, 06:42 PM

Thanks guys! I was tearing my hair out trying to keep it under 350 words!

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 10-29-2017, 06:49 PM

i'm bad at keeping under 350 words as well. xD I haven't decided what spooky think i'm gonna write yet .

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 10-29-2017, 06:56 PM

yeah, i'm the same way! i'm used to writing 10-page papers for school so 350 words is like.... no space at all. xD

i'm thinking about drawing some sort of comic, but i have no idea what yet...

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 10-29-2017, 07:29 PM

well... since i've been participating in Nano and getting 350 words in 10 minutes. . . yeah.... its like nothing with 50k goals every couple months . xD

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 10-29-2017, 08:33 PM

oof, yeah. i've tried NaNo in the past, and i just don't have the motivation to consistently write so many words every day. -_- it's exhausting! so, kudos to you, that's really awesome. :)

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 10-29-2017, 08:59 PM

My grandmother was a librarian and an author. though she isn't published yet. I'm hoping to work on her stories as a ghost writer for her. Even though she's in the ground already. As of last year. sigh. Didn't manage it before she passed. They're good stories that she worked on all her life and never did anything with. So i just have writing in my blood I guess. xD

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 10-29-2017, 09:02 PM

aw, that's such a shame, i'm sorry for your loss. but it's really cool that you want to revitalize her work! that sounds like a cool project. it's really cool to have a passion for writing passed down through the generations.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 10-29-2017, 09:09 PM

Yeah i just visited her grave last weekend so i feel okay about it. Cleaned it up because we had a wind storm and she's buried under a willow tree and a bunch of branches fell. ^^;;
I'm hoping its going to be a fun project. but i gotta say the NSFW scenes... do you know how awkward it is to read those when they're written by your grandmother xD

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 10-29-2017, 09:12 PM

aw, that's nice. :) i'm never able to visit my grandmothers' graves, since i live in a different state, but i have framed pictures of them that i like to leave flowers and other pretty things by. it's always nice to remember them. one of my grandmothers was an artist and the other was really into music, so they definitely passed those traits down to me.

OMG i bet! ahaha, oh no. well... i hope they're tasteful, at least. xD

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 10-29-2017, 09:36 PM

tasteful yes. its like old school separate beds and they're "breaking the taboo" and its all mushy and corny and gag. xD

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 10-29-2017, 09:57 PM

ahaha, aw that's kind of adorable!

Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 10-29-2017, 10:43 PM

I don't know if my story is short enough?

I don't know how many words it is, and unfortunately, I have to sift through my documents to find it. D:

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 10-29-2017, 10:44 PM

paste it in a word counter Ava

---------- Post added 10-29-2017 at 03:51 PM ----------

like this one
count your words here

Velvet
☆♥☆♥

Penpal

Old 10-30-2017, 01:57 AM

Show Me The Shorty!
Username: Velvet
Entry:
"I dare you to enter!" Erick whispered to his best friend Benny.
The two of them were standing in front of the abandoned, old home that stood alone down a dusty dirt road. It had been decades since the tiny cabin had been occupied. There was a local legend that claimed the history of the house was one of violence, blood, death, and other unspeakable acts. So of course, like any creepy legend, it attracted the local youth, especially on Halloween night.
"No way!" Benny replied.
"What? Are you too scared?" Erick teased. He would never admit it, but he was also scared. The place seemed to scream "get away", but the two teenagers were too proud to admit it.
"Er, no, but I doubt the door is unlocked. What's the point of even trying? It probably won't even open!" Benny shivered and from more then just the chill in the air.
"Oh, come on! Aren't you even a little curious?" Erick grinned mischievously, "I wonder if the body is still in there? Ya know, the one of the girl that went missing? They say she was murdered in that house."
"Then you go in!" Benny demanded as he took a step back.
"I will then. Maybe you should just go home, Benny." Erick took a few steps forward and was standing on the creaky front porch that lead to the door. The porch was warped and falling apart, but the door appeared to be intact. Perhaps Benny was right, the door may be locked..
"Erick... Come on..." Benny pleaded.
But Erick ignored his best from and turned the door knob. The door slowly creaked open revealing a strange odor and absolute darkness. Panic began to creep through Erick, his skin tingling with uneasiness. "Yeah, I think we should just leave. I can't see anything." Erick gulped and began to back away when something tore through the shadow and yanked the teenager inside. The door then slammed shut. Benny shouted for his best friend, but all was now silent.

The police searched the house, but no body was ever discovered.

---------- Post added 10-30-2017 at 01:59 AM ----------

It was hard to keep it under 350 word.

SuperZombiePotatoe
Spudd

Penpal

Old 10-30-2017, 08:11 AM

Gooooooosh I should do this...

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 10-30-2017, 10:22 PM

We're allowed 2 of these. I'll hopefully remember to do these.

First up a haiku.

A Quickie!
Username: Nephila
Entry:

Dream thief has long teeth
Moonlight glistening red drops
Survival not cer-

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 10-31-2017, 01:44 AM

woooo some entries! aaah! yas!

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 10-31-2017, 03:03 AM

i'm working on a short little comic hopefully i should be able to actually make some progress on it tomorrow. i only had time to do a really rough sketch of it today...